Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims will be at EA play this June

Do you think it's an expansion preview? Cancellation of the series? The Sims 5?

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    If it The Sims 5 - then we are going to worry that it won't be what we want.

If it is an EP - then we are going to worry that it won't done exactly to our requirements. A candle-making EP might go down like a lead balloon.

If it is the cancellation of the series - then at least we can save money and move on in life. This is the cheaper option.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    How did it work the last time? When The Sims 4 was announced did they still release The Sims 3 content in the meantime before it was released or did everything shut down?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe. I doubt it. Maybe.

I'd be fine with either an expansion preview or a Sims 5 announcement. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2018
    I’m betting it’s likely Seasons. If not, it’s some other expansion.

I do think for the sake of the progression of life simulation genre and The Sims itself, if they do want to innovate, it’s going to require a whole new base game.

But EA still has money it can squeeze out of The Sims 4, unfortunately, and they know that. However, as @SimGuruGrant pressured us to know, if The Sims 4 wasn’t successful, there wouldn’t be a The Sims 5. So, I’m certainly holding his words of “great” knowledge of how EA, as a company works, from his perspective as a game developer, now that they brag about TS4’s numbers (despite the fact it’s probably the base game with the most earliest and best discounts).

On a serious note, The Sims 5 will hit one day, maybe. Just probably not soon.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I imagine it will be next expansion hints (given Jungle Adventure has already been confirmed). Some Dragon Age 4 stuff. Battlefront stuff.

Mass Effect will likely get nothing as that is still on hiatus thanks to the botch job...
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    My theory is that Sims Mobile is the intended Sims 5, and the longer we see both Sims 4 and Sims Mobile alive, the more they're gonna try and push us towards Sims Mobile. Wouldn't be surprised if, for example, Sims Mobile got an EP before Sims 4 did as an incentive to get people playing it.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    The Sims Mobile thing is weird though - you have to level up to be able to unlock having babies, etc:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWzbPz5mwE
    ^Evidence.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think a new EP announcement in June would be way premature if they stick with the fall release schedule (to take advantage of holiday shopping season). I think it's more to expose the game to more potential players, maybe those that heard the bad press in the early days of the game. With hands on play of all the games together, those players will see that the game's come a long way since 2014.

We could possibly get another GP in summer -- probably not another vacation world so soon after Jungle Adventure, maybe something to improve education (home schooling, maybe an Education rabbit hole career plus the opportuninty and tools to run a daycare for those who want an active component). I'd love to see a "study from home" option similar to the "work from home" options of the CL career (Politician and Social Media). If they do announce a GP, they could have a beta version available for hands-on play at EA Play, then release it to the general public a couple of weeks later after they've squashed a majority of bugs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Wait a minute.

Did anyone actually read the webpage thing - ie the French thing that is also in English?

It states The Sims Mobile is a featured game.

Still, at least Simmers can rest easy that they don't need to show up for this thing.

Mystery over.

EDIT:
    It may be a translation thing - so scrub what I said.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

Did anyone actually read the webpage thing - ie the French thing that is also in English?

It states The Sims Mobile is a featured game.

Still, at least Simmers can rest easy that they don't need to show up for this thing.

Mystery over.

EDIT:
    It may be a translation thing - so scrub what I said.

in the article it says:

"The Sims ™ 4 and our mobile games will also be available, along with several surprises."

It's very odd for me because The sims 4 does not get dragged to EA events anymore, so I think it should be something bigger than just a regular game add.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2018
    IIRC Maxis didn't do anthing for TS4 at EA Play last time (to answer the one poster's question), and no TS3 was not shut down after the announcement of TS4 they continued to make store content and still going strong (but no longer producing any new store content). ETA: EA Play< I remember something about they were not going etc. last time, or was that somewhere else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Errr that’s it! I will get Grant for this!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    My theory is that Sims Mobile is the intended Sims 5, and the longer we see both Sims 4 and Sims Mobile alive, the more they're gonna try and push us towards Sims Mobile. Wouldn't be surprised if, for example, Sims Mobile got an EP before Sims 4 did as an incentive to get people playing it.

Note sure if you're being sarcastic but since TS3 and Freeplay managed to coexist just fine without killing one another, I'm sure so can TS4 & TS Mobile xD
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Don't get why some people are in such a hurry to get sims 5.

If they jumped ship on sims 4 before giving us the essentials like seasons, university, supernatural, etc, what would stop them from doing it for sims 5?

They would lose all my trust and I would be done with the sims series.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

If they jumped ship on sims 4 before giving us the essentials like seasons, university, supernatural, etc, what would stop them from doing it for sims 5?

Yup definitely ready for some more TS4 content! Kinda thinking 5 will be a 2020 thing.
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Or maybe
    • Sims 4 spinoff game like Sims 3 Medieval
    • CAW or other big improvements for existing gameplay
      OK, I am very naive :D Just like toddler stuff on gamescom it can be small pack with things to point on these new features (CAW objects, extra traits for new personality system)

Anyway, I think it must be something bigger than announcement of re-realeased EP with themes from previous sims games or things for consoles and mobile game.
    Sims 5? I hope not and I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I think it has to do with Sims 4 being the least popular title of the Sims franchise.

And "what would stop them" is that they didn't do that to Sims 2 or Sims 3. It isn't a habit, it'd be a first time thing that affected the least popular title in the history of the franchise. Quite honestly, I think it's already gonna be difficult for them to deliver those things, and more time won't neccesarily change that.

I honestly think that if Sims 4 ending is what you need as confirmation that you lose all trust in the team, then that indeed suggests you're not currently satisfied with the complete product. You make it sound like the promise/potential for more is what keeps you invested in Sims 4. As such, I think the only difference between yourself and those wishing for Sims 5 is that those wishing for Sims 5 have accepted they're probably not gonna be satisfied with Sims 4, whereas you on the other hand hold out hope it can still happen and want to see it happen while others are willing to cut losses and move on.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I think it has to do with Sims 4 being the least popular title of the Sims franchise.

And "what would stop them" is that they didn't do that to Sims 2 or Sims 3. It isn't a habit, it'd be a first time thing that affected the least popular title in the history of the franchise. Quite honestly, I think it's already gonna be difficult for them to deliver those things, and more time won't neccesarily change that.

I honestly think that if Sims 4 ending is what you need as confirmation that you lose all trust in the team, then that indeed suggests you're not currently satisfied with the complete product. You make it sound like the promise/potential for more is what keeps you invested in Sims 4. As such, I think the only difference between yourself and those wishing for Sims 5 is that those wishing for Sims 5 have accepted they're probably not gonna be satisfied with Sims 4, whereas you on the other hand hold out hope it can still happen and want to see it happen while others are willing to cut losses and move on.

No offence but that's not exactly true. If I am happy with a game, I do want more of it. Even Night in The Woods I want more of, despite knowing it can't and shouldn't happen ^^ people who want only 5 and none of 4 are as you say unhappy with the current game (you know like all those people that wanted 3 to end for other reasons), but those who want more of sims 4 may actually be very happy with what they've got and therefore want to further expand that world and that game instead of starting from scratch again. No this doesn't apply to everyone but not everything people say on here is proof of everyone secretly hating 4.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »

No offence but that's not exactly true. If I am happy with a game, I do want more of it. Even Night in The Woods I want more of, despite knowing it can't and shouldn't happen ^^ people who want only 5 and none of 4 are as you say unhappy with the current game (you know like all those people that wanted 3 to end for other reasons), but those who want more of sims 4 may actually be very happy with what they've got and therefore want to further expand that world and that game instead of starting from scratch again. No this doesn't apply to everyone but not everything people say on here is proof of everyone secretly hating 4.

I never said people secretly hate Sims 4.

I said if that person would indeed react in that way if Sims 4 abruptly ended, I question if that person is truly satisfied with Sims 4. My point is a person's enjoyment of a game should not depend on hopes of more in the future, and should instead be independent of that.

I'm not denying there are people who love Sims 4 or would name it as their favorite, either. However, any time someone runs a poll, Sims 4 loses out to 2 and 3 by a wide margin and even tends to have trouble beating Sims 1 at times. Statistically, yes, it does seem to be the least popular.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

Are you sure it is, though? Could you provide facts/statistics to confirm this statement that The Sims 4 is, indeed, the least popular title? Just out of curiosity. :) I mean, I still vividly remember people hating on TS3 for years after it came out and claiming that TS2 was way, way better. Many people stuck with TS2 and chose not to buy TS3, myself included. I know that there's been a lot of criticism on this iteration especially after its release, but I also firmly believe it's gradually gained more popularity over the years. That, and TS4 has been played by some pretty major gaming YouTubers like Pewdiepie, which I suspect would've attracted some people that are new to the franchise, too.

Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I never said people secretly hate Sims 4.

I said if that person would indeed react in that way if Sims 4 abruptly ended, I question if that person is truly satisfied with Sims 4. My point is a person's enjoyment of a game should not depend on hopes of more in the future, and should instead be independent of that.

I'm not denying there are people who love Sims 4 or would name it as their favorite, either. However, any time someone runs a poll, Sims 4 loses out to 2 and 3 by a wide margin and even tends to have trouble beating Sims 1 at times. Statistically, yes, it does seem to be the least popular.

On these forums yes (of that segment that answers polls) and there's no doubt whatsoever that TS4 got a lot of things very wrong. But people hoping for more packs to add to their game doesn't automatically mean they're dissatisfied with it. People just want their staples (pets, seasons, uni, cities, careers, adventure) before the franchise moves on. And even then... I'm sure people would still be excited if 3 suddenly got a new pack. We just kinda like to add as much as we can to things we enjoy.
  • Options
    Emma0708000Emma0708000 Posts: 27 Member
    I doubt sims 5 as sims 4 still needs a ton of work but can't wait to see sims 4 announcements hopefully seasons :)
    Simply Sims | Youtuber
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

I'm not really, I just don't know what to think in them NOT taking The Sims into any of EA events and then suddenly announcing it. One would think that the announcement should be bigger than just an expansion. Maybe a spin off, maybe a new game. However if they suddenly decided to start announcing packs for The Sims publicly in EA events, I won't complain. Might mean better communication :)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

EA Maxis has already said The Sims 4 is different from the other games, therefore those “essentials” do not apply.

I think it’s well established at this point that EA can completely disregard their entire fanbase when they release a new title, and form a new collective by throwing tons of money behind social media marketing. Seemed to work out pretty well for them with Sims 4. So I don’t think they are all that concerned about your trust, or anyone’s trust really. They’ve already seen that people will buy a severely downgraded product and be just fine with it.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Taking a wild guess: TS4 is coming to new port: Nintendo switch?
    NNpYlHF.jpg