Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

β™₯ Supernatural Island... β€‹πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ πŸ§šπŸ§ β€‹πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈβ€‹ πŸΊπŸ§›πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ=]

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Rflong7 Hello. :) I've been taking an extended break from Sims 4 and have been trying out various custom worlds for Sims 3 when I stumbled upon Supernatural Island on your blog. I thought I'd do a forum search since I know you are active here and found this thread. I am in awe of the screenshots I've seen so far. I know you don't feel that the world is completed as of yet (yes I've read the entire thread) and I was wondering if you'd be adverse to me sharing screenshots I'd taken if I played in Supernatural Island? I can't play without constantly screenshotting. :D Please let me know if you would rather not have them shared. They'd be on my blog and Twitter if it's okay.

@SPARKY1922 Thank you for all of the links you've posted for the many awesome lots you've found! :o You mention a mod you use for roadless travel... is this a nraas mod? I was also wondering if you have detailed somewhere that I can read your method of backing up your save files because it sounds like you have a good system set up for it. I'm in a bit of a learning curve here since I have played mostly Sims 4 or 2 in the recent years. I'm determined to get Sims 3 working for me because there is so much content that I've never explored!

@Hidehi I am very impressed with your builds that you have shown on this thread! I find that I have to be in a certain kind of mood to build myself and that doesn't happen very often so I appreciate simmers like you who put so much time into it. I look forward to checking out your other builds. Are they all on the exchange or do you have another place where you showcase them? :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2017
    @SPARKY1922
    Big hugs for you :HUGZ: I'm so glad @HideHi 's beautiful lots brightened your day. Your pictures Look so Lovely and Atmospheric. :mrgreen:

@Rainydayz179 Sure~ I'd love to see pictures. I encourage pictures because it shares ideas and inspires not only me but everyone. Please, Share all the pictures you want!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rainydayz179

You are welcome re the links to lots posted and I do feel with Rflong7's lots already placed in the world plus Hidehi's lots and some others I have found the world to me is completed enough now to start adding all those quirky Sims suited to all those separate/different areas.

I am not certain that there is a Nrass mod relating to road-less roads but there are other Nrass mods I have used on a constant basis in all my worlds including EA's own to get rid of too much traffic or stop lag due to Sims getting stuck somewhere. This is the first world I have played in where part of the map is road-less and to date after sending my Sims all over the map I have not encountered many problems with Sims getting stuck. It does take more time for them to travel but if I really want to be quick I just teleport my Sims as I have always done.

If you take a look on the following link you will be able to look at all the Nrass mods that are available. I use most of them so if you let me know what you are looking for I should be able to direct you to whichever mod helps.

If you want to start with the basic Nrass mods a lot of players start with

Overwatch
    Performs general tasks at 3AM to help speed up your game, like removing useless cars around town. Cleans up stuck Sim, turns off stereos/tvs.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch

When you first start using Nrass mods they can look a little overwhelming in the beginning so there is a great easy to read list of what Nrass mods do on the following link enabling you to pick and choose.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9198.0

I save everything from my 3 games from the whole folder periodically to saved games, cc, mods, store content etc

I have a clean save of a Sims 3 folder with all my store content downloaded so if I have to start over I do not have to re download the whole store content each time-)

I have a word document for every world with the sizes of lots in that world and the player made lots I usually use in that world. I also save/backup all the Simpaks/package file lots I use in each world so I can easily add them back to my game if I need to. This has taken me time to put together but now I know if something goes wrong it hardly takes me any time to replace the lots and get my world going again whichever one i want to play in.

I save all my mods in folders and add them back a little at a time so first would be Nrass mods, then other creator mods one at a time testing as I go then I do the same with CC and believe me I have a ton of mods and CC in my games so it can take me a while-)

As an initial player of 3 this was my first journey into Sims games so I play quite often however when Sims 2 became available I wanted to play and it nearly drove me insane as it seemed so different but the 2 players on these boards helped me a lot and now I love the 2 Sims series as well but I always go back to play 3 as well because of the open world and the scenery which is stunning.

I have not been around much of late but if you feel like I can help you in any way please do not hesitate to ask and I will respond as soon as I can :)

I hope you download this world and get as much pleasure from it as I do..

@Rflong7

Thanks but while my pics (and other player pics) show off your wonderful atmospheric world we have you to thank for making it that way :)

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2017

Hi @SPARKY1922 :) ,

I am very glad that you like the new lots too and it makes me very happy that you have added them to Rflong7's Supernatural Island ... as that's what they have been created for :)
    And THANK YOU so much for sharing all your lovely screenshots! <3 x

@Rainydayz179 ,

thank you for your interest and your lovely comment about my builds. You can find everything I have uploaded in My Studio.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited January 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: Β»
    So, I'm trying a few different ini files. Let me know if they are too weird.

Clear- Bridgeport
    Partly Cloudy- Bridgeport
    Overcast - Moonlight Falls
    Stormy -Midnight Hallows
    Custom- Aurora Skies
    Just to see how they work for light and darkness. Maybe something interesting will happen. XD

iFjMMjB.png
    Download

* It only has the Worlds install so far. No sets used yet. :)

Sims to Share
    .... I'm not going to update the first page yet. :)

*It's still mostly empty- only one dive lot and it's set at level 9. All feed back welcome... some will get better cookies than others though. ;):cookie:

Oh my gosh! I've been away for awhile, taking a break from the sims. I saw the first pictures of this world in another thread you had posted on and fell in love with it! Thank you, @Rflong7, for making it available, even though it's not yet finished. <3o:)

could not help snapping a pic of my new fairy house though :)

dfaz6ol.jpg

Aw. I'm so honored that you put the fairy house I created in the world. :blush:

I'm still working my way through reading this thread. I love your additions, @SPARKY1922.
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on

Hi @Rflong7 ,

'Erebus Sim Fest Park' is finally finished and available on the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9176882

I haven't had the chance to fully test the stage area as my magician gave a fab performance but nobody turned up to watch him :/ ... so if there are any problems please let me know.

Bird's-eye view
    JVT0ljv.jpg?1

Under the rainbow
    wvmgq5j.jpg?1

A cuppa in the park is a great pick-me-up for everyone at any time
    wQKZvQM.jpg?1

Winter sunrise on Supernatural Island
    XmOB9YZ.jpg?1

P.S.: the permanent tents used are by aynat134 :)
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I am excited for this world and I always love your worlds l
    Happy Simming!β™₯
    edited January 2018

Hello @Rflong7 :) ,

it's time to show you another finished project for Supernatural Island that I have uploaded to the exchange today.
    It's a gym called 'From Dusk Till Dawn' which has been built on the lot at 21 Dorset Street. I hope I've succeeded in designing it well enough to fit into the vamp area.

Link to lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9180981

Adt7o9r.jpg?1

hZapYIq.jpg?1

VWgpyah.jpg?1

T5LIGwL.jpg?1

Post edited by Hidehi on
    @Rflong7

Hugz at you I am kind of back she says tentatively and hoping it remains that way for a while at least. It is so great to come back to this thread and see more new things going on in this world. I am so grateful I found out today that romagi1 is going to be making my Vampire/elf/fairy style couple that will begin the legacy family in the vampire area of the world and I am itching to get started with that :)

@60smusicluvr

I adore your fairy house is a beautiful creative build and looks awesome in the fairy area of the world it shows off your creative talent very well :) Thanks for posting those sims links as well they will look great in this world, oh and just so you know I have also downloaded a lot more of your beautiful builds for my other worlds as well!

@Hidehi

your Erebus Sim Fest Park is stunning but you now have me fretting about what to do because I also love the pond park i found thinking that it would be great for the residents in that area to come and skate in the winter months (it has a christmas tree in the middle-) ... you have put me in a conundrum :) I love the way you have designed all the areas, the little tent area is lovely and great for festival style shows. The carousel area is gorgeous everything you have done is so well designed and fits in with that area totally. Looking at the pics again of this lovely park I notice it does have a water feature so I was wondering if it would be possible for my sims to be able to skate on that water when it freezes in winter? I only ask as I have no idea how to do it but if it is possible and you could explain I will have a go at it myself.

Your gym build looks fabulous in this area, I had used the one from Midnight Hollow world just to start with however that will be going today in favor of yours :) doesn't everything in that area look fabulous in the snow :)

Just checking because I have not been in game for ages and forget stuff we can place the tents in community area now already without requiring a mod can't we?

Also I did a search for permanent tents by aynat134 but could not find anything I think the page has moved if you would not mind giving me a definite link if you have one?

Well off to download eagerly :)
    edited February 2018
    Is this world finished or still in progress ? Either way, I will be playing it and have downloaded the one on the last page .

I'm building a city hall for the world xD first time ever. It's nothing special.I put it on 2 Buck's Row
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9hc1tk0k9c67ii0/City Hall.Sims3Pack
    Post edited by MemoriiValentine on
    Happy Simming!β™₯
    hi @MemoriiValentine

I am not sure what version of the world I have downloaded but I just continue to download builds and sims for the world and then play in between occasionally and everything is fine so far so I will be sticking with this world when I finish it barring any major problems ( I have not experienced any as yet)

Thanks so much for your City hall build I had to use rugs to ensure a the building I was using was in keeping with the world theme but would prefer not to use them so your build is a most welcome addition to the world :)
    edited February 2018
    hi @MemoriiValentine

I am not sure what version of the world I have downloaded but I just continue to download builds and sims for the world and then play in between occasionally and everything is fine so far so I will be sticking with this world when I finish it barring any major problems ( I have not experienced any as yet)

Thanks so much for your City hall build I had to use rugs to ensure a the building I was using was in keeping with the world theme but would prefer not to use them so your build is a most welcome addition to the world :)

I had to use them too XD I built it just so I had one in world . But I'm gonna look for a way around that soon. I forgot to mention the inside is empty but I think I may make a library inside or something . My city hall isn't really good
    Post edited by MemoriiValentine on
    Happy Simming!β™₯

Hi @SPARKY1922 ,

how lovely to read that you are feeling better and having fun simming again. :)

Thank you for your kind comments about Erebus Sim Fest Park and the gym! <3
    I'm having such a great time building for Rflong7's awesome world ... my next project the Sleepy Hollow Nectary at The Orchard is nearly completed.
    Here is a quick sneak peek:
    HMtoM76.jpg?1

I think the pond you've chosen for the middle of the vampire area looks great already!
    Ice skating in Erebus park is possible ... the pond is just about big enough ... and Aynat134's tents should stay erected the way they are without a mod.
    Here is the link to download the permanent tents anyway: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bznlkspkzf2162c/Permanent Tents Lot 20x20.Sims3Pack ... but you have to place the tents on an empty lot first and then build around them.

Enjoy starting your Legacy on Supernatural Island! :D x
    Hi @Hidehi

Sleepy Hollow Nectary is yet another stunning build I absolutely love it and really looking forward to adding it into the world. I love that you have also added the tractor feature as well as that's something I always use a lot too as I like to be able to send my sims out of the house to lots like this.

I know the pond/park looks lovely as well but your park has other lovely things going on as well so I have decided to use them both and alternate them :)

Thanks for the link to the permanent tents but when you say place them first then build around them do you mean they don't come with your lots so that area is empty and we have to place them down ourselves?

Thank you for continuing to make such awesome lots for this world is is much appreciated by someone like me who is so awful at it and can only marvel at other players creative skills from afar :)

Hi @SPARKY1922 ,

no worries aynat134's permanent tents come with Erebus Park ... just thought I'd mention how to use them in case you've had some other plans for them.

Happy Simming! <3 x
    @Hidehi

Thank you for clarifying re the tents no i won't want to use them elsewhere so I am pleased they come with the download :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    OMGoodness! Thanks so much for building more @Hidehi I love the new park and Orchard. :hugz!:

Your Fairy house is just adorable and fits so well in this world @60smusicluvr :heartbreak:

The world is kinda finished/in progress. I've lost all my ideas for this world and can't seem to get back to building for it. :( Luckily there are more talented builders out there still building for it and others with lots that will it in it- I hope. :mrgreen:@MemoriiValentine I like your City Hall- Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. It's always wonderful to see what others do/create. =D

Hi, @SPARKY1922 Hope you're doing well and having fun. :cookie:

Hi @Rflong7

I came back with gusto however I have added so much new CC to play your world my game finally gave up the ghost last week so I have just about gone through my CC folders to choose what to keep and I already have most of the lots and sims for the world stored away so it won't be long before I can play fully in a style I really want to use in the world :)

Hi @Rflong7 and @SPARKY1922 :) ... and anyone else interested

Sleepy Hollow Nectary is finally ready and has been uploaded to the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9195984

odYdTMn.jpg?1

cySbR0P.jpg?1

z6XwhNM.jpg?1

bsw9hef.jpg?1

Best placed at The Orchard
    5ZdS4FY.jpg?1

I'm so sorry to read that you've lost your mojo for building for your wonderful world at the moment Rflong7 ... especially as your creations are always absolutely fabulous ... I very much hope that your builder's block will not last much longer ... but I'm quite happy to continue with filling some empty lots on Supernatural Island in the meantime .... here's a sneak peek of 'Twin Peaks' my WIP for King's Gardens:

1kkHJ60.jpg?1

Hi @Hidehi

Your Nectery/Nursery/Garden centre is awesome and I love the area you have fitted it into because it is quite difficult finding something for those sized lots and looks perfect there. As a I love playing gardening types in my world it is such a welcome addition.. also thank you for adding the tractor on the same lot as I like to use those a lot as well..could I ask to the left of your pic where that house if from (I am presuming it is a house-) wondering if its a dragon valley lot or if you found something else?

Twin peaks is gorgeous I love the way you have used the MH decor and again fits in perfectly with the surroundings, wondering where you have placed it? If that is a horse stables to the left using MH roof style I really like that idea as it suits the rest of the build so well..

Once again thank you for your continuing creativity for this world I am sure it helps players who are wanting to jump in and play but cannot build like me :)

Hello @SPARKY1922 ,

thank you for your lovely comment :) !

The house to the left of Sleepy Hollow Nectary is one that I built for flstrider's world 'Stormwind and Elwynn Forest' that they were not able to finish unfortunately ... but with a few alterations it fit into the 'Corner Place' on Supernatural Island. When I have completed it I can upload this lot too if you are interested.
    KG7BPiE.jpg?2

Twin Peaks is situated at 'King's Gardens' on the right side of the nectary ... and yes it includes a one box stable in the same style as the main house :). I will try and get it finished soon.
    Happy Simming <3

PS.: I need to thank @LuvtehGeeks for the idea to use the tractor ride! :)
    Hi @Hidehi

The house that you built for flstrider's world is yet another beautiful creative achievement but honestly as I could only see part of it in your last pic I thought it could have been from Dragon valley but now I see it up close it really is awesome the way you have designed it however I feel so terribly guilty for noticing things that then turn into you offering to do yet more work so I can become the delighted owner and grateful recipient of your wonderful works.. I honestly do not do this on purpose and truly wish I could give you something back in return as I am so grateful for everything you have already done and continue to do... however I simply cannot refuse an offer from you to own yet another one of your beautiful builds so whenever you are ready I will gratefully accept as always-) I promise to try and not be so eagle eyed next time you post pics lol :)

It has taken me days to sort out all my CC out and I have scoured it until my eyes have nearly crossed trying to be selective and figure out what to keep but now I have finished that tedious process I can start to test in a new folder for a while before moving back into this world.

I look forward to downloading your Twin Peaks next <3

Hi @SPARKY1922 ,

honestly I'm having a blast building for this awesome world!! ... It's rewarding enough to see your enthusiasm and appreciation for Rflong7's Supernatural Island and also my creations <3 x

I'm glad you have managed to sort out your CC and I hope that your game will run smoothly from now on :)
    @Hidehi

Thank you for saying that you are very kind :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello. I have only just begun to explore your work @Hidehi, but so far I am very impressed. And @SPARKY1922, you can feel that you've paid her back a little by bringing her work to my attention and thus finding her a new fan. As a designer, I know how much that alone can mean. I look forward to exploring more of the work here in the next few days, but right now I really need to get some play time with some lots that were designed for me by participants over at the GIFT OF CREATION GAME *REBOOT* thread. It's a small but fun group where we build for each other's requests/needs. I really do look forward to diving more deeply into your work.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top