Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW TRAILER TOMORROW We are getting... something

Comments

• lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I think it's a patch. Featuring extra content for C&D (a new pet maybe a hamster or traditional guinea pig?, extra cat and dog clothes) and probably wall prints for everyone. Oh and the inevitable gigantic hamster suit for the sims. Toddlers patch also had a trailer but it was released the same day.

The vampire nerfed thing was a big misunderstanding. SimGuruNinja made a thread about it.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited March 2018
    happened to vampires?

It was an update that they didn’t include in the patch notes. But basically, if I understand it correctly, Vampires will no longer break into your sims home and drink plasma from them. It was stated by a Guru that it was too scary and enough people complained that they removed it.

Wait, what? Since when? I had Vlad break in and drink from my Sim this Saturday, March 3. Checked the screenshot I took of it... and my game is fully up to date. :/

Edit: If you check the Game Pack Discussion thread, you'll see that this is not actually true but a mistake made by one of the gurus. Vampire break-ins have not been deleted from the game, or toned down, nor will they be.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited March 2018
    @brendhan21 I reserve my right to be excited by anything I like. I've been stuck inside for a week as the snow is piled up outside and I'm told not to go out. Even small excitements are welcome at the moment - even a dancing mouse.

You are welcome to be as unexcited as you like of course. Carry on.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I am guessing the new pet is the return of the womrat. I also want this pack. I certainly don't buy everything Sims 4 related, but I like animals.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    ernesdo wrote: »
    Is that supposed to be the animal? I thought it was a sim wearing a costume :D
    It's a large rodent.

They know and we know it.

Stolen stuff people - stolen stuff.

How is it stolen?
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'd never want to shame anyone who enjoys TS4. People like what they like, and it’s not my place to criticize. My issue is that why couldn’t the team focus on including all they wanted in one go around, instead of stretching it into another pack that could’ve been used to introduce something new or different?

I wouldn’t mind if Pets or City Living or whatever content dribbled into future packs. However, for previous expansions of the game to get another personalized pack, even if it’s just a SP, is... underwhelming and isn’t cause for much excitement on my end.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Maybe I'll join the Hype Train and assume this is a free pack that comes with more Pet beds, more pet toys and a dog house?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    You can bet money that it is absolutely crawling with fleas.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    ezgif.com-gif-maker-1-1.gif

I am in love with this pack omg.
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I'll withhold judgement until the trailer tomorrow. Not until I know for sure whether or not this is a free update. I'm inclined to think that it is, but I'd rather not assume. If it's free, I'm fine with the fact that pet outfits are only available for those who have Cats and Dogs.
  • itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    Preparing responses:

Thanks for the free stuff pack EA! We got off to a rough start, but I can see that you're really trying to improve.

and:

What is this? You think I'm going to hand over money for a rat? Pets becomes cats&dogs. World Adventures becomes Jungle Adventure. Eco-Living becomes Shirt-washing stuff. Looking forward to the Sims 4: Winter Wonderland Game Pack instead of Seasons... Oh no! I gave them an idea!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    I think it will be free, but we shall see tomorrow.

If this was added on later in the year as paid content then I wouldnt mind.

The only reason it bothers me now is because it would mean they purposefully left out content to sell.

Its possible cats and dogs was supposed to have other animals but wanted a holiday release and just didnt have the time.

If it's not free, I'm not buying.
    My biggest complaint about C&D was the lack of Pet stuff. So if they purposely designed to sell it later, I won't buy it.

Not a practice I choose to support. Everything about The Sims 4 has been amazing content wise for $ (esp Stuff & GP, EPs are the same for me).

But the Digital Content DLC I refuse to buy for the cost, and I will refuse to buy this as well.

It's why I refused to buy Sims 3 store content too. They always purposely sold store content that related to packs. When Island Paradise came out, the EP came with pretty crappy CAS, but the CAS they added on the store at the same time, was much nicer. They also added a surfing set, with sharks. Even though they already had animations and sharks in IP. And they wanted $20 (they still want $15 now) https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72943&section=UpSell

Post edited by jackjack_k on
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    itslouis wrote: »
    Oh no! I gave them an idea!

You monster. I’ll have to pre order my torches and pitchforks in advance. Right next to my deluxe version of Winter Wonderland GP.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
    It's a large rodent.

I think bipedal rodents originated with Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit) and C.S. Lewis (Narnia)? ;)o:)
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The only reason it bothers me now is because it would mean they purposefully left out content to sell.

Its possible cats and dogs was supposed to have other animals but wanted a holiday release and just didnt have the time.

My biggest complaint about C&D was the lack of Pet stuff. So if they purposely designed to sell it later, I won't buy it.

Not a practice I choose to support. Everything about The Sims 4 has been amazing content wise for $ (esp Stuff & GP, EPs are the same for me).

But the Digital Content DLC I refuse to buy for the cost, and I will refuse to buy this as well.

Agreed. The stuff pack would have had to been in development recently, (Laundry started development before pets was announced if I remember correctly, and they usually work on multiple packs at a time), so this means that content would have been purposefully left out.

I also didn't buy the digital deluxe upgrade, I actually got it when it was free for a limited time only. Don't know if it's still free, sorry if you missed it :(
    edited March 2018
    Well guys, I've got some news for you.

I asked SimguruMegs on twitter and she basically confirmed it was a paid stuff pack.

-Runs and Hides looking for shelter before the flood gates erupt-

• PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Agreed. The stuff pack would have had to been in development recently, (Laundry started development before pets was announced if I remember correctly, and they usually work on multiple packs at a time), so this means that content would have been purposefully left out.

I also didn't buy the digital deluxe upgrade, I actually got it when it was free for a limited time only. Don't know if it's still free, sorry if you missed it :(

It's not free but I bought it around Black Friday for a couple dollars.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    So if it's free:

People get a small pet
    Animal prints
    Animal costumes

For people that don't have cats and dogs only the rodent would be any benefit to them? I imagine but they will get a lot of items that will bloat out their catalogue they can't use?

I don't see the logic of that.

Charging people for the above... doesn't sit right with me.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'd never want to shame anyone who enjoys TS4. People like what they like, and it’s not my place to criticize. My issue is that why couldn’t the team focus on including all they wanted in one go around, instead of stretching it into another pack that could’ve been used to introduce something new or different?

I wouldn’t mind if Pets or City Living or whatever content dribbled into future packs. However, for previous expansions of the game to get another personalized pack, even if it’s just a SP, is... underwhelming and isn’t cause for much excitement on my end.

No you didn't ever try to shame others. You made your complaints in a constructive way. That was a type without control moment for me ... but it didn't apply to you at all. I got my knickers in a knot .. it happens.
    Although depending on what the SP is.. I'm still willing to pay. I mean it could be something that others might find offensive in some way .. or might have complained about getting in their game. Not that I know this of course but say it included rat infestations and maybe the possibility to tame one. People would complain that they don't want rats in their game. It could be a separate thing that makes sense. Maybe we could get the cage and a wheel and the ability for the pet to die ect...
    I also don't think they have the resources to give us every little functioning pet in one pack. There are many I'd want going forward. I'm hoping for birds eventually. Would I buy that pack that expands on them and gives them all sorts of stuff? ... Darn tootin'. Would I want a little rat pack?
    I know my scientists would.
    egTcBMc.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I'm fine with Stuff Packs that refer to other DLC, but I really don't want more pets clothes! They are terrible!
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simburian wrote: »
    It's a large rodent.

I think bipedal rodents originated with Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit) and C.S. Lewis (Narnia)? ;)o:)

Rabbits aren't rodents. Spiders aren't insects. It's weird that people still believe either or both.
    Someone should tell @SimGuruMegs that the correct spelling is H A M S T E R otherwise I get visions of wicker baskets. >:)
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's too bad it's not free, but at least it's optional and they're not taking anything away. That chafes me far, far more than charging for additional content, which I can select and choose whether to buy, or not.

I definitely advise people to educate themselves fully so they're not disappointed; and those who are upset about them breaking up the content into bits not to purchase.

Personally the existence of stuff packs doesn't bother me so much, but I don't always jump on the bandwagon and buy stuff packs right away.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    itslouis wrote: »
    Oh no! I gave them an idea!

You monster. I’ll have to pre order my torches and pitchforks in advance. Right next to my deluxe version of Winter Wonderland GP.

Sorry, torches and pitchforks are exclusive to the "Storming the Castle" GP coming in Summer 2019, featuring new death by boiling pitch.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2018
    Its a Stuff Pack guys, $10 for a rodent and if you want everything in the Stuff Pack you must also pay $40 for Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack.
    https://simsvip.com/2018/03/05/sims-4-maxis-release-stuff-pack-tied-expansion-pack/
    I'm fine with Stuff Packs that refer to other DLC, but I really don't want more pets clothes! They are terrible!

I use CC for cats and dogs. Much better quality and are not just internet meme style stuff like the bread hat.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top