Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Jungle Adventures

Comments

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Can teens travel alone?

I sent two teenage brothers and their girlfriends to Selvadorado without any adult supervision.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    katandmari wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is for all the relics yet.

Not even close.

I don't understand? I fused several relics now with different crystals and they do slightly different things depending on the crystal.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I read somewhere that there is only one temple. Is this true? I didn't even know there was only 1 temple. It would be good to know so that I dont waste time trying to find others lol.

And thanks guys for answering my other questions :)<3
    I read somewhere that there is only one temple. Is this true? I didn't even know there was only 1 temple. It would be good to know so that I dont waste time trying to find others lol.

Yes, there is only one gate that leads to the temple. The layout changes each time which is what makes the 5 temples
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    at the 'rare' fishing location (the one with the electric eel), your sim can occasionally catch relics, as well as the jungle supplies and expected fish
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member

Yes, there is only one gate that leads to the temple. The layout changes each time which is what makes the 5 temples

Does the inside of the temple change?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Does the inside of the temple change?

I saw someone's comment somewhere that said the temple definitely changes. I guess one has lots of plants inside.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

Not even close.

I don't understand? I fused several relics now with different crystals and they do slightly different things depending on the crystal.

I misunderstood the question. Thought you were asking if that was it for the total number of relic combinations. There's a dozen or so unique end results for relic top/base/crystal combinations and crystal rarity determines the "strength" of the curse/blessing.

Also, each curse has a "solution" that will change the behavior into a positive blessing.
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Where have you seen a scorpion?

Sorry, maybe it wasn't, I just read that somewhere else and I knew they teased in the stream there would be new death (or deaths?). Now that I'm seeing more it seems like you can be poisoned in different ways? Gah. I need to not be an adult so I can PLAY.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    You can order pizza while staying in your rental lot. Meh heh. :sunglasses:
    @applefeather2 i saw this in another thread and am guessing this is what happened on your rental lot?
    28471310_816217441915569_9135777102350504160_n.png?oh=544bc0cca75c31943ac3c9acc3e600f5&oe=5B06D8CB

that seems...very much unintended. and quite weird. maybe they'll be harvestable once the tree actually grows
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @applefeather2 i saw this in another thread and am guessing this is what happened on your rental lot?
    28471310_816217441915569_9135777102350504160_n.png?oh=544bc0cca75c31943ac3c9acc3e600f5&oe=5B06D8CB

that seems...very much unintended. and quite weird. maybe they'll be harvestable once the tree actually grows

Yes, that is exactly what happened. So I guess it's not just happening to me.
    I remember this happened in either Sims 2 or 3... I forget which one. Seems so funny that it's in this iteration as well.
    I just went back to an earlier save so I don't have to worry about it.... until I try to plant them in the regular world... but only ONE seed, let me tell you!
  • user_17user_17 Posts: 6 New Member
    Does anyone know how to get into the paths with the doors? you know it keeps saying "maybe it'll open on you're next visit". Well it's my fourth visit and still not opening. Do current skills levels need to be achieved? or does anyone know the number of trips you have to make to get in?

Sorry dont mean to be annoyong and ask questions. I'll try to add a new 'did you know'.

Did you know you can take a fire pit with you? That way you can feed your sim in the jungle. If it won't let you roast something send your sim a couple feet away. Then do add a log and immediately follow with roast food.
    the ones that are openable are supposed to be randomly picked on each visit, but of course, that doesn't always seem to be the case. according to another thread, there's supposed to be a cheat to unlock them all. i'm sure some of our people that trawl through the code will find that soon enough, if it's there
  • user_17user_17 Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="kalaksed;c-16354428"]the ones that are openable are supposed to be randomly picked on each visit, but of course, that doesn't always seem to be the case. according to another thread, there's supposed to be a cheat to unlock them all. i'm sure some of our people that trawl through the code will find that soon enough, if it's there[/quote]

Thanks! Do you know how many of these are overall are there? I have two. Is there more?
    user_17 wrote: »
    the ones that are openable are supposed to be randomly picked on each visit, but of course, that doesn't always seem to be the case. according to another thread, there's supposed to be a cheat to unlock them all. i'm sure some of our people that trawl through the code will find that soon enough, if it's there

Thanks! Do you know how many of these are overall are there? I have two. Is there more?

there is a 3rd one in the royal baths, it leads to a royal gardens area

Not even close.

I misunderstood the question. Thought you were asking if that was it for the total number of relic combinations. There's a dozen or so unique end results for relic top/base/crystal combinations and crystal rarity determines the "strength" of the curse/blessing.

Also, each curse has a "solution" that will change the behavior into a positive blessing.

Cool, good to know! Thanks so much :)
    huh. interesting on the 'solutions'. i guess the few screenshots i took up above explain how to turn around theirs (i was doing most of my experimenting right next to the statue by the cantina, so a quick $250 to cure each curse was all i focused on at the time). will likely update that post with more screenshots as i get around to reacquiring blessings and curses
    edited March 2018
    post about blessings/curses updated with all but one curse being cured and turned around, as well as a guess on the results of that one being lifted

also, i wound up having the 'floating berries' glitch, myself, since i was silly and took the sims on another vacation before the just-planted berries in their home's backyard were more than sprouts. came back home, floating berries over the sprouts. however, a second after i clicked each tree, it turned into a fully grown one and i was able to harvest the berries. very, very weird
  • costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello all,
    i would like to know where i can find the golden relics. I done a lots of temple exploration. My sim have archaeology and local culture maximized. i completed the Ancient Omiscan Artifacts Collection and i miss 2 plates for the Omiscan Treasures collection. I have my inventory full of base and top relics but are all wood relics. I completed a lots of those relics and tested all. Please someone can tell me where i can find the golden ones?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Did you know you can hang out at the national park and still get attacked by bees?

My short story..
    I was testing out a plain family vacation and I took my Sims to the park Belsomia trailshead or something like that. I added kids activities and outdoor stuff to do to the park. I am thinking my Sim family is safe there. I don't need to bring anything to protect them. Oh no, the Sim husband gets attacked by bees. I love the surprises in this pack LOL.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Did you know bats,bees,spiders etc can even attack your sim in buildings?

Did you know dogs and cats can get bit by squirrels in Salvedarado?
    did you know maxing selvadoradan culture makes your sim immune to firefly and lightning bug attacks (on top of a bunch of other random bonuses it gives)?

545bededfa6dc79091ed062a205f5be4.png
    the sim will clap their hands and move them in a circle, the fireflies move in a similar circle and then vanish:
    35593f31da4793310f64eff0e6020c6d.png
    also...now that i finally saw these fireflies, it's no wonder they set things on fire so easily...
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    did you know maxing selvadoradan culture makes your sim immune to firefly and lightning bug attacks (on top of a bunch of other random bonuses it gives)?

545bededfa6dc79091ed062a205f5be4.png
    the sim will clap their hands and move them in a circle, the fireflies move in a similar circle and then vanish:
    35593f31da4793310f64eff0e6020c6d.png
    also...now that i finally saw these fireflies, it's no wonder they set things on fire so easily...

now that is awesome..lol