Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

Comments

• lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    The game works perfectly for me on Windows 10, even with a bunch of CC and mods installed. I didn't that that I would have it but I checked on my old Origin account and it was sitting there waiting for me..
  • wolfeyedreiwolfeyedrei Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a bit of a lag issue when it comes to the game loading thumbnails in build/buy mode (it has to reload them EVERY time) and lagging when just switching between sims. I thought it was because I was using windows 10, but it seems like others don't have that issue? o-o
  • AgusAgus Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone knows how can i play the sims 2 on Windows 10 on full screen? i mean, without black bars in both sides of the screen. I can't change the screen resolution, only 800x600.
  • PieMasterFlexPieMasterFlex Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the sims 2 work for me for several months on windows 10 now it doesn't start up anymore. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Good thing it works because there are some programs out there that work on Windows 8 but not Windows 10. I don't know why they all can't be compatible.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    There is a fix for the shadow issue. You can find it on the original fix page on Facebook for the "Sims 2 with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10" where I posted all the links to the various fixes for glitches that pop up with the old fixes and The Ultimate Collection. (You still have to manually install Body Shop.) It has definitely made things a lot easier and is a big time-saver over the two-week installation process with the discs and patches, although ModtheSims said TS2 wouldn't even work with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 originally. :wink:
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Wow, you got the better end of the stick. I just upgraded my computer to Windows 8, and ever since then, the graphics are messed up. :/
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Wow, you got the better end of the stick. I just upgraded my computer to Windows 8, and ever since then, the graphics are messed up. :/

You can download the graphics rules maker. That should help.

http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

There is a mod at MTS to get rid of the black boxes under sims (easier then doing it manually)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585

• Eileen0001Eileen0001 Posts: 67 Member
    I use the Graphics Rule Maker for my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection game. Who ever created it is a genius!
    Check out my stories: Cederville Heights (TS2) and The Delios Legacy (TS4)
  • EmilytheSimmer18EmilytheSimmer18 Posts: 8 New Member
    I have a problem with TS2:UC, when I went on CAS, then it causes a jump bug and a game crash, I have CC, so help me!!!!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have a problem with TS2:UC, when I went on CAS, then it causes a jump bug and a game crash, I have CC, so help me!!!!

It is probably a piece of CC you have causing it. Remove half of your CC (leave defaults in) best to be in a test neighborhood, and see if it still happens. If it still happens remove that half and put in the second half to test. You will have to add things in slowly testing until you find out what the bad piece is.
    Well I'll ask EA to fix my game.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited February 2018
    Well I'll ask EA to fix my game.

If your problem come from bad cc, EA will say the exact same things that @JULES1111 said.
    Well thanks, I asked them.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Hey all...I've been having crashing since the release of an update, either the TS2 update or the Windows GPU one. I finally seem to have gotten it under control. It looks like my issue was a memory leak.

Here is what I did:

Hit Win Key + R
    Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
    Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
    Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1 (right click and then click modify)
    Restart the computer

I also downloaded Razer Cortex and used Game Booster to optimize settings. However, what I found really stopped the crashing was using the Game Desktop that comes with this program to run the game. It shuts down everything else so all the processing power goes to the game. To do this:

Go to Game Booster
    Boost
    Configure
    Click the "Others" tab
    Select Launch game on Game Desktop

I have been playing for more hours than I care to admit. Zero crashes. Woo-hoo! (no...not that kind!) :D
  • octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > Hey all...I've been having crashing since the release of an update, either the TS2 update or the Windows GPU one. I finally seem to have gotten it under control. It looks like my issue was a memory leak.
    >
    > Here is what I did:
    >
    > Hit Win Key + R
    > Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
    > Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
    > Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1 (right click and then click modify)
    > Restart the computer
    >
    > I also downloaded Razer Cortex and used Game Booster to optimize settings. However, what I found really stopped the crashing was using the Game Desktop that comes with this program to run the game. It shuts down everything else so all the processing power goes to the game. To do this:
    >
    > Go to Game Booster
    > Boost
    > Configure
    > Click the "Others" tab
    > Select Launch game on Game Desktop
    >
    > I have been playing for more hours than I care to admit. Zero crashes. Woo-hoo! (no...not that kind!) :D

I hope this works! If it does, you're an angel... EVERYONE Has been having this problem... I'll have to share it with the other forums if it does.
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > Hey all...I've been having crashing since the release of an update, either the TS2 update or the Windows GPU one. I finally seem to have gotten it under control. It looks like my issue was a memory leak.
    >
    > Here is what I did:
    >
    > Hit Win Key + R
    > Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
    > Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
    > Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1 (right click and then click modify)
    > Restart the computer
    >
    > I also downloaded Razer Cortex and used Game Booster to optimize settings. However, what I found really stopped the crashing was using the Game Desktop that comes with this program to run the game. It shuts down everything else so all the processing power goes to the game. To do this:
    >
    > Go to Game Booster
    > Boost
    > Configure
    > Click the "Others" tab
    > Select Launch game on Game Desktop
    >
    > I have been playing for more hours than I care to admit. Zero crashes. Woo-hoo! (no...not that kind!) :D

I tragically still had the same problem, just prolonged.

For some time now some of us have been having a light blue screen show up after or during gameplay. Its a loading screen. Sometimes it loads back to the gameplay but other times it either crashes or the screen remains but things continue on behind it (you can hear the sims, music, etc.)

The game booster definitely made my game faster tho... and sometimes when the blue screen showed up, it would actually load thru which didn't really happen before. Eventually tho it just crashed unfortunately. Any suggestions?
    Are you playing on the game desktop? I tried without doing it that way and it kept crashing. My log file was blank except an audio exception...constant audio exceptions. So I checked the memory and saw it spike right before a crash, even with the game booster running in the background. When I loaded the game through the game desktop the memory didn't spike so it never crashed.

It's probably a combination of the registry edit and the game desktop...I can't be sure because I did them both at the same time. But before I was not able to play for more than a few minutes and yesterday it went for hours without crashing.
    [quote="Mstybl95;c-16351472"]Are you playing on the game desktop? I tried without doing it that way and it kept crashing. My log file was blank except an audio exception...constant audio exceptions. So I checked the memory and saw it spike right before a crash, even with the game booster running in the background. When I loaded the game through the game desktop the memory didn't spike so it never crashed.

It's probably a combination of the registry edit and the game desktop...I can't be sure because I did them both at the same time. But before I was not able to play for more than a few minutes and yesterday it went for hours without crashing. [/quote]

Hmmm. Okay, I’ll do them both. I might’ve missed a step before but I played about thirty minutes ago and the game was very quick. Took about ten minutes to load up fully (very quick for Sims 2, especially with thousands of downloads lol.)

Even during gameplay was really smooth and clear. I’m starting the game up again to see what happens. I made sure I have the booster on in the background. I’m not sure if I did so before.

Question tho: how do you check the memory spikes? Also, is there anything else you did to adjust your game?

Thanks so much for your help.
    Ahhhhhh it crashed again. :( im crying lol
    Ok...I am still crashing, too, but it's been isolated to loading specific lots. I tested with lots that are currently unoccupied. I was just entering them to edit. The game crashed each time I entered two specific lots in my neighborhood so I deleted them. It isn't crashing while playing though. And I think it has something to do with the audio just because that is the only crash log with anything written in it. Ahhh...this is driving me mad!

I'm wondering if this is a CC issue at this point. Everything was working fine, it seemed, but something about specific lots loading is crashing. This is what is in my log (which points to needing a reinstall, but I already did that):

ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Samples\Karaoke\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
    .\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(944)
    ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Tracks\Karaoke\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
    ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Samples\DJBooth\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
    ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Tracks\DJBooth\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (Buy) listed twice in category property set.
    .\source\TSAudioMusicManager.cpp(1667)
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (Build) listed twice in category property set.
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (CAS) listed twice in category property set.
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (NHood) listed twice in category property set.
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (CAS) listed twice in category property set.
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (Buy) listed twice in category property set.
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (Build) listed twice in category property set.
    ERROR TSAudioMusic : Music category (NHood) listed twice in category property set.
    ERROR TSAudio: Failed to cache resource. 0b9eb87e:0da1f2ca:ff99e0de
    .\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1220)
    ERROR TSAudio: Failed to cache resource. 0b9eb87e:eb8ab356:ff8bceb2
    .\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1220)

{1,19:06:27:841,00:00:07:812,764,ERROR,TSAudio,Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Samples\Karaoke\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles },
    {2,19:06:27:842,00:00:07:812,764,ERROR,TSAudio,Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Tracks\Karaoke\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles },
    {3,19:06:27:842,00:00:07:812,764,ERROR,TSAudio,Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Samples\DJBooth\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles },
    {4,19:06:27:842,00:00:07:812,764,ERROR,TSAudio,Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Tracks\DJBooth\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles },
    {17,19:07:26:289,00:00:14:818,1395,ERROR,TSAudio,Failed to cache resource. 0b9eb87e:0da1f2ca:ff99e0de },
    {18,19:07:26:599,00:00:14:863,1415,ERROR,TSAudio,Failed to cache resource. 0b9eb87e:eb8ab356:ff8bceb2 },

Exception time: 02/28/2018, at 19:24:19.
    Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
    Current thread ID: 10072 (0x00002758).
    Version information:
    Application/module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe
    Application/module version name: The Sims 2 EP9
    Application/module version: 1.17.0.66
    System version: Windows NT 6.2
    System memory: 2048 Megabytes total, 2048 Megabytes free.
    Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

@octobersimmer - can you post your crash logs? I have a bunch of them, but there are only 3 that have anything written in them.
    I removed my downloads folder and played in a never played before Pleasantview. I also turned off audio. It didn't crash. I suspect it is a rogue CC item. Even though none of the conflict detectors are picking up anything, I think the problem is with some piece(s) of CC.

@octobersimmer - would you be willing to remove your downloads and try playing a new neighborhood without it? Would you turn off Music in your options menu under Sound?
    @Mstybl95 Sounds like a good idea. I noticed the same thing to be honest so let me see what's up. Where is the crash log?
    @octobersimmer - they are in Documents/ea games/the Sims 2 ultimate collection/logs folder.

Just look for the most recent ones.

I'm going to put the downloads back in tonight, but leave the music off and see if it still crashes. If it does, then the problem is definitely CC. Then maybe we can go through and see what we both have and whittle it down from there.
    The logs folder for me is empty. But yesterday it did say the audio and sound errors over and over.

I played without sound with CC first. It crashed.

Then I played without sound and without CC. air qorked perfectly fine and loaded effortlessly: no CC + Game Boster = heaven.

So yeah, it’s skmething to do with the custom content.... which is daunting. I have a lot haha. It stinks because when my game doesn’t crash it’s smooth sailing and visually pleasing. But alas haha. We shall figure this out! I have Delphy’s Download Organizer and it makes organizing downloads super easy. I guess I’ll take it piece by piece after correctly splitting my files up into correct folders in the application and feeding the folders into my downloads folder piece by piece.

Kinda sifting through it. I’m so curious as to what this file is haha. But at least we know it’s CC.

I can say that this nearly convinced me to go ahead and become a Sims 4 player.