Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you manage your sims' outfits?

2...Next

Comments

• stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    One outfit that you change when you feel like it.
    I usually keep my Sims in a single everyday outfit, making only occasional changes when I want. Although it does depend on how many Sims/households I'm playing in a save. Fewer Sims usually mean more wardrobe options.

But since I play multiple households rotationally most of the time, it’s rare for me to get bored by seeing my Sims dressed the same way every day. I also tend to spend a lot of time and thought setting up all the initial outfits for each category, based on trait/personality, fave colors and what clothing best suits the weather/climate/style of the world. Frequent changes for all of them would be too time-consuming when considering the number of households I play in a save and that I also usually play overstuffed households. I’m in CAS or Stylist more often than I’d prefer to be as it is, to adjust maternity wear and fix all the crazy random outfits and hairstyles after birthdays. That’s more than enough clothing changes for me!
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Three outfits that you cycle through.
    I chose this option but I also make other outfits that are suitable for other season and weather that's not classified as an outerwear.
    Now I really wish that EA's put more clothing options available for out sims to wear as an appropriate outerwear instead of a bunch of wedding dresses.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Now I really wish that EA's put more clothing options available for out sims to wear as an appropriate outerwear instead of a bunch of wedding dresses.

And those overalls.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    ChocoCub wrote: »

And those overalls.

Bahahaha yup! It's hideous to see a bunch of townies dressed in overalls at the winter festival :D
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I like to change outfits manually and use Master Controller on inactives if the season is changing and sims get outfits changed if they need a new style to match a new stage in life like a smaller child is getting older and might've outgrown some child clothing styles so I give them more mature looking child clothing suitable for an older child.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Outfits that you change to fit the season/weather.
    If I played less sims I would love to change their outfits a lot more regularly than seasonal. But I jump around between over 100 sims in my save and I would be spending all my time in CAS if I did.
    Also, of course, they get a trip to the stylist upon aging or if they've been in an age stage for a long time and the clothing, hair, makeup, and accessories represent an older toddler/child/teen than there were previously.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    For me it depends on the type of game I'm playing. In my current short agespan uglacy I'm leaving it up to the game, but in other cases I'd change some things.
    Banner.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @M13Vulpecula It was just the second time your signature tricked me.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Other (Please specify)

@M13Vulpecula dag, ya got me with the siggy! :lol:

@Emily4331 Some of my sims have too many outfits as i love the character and love trying new styles on them. Gardenia for one has 8 everyday outfits, courtesy of MC and I hate getting rid of any of the old ones. Probably one reason that save lags a bit. Her hubby Victor has 6 everyday outfits.
    edited March 2018
    @M13Vulpecula @GITTE2001 @bekkasan The signature from Hell.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    @M13Vulpecula It was just the second time your signature tricked me.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @M13Vulpecula dag, ya got me with the siggy! :lol:

@Emily4331 Some of my sims have too many outfits as i love the character and love trying new styles on them. Gardenia for one has 8 everyday outfits, courtesy of MC and I hate getting rid of any of the old ones. Probably one reason that save lags a bit. Her hubby Victor has 6 everyday outfits.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @M13Vulpecula @GITTE2001 @bekkasan The signature from Hell.

Sorry XD
    Banner.png
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    One main outfit, edited day-to-day
    LOL @Emily4331 :D Have you seen my sims posted daily,am a CAS freak of nature all about sims looking like runway models.And don't get me started on patterns .....

We are the only 2 who are truly CASt nuts that don't treat our sims like cartoon characters who have the same outfit every show

Example time...ALL!!! Betty Simovitch same sim untweaked every pic yet gets styled differently

tWOYTiT.jpg

OCMguRx.jpg

BmICUfy.jpg

1JDXj5i.jpg

9u7XeOB.jpg

ds4vOfU.jpg

jdzPL7y.jpg

J8sbWaW.jpg

fVQ60hT.jpg

Yes this is Betty

So7rB95.jpg

Yupp

mHfcElQ.jpg

FMpI1Ar.jpg

H1uECjq.jpg

Vh4xtEb.jpg

OIJFysn.jpg

KAXASBr.jpg

WiVpTIy.png

Hi my name is Craven and I'm a CASt addict

NKxuGiY.gif

@bekkasan You cannot hide you are a closet CASt addict :smirk:

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I feel like their outfit is a main thing that expresses their personality (let's face it, there is a limit to the changes we could do with different sims so they will not look all alike). Also I play rotational so I change a sim "regular" outfit only once in a while. I can't control changing the outfits of many households so often.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Same outfit their entire lives.
    @CravenLestat I don't treat my sims like cartoon characters because they are dressed the same all the time! :# I dress every sim in my town on every birthday and if I were to plan several outfits for my active sims I would spend so much time in CAS that there would be no sim babies which is the only reason I play!
    You are excused, though, because your patterns are the best <3
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I wasn't sure which answer to select, honestly.

I always create a set of outfits, from every day down to outdoor wear when I create my SIM. I know that when I usually start my game, it's Summer in whatever world I select, so I give them a summer outfit. I also choose according to the personality I'm creating for them and their age.

I change outfits according to season and age. Like when I aged Valentine up, I got rid of her hip huggers and her boho hat. I even changed her hair to make her seem "more mature" (read: A mom approaching middle age).

If I send them on vacation, I give them a "vacation outfit".

I change townies, mostly the kids because EA keeps assigning the toddlers/kids those thigh high high heeled boots and it makes me crazy. I'll then dress the kid according to the season. I hate seeing them run around in shorts and there's snow everywhere. LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Usually, I'll just keep my Sims in the same outfit(s) until I get sick of them. Then I change them into something else. For each category. My Sims wear the same things for months on end sometimes.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    One main outfit, edited day-to-day
    @Mikezumi Was just using that as an example :* like if I said Shaggy from Scooby Doo you could tell me what he has on in every episode.Homer simpson will have on jeans a white Polo shirt and black shoes,Misty from Pokemon will have red suspenders a yelllow top and short jean shorts.

Besides since when do your boys have clothes on,I see pants flying down from the treehouses and dudes posing for newd sketches,trips in the naughty photobooth,skinny dip hot tub etc etc they are undressed more so you don't count :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat True, actually. Her sim even died after a woohoo.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited March 2018
    Other (Please specify)
    @Emily4331, I finally decided to unlock all categories with MC. So now I have the pick of whatever clothing (both in-game and CC clothes) to put on my sims for any weather. :D Maybe my insane sims will go out in a bathing suit or if they're female; a bikini :D in the dead of winter. :D And all this just so that my sims can wear the proper outfit for "outerwear" - the university jacket that I created in CC
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I usually cycle through three outfits though I wish they'd made it four or five instead. I try to make sure each of the everyday, formal, sleepwear, and athletic wear outfit can fit a season or two. Even though I typically have three each kind of outfits with the exception of swimwear and outerwear (I make at least two of those for each sim) I'll change those occasionally when the season they were planned for rolls back around and I'm tired of them.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I chose the three outfit cycle, but a lot of the time I like to remake the three outfits into something different to show time passing. This is only for active sims, townies can stick to one outfit.
  • helleenlinahelleenlina Posts: 13 New Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I often change my sims their outfits when they become parents. Idk why, but I just feel like it gives them more of '' I have entered a new stage of my life'' vibe.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I kinda want the option to say 'barely' :')
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory