Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never Weary now removes Energy decay, costs 10,000 Satisfaction Points.

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
Originally when The Sims 4 first came out on Windows, Never Weary removed the need to sleep (although it actually provided -100% Energy decay) making it the only Trait with a -100% decay, the other being Steel Bladder. Around December 2014 with the Careers update, Never Weary was changed to only have a -50% Energy decay thus making Energy decay again. However, the patch notes didn't mention the change leading to many Simmers initially mistaking it for a bug until it was confirmed that Never Weary has been nerfed.

However, the 1.40 update released in February 22, 2018 seems to have reversed this change as it mentioned about the trait providing full benefit now. Needs No One, Forever Fresh, and Forever Full have been added as improved versions of Independent, Antiseptic, and Hardly Hungry respectively. The old nerfed trait is still present in The Sims 4 renamed as Seldom Sleepy which still costs 4,000 Satisfaction Points with the buffed Never Weary as a trait costing 10,000 Satisfaction Points. Needs No One, Forever Fresh, and Forever Full cost 5,000, 8,000, and 10,000 Satisfaction Points respectively.

Previously, the description for Never Weary read
Never Weary Sims never need less sleep.

In 1.40, the description was changed to this
Seldom Sleepy Sims need less sleep than other Sims
Never Weary Sims never need sleep.

Edit: According to replies, Sims who had Never Weary prior to the 1.40 update will receive the updated effect (Never Weary will now stop Energy decay instead of slowing down Energy decay) when playing in 1.40. If you would rather have the Seldom Sleepy effect, you will need to remove the Never Weary trait and then either purchase the Seldom Sleepy trait or add in the trait though cheats to continue receiving the reduced Energy decay. However, cheats are required to remove the Never Weary trait.

It makes me wonder if the change of Never Weary and the introduction of the new traits was created for The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure since the traits would make the Sim useful in that Game Pack although they're expensive, or maybe these traits were created due to player feedback.

Currently, only the Windows and Mac version of The Sims 4 will have this change. The Sims 4 on PS4/Xbox One will still have the nerfed Never Weary trait and won't have the new traits until an update arrives to add them.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by WinMacSims3 on

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have a Sim(s) with Never Weary before patch, and they still have it. They no longer need to sleep ever (but I'll probably change them all to seldom sleepy instead)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I purchased the Never Weary trait for a sim on 21/2/2018 and they still need sleep. They always have done.
  • BlueReenieBlueReenie Posts: 2 New Member
    My Sims with the old Never Weary (4000 Satisfaction Points) is now the new (10,000 Satisfaction Points). I couldn't figure out why my couple wasn't getting tired.

That said, Hardly Hungry and Steel Bladder didn't get the bump up for the Sim that has these already.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    i removed the never weary trait because of this and considered getting the seldom weary trait. i do like my sims to sleep sometimes.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Why did they change never weary to never sleep, when it actually was seldom sleepy? A lot of my sims are never weary because I wanted them to sleep less, not to be wake all time. How do I change this to seldom sleepy?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    @Wolfium

Ctrl + Shift + C
    testingcheats on
    traits.remove_trait NeverWeary
    traits.equip_trait SeldomSleepy

(I'm guessing on the last since that's the name of the trait in the game and I can't imagine that it would have a different name but if it doesn't work search around on google to see if someone has found the actually name of the trait.)
    ~ ~ ~
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    @3KNPen Thank you. Do these commands run on all sims in game that have this trait?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    No it only works for whatever sim you have selected at the time. You have to do each sim that has them individually.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Can somebody invent this IRL?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • RavenwolfieRavenwolfie Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey guys, I just spent 10k on Forever Full on my vampire...it doesn't look like its working...did I just waste a ton of points, and if so how do I undo it if at all possible?
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Hey guys, I just spent 10k on Forever Full on my vampire...it doesn't look like its working...did I just waste a ton of points, and if so how do I undo it if at all possible?

The trait won't work because thirst replaces the hunger bar for vampires and they're don't need to eat.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Why did they change never weary to never sleep, when it actually was seldom sleepy? A lot of my sims are never weary because I wanted them to sleep less, not to be wake all time. How do I change this to seldom sleepy?

FYI it was originally a "never sleep" trait, way back when the game was launched. Then it was nerfed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.