Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skull dust??

Does anyone know where to get this? My sim got poisoned in the jungle and it looks like he has 3 days till he dies. I talked to locals and they all keep asking for skull dust. Any idea where this is?

Comments

• TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get this? My sim got poisoned in the jungle and it looks like he has 3 days till he dies. I talked to locals and they all keep asking for skull dust. Any idea where this is?

I think you get the skull dust from failing a trap, sometimes found in chests, and not sure about other ways yet. You can place a computer in one of the rooms or the museum or wherever and order the antidote online for your Sim. You can also ask locals about the antidote, but I'm not sure if they just explain about it to you, or maybe if your charisma is high enough or friendship is high enough they may be able to help you get the antidote or the dust. If anyone else finds out any information about the dust, please post here so we will know.
  • Angel98366Angel98366 Posts: 57 Member
    go the museum there is a computer there and you can order an antidote.. i had the same thing happen
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the first time a sim 'fails' a trap in the temple, they'll be given some bone dust. they can also find it in chests sometimes (as stated above) and also from excavation sites, though none are frequent. if they max out the selvadoradan culture skill, they can also buy some from the merchants selling jungle gear by clicking on the merchant and asking to see their secret inventory (this also allows for unlimited machetes and a few other things)

also, randomly tested, and antidotes can be cloned with a cloning machine. so that's nice
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    My sim found quite a bit of skull dust while excavating different areas, but it sounds like you don't have that kind of time.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait you can order it off the computer? I thought I had to give the bone dust to someone native from Selvadorada.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    Wait you can order it off the computer? I thought I had to give the bone dust to someone native from Selvadorada.

You can order the antidote already made on the computer.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    How does one get poisoned? I made it to and thru the temple and all that happened was two bee attacks and one spider. My sim did get scorched twice by giving the wrong offerings but he didn't seem to mind. I just clicked extinguish self.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    How does one get poisoned? I made it to and thru the temple and all that happened was two bee attacks and one spider. My sim did get scorched twice by giving the wrong offerings but he didn't seem to mind. I just clicked extinguish self.

If you pick the wrong trap trigger, it could result in a dart to the neck.
    the one sim i had that got poisoned had to pull the same trap lever 5 times before he got the dart in the neck. he had 0 handiness to start, dodging the first dart gave him the handiness skill. and by the time the fifth dart finally hit him, he was halfway towards level 2...
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Thanks for the help everyone! I’ll probably just go to the museum and order the antidote this time since he doesn’t have much time. Good to know for the future though!
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    You can also get the dust at the table vendors choose buy adventure equip. it's in the list under all
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    You can also get the dust at the table vendors choose buy adventure equip. it's in the list under all

I think it's only available if you have maxed your culture skill. It's only 5 levels so keep chatting to the local and get some food from the food stand when you get hungry and by the end of the evening your skill will high enough to get it from the vendor. That saves you from a) having to trek through the jungle hoping to find it at a dig site or b) buying the antidote from the vendor at 1000 simoleons.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Also, on my first trip through the temple, I found piles of bones that I could place in my inventory, but did not register as anything, not even for bone dust. Does it have any practical use or is it really useless?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    How do you order the antidote on the computer I don't see an option for that? Does the skull dust work for curing curses your sims get from opening treasure my sim needs a Remedy Of The Ancients and I have no clue what that is.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • mshadaimshadai Posts: 75 Member

my sim got the sneezing issue (cant remember the name) n it spread to the others I'm looking for remedy of ancients .. re ur dust it is in the temples in the tomb thingys dang my brain LOL sorry I know where to find it hard to explain I will come back n re-write this properly but my sims just found 4 of the dust on their last expedition and the first one they got 1 of them ..

Anyone know how to get remedy of ancients for sneezing .. and no u cant order it from computer at the museum I tried .. :(
    "One Day At A Time" - If that seems too long, lets try a hour, minute or second. and remember to Breathe, Pray, Love :D Marg
    Also, on my first trip through the temple, I found piles of bones that I could place in my inventory, but did not register as anything, not even for bone dust. Does it have any practical use or is it really useless?

I think we need the bones dust to make a cure for things u cant order a remedy on the computer at museum for .. but danged if I know what other ingredients we need ..hoping someone can advise I have googled it n looked on a couple of Sim help sites its so new that no one hasn't posted yet tho I'm still looking
    "One Day At A Time" - If that seems too long, lets try a hour, minute or second. and remember to Breathe, Pray, Love :D Marg
    Thanks for the help everyone! I’ll probably just go to the museum and order the antidote this time since he doesn’t have much time. Good to know for the future though!

not all antidotes are on the computer at museum see my posts above what I have discovered so far :) please ( saves me repeating haha
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    sheesh I have been selling this dust. I had no clue I needed it LOL
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    This link lists ways of being cured if poisoned
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-jungle-adventure-guide/#Poison
    CURE: Sims who are Marked for Death by Poison should quickly find Bone Dust and exchange it for an an antidote from Marketplace Vendors, donate to Madre Cosecha to Dispel the Curse (§250), activate the “Blessing of the Bones” Blessing from a relic, or purchase the antidote from the computer (§1,000).
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    mshadai wrote: »

my sim got the sneezing issue (cant remember the name) n it spread to the others I'm looking for remedy of ancients .. re ur dust it is in the temples in the tomb thingys dang my brain LOL sorry I know where to find it hard to explain I will come back n re-write this properly but my sims just found 4 of the dust on their last expedition and the first one they got 1 of them ..

Anyone know how to get remedy of ancients for sneezing .. and no u cant order it from computer at the museum I tried .. :(

I don't know if this would be the same for you (maybe try save as just in case it doesn't) but my Sim had the sneezing too and it simply went away while I was looking for a cure. I was busy trying traps in the temple hoping to get bone dust, and I realized the moodlet was gone. I don't know if it was just luck or what?
    @paradiseplanet that's not actually bone dust that you're finding. you can place it as decor (environment 1) in lots. and in build mode, you get to see the name (which, of course, i forget, because go me...) but the description says it's one of the caretakers that finally gave out

i'm actually happy with this, 'cause i can use a few of them in several crypts i've got built in different places
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited March 2018

Hello @mshadai
    If you donate money to the statue in the marketplace, it will remove the sneezing and other types of curses.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @mshadai
    If you donate money to the statue in the marketplace, it will remove the sneezing and other types of curses.

Thank you @rosemow I just got my Salvadorian culture to level 3 and was going to view that statue to get it up a further level ( I was working hard to increase it) and yes found that u can do that lol
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    I used the computer at the museum in Salvadorado to order the cure.. it cost §1,000
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @paradiseplanet that's not actually bone dust that you're finding. you can place it as decor (environment 1) in lots. and in build mode, you get to see the name (which, of course, i forget, because go me...) but the description says it's one of the caretakers that finally gave out

i'm actually happy with this, 'cause i can use a few of them in several crypts i've got built in different places

So...it's useless for the antidote? Wish we could like, grind their bones into dust lol. Guess I'll trash it since I have no need for random piles of bones.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png