Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Filler life stages' and how they could work

2...Next

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    @auroraael14 Exactly I think people and sometimes are forgetting what it was like to be a Pre-teen and younger kids do have crushes but not how Pre-teens do so whoever said kids have crushes trying to make seem like it's the exact same as Preteen please go up to a 10-12 and 13 and ask him who they like have a crush on watch them blush turn all red sometimes get embarrassed that you asked them but they tell you their crushes names and say she's a girl/boy at my school or sometimes at my camp and if you ask them why they like them they will give you full details of why ask a child it's more because she's pretty and nice. To me teens with moodswings or more mellowed out than a Preteen with a mood swing because Preteens are unpredictable one minute they ok happy friendly next minute they hate everything especially parents you know at this age they tell their parents they hate them more than any age especially if they don't get their way with things.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    @Briana2425 I agree. I'm not sure why some people don't see a difference in kids, pre-teens, and teens. I feel like my sims are missing out on a big part of life. No one goes from looking like eight to being eighteen. I have a few friends that play the sims but don't frequent the forums and they too wish we had pre-teens. Hopefully, we will get them. I'm still holding out hope and if not in the sims 4 maybe in the sims 5 if there is one.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    Please, SimGurus, family players miss preteens a lot. Some people ask for this phase since The Sims 2 and others, like me, do not settle for seeing a child jump directly into adulthood. Because that's what happens today in the game. The Sims 4 teens represent 16 to 18 year olds but what about the 11 to 15 age group? One of the phases where most changes occur, both personality and appearance, and producers will ignore it? Please do something about it. The only unique stages of The Sims 4 are the toddlers (added later) and the kids. Newborns are objects and all other phases are almost the same. The only difference from teens is that they go to school. Young adults, adults and the elderly have the same gameplay. This needs to be corrected urgently.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    shorter teens > useless preteens.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• somnasimssomnasims Posts: 64 Member
    I don't see any point in adding pre-teens. I like to think that toddlers in the sims are age 2-5, kids age 6-13 and teens age 14-18. Yeah sure, there's a big jump from kids to teens but it's really hard to correctly show aging. I would have liked to have the teens look a bit different from the adults like they did in ts2 and ts3, but I don't really care about that anymore.

Also, sims' childhood/growing up phase is already too long compared to the life span of adults. Think about it: childhood lasts 18 years. Then you'll be an adult for like 50 years. Four age groups is enough for 18 years. I know they are growing, but they can't have a million life stages, then they would be way too short.

Pre-teens are supposed to be 11-12 years old. I think the sims kids can easily pass for 11-12 year olds. The problem is with the teens, so I think they could solve it by making teens shorter, making their faces a bit childish-looking etc, but I don't think that's an issue they should focus on.

However, I'd love for sims to be able to have crushes as teens. I don't know how that could be implemented, though. Maybe they could just do the attraction thing again that was in previous games.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    In no way do the kids look like 13-year-olds in the sims 4. They look like seven and eight-year-olds to me. They act like seven or eight-year-olds too. The teens look exactly like adults. They have the same height, traits, aspirations, clothes, and hairstyles. Nothing separates them from adults except that they go to school. Actually, nothing separates teens, young adults, or adults. They are virtually the same life stage and people don't freak out about that. The only difference is school and some wrinkles for an adult. They don't aspire to be different things they don't go through different changes and there is nothing unique about any of those life stages in the sims 4. I don't only want pre-teens but I want all the other life stages to be unique to that stage in life. To have different activities they like to do. Like elderly could go to bingo night. I have a bunch of senior citizens that come into for bingo day on Thursday at my work. I would love a generation type game pack that added new animations and activities for every life stage. I still want pre-teens regardless though. People didn't even want toddlers and look we now have the best toddlers any sims game has ever seen. I want this type of treatment for all life stages.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    shorter teens > useless preteens.

Shorter teens aren't possible. It's been confirmed by a guru
    In no way do the kids look like 13-year-olds in the sims 4. They look like seven and eight-year-olds to me. They act like seven or eight-year-olds too. The teens look exactly like adults. They have the same height, traits, aspirations, clothes, and hairstyles. Nothing separates them from adults except that they go to school. Actually, nothing separates teens, young adults, or adults. They are virtually the same life stage and people don't freak out about that. The only difference is school and some wrinkles for an adult. They don't aspire to be different things they don't go through different changes and there is nothing unique about any of those life stages in the sims 4. I don't only want pre-teens but I want all the other life stages to be unique to that stage in life. To have different activities they like to do. Like elderly could go to bingo night. I have a bunch of senior citizens that come into for bingo day on Thursday at my work. I would love a generation type game pack that added new animations and activities for every life stage. I still want pre-teens regardless though. People didn't even want toddlers and look we now have the best toddlers any sims game has ever seen. I want this type of treatment for all life stages.

I don't see children over the age of 11. Their their more likely seven to nine.
    edited February 2018
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    @auroraael14 Exactly I think people and sometimes are forgetting what it was like to be a Pre-teen and younger kids do have crushes but not how Pre-teens do so whoever said kids have crushes trying to make seem like it's the exact same as Preteen please go up to a 10-12 and 13 and ask him who they like have a crush on watch them blush turn all red sometimes get embarrassed that you asked them but they tell you their crushes names and say she's a girl/boy at my school or sometimes at my camp and if you ask them why they like them they will give you full details of why ask a child it's more because she's pretty and nice. To me teens with moodswings or more mellowed out than a Preteen with a mood swing because Preteens are unpredictable one minute they ok happy friendly next minute they hate everything especially parents you know at this age they tell their parents they hate them more than any age especially if they don't get their way with things.

Apparently, people are getting child and preteen mixed up. They can't tell the difference because of the lack of knowledge of preadolescences (preteens). This why the confusion stir up. That's why so many people don't want them.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Apparently, people are getting child and preteen mixed up. They can't tell the difference because of the lack of knowledge of preadolescences (preteens). This why the confusion stir up. That's why so many people don't want them.

Yup same thing with Teens people are like the stuff you ask for preteens can be added to teens I'm like no because that would make a teen immature. See this is why I really want school game pack because for one it will give teens and kids more things to do because I've been seeing a lot of simmers asking for this but also if they add tweens we would see how different each age group would act. Teens in school have more to do than a tween and child but a tween would have more to do than a child would. Children can go to like a field trip rabbit hole and come back with a souvenir from the trip but you have to get the permission slip signed by a parent or they won't go. Teens and Tweens will have field trips but not as much as children and teens will be more about education like visiting Sims Uni. And such.