March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Eternity Monument Park looks so very creatively great! @Ainsleyf :) The architectural design of the monument looks so very nice! Each of the structures in the build have been designed so creatively! The spires and the bats look great! The red water sections around the base of the monument and the fish fountains in it looks very nice! It is great that there is a community garden planter box section in the park. The iron fencing suits the well Forgotten Hollows!
    You are so very creative in your building designs! :)
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you take a pic of a sim from CAS? I know how to take a pic of the sim in game, but for the sim challenge, I'd like to take a pic of the sim with a white background like in the thumbnail in the gallery.

You can push C just like in game and it will save a picture to your screenshots folder , it takes the photo as if all the buttons etc are not on the screen
    rzsH227.png
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you so very much @Rosemow! And thank you and everyone else for the congrats!! I'm working on my explorer and then I'll have to check out everyone elses!!

And thanks so much @lsnishi!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @leashahampton, I wondered how to do that...and duh, it was so simple. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited February 2018
    QC challenge no: 59
    Origin ID: Ainsleyfr
    Sims Gallery Name: Jungle Explorer
    Gallery Link:Jungle Explorer
    I just had to reupload him. Had to make one crucial change..sorry
    Background Story: LONG
    Inspired by brother, Juan Ponce, Alfons decided to begin his own expedition to find the legendary Fountain of Youth. What he found was 'Forgotten Hollow' and far more than he had ever bargained for. The next 500 years were spent in study, research and experimentation to find a cure for his curse. Recently healed, Alfons is ready to embark on a new expedition to mysterious Selvadorada. He has since donated his fortune to build a monument to the immortals in the town he leaves behind. It is said to contain all of his secrets for those willing to truly study the lore. May believe Vladislaus Straud to be the true founder of Forgotten Hollow, but none ever seem to question why Alfons always refers to him as 'Sonny Boy' (and lives.)
    Notes on SIM: I wanted a good-looking South-American guide with a pinch of Indiana Jones and just a remnant of the Gothic Vampire. I played him up to Grand Master Vampire and then healed him so he has some high skills: Fishing 10, Vampire Lore 15, and very high in guitar, singing and charisma. He has other skills as well, but in the low to mid range. I was sort of prepping him to be my character for the new pack, but I don't think he has so many skills he's no fun to play. He also has a lot of outfits (many with his signature hat), but that's really because I liked playing him more than for this challenge so, I really wasn't trying to give anyone more to do @cbear13 - you can just ignore them. He's active, outdoor loving, outgoing with a curator aspiration. Because I played him he's also a great storyteller, observant, independent, night-owl, gym-rat, 'A True Master' and incredibly friendly. I left about 6000 points for whomever is playing him to use - that is - if it transfers. I only wanted to buy traits that'd work with my character story. In retrospect maybe I should have cheated him up to Grandmaster and then healed him. I Hope I didn't go too far!!!!
    Images (1-2 images):Tpl2wZ3.png5fBeIwR.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    edited February 2018
    It was great reading the background details of Alfons, and how you were preparing him to be your adventurer sim to explore the jungles of Selvadorada ! @Ainsleyf :) He sounds a great sim to use with the new pack! His explorer hat is a nice part of his explorers outfit. The traits that you have given to him will be very helpful when adventuring. He is handsome also :)
    Thanks so much @Rosemow!!!! I'm looking forward to an adventure pack! I miss Sims 3 adventures!
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Thanks so much @Rosemow!!!! I'm looking forward to an adventure pack! I miss Sims 3 adventures!

I am looking forward to the new pack also! :) It sounds great !
    Here's my sims challenge entry:

QC Challenge No. 59
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Sims Gallery Name: Brindleton
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/867EAE581AB711E8804EBCA13AE564C6
    yeCrWXH.png
    Comparing himself with his double on the bridge of his ship the HMS Intrepid (which is now part of a museum/park)
    Ok7Jcms.png

This is Captain Elias Brindleton who ran away for the adventure of the sea when he was a child. He became a dashing naval captain known for his exploration of the South Pacific and the Orient. However, he is best known for defeating the pirates that hid in inlets and bays around the coasts, terrorizing merchantmen, fishermen, and townspeople alike. After he defeated the pirates, he established the town of Brindleton Bay and erected a series of lighthouses to warn ships of the dangerous rocks and shoals. A museum/park has been constructed in Brindleton Bay to honor his accomplishments.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    Captain Elias is very nice! @lsnishi :) His Captain outfit looks great! It is a very nice touch to see him in the photo side by side with the mannequin that is in memorial of him :) It was great reading his background story details and that he established Brindleton Bay. The lighthouses would have been very helpful for many sea travellers. He sounds very brave, to fight the pirates!
    edited March 2018
    This was the most ambitious build I ever did! I tried whole bunches of new things (like making ships, ladders and cannons). The lot has two swimmable fishing holes, playground equipment for toddlers and children, chess, painting easels, horseshoes, and picnic area. The ship has a bridge, galley/mess, crew quarters, hold, brig and head.

QC Challenge N. 59
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Novice Builder: No
    Level: Unofficial
    Original Lot Used: Chateau Frise in Brindleton Bay
    Gallery Name: Brindleton Museum/Park
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/257AB33D1B2311E8807736427980D667
    What is your monument? A lot dedicated to Capt. Elias Brindleton who founded Brindleton Bay. His ship, the HMS Intrepid and the first lighthouse he built are on the lot which can be played as either a park or as a museum.
    Notes: Ships paintings on the 2nd floor of the lighthouse are by NaJoPau who is credited on the gallery notes. The upper bunk bed in the crew quarters is decorative only. The stove in the galley/mess does not work b/c there is no frig (I couldn't get myself to add a refrigerator to a 18th sailing ship). There are no lights in the "pool" since it is supposed to be natural sea inlet so there should not be visible lights in there. Cabin Slat curtains("the sails") don't necessarily touch the A Column of Concern "masts." The Smooth Keeper fencing do go into the "masts" have a slight clipping with the "sails". A Classic Bollard go into the Captain's Wheel Replica Helm to make the ship's helm. The cannons are made of Industrial Grade End caps on top of a nightstand with Industrial Grade End Caps also serving as wheels; there is a slight clipping with the bottom of the Industrial Grade End Caps on the top of the nightstand. The unpolished geodes which are the "cannonballs" did clip into each other a little when I tried to stack them. Rustic Walls shelves and Wide Industrial Reinforcement Beams clip into each other and the Master Chef Shelf (used for the upper bunk bed platform); I was trying to make a ladder in a small space (because the pool ladders looked out of place) hence the Wide Industrial Reinforcment Beams and Rustic Wall Shelf "ladder" which has some clipping. Hollyhocks and Irises are massed near the bridge between the picnic area and the lighthouse. In the front of the lot, Capt Chaz MacFreeling's Galleon goes into the Rocking Coffee Table deliberately; I was trying to hide the platform bottom of the Galleon sculpture. The Rockin Cofee Table is deliberately pushed into the The Saint's Anchor in an effort to make it look like the stone of both were connected. In the lagoon, creeping thorns go into Alien Shrub 1a1z; I was trying to make colorful coral with branching dead areas. Alien mushroom 2a3b goes into Alien Mushroom 2a4b and 2a2b to make it look more like lush sea life. I did deliberately put ground covers (hedera, malva, pansies, etc.) under a lot of the plants and rocks in the picnic and lighthouse areas because I could not accent that area with terrain paint and felt it looked bare and plain.
    kFClSb1.png
    tHgGy68.png
    Capt. Brindleton in his cabin:
    MwjNiXl.png
    ccuNash.png
    On the deck with his cannons:
    lpEh7kQ.png
    Recreation area on the cliffs outside the lighthouse keeper's cottage:
    r3dtJ27.png

Sorry, I just noticed in the pics that some of my "cliffs" were mysteriously missing so I had to fix that and re-upload the lot.
    Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited February 2018
    Brindlleton Museum/Park is such a very creatively designed build! @lsnishi :) It looks so very great! Very nice layout of the build! The design of the ship looks so very nice! The sails are a great touch, the water around the ship looks great, and the canons are very creative! Very nice design of the lighthouse! The red and white colour of it looks very nice. It is a nice touch that kids can also play on their own pirate ship. Very nice cabin area. The red curtains, brown wall paneling and stained glass windows look very nice and go well together. The captain will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar in his cabin. Very nice outdoors dining and chess area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating them outdoors in the air at the picnic tables, under the shade of the white blossom tree.
    It is a very special ship themed build! :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    I have nearly finished the advanced judging and I have to say sorry its taking so long but you guys only have yourselves to blame haha (not really but it sounds good). Spectacular restaurants that are making it soooo tough to judge because there is just so much beauty and creativity to see. Your all winners in my eyes but geesh its tough picking a winner and trust me when I saw it comes down to a hair
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @lsnishi Holy [insert profanity] lsnishi! That pirate ship looks absolutely amazing! The attention to detail is just ridiculous :open_mouth:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    9TkPZAb.png
    Challenge 58 Advanced Results and Judges Awards are now posted on page 1
    That was super tough to judge and I simply couldn't decide between the winners, everyone did such an amazing job

Challenge 58 Advanced Results and Judges Awards found here
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    Congratulations to the winners and everyone for your absolutely spectacular efforts on the romantic restaurants and couples
    To the winners here are your awards, banners and sigs. Please save them to your computers

@coolsim9999999, @Liziann1, @Ainsleyf & @Liz_GoBucks

vaNO3fb.png9qwcKki.png
    zl2daXj.pngLpbxOCU.png

@LadyAlexiel
    uQSl3T7.jpg
    RcGd90l.jpg

@leashahampton
    DgqaEcl.jpg
    6D4UjQr.jpg

@emere
    wxXHSWL.jpg
    utVR7cQ.jpg

@chips46
    oel1aFC.jpg
    BUvf5aN.jpg

@lsnishi
    1XDLc33.jpg
    yvSv8wV.jpg

@LadyAlexiel
    4vOHNcS.jpg
    UZYTZsI.jpg

@coolsim9999999
    ci18P3z.jpg
    hq2B8DW.jpg

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh wow! Must have been tough with a three way split for first place! Yikes!

Well done guys, congrats on winning @emere @chips46 and @lsnishi :blush:

Congrats on receiving the judge’s awards! @coolsim9999999 @Liziann1 @Ainsleyf and @Liz_GoBucks !

By the way @LadyAlexiel , special shout out for winning the Sim contest as well as your level in the build comp! That's impressive! :smiley:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Wow, this is the first Advanced Lot Challenge that I've ever won! Congrats to co-winners @emere and @chips46; you guys are such wonderful builders that I always feel I have to up my game to even stay in the same level with you.

Congrats on the judges awards @coolsim9999999, @Liziann1, @Ainsleyf and @Liz_GoBucks. Great restaurants all of you!

Thanks @Laebeth for the comment on my Monument build. The ship took a loooong time to figure out how to build. even getting those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 curtains to stay on the masts took a lot of experimentation. But I'm really happy with how it turned out!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    Thank you for the congratulations @rosemow and for your wonderful comments on my monuments build! :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited February 2018
    Congratulations on winning the advanced level! @emere, @chips46 and @lsnishi and on getting judge's awards @Liziann1 @Ainsleyf and @Liz_GoBucks Great Valentine’s Day restaurants B)!

Congratulations on your first advanced level lot win @lsnishi B)!

Thank you very much for my Judge's award @cbear13 B)<3!

Thanks so much for your congratulations @rosemow @Laebeth and @lsnishi B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Totally, totally awesome monument build @lsnishi B)! I love the intricate details <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you @coolsim9999999; hope you're going to submit a monument build too!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited February 2018
    You're welcome @lsnishi!

Yes, I'm still working on my monument --- thanks for asking B) . I couldn't work on it yesterday because I came down with a bad cold, but I feel a little better today, so I think I'll do at least some of it today, but I'll probably finish tomorrow or the next day :). I have to finish decorating inside, and alt some stuff outside, as well as a few odds and ends before I playtest.
    Yesterday, I just played with my main family for non-challenges, and they hung out with their extended family. It was fun. Sometimes, I miss them when I've been building constantly, but I think we all can relate to that...lol :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

Can't wait to see your build! And I think with the new pack coming out, they'll be several of us cutting down our building time to play the new pack. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top