Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selvadorada Lots

It appears I have to bulldoze and build....as usual. The 8 bedroom is a waste of a lot. Like I thought. But that's okay. I'm up for it.

I just don't get why they make the lots they do for a game. Who is their lot builder? How can an 8 bedroom for over $700 simoleons a night be passed off as good for a single sim studying archaeology?

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    It's for people who want to simulate bringing large research teams to the area. Not everyone who is bringing sims there is only bringing in one sim.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Some sims might bring their family or friends on holiday. There is also a house that is 1 bedroom.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They are simply trying to give us a variety of places to rent to fit whatever needs you may have. If you want a romantic villa, there is one. If you bring a large number of sims along, then the Field Station would come in handy.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hey, it's a vacation town. I like to bulldoze the rental lots of OR and replace them but I maintain a variety of prices.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They are simply trying to give us a variety of places to rent to fit whatever needs you may have. If you want a romantic villa, there is one. If you bring a large number of sims along, then the Field Station would come in handy.

Agreed although the one and only thing that bothers me about this is that if my sim brings along 7 archaeology nerd-friends he'll pay for all of them. It'd be cool if they could split costs when going on vacation :/ but well small issue, still love the lots!
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I wish they'd made the spot where the church is an actual lot. Would've been a good place for another venue or rental and there's always need for more lots in general in TS4.
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I wish they'd made the spot where the church is an actual lot. Would've been a good place for another venue or rental and there's always need for more lots in general in TS4.

I'm glad they added the church building, however, it would be nice if we could enter it. I think all jungle villages probably have a church somewhere near by.
  • cherryboyJJcherryboyJJ Posts: 55 Member
    The church building is so pretty! Oh man, how I wish it was a real lot and our sims could get married in it :'(<3
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I didn't see this church building, can someone post a pic?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If we had portable easels, I'd like to be able to set one up to paint the church. I'll need to get my Sim's Photography level up so that she can take pictures of it that look good.

I replaced the Field Station with a 2BR house in my library and it came out to less than 300 Simoleons a night: furnished it with a couch and TV, bookcase, small kitchen, 2 beds and dressers, and a toy box for Sim kids. More of a desert look than a jungle, but it'll work for now till a few more jungle-themed residential properties pop up on the Gallery.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited March 2018

You can see it in the background here. Don't have a better screenshot of it right now (I think that's the church anyway) ^^
    EuRbWse.png
    SimTrippy wrote: »

You can see it in the background here. Don't have a better screenshot of it right now (I think that's the church anyway) ^^
    EuRbWse.png

Wish I could see where it was relative to the rest of the map :p
    SimTrippy wrote: »

EuRbWse.png

Wish I could see where it was relative to the rest of the map :p

Sorry, I thought you were looking for a pic ;)

Mapwise: it's on the side of the Cantina, very near the smallest rentable lot there. Kinda right next to it on the way up :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited March 2018
    here's an ugly flyover just to show relative location. that's the church in the top left, with the cantina in the bottom right. the museum is behind the church
    70b2e3cc63962326faca1097e1992508.jpg

and then a shot of the front:
    6e566cd878207060549015c616aadcfe.jpg

@kalaksed Ohhh, I completely passed that whole part while looking for the museum from the marketplace!
    i slow panned through the whole map (well, both maps) as soon as i arrived in it. love seeing all the stuff, and really like the overlook down between the fishing spot that's not on the docks and the bigger of the two rental lots. ...i would love to be able to use that flooring for it to make similar in other locations

ddda7c57582718f6bc7abc7790990b92.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yep, I agree about wishing we could enter the church. I came up with a name for it in my game and I've said that it's an active convent that has been running continuously since the 16th C. The nuns inside don't want to be visited. Still, I agree that I'd have liked it to be a playable space.

As for the lots that they put in, as someone else said, they're trying to account for different play styles. I guess it serves as a base camp for a large group. I don't have anyone like that at this point but maybe sometime I will. I've said that Selvadorada is just starting to get tourism. I like the lots in the game but I'd have liked it if they added at least one blank lot like in Vampires. That was a much smaller world with less going on (no insult to the vampires themselves) than SV but I'd still have liked one blank space to add to as I go.

I know, I could tear down the museum or one of the home lots but I don't want to. Lol. I actually do want to have the dusty little museum like some that I have been in while traveling. I haven't actually looked at the base camp so maybe I'll want to change it, but I'd prefer having one more blank lot.

I do make some editing changes. I know I will probably add a hot tub on the roof top of the cantina if it fits up there, because I'd like to have some excuse for sims to go up there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    the thing about the base camp is it serves a very important use. it's a non-rentable lot on the side of the town that has jungle access. if it was rentable like the other two over there, only sims who rented one of those three locations will be able to access the jungle.

mind you, the base camp doesn't need to stay a national park...just needs to be some public lot of some sort, unless you always want sims renting one of those three lots to get into the jungle. if you do that, you can just turn the two rentable lots on the other side of the map into other public lots of different sorts. maybe a restaurant or spa

i wound up keeping the base camp as is, just adding a pair of tents on one side, a campfire near the middle, a 'hidden' outdoor shower on the opposite side from the tents (...before i noticed that you can shower in the outhouse nearby), the cheap handcarved bathtub (buydebug to make visible) for bathing dogs, a litter box hidden behind some of the plants, a few pet toys, and a pet food bowl. oh, and an ice chest for snagging snacks if don't feel like cooking while there
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    Some sims might bring their family or friends on holiday. There is also a house that is 1 bedroom.

This. I have several 8 member families & a number of young sims coming of age who might like to take a vacation with their friends.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the thing about the base camp is it serves a very important use. it's a non-rentable lot on the side of the town that has jungle access. if it was rentable like the other two over there, only sims who rented one of those three locations will be able to access the jungle.

mind you, the base camp doesn't need to stay a national park...just needs to be some public lot of some sort, unless you always want sims renting one of those three lots to get into the jungle. if you do that, you can just turn the two rentable lots on the other side of the map into other public lots of different sorts. maybe a restaurant or spa

i wound up keeping the base camp as is, just adding a pair of tents on one side, a campfire near the middle, a 'hidden' outdoor shower on the opposite side from the tents (...before i noticed that you can shower in the outhouse nearby), the cheap handcarved bathtub (buydebug to make visible) for bathing dogs, a litter box hidden behind some of the plants, a few pet toys, and a pet food bowl. oh, and an ice chest for snagging snacks if don't feel like cooking while there

I think when people say Base camp they are referring to the large 8 bed rentable lot
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I haven’t visited the museum or the bar yet. I completely forgot about them. I’ve just been sending my sim straight into the jungle, no time for play play lol
    The eight bedroom lot is the Field Station.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I send my families, including my very large ones, on holiday too from time to time so I'm super happy about the 8 bed home.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I haven’t visited the museum or the bar yet. I completely forgot about them. I’ve just been sending my sim straight into the jungle, no time for play play lol

Are you still playing? I thought you'd done it all. :p
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Now that I've spent some time to make it more to my liking and what I like to see and how I like it to feel, I sent a sim out to test the lots so far.....

MY Hillview Hideaway:

qpQgsE8.png

CHj6aHS.png

xV8mBqY.png

And MY Museum turned pool/bar

2iyewEU.png

goR7bcD.png

LzJ4NJa.png

The pool/bar is still a WIP because it's such a big lot, but there's enough there to make it worth visiting right now for sims who just want to have fun in the jungle without exploring.

I just like to make the game MINE in any way I can and making the lots how I would like them to be is part of it.

I just never like what the game delivers. Ever. I never play premades and I never play premade lots. That's me and how I play.