Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weekend with The Sims challenge – Villa of your dreams

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers,

And welcome to the 2nd Weekend with The Sims challenge series!

We will pick a theme, you do the creating and everyone gets to enjoy some glorious creations!

Every other Friday we will start a thread (just like this one) with a new small challenge, but the rules will remain the same for each one:
  • No custom content or mods - let you creativity run wild in any version of The Sims, but use official content only.
That's it? Yep those are the rules - go wild :wink:

This week's challenge will focus on the lovely world of Selvadorada. What better way to start your adventure than renting a lovely jungle villa?
The challenge: Build a your version of a lovely villa for your Sims to rest in when they return from exploring the jungle and its mysteries!

PS! These challenges do not need to be completed on the weekend - have fun whenever you have time :smiley:

Some inspiration to your all in the Spoiler - no need to try and recreate these ;) , but you are welcome to try.
Something modern
vcsqom9uwy5f.png

Or more traditional
ldkzl8fum0cj.png
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Awesome. Can't wait to see the entries.
  • Maniac4uManiac4u Posts: 51 Member
    That sounds like fun! I can't wait to see the entries as well. I'm always in awe of peoples in depth creations when it comes to homes.
  • ilylilyilylily Posts: 1 New Member
    ooooof, i was gunna do this.... but i seriously cannot build..
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Ooooh I so want to participate as soon as I can post pictures! I can't wait to see everyone creations!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I give you Terracotta Retreat.

61HpE72.jpg
    DquO7W4.jpg
    UhWTSsM.jpg
    OR0l63B.jpg
  • KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2018
    I give you Terracotta Retreat.

61HpE72.jpg
    DquO7W4.jpg
    UhWTSsM.jpg
    OR0l63B.jpg

@alexspoom13 This is lovely! What packs did you use and is it available on the gallery? Is it all from Jungle Adventure?
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member

Okey, here's my villa, named it "family vacation" in the gallery cause names are really difficult x]

40575737582_ece59942ee_h.jpg
    26746203628_f4d7c411af_h.jpg

I love the build and buy stuff from this GP, and also the multicolor hairstyle is so adorable! I want to use it on all my sims x)

@alexspoom13 Your house is gorgeous! I love the roofs, good job!
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    DXeT1O7VMAA3-C0.jpg:large
    This is a work in progress. I had to stop so I could buy groceries and pick up lunch. Except for a few decorative touches and me deciding on final colors here's what I have for a two bedroom, two bathroom villa that can accommodate a cat. This is the front.

DXeT3eNVoAA-szD.jpg:large
    This is the back. I made sure the top floor had its own private deck overlooking the water in Oasis Springs. It's the lot next door to the Caliente household.

DXeT6k-VoAAggv6.jpg:large
    This is the ground floor. I really loved the layout of the Jungle Bungalow in Selvadorada and wanted to incorporate that here.

DXeT_29V4AAghNy.jpg:large
    This is the second story, and it includes a hobby room that's perfect for an archaeologist.

"That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited March 2018
    DXe9IckVMAA8-C1.jpg:large
    Here's the finished product. The screenshots were taken at sunset so you can see the exterior stucco is white. The front view.

DXe9No7VAAA5ACD.jpg:large
    Here's one view of the backyard. There's a barbecue grill, an outdoor fireplace, and a pool for your entertainment needs. Sims can also leave the lot through the stairs by the seating area.

DXe9xuLVMAQrkN2.jpg:large
    Here's another view, but this time you can see the covered deck outside the master bedroom. You can't put fencing or pillars next to roofs. That's why only one side of the deck has the railings from Jungle Adventure.

FYI I've uploaded this under the name Granada Villa. I hope you like it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • keziahgoodman_xkeziahgoodman_x Posts: 8 New Member
    these are awesome!
  • SugarHoneyIceSimsSugarHoneyIceSims Posts: 6 New Member
    These entries are so cool! Loving the creativity.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited March 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by gamekitten on
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited March 2018
    Finally got it done.

Front:
    20jl62q.png

Side:
    xcru5k.png

Back:
    wmklna.png

Pool Side (has bar and cookout area also):
    2qarfhl.png

Very top with cutout walls. Personal Camping area.(top floor):
    2hgqydd.png

24xqn47.png

Master Bedroom( second floor):
    2rp40tc.png

2e0jmzs.png

Children's Room:
    5zk8g.png

Second bathroom:
    2ccs945.png

Hallways Empty for those treasure hunters that need space:
    r7umnl.png
    2l8cche.png

Terrance:
    2jcsc7.png

Kitchen with pantry:
    34pmmfa.png

LivingRoom:
    o7lp3m.png

Main Floor Bathroom:
    1zqgbpt.png
    2n08pro.png

Gym:
    2vlnmux.png

Bar and cookout area:
    eqee6e.png

Very top patio has a wood worker bench and rocket. Let the rest empty due to my Sim will make it her home when she can afford it.

Sorry for double post. SimGuru if a problem please delete first post. Sorry about pictures, I am not a good picture taker.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

I have a comfy studio with a dance floor, pet supplies, and a fishtank to keep the fish you catch while on vacation fresh. There's also room to add laundry; stacked washer and dryer, and a hamper. But I'm not using laundry until they fix the playful buff.

Link to the gallery upload.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1D523717217F11E889BCAA6316AEA815?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=INDYANNA2&max=50&maxis=false

Some pictures.
    23svi2o.jpg
    16gljxz.jpg
    2qwopr4.jpg
    vzelg0.jpg
  • StaticSimStaticSim Posts: 19 Member
    > @DragonAge_300905 said:
    > I have a comfy studio with a dance floor, pet supplies, and a fishtank to keep the fish you catch while on vacation fresh. There's also room to add laundry; stacked washer and dryer, and a hamper. But I'm not using laundry until they fix the playful buff.

This is so cute my brain is going to explode. I love what you did with the plants surrounding your villa, and the mix-match of patterns and colors is super kitschy. That backyard, too, is just lovely. :#
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    StaticSim wrote: »
    > @DragonAge_300905 said:
    > I have a comfy studio with a dance floor, pet supplies, and a fishtank to keep the fish you catch while on vacation fresh. There's also room to add laundry; stacked washer and dryer, and a hamper. But I'm not using laundry until they fix the playful buff.

This is so cute my brain is going to explode. I love what you did with the plants surrounding your villa, and the mix-match of patterns and colors is super kitschy. That backyard, too, is just lovely. :#

Thanks. I like trying to see how much I can make the kitsch come together. Sorta like bringing order to chaos.
  • sillafoxsillafox Posts: 63 Member
    Those houses and the sims versions look soo good!
    sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    awesome, I'm going to have a go.
  • AwsomurAwsomur Posts: 4 New Member
    Some of the entries here are amazing! Such skill!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    here is mine. I love the little chalet I made. it's made for outdoor sims, and It's everything I would want if on a jungle adventure, like the washing machine outside, so I'm not taking mud in the house. Kitchen and diner upstairs so I can enjoy the views. A hot tub for my aching muscles. and a small telly for my days of resting from adventure.
    SrKZhAG.png
    GLDkhUP.png
    just behind the stairs is a washing machine and dryer.
    d3PyrJj.png
  • PhoebePlaysPhoebePlays Posts: 3 New Member
    Everyone has such nice creations!
  • MedusaSimzMedusaSimz Posts: 33 Member
    Before even seeing this thread I had just made my own Villa!! How weird! :D

It was pretty fun thought soooo am gonna go ahead and make another :)
    tumblr_opab9ws8vL1ta5iimo1_500.gif
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member

I know this thread has been resting for a while, but here's a new villa I made. You can find it in my gallery CykelnHH, it's named Villa Flores

41256134761_2ed3e50f81_b.jpg

41256135811_51cb34bcf7_b.jpg
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • BlackhelmetmanBlackhelmetman Posts: 28 Member
    These are such amazing builds! Wish I could build as good as you guys!