Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited March 2018
    i'll be reading it as well. I'm working my way through the list.
    Chapter Two: My little goto
    Post edited by Shadami on
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    wchzrTH.jpg

Magnolia struggles to make Blossom happy as her health deteriorates in chapter 5.

RPsA2wg.png

I also posted the Modesi Legend myth today with some screens from FFXIV that @For_Eorzea and @Cyazurai will recognize! Enjoy!

Further update! I have decided to abandon the idea of schedule updates for this story, and this story only. Of all my stories, I believe this one will work best if I post as the inspiration comes because it's a collaboration. @CathyTea will be so proud, she knows how much I've struggled with whether to schedule or not.

This means I won't be putting this story on hold anymore and I'll be more open to planning around collaborations! It also means I'm probably going to speed through a bit of the story because I'm super excited about it.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    wchzrTH.jpg

Magnolia struggles to make Blossom happy as her health deteriorates in chapter 5.

RPsA2wg.png

I also posted the Modesi Legend myth today with some screens from FFXIV that @For_Eorzea and @Cyazurai will recognize! Enjoy!

Further update! I have decided to abandon the idea of schedule updates for this story, and this story only. Of all my stories, I believe this one will work best if I post as the inspiration comes because it's a collaboration. @CathyTea will be so proud, she knows how much I've struggled with whether to schedule or not.

This means I won't be putting this story on hold anymore and I'll be more open to planning around collaborations! It also means I'm probably going to speed through a bit of the story because I'm super excited about it.

Oh, I am excited and happy! I was so pleased when I saw the comments from you and @Jes2G about scheduling and deciding to just do what works for you! I've always admired schedulers, because that's such a considerate approach for readers--and at the same time, I've simply never been able to do it, because, like you and Jes, my work-life (both jobs, actually) consist about 80% of schedules! And having to be pretty disciplined and prompt! So, as a writer, the freedom of following inspiration has just been so great and liberating! :)

And, of course, there are times and places for schedules, too, so we can always return to them whenever we want! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    wchzrTH.jpg

RPsA2wg.png

Oh, I am excited and happy! I was so pleased when I saw the comments from you and @Jes2G about scheduling and deciding to just do what works for you! I've always admired schedulers, because that's such a considerate approach for readers--and at the same time, I've simply never been able to do it, because, like you and Jes, my work-life (both jobs, actually) consist about 80% of schedules! And having to be pretty disciplined and prompt! So, as a writer, the freedom of following inspiration has just been so great and liberating! :)

And, of course, there are times and places for schedules, too, so we can always return to them whenever we want! :)

Thanks Cathy <3 I do still really enjoy schedules (more so when I'm ahead than when it's an approaching deadline) but for this story it really makes more sense to post more freely. Your Lighthouse story is actually what started the mental ball rolling. :)

Oh, and a side note about jobs - I am employed as a dispatch scheduler! :D
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    wchzrTH.jpg

RPsA2wg.png

Yass!

That's actually kind of where I'm at as well (at least with We Belong to the Song) - as much as I like scheduled updates, and had planned on keeping them... it won't always work out, especially as Kanto becomes a teenager. Some of the plot-based chapters, sure, I can write them ahead of time, but seeing as how I use a different save to take pictures of those (most of the time), but the collaboration part will work better if it's more unplanned.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Yay for unplanned planning!

These past few nights I've had many dreams about Blossom's future and even though it's far off, I'm incredibly inspired. I feel like I'm just watching a movie and taking notes. I'm not the writer, just then pen.

A huge focus of my dreams and subsequent has been around the politics of the alien planets. As you all know, I don't like to create story lines that may restrict the freedom of anyone else's story, so though my ideas are far off I feel like talking about them.

Does anyone have any concrete plans for the rebellion to actually win? Or lose for that matter?

While it's one of those story end goals that a traditional tale should and likely would reach, since this is a collab I feel like it's more of a distant dream than a reality. Personally, I'm going to make great changes but never actually end the war, and I hope Blossom will only make progress on a single planet instead of across the universe...which leaves the story line of the rebellion open forever for new people to join us.

As always, if you have major story lines or plans that you don't want to share right now, please don't feel pressured to! I'm only curious because political fantasy stories are so intriguing to me. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    So I'm just getting to the point where there are protesters in the lighthouse story.
    I still haven't finished everyone else's stories and I'm trying to read fast so I don't mess up to much Canon.
    Should I be okay in windenburg? XD
    Shadami wrote: »
    So I'm just getting to the point where there are protesters in the lighthouse story.
    I still haven't finished everyone else's stories and I'm trying to read fast so I don't mess up to much Canon.
    Should I be okay in windenburg? XD

In my story, Windenburg is extra-T friendly. Amie Alarcon (a townie) is a council member, and she's very pro-extra-T. She's an ally and works with Ritu and crew...

@Karilan ...
    The way Sept looks at the rebellion, it's a matter of changing hearts and minds, literally working to defuse the Kfvico’kyastorr (the actual "worm's tail" in the mind that influences people to get caught up in their thought structures so that they advance these three precepts: 1) harm the planet; 2) harm each other; 3) harm one's well-being and health). So his work, ultimately, which is the same as Baxi'nivre's, is to develop tools so that people (which includes extra-Ts--all the subspecies that are susceptible to the "worm's tail") live in such a way as to loosen the grasp of the "worm's tail." It's a spiritual-warrior type of thing, which never is over, unless evolution happens in such a way that minds are no longer susceptible to the "worm's tail."

Now Xirra is less philosophical and more... free and easy. She just wants to help as many as she can, and right now, she's mostly focused on the refugee-relocation project, though soon she wants to start working for the space-dog/cat rescue thing.

And Teko wants to save all the eco-systems intergallactically that are threatened by the actions of Kfvico’kyastorr (and by Kfvico’kyastorr I'm now including the inhabitants of the planet where the kids crashed who do not practice techniques to weaken the worm's tail, and, thus, contribute to ecosystem destruction and oppression of other living things.)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Okay. That's good because Amy is very much the "be yourself" type mom . And isn't going to push the disguise.
    @Karilan

That's not really the point in my story (at least in terms of the rebellion) - so I haven't really gotten to that point of thinking about it
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited March 2018
    Jumping off from @Shadami 's question about Windenburg's views of ETs, can someone refresh my memory with how San Myshuno is? I took some screenies of Xilla in the city for the Romance Festival but she was not in her disguise. At the time I wasn't sure I would include it but it'll be in the next chapter. I have a workaround but I wanted your input since it's come up! :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Meggles Whisper and Manny both lived there during their youth. @ny275 can share more about the climate. I view it a lot like San Francisco , a big metropolis with lots of cultural , ethnic , political , and economic diversity. Xirra doesn't feel safe there because some Mainstreamers have been there and she doesn't want to run into them, but all our kids should be safe there, out of disguise . So Romance Festival should be great ! In fact , I've got a chapter coming up with Morning Joe there !

@Meggles

I don't know how other people are using San Myshuno, but here is my opinion, based on how I picture things:

big cities are usually fairly tolerant of various differences in people (though there may be laws passed that provide undue hardship towards extra-Ts, similar to housing laws set up to discriminate against people of color in the 50's) as cities are, for the most part, huge melting pots where all sorts of people can interact with one another.

Kanto and Wendy have gone to San Myshuno a bunch of times throughout the years, and Kanto has never received any negative reaction (Wendy has gone so far to wander off and ignore him while he was a toddler... though she has a habit of hanging out in the seedy part of the city).

The only reason they don't live there full time is because it's too expensive (they are priced out) and because people who might be chasing them know that that's the first place to look for her and Kanto.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @CathyTea @superkyle221 THANKS to both of you! I was thinking along the same line that the city would be more tolerant but I couldn’t remember what I’d read in other stories. What I have written so far fits with that! :smiley:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Of course! I believe I actually have a chapter of Kanto at the Romance Festival out of disguise, so it all works out great!
    Got a new chapter... Lighthouse: The Wind is Sick

• RockWarriorGamesRockWarriorGames Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks for making the thread and new ideas!!! :)
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'd like for you to see this thing I've done.
    Edit: Plummit the link does not work
    Anyway
    It's another Firecalls art thingy
    Edit 2.0
    Okay, what about I thought my comments through. The picture is on this page right here.
    https://summonerds.wordpress.com/about/
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    Anyway
    Edit 2.0
    Okay, what about I thought my comments through. The picture is on this page right here.

The sketch? I absolutely love your style! You make it look so easy, but I know it's really not.

See if this works?
    img_20180302_220746.jpg
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    Anyway
    Edit 2.0

I'm so jealous you can do cartwheels--I've never mastered it! I do (and have always) climbed trees! :)

I'm really happy about the Contents page--it will help me when I need to link to stuff on my posts, and it'll make it easier for me reread! :)

And the drawings are so heartfelt and lovely and expressive! :)

edited March 2018
    Anyway
    Edit 2.0

The sketch? I absolutely love your style! You make it look so easy, but I know it's really not.

See if this works?
    img_20180302_220746.jpg

Have a thank :blush:

@CathyTea , I did think it considerate to organize the page a little bit.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @For_Eorzea Yay! That contents-page is really helpful! And I like your sketches. They're cute!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @For_Eorzea Yay! That contents-page is really helpful! And I like your sketches. They're cute!

Thanks!
    I am really happy especially with Hades's hair. And Canticle's little smile. And Fi's everything. [Louie being so shadowy is due to me failing to draw his face several times. I tried to go with a mask-like face for him, in the end. That's why weird-shaped head]

Thanks!
    I am really happy especially with Hades's hair. And Canticle's little smile. And Fi's everything. [Louie being so shadowy is due to me failing to draw his face several times. I tried to go with a mask-like face for him, in the end. That's why weird-shaped head]

It works for him to be shadow, and I really love that he's completely connected to Hades. <3
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    @Karilan
    A dragon without fire will go cold and wither.

Seriously though I love them so much