Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited February 2018
    @shadami I have Sims uploaded to my gallery under my gallery ID: livinasimminlife. The roomies I mentioned are Briody & Friends. If you want bios, I can give you some. Also I've got other Sims up there, so feel free to use any (I just ask that you credit back to my forums link or blog link). Thanks.

@CathyTea yes, I uploaded a TS4 version of Gage in this household... if you want. ;) I also uploaded the Martinez family.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Karilan wrote: »
    I know this is just a commercial, but I saw it last night and it totally reminded me of our legacies and how they kind of run away from us. Thought I'd share cause it was a cute message. :)

@Karilan Oh my goodness! I love it! Hahaha. I could see a story idea from this.

Right? At 0:47 cradling a baby in the middle of the night is the embodiment of legacies lol!

The vegan part cracked me up. I've got titles swarming in my head. Lol. Recalculating? Compass for Life? A Million Beautiful Ways? Getting Us There? It kinda reminds me of the Forrest Gump quote about life being a box of chocolates and you never know what you're gonna get.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I think that I have written SO much in the past three-and-a-half years, that I need to slow up a bit because I'm finding I want to be writing more quality now, and less quantity...

This is soo me right now. I'm sure you've noticed.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 omigosh we could make a challenge out of this....

The Recalculating Challenge - every whim your Sim gets, do the opposite!

Be mean to someone? No! Say hello!

Find a job? Plum that, go pick flowers for a living!

Level painting skill? Nope, gonna go work out!

:D
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    So, guys, what's a good schedule for someone who's managing 3 SimLits at once? To release a chapter for each story?

I have 3 (not counting WAWRMO which is on Hiatus until my birthday...). BL is on free flow right now (update when it's possible) and the other two have update days.

In summary: Update when you want to and if you can't hold yourself to a particular day then that's okay. :)

Agreed. I had 4 and recently got down to 3. I used to do a schedule and it works quite well when you have absolutely nothing going on in your life lol. But when things happen, the schedule is very hard to maintain. So, yeah...although consistency is a beautiful thing, not being stressed is more beautiful lol. Update when you can and don't stress about it.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Opicana wrote: »
    So, at work, I have the opportunity a couple times a week to assign temporary names to three things. I like to use themes for naming. Today I went with "Plumbob" "Cowplant" and "Llama". I don't think anyone here will understand my theme. :D

Nice lol
    forum_final.png

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in populating my town in Willow Creek for my Goth Legacy so that I don't have all the same pre made characters showing up all the time?
    I'm thinking I want to do that in preperation for my second generation. :D

Heya @Shadami, if you still need Sims for your neighborhood I have several families in my gallery you could use. Just regular ol' Sim families that are good for plopping down in empty houses.

There's also some single Sims. Like the vet assistant (who always sleeps with my Sim's twin brother) that looks like 90's Madonna. I guess there's perks to being the only veterinarian in town???

My Gallery ID is TheYayToast.
    Yes I'm still looking. I've jotted down everyone who has offered stuff and I should be getting to downloading and filling out the town tonight. ^-^
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    legacy lied . he said his new update would be up no later than yesterday.

i've been busy updating so i didn't realize til now.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Whose crazy idea is it that The Shining should have a sequel?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@Karilan
    :D I nearly spit out all my coffee. Holy guacamole! I am laughing so hard right now. I would totally do this challenge for kicks and giggles.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Have I ever said screenshotting PTLT is both frustrating and hilarious to screenshot? It is...Atlas frustrates me and Xander keeps being annoying/hilarious. (Messaging a character that's supposed to be dead and asking him to party. :joy: )
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

The novel it is based on has a sequel. So why not
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Jungle Adventure came out yesterday. Have you got your Junglemania on?

Non-shameless plug for @bootlegrascal :: Into The Jungle (starts you at the prologue)

and then a shameless plug for mine :: Jungle Ruin: A Sims 4 I.S.B.I. Mini Series (website | awesome thread on this Sims Community Forum) - Where members of the The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies community submitted sims from their SimLit stories or made special new ones to go on a jungle adventure.

@friendsfan367 - open this
    I am sorry I broke my promise on getting you the next #BuildNewcrest chapter up on Mon or Tue. :disappointed::cry: I tried on Mon, but life got in the way and on Tue, Jungle Adventure got in my way. I am working on it now. Hopefully I can get it up before the clock ticks midnight for me. And I hope you are having an awesome time playing Jungle Adventure!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Jungle Adventure came out yesterday. Have you got your Junglemania on?

Non-shameless plug for @bootlegrascal :: Into The Jungle (starts you at the prologue)

and then a shameless plug for mine :: Jungle Ruin: A Sims 4 I.S.B.I. Mini Series (website | awesome thread on this Sims Community Forum) - Where members of the The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies community submitted sims from their SimLit stories or made special new ones to go on a jungle adventure.

@friendsfan367 - open this
    I am sorry I broke my promise on getting you the next #BuildNewcrest chapter up on Mon or Tue. :disappointed::cry: I tried on Mon, but life got in the way and on Tue, Jungle Adventure got in my way. I am working on it now. Hopefully I can get it up before the clock ticks midnight for me. And I hope you are having an awesome time playing Jungle Adventure!

its allright. glad your enjoying ja.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    PokeMon's mascot is a "runt" of the Pokemons?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    02-28-18_6-40-17_PM.png
    City Kitty Game Save
  • Options
    i told peter to talk to mckenna. he ran outside.
  • Options

@Karilan
    :D I nearly spit out all my coffee. Holy guacamole! I am laughing so hard right now. I would totally do this challenge for kicks and giggles.

i didn't see this before. :O and I want to do that!!!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    So I've been thinking about this whole Bullet Journal thing lately! I looked into it a bit and I like the concept. This little blurb sounded so much like me that I had to check the room for ninjas:
    A bullet journal is good for...

- People who have a million little to-do lists floating around

- People who like pen and paper to-do lists

- People who are into goal-setting and habit tracking

- People who like stationery, journaling, scrapbooking, beautiful pens, etc.

- People who really love planners

- People who want to really love planners, or who want to be more organized

- People who would really like to keep a journal/diary but are having trouble sticking with the habit

The idea seems simple enough but I'm still a bit confused about it...perhaps some people who've had Bullet journals could elaborate on how they used them? @Opicana and @AdamsEve1231 have any advice?

I have a Create 365 Happy Planner which I absolutely love because I've customized it with a ton of color to keep me cheerful! It looks something like this:
    7edba9b10bea68e01a8fa8538f038b1c--disney-planner-mini-planner.jpg
    So far I only use it to track writing projects but I think I could incorporate a bullet journal too!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    So i was totally watching a show just now and after the first episode i suddenly had an idea for a story. I wrote the title, synopsis and came up with 4 character names xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    So i was totally watching a show just now and after the first episode i suddenly had an idea for a story. I wrote the title, synopsis and came up with 4 character names xD

I love the chapter you posted last night so much, by the way! I know I didn't leave many comments--or any? (Can't remember...) But I've been thinking about the chapter off-and-on today. It was just so... rich! With SO much happening. And I really like your characters a lot. I know you asked a while back if anyone thought your story was too much drama, with the characters always going through bad stuff, but it doesn't feel like gratuitous drama, to me, and it also is always in movement. So if characters are having a tough time now, it's not going to be the same tough time tomorrow. And it seems like you're interested in exploring things, rather than just using the drama to lure readers...

Anyway, I am so curious about all the loose threads in your story right now, and I'm interested to see where they go!

Excited about your new story, too! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Acarb90 wrote: »

I love the chapter you posted last night so much, by the way! I know I didn't leave many comments--or any? (Can't remember...) But I've been thinking about the chapter off-and-on today. It was just so... rich! With SO much happening. And I really like your characters a lot. I know you asked a while back if anyone thought your story was too much drama, with the characters always going through bad stuff, but it doesn't feel like gratuitous drama, to me, and it also is always in movement. So if characters are having a tough time now, it's not going to be the same tough time tomorrow. And it seems like you're interested in exploring things, rather than just using the drama to lure readers...

Anyway, I am so curious about all the loose threads in your story right now, and I'm interested to see where they go!

Excited about your new story, too! :)

Thanks @CathyTea <3<3

That really means alot :) i know there are alot of bad things happening right now, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel i promise! I am mostly excited for starting next season since it will take place in the summer. I cant wait to have everyone in summer looks and make story a little bit brighter :smiley:

As for my new story...its just an idea for now. I definitely want to commit to metro only.
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

@MadameLee LOL! I wonder how that would work? Would Jack rise from the dead? XD
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Have I ever said screenshotting PTLT is both frustrating and hilarious to screenshot? It is...Atlas frustrates me and Xander keeps being annoying/hilarious. (Messaging a character that's supposed to be dead and asking him to party. :joy: )

LOL @Bugsie2016 ! I love your PTLT screenshots though! Really? Is Atlas hard to screenshot? I didn't know that! I find children hard to screenshot personally because the screenshots never go down low enough so you always have to crop them afterwards. :D
  • Options
    I use the up and down camera tool to get better screenshots on toddlers. But I try to catch a cute face and I always get the face in the middle of a laugh that makes it look like they're tantrumming instead.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top