Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What speed?

What speed do you play your game on? 1,2 or 3?

Comments

• tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    What speed do you play your game on? 1,2 or 3?

I play at 1, unless I want time to go faster and then I play at 3. I hardly ever use 2 for some reason.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Three
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    When you use three do you see a lag in the game?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    When you use three do you see a lag in the game?

It stutters and stops sometimes or it can take a while for the next action to happen.

Also, if something is going on outside when I’m in San Myshuno, speed 3 is useless because it doesn’t go any faster than speed 2.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play on speed 1. The other speeds cause headache.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    1 because the others are broken half the time. They don’t work right unless the sim is asleep or at work.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Mostly 1,sometimes 3 if there not much going on or if I am waiting for the sims tow all across the lot.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I only play on speed 1, even when my sims are asleep. I usually browse the forums when all my sims are sleeping.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Speed 1, because I usually miss things if I'm too fast. I like taking screenshots like an overbearing parent who's super proud of their kids' with a habit of taking photos of their every move like 24/7 :'(
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    1 and 3
    i never use 2 though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Speed 1 unless my sim is gardening. Then Speed 3.
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Mostly a 1 person here as well.

Not only for pictures, but I feel like you lose a lot of the allure of the game cause you miss all the subtle things they do when they interact when you are speeding through it.

I used to do that in sims 3 a lot till one day I decided to stop speeding through everything and realized this. lol
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Speed 1. I like watching them.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I use speed 1 most of the time, I only use 2 or 3 when they are reading a skill book, or doing some other time consuming action i.e. using the analyzer.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Speed 1 for daily life and most everything.
    Speed 2 For walking long distances or up and down lots of steps.
    Speed 3 When everyone is asleep.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Mostly 1.. sometimes I wish I could slow it down more. Especially while they are jogging. I let it fast forward during sleep, sometimes stopping it to work in their inventory ect.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Speed 2 cause I'm impatient.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Speed 1, 3 when my sims do something I want to be finished fast (leveling skills, sleeping, being at work, etc.) Never use 2 though, it's too fast for normal play, but too slow for things like the above mentioned.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Speed 3 for grindy tasks, 1 the rest of the time. I do even try to stay on Speed 1 if there is more than one Sim in camera view. Even if my Sim is grinding out a Skill or something, other Sims, even NPCs, can be very entertaining. You'd be surprised what's going on in the background. ;)

Lol at the answer above about staying on Speed 1 when they're sleeping. When I play a short time during the work week, it's usually a Sim day. I end up with them in bed, of course, so I usually watch them sleep a bit, then take the camera out into the dark neighborhood to listen to the nighttime ambiance. Then I go back inside to hear the snores, save, exit. I myself go to bed then, and it really sets the mood. :p
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    Normally speaking I play at 1. But if the night is taking way too long, and it doesn't automatically kick into speed 3 because the Butler is up doing stuff, then I kick it to 3. I find if I run the game too fast, I often miss golden opportunities.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Almost always 2.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Speed 3 more often than not since my sims tend to spend most of their time painting and the like. However, when they're just chilling with each other I like watching them.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Speed 1, unless I'm waiting for them to walk across a neighborhood or collect and harvest things. I don't get the point of being in a constant hurry in live mode. Seems to miss the point of the whole thing, imo.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Speed 1, unless I'm waiting for them to walk across a neighborhood or collect and harvest things. I don't get the point of being in a constant hurry in live mode. Seems to miss the point of the whole thing, imo.

I literally can't even imagine playing in speed 2 or speed 3 throughout the entire game :) Like how?

• doloresghazedoloresghaze Posts: 11 New Member
    1 because 2 and 3 don't seem to work well (as it should)