Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure Questions/Issues

@SimGuruNinja

My sim is on vacation and just received a call from a friend in Brindleton Bay to get together at Chez Llama. I declined of course but if I had accepted would that have ended my sim's vacation? Or would she have been able to accept and then returned to Selvadorato automatically?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I think it would end the vacation.

I had a sim get asked on a date during the vacation and he couldn't go back. Luckily since other household members were still there they were just able to invite him back.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    What happens if we order a pizza? :smiley: - or can we even order one?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @SimGuruNinja

My sim is on vacation and just received a call from a friend in Brindleton Bay to get together at Chez Llama. I declined of course but if I had accepted would that have ended my sim's vacation? Or would she have been able to accept and then returned to Selvadorato automatically?

Yep - I found out in OR - it ends the Vacation. So I would assume it would be the same in JA.

Maybe you can invite that Sim to the Cantina.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    My game crashes when I try to load the map..

And does anyone know how to get a new machete?
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »

Go to the marketplace. It randomly shows up on vendor tables. I got lucky and one appeared while I was in Selvadorada.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

You get one with the rental lot when you arrive.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Great idea, to have all the issues/questions in the same place!
    I quote myself:
    I know that in real life some of the new foods you can buy in Selvadorada are vegetarian. However, in game, none of them is labelled as such. Is it maybe a bug, @SimGuruNinja ?
    I hover over the names as usual but nothing appears and I don't want my vegetarian Sims to get upset stomachs for no reason.
    Thanks!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member

Hello
    If the crashes continue,try lowering your graphics settimgs and see if that helps.

If the issues stilll remain, it would be best to post your DxDiag info in a thread in the Sins 4 Tech .
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post in the Tech thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member

Aside from them randomly appearing on the vendor tables, try levelling up your culture to 5. then you can buy the secret items from vendors. it's one of those, and you can buy as many as you want. I was able to level it up to max quickly(under a day) just by conversing about the culture stuff with the vendors and locals in the marketplace, and viewing the statue.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I wish we could disable the phones. It kind of ruins the moment to be deep into the temple, then suddenly having someone text you that it alien night at the bar.

Also my sim paid for a 7 day vacation, and those lodgings aren't cheap. If she did go home in the middle of it, would she get a refund?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    For some reason my Sims flirt with the air (there's no one around) when in the jungle, making the spouse super angry. I guess is a bug. Has any of you experience this?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited February 2018
    My very first day in the jungle, both my sims caught on fire, in the temple, and could not extinguish themselves. They both died. Is that normal or is it a bug. :/
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    My very first day in the jungle, both my sims caught on fire, in the temple, and could not extinguish themselves. They both died. Is that normal or is it a bug. :/

Oh no, the temple has a lint trap!
    Sorry about your Sims though.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member

Vendors sell an item to help you against burning to death. Checking the vendor tables will give you some hints as to what to expect on the adventure.

• kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    How do you bring up the map? My sim is there just have no clue which way to send her off exploring.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Hit the M button to travel and it should bring up the world map then just hit the X button at the top middle of the screen to rejoin your sim.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    How do you bring up the map? My sim is there just have no clue which way to send her off exploring.

Go to the Trailblazer lot, can't remember the exact name, I'm at work, but on your map its the top left. There you will find a path blocked by vines, near the shower/toilet stall. Clear the vines and the adventure begins.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    From the phone select Travel.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

The vendors sell a new version of "shower in a can". It's in a big water bottle that you sim can use to shower with. It will also put your sim out if they are on fire. I think fire is the only instant death in the jungle, so have several bottles in your inventory just in case.
    The machete only works one time?
    Seems like every where i go is a dead end.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Oh... my stove vanished!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    The machete only works one time?

No. It can break but usually not after one time.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    I can't use the tent anywhere when I am exploring.. is this normal?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    My custom songs can’t play in Latin and Latin Pop!