Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed.

I'm really disappointed in TS4 & TS team right now. I got TS4 when it first came out and I own ALL THE PACKS. I've been a huge The Sims fan but this is just wrong..
Vampires being nerfed behind everyones back(no sign of it in patch notes etc) is just low..
(If you aren't familiar with this subject let me explain: vampires can't break in anymore)
I know some of the people didn't like that feature BUT there are always people who will dislike features just like there are those who love them.
Even the Vampires trailer shows us that vampires can break into our houses. But now they can't? Excuse me? Can I get my money back because this is false advertising!

I'm just done. I'm not gonna buy any new DLC until this is fixed! I hope that other people are doing the same.

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    They definitely should've informed us of the change at the very least. It is pretty disappointing to see the break-ins nerfed. I'm wondering where the supposed event feedback came from because I feel like I haven't seen that sort of talk on the forums much, if at all. I have to admit this change makes VERY little sense to me.
    6riwm5.png
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @littlemissgogo I totally agree with you. I have no words to describe how disappointed I am to this situation atm.
    This totally came out of the blue to all of us.
    I've been TS fan for 13 years, I know it hasn't always been a smooth route with this franchise but this is just low. Doing this without letting us know in patch notes or anywhere else is just wrong in so many levels..
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    They definitely should've informed us of the change at the very least. It is pretty disappointing to see the break-ins nerfed. I'm wondering where the supposed event feedback came from because I feel like I haven't seen that sort of talk on the forums much, if at all. I have to admit this change makes VERY little sense to me.

Might have been tumblr.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    @ItsJanier
    Simguruninja is currently trying to get feedback and work with us for a solution in the original thread where we learnt this. If anyone is interested here is the link.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2018
    @BeJaWa
    Yeah I saw that too! Thank you for the link so everyone who sees my post here on feedback section can find it.

@meerkattime I totally agree with you. Vampires GP is my favourite GP because the vampires that we got are totally vampires!

(Edited because of my spelling errors that I make all the time thanks to dyslexia)
    Post edited by ItsJanier on
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited March 2018
    A toggle option of choosing if vampires can break in or not (or perhaps some lot trait to prevent vampires) would make everyone happy.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So you liked the fact you couldn't leave a community lot because a vampire was breaking in? I am ignoring the vampires and just playing so I have no idea what you are talking about when you are saying they are nerfed.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    @pepperjax1230 The Sims team forced an update on all of us(behind everyones back, there was zero info about it in patch notes) that nerfed the vampires. They can't break into houses anymore and suck plasma from your Sims.
    That's the issue.
    The thing that bothers me most is that they did it behind our back.

You can read the whole post from the link that BeJaWa posted^
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Hmmm... I wonder... is it possible that they may have disabled it for them so they can add burglars at a later date? People have been asking for more NPCs. Who knows. You could always ask them on Twitter, they are very active on that site I think. Idk, sorry to hear you're bummed about it, understandable for those who enjoyed that feature.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Despite the fact that it annoyed me that vampires broke in , it did bring something unpredictable to the game. And at one point after cats and dogs was released, Vlad stepped in my dogs poop when he came to break in before it was taken out. I was wondering why I hadn't had any break-ins in a while. I thought maybe I was just lucky all this time. To be completely honest though, I'd rather they break in instead of just come by in the middle of the night. At least they leave after they break in. And it's the closest thing we will get to robbers haha. Plus what's the point of making a garlic wreath now? The still come by. At least before I knew they couldn't break in
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    @mommy19959699 SimGuruNinja has been talking with us on the convo where we learnt about this problem. BeJaWa posted a link to it on his/her comment. We are trying to find a solution that would make everyone happy.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    edited March 2018
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    @mommy19959699 SimGuruNinja has been talking with us on the convo where we learnt about this problem. BeJaWa posted a link to it on his/her comment. We are trying to find a solution that would make everyone happy.

Okay sounds good :-)
    Edit: Okay so I saw the post and read some of it. "But even still, it still confused and scared a lot of players" so more Disney, got it. Man this game has gone super soft.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    I heard people say the chance was turned down but I didn’t know it was removed completely.

I’m curious why a mod wasn’t created to make it so random people can break in, not just vampires.
  • Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2018
    I came looking for evidence today to determine if i should bother buying any on-sale expansions, i still feel so cheated for buying the base game for $60! And now it's $15! I guess i have my answer. I think i'll just save my expansion money in hopes of supporting the site costs of the good modders who might make this The Sims again one day, when it's done being re-messed over every now and again.

Also, if my sims try to grab water or use a cell phone ONE MORE TIME when i've told them to socialize, i think i'm-a SMITE THEM! Sorry if i helped change your mood to angry. :P
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member
    I was just playing and had a vampire break in...
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
    I was just playing and had a vampire break in...
    @Internal_Chaos
    Others have reported the same thing. We don't know which patch it was in, so maybe older saves will still have the feature but one made after whichever patch won't? It was stated by a guru it was removed so I'm assuming it's true and I've been trying to puzzle out how some people are still getting break ins myself the above is the best explanation I have.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I didn't realize they had been nerfed. I started a fresh save after the patch and had all mods/cc pulled. I had a Vlad call the first night. He did actually come in, but he didn't bite. I thought it was because my sim's cat was awake and woke his owner up (which he had). Vlad did come back the next day and I'm fairly certain he bit her that time. She had an uncomfortable moodlet and got woken up. If they were removed with a patch, I kind of feel like I'm losing my mind because I'm 99.9% sure she got bit but I wasn't paying attention. Maybe the moodlet was over a cheap bed. I don't know now because I wasn't aware there was a change with vampire invasions.

Vlad definitely entered the house both those times, but he never returned after that. It was just after the patch but before JA came out. I usually play with mods and CC but I wasn't at that time because I play with all mods and CC out until they are updated or confirmed to be working.
  • kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    I think the nerf of "misfortunes" in general kind of pales the game.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The fact you are complaining about vampires not being like they were I find hilarious since most of you didn't even want that pack because it had vampires in it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    @pepperjax1230 most? Who are they?
    Vampires is one of the most liked DLC that TS4 has had.
    And if you find me saying this hilarious you must have a really bad sense of humour..
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    They slam the breaks on Aliens so it's only fare Vampires get the breaks. This should also go for fairies and other odd creatures.
    The fact you are complaining about vampires not being like they were I find hilarious since most of you didn't even want that pack because it had vampires in it.

:o:| Huh?
    I don't know what else to say and I don't know if this can be explained so I get it. I just don't know what you are trying to get at here. I know I got the pack because it had vampires, I can't speak for anyone else but many of the people I see commenting I recognize from other threads as liking vampires so I don't know, I'm confused.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Seriously, what are you even talking about?? Are you actually trying to lump together the people who wanted vampires with those who just bought the pack for furniture? Because you're not making sense. If you were actually keeping tabs on who wanted vampires, you would realize that most of us had been making threads and asking for Vampires and writing wish lists long before that pack even came out. You obviously haven't been paying attention. Stop making plum up.

Yes, thank you.