Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share challenge announcement: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!!!! In honor of the WA release :)

Comments

• SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited November 2009
    For BnS Week #25 - A Beautiful Park in Asia / "Garden of Reflective Wisdom"

Official Entry

Name: Simsply Ruth

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1614897

Additional link to pictures: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1125/34284.page#1624752

Experience level: Int/Adv

Assignment Lot: Beautiful Park in Asia

Lot Name: Garden of Reflective Wisdom

Lot address, size and final cost: China (forgot to get), 30x40,n/a

Details and Rational: After several disappointments which denied my Sim a vacation she finally was able to travel to China, & told to visit a newly created Garden Park; Garden of Reflective Wisdom is a beautiful sightseeing location for all sims. On her first visit there were already many locals who were relaxing by the pool, meditating amidst the beautiful flowers and trees, fishing and admiring the many statuary items; the 'C-a-S' possible items, plus the walls of the restroom building, the flooring in restroom and used around the pool were all recolored using patterns I created. The park has a very uneven terrain, flattening out on many layers, all accessible by sims. 2 Fountains, 3 ponds, other statuary placed in niches/spots; trees/shrubs/flowers in masses; a pagoda style double restroom; and a swimming pool for the lighthearted.

Optional Challenges entered?:N/A

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): N/A

This was a fun way to do the challenge!

Now - off to France for my sim..
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited November 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    I was debating running a new challenge, but with all the "thanks" and comments of struggles, I think I'll stick with the plan of the extra week.

Which brings me to the question:
    Should we move to a 2-week format on a regular basis? We talked about doing this at least for the holiday season, but maybe it's best overall? Feel free to chime in here. I may eventually create a poll on Yahoo! or Builders' about this, too, but let's get the pulse here first. :-)

I love the extensions on holidays, but I really look forward to the weekly challenge all the other times. One thing I like about it is this... if I can't participate one week, I know I'll have another chance next week. If I had to wait two weeks, that would bum me out. Like others have said, the weekly challenge keeps me motivated.

I've finished my entry. I just need to get the story up with the pictures, since I am using WA. I am pretty excited about it. :)
  • addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Wonderful to see more entries coming in. Glad the extension and the holiday helped!

Freynas, can't thank you enough for the list!
    And Tamlyn, thank you so much for giving our talented builders feedback along the way. 8)
  • poulpophonepoulpophone Posts: 118 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi

As the deadline has been extended. I decided to modify just a little bit my lot. I add a Tomb and a little adventure I hope you'll enjoy it.
    I would like to know if Freynas could change it in the list.
    Here is the new link : http://fr.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1603050
    I have changed it my original official entry post.
    Thank you

Bye
  • PurpleAmharicBunaPurpleAmharicBuna Posts: 624 New Member
    edited November 2009
    The link to my picture slideshow has not been added to the entry.
    Link again just in case you missed it: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=131869
  • lkadaslkadas Posts: 453 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Official Entry

Name: LKadas

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1620600

Additional link to pictures: hopefully, I'll have time to put some up soon :)

Experience level: Intermediate-Advanced

Assignment Lot: French Countryside Retreat

Lot Name: French Nectary Home

Lot address, size and final cost: eeeeep. I'll update this too :)

Details and Rational: This house was specifically built for my lovely sim, and of course, for myself! I wanted a very nice vacation home for my sim, where I could have plenty of space for a large garden, and also a homey-feeling house for my sim to stay at. I wanted space to entertain other sims outside, but I wanted a relatively small house. I went to work on this house with all of this in mind, and came up with what I think was the perfect solution to all of this. I had a blast play-testing this house :D It gave me time to fix minor details, decorate the entire house with my sim's custom black and white photographs of france that I took, and even update the sprinklers to auto-water!! I hope you all enjoy playing your sims in it as much as I did!

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: None, that I know of

Optional Challenges entered?: nope

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): nope
  • Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Official Entry

Name: Kitkat7145

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1620774
    Additional link to pictures: hopefully coming soon

Experience level: Advanced

Assignment Lot: Zen Retreat

Lot Name: Modern Zen Retreat by Kitkat

Lot address, size and final cost: 500 Sunnyside Blvd, 40 x 40, 97,900

Details and Rational: When I researched Zen design style, the things that stood out to me were minimal patterns, clean lines, no clutter, and natural color palette. I tried to follow that as much as possible on the interior. All of this also said "modern" to me, so I went with a modern feel coupled with a few traditional accents. I was happy to get the extension so that I could put it on a larger lot and do some more landscaping - been dying to use those new WA build features like fish and bug spawners and the new trees! Since it is such a small house on the inside, I came up with several outdoor living spaces. Hope you enjoy!

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: I used a custom pattern that I don't know the origin of. I also made custom foosball table without the donkey on it. It didn't delete when I removed all my CC ( :cry: ), so maybe it will transfer with the lot :thumbup: Thanks also to Lightside for his curved bridge tutorial.

Optional Challenges entered?: nope

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): coming soon
  • FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Poulpophone, PurpleAmharicBuna and Lego; got it! Thank you!
    Addict I am glad to see you here. I hope you are feeling better.
    edited December 2009
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited December 2009
    Glad to finally have something submitted!

Official Entry

Name: BlueZim

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1624456

Additional link to pictures: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1140/34284.page#1632600

Experience level: Beg/Int

Assignment Lot: Asian Park

Lot Name: High Sun Park

Lot address, size: 210 Main Street, 64x64. (replaces the big park in center of Sunset Valley)
    Final Cost:
    Unfurnished -- 47,946
    Furnished -- 57,756

Details and Rational: This is a giant park meant to bring the zen feeling to anyone who steps on the grounds. Made sure to include plenty of fancy bridge-works and waters, places to sit and many fish to catch.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: Nope! :] Some WA items and roofing used, though.

Optional Challenges entered?: I have tried to re-create and re-publish my movie 5 or 6 times, I will update this if I get this fixed.
  • PurpleAmharicBunaPurpleAmharicBuna Posts: 624 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for adding the picture link!
    Good luck to all :)
  • MamaPaulo0f5MamaPaulo0f5 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Official Entry

Name: MamaPaul

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1625210

Additional link to pictures: I will try to get them done before the deadline on Wednesday...

Experience level: beginner mid level

Assignment Lot: Egyptian Inn

Lot Name: Egyptian Inn

Lot address, size and final cost: Built in Sunset Valley for portability on a 30x40 lot. $155k

Details and Rational: All the Egyptian architecture images I found had white white white exteriors and very luxurious interiors. So that's what I built. The landscaping that I found doing my research was mostly in pots. I didn't find any Egyptian swimming pools, but my simmies all love to swim so I added a pool to my lot.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: all base game, WA, or EA Store

Optional Challenges entered?: None.

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): nope, barely had time for this much. Busy week with the holiday and all :)
  • AlexKnrAlexKnr Posts: 315
    edited December 2009
    Thanks Tamlyn
    I hoped to do that haha.

aaand congratulations to... Ikadas. Couldn't help but notice two of your houses featured on my game launcher including the one you posted before :)
    edited December 2009
  • Aragona09Aragona09 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi friends :)

My french café with bed and breakfust is far from redy :(, so I have to jump this challenge. I will try to make it ready anyway and make a link to it. The outside is redy but the inside is far away from that. I show you a picture on how it looks now outside.

Good luck to you all :D

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=450"
    I placed it in Riwerveiw because it look little more close to Paris.

Aragona
  • MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Official Entry

Name: Mmmyoko

Link to the posted asset: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d0ghnn2zmyz/Al Simhara Budget Inn.Sims3Pack
    (sorry about that, launcher messing up)

Additional link to pictures: None atm.

Experience level: Intermdiate

Lot Name: Al Simhara Budget Inn

Lot address, size and final cost: Built on a 30x20, and can be used in Egypt as a abase camp. Always forget the cost.

Details and Rational: Anyway, haven't taken any photos yet because my game crashed in the middle of play testing, I'm a little nervous to go back in, but luckily I'd already exported it. Contains a whole bunch of stuff from WA, and I didn't really customize much of the Egyptian stuff because it already looked Egyptian - what else could I do? Ha. So enjoy, it's kind of a rushed job but atleast it looks like an inn. :lol: There should be enough room for you and several other sims. Something like five private rooms, two of them with double beds. One 'backpacker's combined sleeping for over night travelers, a shared kitchen, three bathrooms. Tents. Pool... think that's about it.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: All base game or WA, except for a few random patterns...

Optional Challenges entered?: None.

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): Nope.

Let me know what you think if you download!
  • lkadaslkadas Posts: 453 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Intermediate results for week 23/24 are up!!
  • TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited December 2009
    Official Entry

Name: Tamlyn @ Something Awesome Inc.

Link to the posted asset: TutAnkhInn

Additional link to pictures: Walkthrough

Experience level: Beginner Intermediate

Lot Name: TutAnkhInn

Lot address, size and final cost: In Egypt :P I believe it was on the Fig Tree lot... Price? Uh, over 50k and under 200k.

Details and Rational: I wanted to use all the nice new stuff xD I tried to make it fit in with the surroundings, rather than making a luxury hotel like Egypt seems to have lots of (or so google informs me).

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: All base game, WA, or EA Store. In the past I've avoided using store items... but now that we're going to be getting people without expansions anyway, I'm happily including them.

Optional Challenges entered?: Nope

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): Still nope
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2009
    Official Entry

roof_up_large.jpg

Name:

amchristian

Link to the posted asset:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1630648

Additional link to pictures:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=135672

Experience level:

Intermediate ? (I forgot! lol)

Assignment Lot:

Egyptian Inn

Lot Name:

Pharoah's Rest

Lot address, size and final cost:

Fits any 30x20 lot size
    $155,508

Details and Rational:

I wanted to create a luxurious inn for those weary travelers tired of eating sand in their explorations and sleeping in it at the base camp. Per the Choose Your Own Adventure, I included a cozy breakfasting area on the ground floor. I used many of the new Egyptian items and patterns. The shape echoes that of the Pyramids, but without the capstones/pointed top.

In an effort to appeal to all kinds of travelers, I included single, simple suites... double suites and two large, luxurious suites/apartments. There are many cozy spots to read a book grabbed from one of the bookcases or to just sit and contemplate your surroundings. The rooftop fountain offers a place to take in the beauty of Egypt.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used:

Everything I used is from Sims 3 base game and Sims 3: World Adventures.

Optional Challenges entered?: No

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): No
  • Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Freynas - could you change the link to my lot? I found a playability issue with the old one and had to upload a fixed version - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1630659. Also have some pictures posted for Builder's lot of the month comp. - http://www.buildersboulevard.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=60869673 It's pictures 34-43.

Thanks! :)
    edited December 2009
  • cuddlesomeQteecuddlesomeQtee Posts: 112 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Good luck to all of you, all your creations look amaizing. I was really looking forward to entering but for some irritating reason I cannot upload anything, I've been trying since Monday. I'm not sure what the problem is but it seems to be since I loaded WA. Hopefully I can enter the next BnS.

Keep Siming
  • queeniehannahqueeniehannah Posts: 1,238 New Member
    edited December 2009
    grrr i wont have time to enter! hehe it ends in a couple hours! i just got my internet back up :) hehe. darn!
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited December 2009
    Official Entry

meloire.png

Name: Anjubee

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1633030

Additional link to pictures: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/136784.page

Experience level: Advanced

Assignment Lot: French Cafe

Lot Name: Meloire Cafe and Residence

Lot address, size and final cost: 30x20 and around 140k simoleans

Details and Rational: I thought I wouldn't be able to finish it in time due to an unexpected busy week last week, but I pushed through last night and got it finished. This lot would make a wonderful vacation home in France or it can easily be set up to be a community lot too.

I just realized seeing my upload that the grapes need immediate watering!

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: No CC at all. 1 store item that isn't free. The rest is free.

Optional Challenges entered?: No

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): No
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited December 2009
    Just a quick note that a new challenge will be posted an hour or 2 late! Look for Week #27 later along with a few announcements regarding some minor tweaks in judging.