Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do the tents from that wilderness pack work with jungle adventure?

I know they made bushes for your sims to sleep in while adventuring but I was wondering if the tents were usable too (from the earlier vacation pack where you went to the forest)? I'm not sure if there is enough flat terrain for them to be usable or not and if you send your sims back to their rental lot does the journey reset so you come back the next day and it is an all new situation? Just wondering. Or are the things you've uncovered still there and discovered?

Comments

• Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Yes. They do. You can buy them from the market near the cantina by asking the seller to buy supplies (I think thats what it says) or buy it from the catalogue and take it with you in your inventory. I was able to use it in the temple and along any of the paths with no problems.
  • Options
    stehlampestehlampe Posts: 20 Member
    Dpi Van also bring the portable shower and the coolbox from outdoor retreat. Enjoy your adventure. :)
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    you can also take a fire pit with you also so you can cook i found in my game the food almost never spawned at the vendor so i had to make my own as i didnt want to eat the plants i had found. i would suggest only taking the smaller tent as the bigger one might not have enough space and it might take some time to get the placement right as my sim kept walking forward and droping it were she couldnt get to the door
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yes you can and also the cooler. My sim has very little money, struggling university student trying to get archeology experience before joining up with a major expedition. So he stayed at the cheapest cabin, in his tent because it has a big zipper, lol. (I about wet my pants when I saw the spider drop down on the sim's shoulder in the video!) He cooked outside on the barrel bbq because the house was horrendous, lol. He loved it and wants to go back. So do I!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AnitaOxbumaAnitaOxbuma Posts: 44 Member
    Yes they do and it looks fabulous xD

02_27_18_9_10_33pm_by_nagima-dc4jnfk.png
    02_27_18_7_29_27pm_by_nagima-dc4jhi4.png
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ya know what, I was trying to drag the tent instead of clicking to Place in World xD
    Post edited by okester on
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    Yes. They do. You can buy them from the market near the cantina by asking the seller to buy supplies (I think thats what it says) or buy it from the catalogue and take it with you in your inventory. I was able to use it in the temple and along any of the paths with no problems.

It wouldn't let me put in in the temple or on the lot outside. Hmmmm....
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    okester wrote: »
    For some reason I was unable to place my tent. What do you think the problem could have been? Not enough free space? I even had MOO on, so idk.

Are you trying to drag it from your inventory? Try clicking it and see if the option to Place in World appears.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member

Did you try clicking the tent then Place in World? That's the problem I was having. I was trying to drag the tent to place and it wouldn't work xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    For me, tents are really useful. Sleeping in bushes leave sims a uncomfortable moodlet and they nap in it.
    There is a difference between Sleep and Nap interactions.
    Sleep interaction haves sim sleep until their energy need is full. Nap interaction only haves sim sleep for some time.
    So yes, tents are really useful if your sim needs to sleeps, but somehow these doesn't protect your sim from jungle dangers. Also, toddlers can also sleep in tents now (Toddlers cannot use bushes at all).
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I sent my couple with their two toddlers to a local park in WillowCreek with a large family tent. hoping they could stay over night while waiting for some plants to ripen. I found that if the two toddlers slept in the tent the parent's couldn't. Yet I'm sure that a family of four can, two adults and two kids. But it seems not if their toddlers. I'm glad toddlers can now sleep in them, but I wish the whole family could. I wonder if two children and two toddlers can sleep in the family tent.
    Fortunately we can now take the toddler beds, which I had done. wish we could take pottys to. I rebuilt the park and added pottys.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Tents have always been one of my favorite objects in this game, my sims have camped in every single world including the Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade and the lighthouse island in Brindleton Bay. So obviously my sims brought a tent when going to Selvadorada. It works great!

3iNBg4e.png
    xe0cTzY.png
    NY57czp.png

But there is one thing that frustrates me a lot: A couple of times during the night sims will wake up and leave the tent in order to be attacked by bees or spiders or other natural threats. It's kind of annoying that sleeping inside a tent won't protect you from those things, the attacks already happen way too often while exploring.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    yesterday parents and toddlers wouldn't share the same family tent. Today they are.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Another annoying thing is that my Sims always want to return to lodging. I set up my camp site, they get tired and the next thing I know they are tired and instead to heading for the tent they are off to what ever they rented.

It would also would have been nice to have a simple cheap camp site lot.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Hmm I was able to place a tent in the temple last night.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Tents have always been one of my favorite objects in this game, my sims have camped in every single world including the Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade and the lighthouse island in Brindleton Bay. So obviously my sims brought a tent when going to Selvadorada. It works great!

3iNBg4e.png
    xe0cTzY.png
    NY57czp.png

But there is one thing that frustrates me a lot: A couple of times during the night sims will wake up and leave the tent in order to be attacked by bees or spiders or other natural threats. It's kind of annoying that sleeping inside a tent won't protect you from those things, the attacks already happen way too often while exploring.

Maybe, like in real life, your sim hears something moving around outside and goes to investigate. Then that "noise" attacks them.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Tomatplante oh those tent pics are pretty, it's funny in an odd way the bugs wake your sims up when they're 'protected' my sim stayed asleep until I woke her up and then she was attacked by fireflies when she just slept on an air mattress.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Another annoying thing is that my Sims always want to return to lodging. I set up my camp site, they get tired and the next thing I know they are tired and instead to heading for the tent they are off to what ever they rented.

It would also would have been nice to have a simple cheap camp site lot.

I essentially use the trailhead as a camp site of sorts, with a public tent, cooler, and portable shower there, along with a campfire, horseshoes, the works.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Think my sims only spent one night at their lodge on a 7 day trip! The rest of the nights they slept in a tent - even camped on the edge of that high ledge that sticks out over the jungle. Had breakfast hotdogs from their campfire there too. All that cheated money wasted on a lodge that was barely used! I did not have problems putting the tent anywhere - even put it in tombs. As others have already said - have to use 'place in world' (granted - does not always end up where you hoped) Placed it in the cantina area once and other sims kept using it - lol!
  • Options
    AnitaOxbumaAnitaOxbuma Posts: 44 Member
    My Vampire sims were unable to try for baby inside the tent so the little one was started in the Poohoo bush next to the tent...atleast the bush was clean...Ah Love <3

03_02_18_12_17_06am_by_nagima-dc4nw6l.png

02_27_18_7_29_27pm_by_nagima-dc4jhi4.png
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member

You have to use the "Place in world" function, you can't drag it but it worked for me.. :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I’d love a tent like this by the way.

safarica-speed-3-green-safarica-speed-3-green-snel.jpg

Looks more suitable for adventurers than the family bungalow tent. Other than that it’s my favourite way for my sim to spend her nights there. We don’t go back to the lodge and bushes are for peeing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    The tents work even inside the temples and I must say it's the best place to set your camp because I haven't been attacked by anything in the times I slept in them
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    I love using the tents from OR in game! I also brought a cooler to eat quick meals out of, instead of using GCRE (although I did buy a few of those, just to be safe). I even recolored the small OR tent to blend in better with the local aesthetics, and absolutely am having a blast sticking that thing down anywhere and everywhere.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    I love using the tents from OR in game! I also brought a cooler to eat quick meals out of, instead of using GCRE (although I did buy a few of those, just to be safe). I even recolored the small OR tent to blend in better with the local aesthetics, and absolutely am having a blast sticking that thing down anywhere and everywhere.

I brought the smaller one and the cooler too. I just colored them green and white.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....