Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 In Winter (MOD)

Comments

• The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    uryga wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I've been following his progress, but I really don't know if I will. I can see snow in GF, and maybe Newcrest, but not really in WC and OS.

I hope when we get real weather, we can set it to which "world" we want to have it.

ETA: It does look very nice though!

Yes, I use the fall one and it was Great and so easy, went well with Holloween.
    http://dani-paradise.com/2015/06/15/autumn-in-the-sims-4/

@The_SimScraper
    Is it out and were do we download it at?

Not out yet, I'll let you know when it is :)
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    I bet ea will copy it lolol
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2015
    Here is a small trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRE8m8BGcNI&ab_channel=SimCookie

it's gorgeous <3

The only problem I can see using it is townies breaking immersion by wearing inappropriate clothes :smiley:
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    SimsDream wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm SimCookie (sadly my name is not correct on the forum :( ) thank you for your comments, the mod is not ready yet, It was just a news where I announce that I'm working on a snow mod! I do want to wait that the new patch be released and after it's everything is okay I will release it. And thank you again for your comments ! :)

AMAZING! Just so beautiful, the worlds look even prettier with what you did!
  • MonstercatMonstercat Posts: 52 Member
    I can't imagine how much time he put into this. It looks stunning!
    F34FVWN.png
    Check out my TS3 Wishlist! *click*
    And check out my latest Youtube video! *click*
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2015
    I've been following his progress on this mod, and WOW, I am impressed and actually excited about this! It drives home the fact that the one thing that I truly want to see developed for this game, is Seasons.

Ok, I loaded the mod, IT IS GEORGOUS!!!!! Absolutely a stunning visual! AND in build mode, you can actually paint individual lot's with SNOW!! HOW COOL IS THAT!! Beautiful work Sim Cookie ( Sims Dream)!!!!

( I think that EA would be smart to recruit both you and Zerbu )
    Post edited by noodlesandme on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,807 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm having trouble translating the page. Can someone please explain how to install the mod? Thanks!

Okay so I downloaded four zip files.
    1.EP1 Snowmod
    2.Outdoor retreat snowmod
    3.Terrain full snow
    4.The Sims 4 Snowmod Finale

Do I just unzip them all to my mods folder. I do have GTW and OR.

And can I put them in a separate folder in the mods folder to keep all files together?

And finally not sure about this statement:

This file is used to cover the ground entirely of snow as exemplified below: download the file, for it to work it will remove the file "Snow Land light.package" includes in the core zip and replace by one!

Do I have to remove a file from the core zip or is it done automatically?

Thanks!
  • Cristal_SwanCristal_Swan Posts: 234 Member
    Hi everyone! :smile:

I've been trying to download Sim Cookie's winter mod but on the site, when I click the link to download any of the files on the site, it is taking ages to load and not going anywhere.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I think it might be to do with traffic or something but I've been trying all day. Thanks!
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm having trouble translating the page. Can someone please explain how to install the mod? Thanks!

1.EP1 Snowmod
    3.Terrain full snow

And can I put them in a separate folder in the mods folder to keep all files together?

This file is used to cover the ground entirely of snow as exemplified below: download the file, for it to work it will remove the file "Snow Land light.package" includes in the core zip and replace by one!

Thanks!

She has a English version to explain the mod download, but I think you do have to download all of them.

Here is how she explained..(quote SimCookie)

Hey guys I hope you all doing well, I read you met issue to understand how to install teh mod, but it’s very simply. Here’s how to do. I know there are many files but don’t worry that’s okay. But you can’t tell me it’s not working because it is! You just have to follow and taking time to read.

First step :
    Download base game files – These files includes snow on trees, the snow on the ground, the background, the buyable trees. In fact it is the most important files to male the mod works.

(OPTIONAL) If you have « The Sims 4 Outdoor retreat » you can download this file

(OPTIONAL) If you have « The Sims 4 Get to work » you can download this file

(OPTIONAL) This file is for people who wants snow everywhere. So I called it « Heavy snow » see the example under. You only have to delete the file named « Terrain snow light.package » from the base game files and replace it by this one( download this file)

You have to put all thes files at the root of the mods folder like this in Documents\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 4\Mods or the mod will not work. It can only have one sub-folder. (example : mods/walls…)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,807 Member
    lovlyb wrote: »

1.EP1 Snowmod
    3.Terrain full snow

Thanks!

She has a English version to explain the mod download, but I think you do have to download all of them.

Here is how she explained..(quote SimCookie)

Hey guys I hope you all doing well, I read you met issue to understand how to install teh mod, but it’s very simply. Here’s how to do. I know there are many files but don’t worry that’s okay. But you can’t tell me it’s not working because it is! You just have to follow and taking time to read.

First step :
    Download base game files – These files includes snow on trees, the snow on the ground, the background, the buyable trees. In fact it is the most important files to male the mod works.

(OPTIONAL) If you have « The Sims 4 Outdoor retreat » you can download this file

(OPTIONAL) If you have « The Sims 4 Get to work » you can download this file

(OPTIONAL) This file is for people who wants snow everywhere. So I called it « Heavy snow » see the example under. You only have to delete the file named « Terrain snow light.package » from the base game files and replace it by this one( download this file)

You have to put all thes files at the root of the mods folder like this in Documents\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 4\Mods or the mod will not work. It can only have one sub-folder. (example : mods/walls…)

Thanks!!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Didn't read this whole thread, that's very pretty, but one question. Do these Sims even know it's cold outside and or has snowed? If not I will wait for the actual feature.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Didn't read this whole thread, that's very pretty, but one question. Do these Sims even know it's cold outside and or has snowed? If not I will wait for the actual feature.
    Nope- it's purely for looks.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's just a default replacement. For sims to know that it's "winter" seasons would need to be programmed into the game. In previous games with a Seasons pack it has a separate category for outerwear. That is what sims will change into but we don't have a Seasons pack.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member
    This is exactly what Maxis needs to be doing! This mod looks awesome

S91Echo.gif?1
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Anyone else downloaded this and the snow terrain is in obvious looking squares? I'm using the heavy snow version, at least I thought I was as I installed it per instructions (and took the light package out) but the snow doesn't look anything like the screenies.
  • SuperhotTeamorninSuperhotTeamornin Posts: 1 New Member
    OML I don't know why, but I just though of "CandyLand" Themed World.. pleas don't judge :X
  • ninjapipaninjapipa Posts: 27 New Member
    wow this looks amazing ive never used mods but i will have to try some out at some point
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    Oh my lord! This is beautiful!
  • HyashiHyashi Posts: 39 Member
    This would work wonderfully in my Jelsa videos! (*secretly plots) Muhahah!
  • TigerLily_SSTigerLily_SS Posts: 45 Member
    it looks sooooooooo beautiful!!!!
    def would download it!!!!!
    maybe download some actions to make sims like skating
  • simonesimmersimonesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Can anyone help? I deleted the winter mod ages ago but it still is making Brindleton Bay look like it's in winter. How can I fix this? I've already repaired my game and that didn't help.
  • DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    Does the mod apply to all worlds, or just a few? And would the mod interfere with other texture changing mods?
  • Casper613Casper613 Posts: 35 Member
    wow. its amazing
    Origin ID: TerminalCas