Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Jungle Adventures

Did you know Selvadorada has crocodiles and electric eels?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Did you know Selvadorada has crocodiles and electric eels?

But are they interactive?

If not, pity.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Did you know if you have outdoor retreat you can pack a lot of the stuff you will need before you leave so you do not have to waste money or wait for it to stock at vendors.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Did you know if you have outdoor retreat you can pack a lot of the stuff you will need before you leave so you do not have to waste money or wait for it to stock at vendors.

Do you mean the tent and esky? Do herbalism potions help?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    cherpar wrote: »

Yes.
    Tent,cooler,campfire etc.

Yes herbalism potions work especially insecticide.
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member

Yes.

TIL I have not explored herbalism enough. Or at all.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    megiare wrote: »

Yes.

Yea, it is going to be a whole new adventure to figure out how to stay alive..lol
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    megiare wrote: »

Yes.

Same! This is definitely incentive to do that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @megiare @luthienrising This whole new jungle thingy has inspired me to revisit Granite Falls and learn herbalism. However, if like me, you cannot be bothered with the grind, download the herbalism shack from a user called Virtuall33 in the community. It contains most of the insects and all the herbs plus a lot of premade remedies.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I have a question but it's not worth opening a separate thread for so I hope someone here can help me know something :smile: What happens if I send a pregnant sim to Selvadorada, will she give birth there? Because I'd rather she didn't :lol:
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited February 2018
    did you know that if you click on a merchant at the table, you get a list of things to buy? until you have a high selvadoradan culture skill, this list is primarily what you'd see from the ranger station in granite falls (if you have that pack), meaning you can buy the tents, cots, guitar, lanterns, campfires, pet beds, balls, litter box, pet food bowls and a few other things while in selvadorada. (interestingly, the portable showers are missing. likely because of waterfall in a bottle)

another nice thing about this secret stuff is the one time i accessed it, the sim was selling one of the nine sugar skulls! so there's a way to get them (slowly) without resorting to bb.showhiddenobjects or downloading them from the gallery

and, when you max selvadoradan culture out, you'll unlock access to even more items this way, such as unlimited machetes (it seems some of the 'secret' items rotate, like relic heads and bases, while others always stay, like machetes and gcres). maxed culture also unlocks three 'secret' foods you can order at the food stall and learn once eaten
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @megiare @luthienrising This whole new jungle thingy has inspired me to revisit Granite Falls and learn herbalism. However, if like me, you cannot be bothered with the grind, download the herbalism shack from a user called Virtuall33 in the community. It contains most of the insects and all the herbs plus a lot of premade remedies.

Oh nice - thanks!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    I have a question but it's not worth opening a separate thread for so I hope someone here can help me know something :smile: What happens if I send a pregnant sim to Selvadorada, will she give birth there? Because I'd rather she didn't :lol:

I would think that if she goes into labor, she would travel to the hospital just as she would if she were at home or anywhere else. It is just a loading screen away.
    edited February 2018
    you can clone some, but not all, of the adventuring gear. looks like faraday fizz and liquid rush are the only two that can be cloned. however, you can also clone the baskets, poison antidote (once acquired), and all of the artifacts (though not relics). interestingly, you can even clone artifacts while they're still 'artifact-shaped lump of dirt'

edited to add that the 'refined' crystals can be cloned, though the bases and tops of the relics they fit onto cannot
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Karlia wrote: »

I thought I read someplace here on the forums that a pregnant sim won't go into labor on vacation, but will almost immediately upon returning home if she's in her third trimester.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Thanks for your help, guys! And because I want to contribute something to the thread too... Did you know you can't get married on vacation? :disappointed:
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Did you know skinny dipping into a pool helps with hygiene! It is very helpful when you need a shower while at the temple because no one was selling a waterfall in a can at the market that day.

I just learnt this today while my sims were at the temple they needed a shower so while the sister was asleep in the bush the brother snuk away for a little splash action
    i'm still waiting on my planted tree of emotions to bear fruit, but cutting clippings from these trees gives you a specific shoot like 'vimberry shoot'. if spliced into another plant, that plant will only grow the specific berry (and whatever the base plant was, of course). so, you'll need to grow one of each berry into a tree to get shoots from to splice into other plants to grow into them all

on one hand, that is a lot of trees/splices. but, on the other, you can set up plants to specifically grow only one berry, which is nice. a sim with enough gardening can create a plant that is perfect to keep them in the ideal mood for their job without the worry of all the 'useless' berries getting in the way
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I just found the herbalism shack... but it's a room folks, so don't miss that part! I made it into a park with food stalls.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Hey guys 2 questions. Is it just me or are the small black stereos missing the Latin and Latin pop station and when could sims play the piano and sing at the same time?
    another random tidbit: skeletons cannot initiate any romantic interactions, and the only romantic interaction another sim can initiate with them is 'serenade'
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'm still waiting on my planted tree of emotions to bear fruit, but cutting clippings from these trees gives you a specific shoot like 'vimberry shoot'. if spliced into another plant, that plant will only grow the specific berry (and whatever the base plant was, of course). so, you'll need to grow one of each berry into a tree to get shoots from to splice into other plants to grow into them all

on one hand, that is a lot of trees/splices. but, on the other, you can set up plants to specifically grow only one berry, which is nice. a sim with enough gardening can create a plant that is perfect to keep them in the ideal mood for their job without the worry of all the 'useless' berries getting in the way

I planted some emotion berries at one of the rental places you stay at, watered them all, then went to the market. When I returned, the berries were "planted" in the air and inaccessible. *sigh*
    ...that is quite irksome. i think bb.enablefreebuild on the lot should help you fix that. and it should be reported, too, so they can see what's up with that