Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I had to make a Sims 4 or 3 decision today...

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
So every since I installed the latest version of Origin it totally messed up my Sims 3 launcher which effected store content in turn, as I don't want to install the "origin" version of the Sims 3 (it breaks a lot of mods like poses) I was faced with a decision.

Uninstall the Sims 3 and only play the Sims 4....or uninstall Origin (which fixes the launcher issue)...hence the Sims 4...and play the Sims 3 only.

To be honest it was a tough decision, what got me was going through my folders to backup (im also reinstalling my pc) I realized I have "stories" and challenges I haven't finished for the Sims 3...that go back 5 years...5 years.

I feel I need to do those Sims a service and finish their stories first lol.

Plus I'm hoping by the time I return to the Sims 4 they will have released seasons - my most request expansion, mostly because it adds a flow of "time" to the game via seasons...especially since the Sims 4 barely age between teens and adults.

But boy what a decision, I even took a poll at work...it came out 50/50....not helpful...

On the plus side I don't play any other Origin required games...and I get to fiddle with all those cool graphic mods for the Sims 3 now like reshade.

Still I'm gonna miss the Sims 4 "goofy" world and honestly I love the animations especially for communication for the Sims 4...a lot of the Sims 3 animations seem so repetitive. Still I must finish my Sims 3 stories!

I think I get some kinda of personal achievement if I do at this point lol...still...ugh...the indecision!

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    What origin update was that?

I’m sorry you have to choose if that’s what it’s come down to. For me though I would choose the sims 3 every time.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am happy that one can still access Sims 3 being it has not been archived yet like past iterations. Yeah I hated that Sims 3 launcher, it would have been great if it worked like it should have. I like the Sims 4 launcher style better, I have no problem with it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I disconnect totally from the internet when I play 3. Some of my packs won't show in origin if I am connected. Plus the game plays better offline. The trick is to disconnect BEFORE you click to open the game. No online, no origin interference. Try it before you nuke 4. It might work and you keep both games.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    When it comes to that I generally, myself, go with Sims 4 due to the shorter wait time to get into a game save of mine. Well, it always feels shorter. I might be wrong and it's just that in Sims 3 there's that loading green bar :lol:

I love both to pieces like you, but I hate (the feeling of) a long wait :lol:
    I'm impatient; what can I say?
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Eh I'm still tryin to decide, I waited a day to see if "patch tuesday" updated the OS for Win10...but there was no patch...although I am a Windows Insider so ya...it was just an excuse to be indecisive another day lol....
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2018
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Eh I'm still tryin to decide, I waited a day to see if "patch tuesday" updated the OS for Win10...but there was no patch...although I am a Windows Insider so ya...it was just an excuse to be indecisive another day lol....

I would just install The Sims 4 and play it before you inevitably get bored and want to switch back to The Sims 3 (which you will then find yourself craving TS4 again down the line).

In other words, if you haven't completely stuck to a certain Sims iteration, and have frequently switched in the past, you will only continue bouncing between the different versions. IMHO, might as well spend time playing one of them, then being indecisive and playing neither.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I mostly play the Sims 4, but I think I will play Sims 3 this weekend.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Go through the effort and fix your sims 3 game! If I never finished my sims 4 saves and the stories that went along I would be sad, because it’s like a tv show that never got an ending.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I've been getting the itch to play Sims 2. I spent the day organizing all my movie and game discs and just looking at the Free Time and Seasons and Open For Business discs made me want to load it up. I have the Ultimate Collection installed so I might boot it up this weekend. I do play Sims 3 quite regularly. Glad I don't have to make your decision. :)
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    This is why I play Sims 3 on Steam, I play both Sims 4 and Sims 3 but good luck on what your going to do.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited January 2018
    Origin is incredibly problematic. I get why they require Origin, but that doesn’t excuse it’s lousy integration with any their games or it’s faulty design in general. Half the time offline login isn’t available without an internet connection, which makes any offline game unplayable.
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I chose Sims 3 over 4 long ago. It had nothing to do with Origin. Luckily, my game plays perfectly. I don't miss Sims 4 a bit.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I never uninstalled Sims3, so I can access it without Origin. I generally play it using Razor, which shuts off the background processes on my computer, which helps. This is where disks are useful.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    I don`t know why,but sims 3 just don`t work good for me,not even on new computer. I would start the game and they start running slow in few minutes. After a while I got tired and uninstalled them. At least 4 is running good
  • AnokrahAnokrah Posts: 20 Member
    > @Kilov17 said:
    > When it comes to that I generally, myself, go with Sims 4 due to the shorter wait time to get into a game save of mine. Well, it always feels shorter. I might be wrong and it's just that in Sims 3 there's that loading green bar :lol:
    >
    > I love both to pieces like you, but I hate (the feeling of) a long wait :lol:
    > I'm impatient; what can I say?

My sims 4 now takes longer to load than sims 3 did... Mainly 'cause of the 10gb of CC though.

And if you had the hidden object game enabled it took even looooongerrrr
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I don`t know why,but sims 3 just don`t work good for me,not even on new computer. I would start the game and they start running slow in few minutes. After a while I got tired and uninstalled them. At least 4 is running good

EA pretty much sabotaged Sims 3 with it’s final update. I had no issues at all on either my laptop or desktop, updated Sims 3 on the laptop and it became absolutely unplayable. Crashes every time I go to map view. Desktop hasn’t been updated, and will never be updated so I can safely play as usual.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Origin and The Sims 3 should not be mentioned in the same title. Expressing my views on Origin would not be appropriate for the forums so I shall just leave it at that!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    @TOLKIEN if the latest version of Origin doesn't work for you, you can always go back to an earlier version. You can find links to earlier Origin versions for both PC and Mac here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/operating-system-not-supported-by-origin/
  • LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    I gave up on Sims 3 when my old computer went kaput, I was able to play but it lagged so bad it would take 12 hours to do a simple chapter in the sagas, once I got a new computer I just moved on to Sims 4, which I am liking a lot.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Just wondering if people still having issues has disabled Origin In-Game
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock