Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @EricasFreePlay Good luck with your Legacy! I have never done a challenge so can't help there.

@M13Vulpecula Love the pictures of Bigfoot. I love it when the kids want to befriend him.

@KottonKrown Awesome story! Maybe have the kids take different paths, based on their own personality or maybe their relashonship with their mom.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I found the answer to my question but now the problem I am having is that the Sim is not moving in with my founder while she's still in college. I found the Uni rules for the Challenge and they say Townies can move in after the Founder graduates. I wonder if this is happening because there's an update to the game I can't install for some reason and I am not losing my progress for one update. I will see what happens later today.

Hi :)

If your Sim still lives in a dorm there isn't an option to Ask a Sim to move in. Have your Sim rent a house, if they can afford it, then the option to ask them to move in will be available. :)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I found the answer to my question but now the problem I am having is that the Sim is not moving in with my founder while she's still in college. I found the Uni rules for the Challenge and they say Townies can move in after the Founder graduates. I wonder if this is happening because there's an update to the game I can't install for some reason and I am not losing my progress for one update. I will see what happens later today.

If your Sim still lives in a dorm there isn't an option to Ask a Sim to move in. Have your Sim rent a house, if they can afford it, then the option to ask them to move in will be available. :)

The option to move into the dorm used to be there. I've done it before. Just wondering why it didn't work now but my Sim has finished college and moved out of the dorm and lives with her fiancee (they just got engaged).

The option to move into the dorm used to be there. I've done it before. Just wondering why it didn't work now but my Sim has finished college and moved out of the dorm and lives with her fiancee (they just got engaged).

Sims can only move into a dorm from neighborhood view- ever only that way.

Glad you got them together and it all worked out. :mrgreen:
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Having some fun re-making New Edenia. I'm just not going to bother with precisely re-creating the businesses, I'll just cheat everyone the approximate amount of money they had after they buy their businesses. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Well my poor little family had an interesting day.

The second child of a fairly wealthy family after college moved into her own place. She met a nice guy walking by and they created a family. Their money has been very low. When I started playing this morning, they had $9000 in the bank. I was lamenting over what they were going to do and how they were going to raise there two small children.

The first thing that happened is I found a couple of items in the moms inventory I could sell. She must’ve pick them up at one of my other families home-based shops. That got them to around $11,000. While the military dad was off to work, the mom was busy helping her toddler learn his first skills. Suddenly a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 showed up at the front door!

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 left a magic lamp! So of course the mom wanted to help the family and asked for money. So all day long, bags of money have been falling. She’s a little worried they will fall on one of the kids but she’s more excited about how much money the family has.

When dad got off work, he got another promotion, a bonus and his good salary. So now, the family is sitting on $36,000 after about four short hours. Money problems appear to be a thing of the past!

Now if I could only find one of those lamps in real life!

I have had Townie Young Adults move into dorms by inviting them to Move In. I just don't know why it won't work anymore. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall my game.

I have had Townie Young Adults move into dorms by inviting them to Move In. I just don't know why it won't work anymore. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall my game.

Okay, Sorry. :mrgreen:
    I'm re-making my entire New Edenia neighborhood, so I got a lot of fun building in the last two days. I took the opportunity to makeover a few lots too.

Community Lots
    - Finished building and decorating City Hall, which will belong to mayor Whitney Du Vall and feature a wedding arch, a (cc) job board, the politics career reward, and offices for the highest ranking members of the Law, Education, and Police careers. It also has a court room.
    - Revamped City Hall Park, which boasts a bus stop, some community bulletin boards, a soccer net, chess, maj jong, darts, a grill, and an eating area. It is the only public outdoor space that doesn't have restrooms, so sims won't be able to camp there.
    - Recreated Mikael Mawar's art Gallery, Imitation Life, so it now has a community skilling space in addition to a more sensible layout and a more industrial vibe.
    - Spruced up Sura Kyo's Police Station, along with the bank, the fairgrounds, and the clinic.
    - Figured out where I want some new businesses, including the Lane Grocery and Darryl Muenster's Cafe Gouda Eats
    - Still figuring out what I should do for Tesla Krakow's improved architect office, because his last one was a shack that sold rocks. I'm thinking something very industrial or postmodern?

Residential Lots
    - Recreated a farm cottage for June and Corynne Cleeve at 6 Founders' Loop. The new home is slightly bigger and will probably be easier to add a second floor to when they adopt a child.
    - Redesigned and recreated a cabin in the woods for Darryl Muenster and his cat, Cheddar, at 3 Founders' Loop. He may get another cat soon, but I want him to bond with Cheddar first, he's only had her a few days. Also I would love to find a pet bed that only takes up one tile: the beds in the game are ridiculously large for a cat.
    - Decided "whatever, it's my simself, motherlode is okay," and made my simself a rather modest 2 bedroom 2 bath house with a spy tower, and the most opulent garden I have possibly ever made. Summoning townies and forcing them to garden is fine. ;)

My new projects are gonna be making an architect's office, (which I'm just going to count as "office space" for all the sims whose jobs require somewhere to go but who don't have a logical business to run,) making minor edits to existing houses, (a few need expansions or for me to switch around some layout details,) and continuing to clean my CC.

Then I get to put all my sims back in, fix up their traits and relationships, and throw in about twenty custom townies. :)
    Awesome updates everyone! :)

@Scribal_Goddess You can get some 1 tile pet beds from Simwardrobe. Wayback link here so you can see pictures. https://web.archive.org/web/20160305153308/http://simwardrobe.com/

Download links here http://simfileshare.net/folder/15691/

Under objects -> One tile pet bed.

There are also some recolors for one of the beds here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/d/425347
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited March 2018
    I've been taking the time to work on my landscaping ability. I tested out on this Maxis house. I added the gate and all the stuff outside (it was just an empty shell with no decorations) and I think it turned out kinda nice.
    I think I might look for some CC bushes to make it look better.

Edit: my snapshot settings reset apparently lol, the picture looks really bad compared to how it really is in-game for me.

5vuOTJv.jpg

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Ooh, nice! :)

One piece of advise if you plan on playing that house: that specific house's roof is not seasons-proof; some of the walls on the top floor are not stopping the weather from coming in. You'll have to 'fix' the roof to stop that.
    Banner.png
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Really? That is such a weird bug :D
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Awesome updates everyone! :)

@Scribal_Goddess You can get some 1 tile pet beds from Simwardrobe. Wayback link here so you can see pictures. https://web.archive.org/web/20160305153308/http://simwardrobe.com/

Download links here http://simfileshare.net/folder/15691/

Under objects -> One tile pet bed.

There are also some recolors for one of the beds here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/d/425347

Sweet!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been testing new content downloaded from MTS for sims living in apartments and other small spaces.
    Here's testing a new Mod I downloaded for apartment sims.
    Interactions of the Modded loveseat.
    38774611470_83ca2be8e2_c.jpg
    Here's a chairbed in buy mode.
    38774606750_9dff70086d_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Evony Landgraab (née D'Amore) has been having a good time lately. Malcolm made the silly mistake of cheating on her and he died in a mysterious fire shortly after. So she now has his McMansion all to herself and has inherited his business ventures. In addition to those businesses, she has her own successful clothing store, D'Amore Boutique (formerly known as Hans' Trap Door Corp). She's turned the Electronics Supercentre into a huge success and has started selling luxury furniture there too, it's about to become a level 10 business. Recently, a professor has caught her eye... let's just hope that said professor doesn't cheat on her! ;)

Shady businesswomen aside, I've been working on my neighbourhood Goldcrest (which is where she lives). I've been renovating some Maxis houses in Bluewater Village, bringing them up to a far more luxurious standard. I'm admittedly not a brilliant builder by any means but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'll likely bulldoze some of the lots that I don't feel like doing anything with and put in some prettier CC lots instead, simply because I'm lazy and would rather get on with my game.

When I can figure out how to take screenshots in my game, I'll happily post some pictures of Goldcrest. I've been working on it since October of last year and it's coming along really nicely!
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
    edited March 2018
    Playing a non-Legacy game right now and MAJOR drama in the dorm I'm using. I've had my current Sim (YA female) have over 20 fights with a dorm mate (both of them have initiated the fights without my input) . Looked at her personality traits (I forgot to adjust her traits to be a bit nicer before I added her to the game) and she's grouchy and serious. I don't remember the cheat used to check an NPC's traits. She's still got 2 more years in college. Ouch!
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2018
    My sim died trying to fix his computer lol. (This was on The Sims 2 btw).
    Post edited by r0b0tman5 on
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
    @KottonKrown Great game you have going! It sounds interesting. I use Fraps for screen shots in 2.

@EricasFreePlay Lol sounds like she will be a interesting sim to play with.

@r0b0tman5 Lol oooh ouch. Hope he wasn't the only sim in the household!
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I’ve been super busy with work and the MMO I’ve been beta testing for 4+ years is launching this month. But I needed a break and thought I’d Sim a bit.

I have a nice family living in a big house that also has a flower shop on site. I thought it would be fun to see how far they could get it (currently level 5).

1) my game would run. No apparent reason. Had to repair it and that meant it messed up my graphics. Got that all fixed and started it up.

2) the child in the family SOMEHOW ended up on the flat roof. She couldn’t get back in no matter what I tried. AND

3) I have had a dining room chair that has been halfway pulled out so there isn’t enough room for the family to eat.

Thanks to to immediate help here, I got both problems fixed. I played just one Sim day but the shop owner finally got the ability to make Snapdragons and the shop hit level 6!

After that, I was exhausted so that ended my day. It was adventurous!
    JULES1111 wrote: »

@EricasFreePlay Lol sounds like she will be a interesting sim to play with.

It was fun LOL She would get in fights literally 5 minutes before the 1 hour reminder that she had class. SOMEHOW she made it to class on time and managed to graduate with a 4.0 GPA because I redirected her to do class assignments whenever she wanted to fight.
    @Rhiannon58 Glad you got everything working again!

@EricasFreePlay Lol. Nice! Put that energy towards something useful!
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    I just started a new hood. Figured I'd share some pics. :)

First one I'd like to share is of Mr. Humble, because apparently in my new game he is very angry. I've never seen this man with an expression on his face.
    iRLzlRb.png

I've added my old sim Mathias in my game again. This is my third time adding him to a game.
    5HpCg5M.png

He is still doing what he has always been doing.
    VIkFcmo.png

Another sim I've added is Vaida.
    bQ9rm6R.png

She's spent most of her recent time going on dates with guys she has been finding attractive,
    yXA6LTs.png
    A6mOvbw.png

She really knows how to pick 'em. :)
    1VU12W2.png
    @BimleSim Lol! :D I guess Vaida chooses some winners for sure! Great pics!
    Still playing the same non Legacy house and the NPC dormies I have in there are quite the handful. I have had 2 couples get together and 1 of them unfortunately break up thanks to the Evil Cow mascot (2 guys who got together after my last Sim left). One couple managed to get back together. I have also had 2 girls brawling for NO reason. I think all of this is the reason I have gone back to Sims 2 over Sims 4 lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top