Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Do you have a lot of CC/Mods in your game? One piece could be causing the problem.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • _louwewe_louwewe Posts: 3 New Member
    I just installed Get Together and Laundry Day and the february 22nd patch was automatically installed via origin. Ever since then (can't tell which one caused it) whenever I try to place a lot, I'm stuck on an infinite loading screen. I've tried placing the lot in neighborhood editing as well as directly in the lot. Also have tried on different lots and worlds and the same thing happens and the only way to get out is to force quit. I've since created a new Sims 4 folder like recommended and tried with the brand new one but it still doesn't work. Please help!

My specs:

Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB
    Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Official EA DLCs: get to work, city living, get together, cats and dogs, parenthood, laundry day

no antivirus

background tasks: Time Machine

I had cc installed previously but have since moved them all out of my sims4 folder
    Do you have any mods running in your game? They may not be updated for the latest patch.
    no mods either still freezes with a completely new sims 4 folder
  • KaytasiaKaytasia Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everyone! I no longer have any of the previous issues I've discussed in this thread about my game, however new problems have surfaced since maybe yesterday. (This has a lot of explaining to it, but please bare with me :smile: )
    Before I begin, I will list my Mac specs:

" Model: Macbook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
    Update Version: macOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.1
    Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Startup Disk: Macintosh HD (says it has 121 GB total of flash storage)
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB "

Anyways, about 2 weeks ago Sims 4 was refusing to open because I initially had all of my Origin (only game i have on origin is Sims 4 I should note), and Sims 4 CC stuff on my iCloud Storage. It only had 5 GB that came with it and I do NOT plan to pay monthly for iCloud storage. And I had loads of CC - cool, understandable.. but also since no one has decided to create a Mod Conflict Detector for Mac players yet (if there is one please don't hesitate to inform me), it is hard for me to know if theres any pesky CC that needs to be removed, or if certain CC relies on another cc to function (a recolor, etc). So I talk to my uncle who works with computers (predominantly PC's, I assume), and he can't really help me bc he isn't familiar with Sims or Macbooks for that matter, but he does kinda help me switch my Electronic Arts folder from the iCloud to the "Documents - Local" file.
    Everything was going fine from them. I ever so tediously spent days getting my CC back (thats a long, but irrelevant story) and adding some new CC bc now I had more space for it on my Macintosh HD Flash Storage (I don't have much on my Macbook besides Sims related stuff. I had a new update (my current update) for my Macbook for some time now, and I didn't bother to have it update (I don't think I had space for that in the first place). Everything else was fine, I was building houses and other things in Newcrest, until YESTERDAY the new patch (Feb 22nd) decided it was a mandatory update and welcomed itself to update in Origin. So me, trying to be calm and patient waited for it to update, it "finishes" its updating cycle just for the "Update Failed" pop up to appear..... apparently, I no longer have storage for it to update... I am now scrambling around to delete some cc (keeping in mind that I can't delete dependent cc), and still it can't update. I'm now getting "Your disk is almost full" notifications and i've tried everything (I deleted apps I don't use, s4s, etc) and its still not enough. My computer is stressing out and notifying me that my "application storage is full" and that i need to close/relaunch some tabs, and while i try to do that my mac freezes to the point where i have no choice but to completely shut off and turn back on my computer.
    This process of me trying to find the culprit cycled for at least SIX TIMES. So, I eventually open up my "About This Mac" tab and looked on my storage tab. Only had a little bit of MB's available "of 121.12 GB". I deleted off my computer what was possible to delete (Chess takes up like 88 MB but I can't delete it, and I don't even USE it!), I even got so impatient, desperate, and heated I deleted my WHOLE ENTIRE Sims 4 folder and emptied the trash can (stupid, I know but I was in the heat of the moment until it sunk in how much cc was gone and all of my hard work put into my builds were wiped out from existence). I open up Sims 4, STILL won't update cause theres no drive storage left... I look at the Macintosh HD flash storage and as of right now it says, "17.7 MB available of 121.12 GB" with System Storage taking up "85.8 GB" (I don't know if this is truly insane or if i'm just a complete 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and I'm missing something..) :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: ?!?!?
    It seems I can never catch a break with Sims 4, and I am most definitely NEVER buying anything Macbook related for Sims ever again. This whole experience definitely makes me miss my PC, even though it was busted up, old, and slow, I'd honestly take it back in a heartbeat, Sims 4 ran slow on it but at least I actually had storage to use it!
    To make a VERYY long story short, I have deleted almost everything off my computer but my flash storage is full, and I can't update sims without any storage. I'm practically locked out of my Sims game, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice, or if I did/am doing something wrong? I feel silly for even asking because I feel as if the craziest game complications only happen to me. Is there a way around storage issues for Sims? (with CC, no offense, but I can NEVER be a Maxis player, never) Should I just give up, cut my losses, and save up for a bigger and better laptop/computer specifically for Sims? Please and thank you in advance! (P.S.: If you need me to expand on anything, please lmk!)
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @Kaytasia your issue is really simple - your machine has 128Gb storage. You cannot upgrade this. It is not a Mac issue as it would affect any computer, Mac or PC, with 128Gb storage. In fact, MacOS takes up less room than Windows on the internal drive. When you buy your next computer, Mac or PC, consider how much storage you will need before purchasing. How big is your Mods folder BTW?
    apple-signature.png
  • angelrose007angelrose007 Posts: 6 New Member
    Can anyone please help I'm getting this error message when try and download the new update

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe to EAPatch error: unknown error 0x00002003: File write failure /Volumes/jos mac hd 2/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp [Class: 3 SysErr: -1 ErrId: 8195] at (:0) Ctx: /Volumes/jos mac hd 2/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

I have changed the location to my external hard drive where I have moved the game to, but it keeps trying to put it on my old hard drive which I have partitioned bc of space.

Many thanks
    Can anyone please help I'm getting this error message when try and download the new update

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe to EAPatch error: unknown error 0x00002003: File write failure /Volumes/jos mac hd 2/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp [Class: 3 SysErr: -1 ErrId: 8195] at (:0) Ctx: /Volumes/jos mac hd 2/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

I have changed the location to my external hard drive where I have moved the game to, but it keeps trying to put it on my old hard drive which I have partitioned bc of space.

Many thanks

Your problem is quite simple. If you move the game to any external hard drive or cloud drive, Origin will not recognize your game. Your game must always be on your local Hard Drive. You can certainly keep copies of your saves and such on any external drive, but you cannot play the game from one.

Many thanks

Your problem is quite simple. If you move the game to any external hard drive or cloud drive, Origin will not recognize your game. Your game must always be on your local Hard Drive. You can certainly keep copies of your saves and such on any external drive, but you cannot play the game from one.

Well... you can install the game on an external drive but your user data (saves, CC etc.) is always stored on the internal drive. What you can't do is just move an existing installation to an external without then going into Origin > Preferences > Installs & Saves and redirecting the installation location to the external drive, which is what I suspect the user has done.
    apple-signature.png
    So can I copy the game over to the internal hd I use now or do I have to reinstall the game from scratch?
    So can I copy the game over to the internal hd I use now or do I have to reinstall the game from scratch?

Is it just the game app on your external drive? If so then move it into your Applications folder then make sure Origin knows where it is by checking the path as detailed in my previous post.

apple-signature.png
    Thank you so much Bluebellflora! I copied the app over and it has worked.
    Thank you so much Bluebellflora! I copied the app over and it has worked.

Great!

apple-signature.png
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @Kaytasia your issue is really simple - your machine has 128Gb storage. You cannot upgrade this. It is not a Mac issue as it would affect any computer, Mac or PC, with 128Gb storage. In fact, MacOS takes up less room than Windows on the internal drive. When you buy your next computer, Mac or PC, consider how much storage you will need before purchasing. How big is your Mods folder BTW?

I can't see it anymore bc I deleted it, hoping to make more space so I can update (and since I use tumblr as a mini "folder"/documentation of my mods/cc it wouldn't take much to re-download all of them (it would take awhile tho)) and add the cc back. But as a rough estimate, it was a lot of GB.. not a ridiculous amount of GB though, I seriously don't have a closer estimate.. so sorry :(
    > @Kaytasia said:
    > > @BluebellFlora said:
    > > @Kaytasia your issue is really simple - your machine has 128Gb storage. You cannot upgrade this. It is not a Mac issue as it would affect any computer, Mac or PC, with 128Gb storage. In fact, MacOS takes up less room than Windows on the internal drive. When you buy your next computer, Mac or PC, consider how much storage you will need before purchasing. How big is your Mods folder BTW?
    >
    > I can't see it anymore bc I deleted it, hoping to make more space so I can update (and since I use tumblr as a mini "folder"/documentation of my mods/cc it wouldn't take much to re-download all of them (it would take awhile tho)) and add the cc back. But as a rough estimate, it was a lot of GB.. not a ridiculous amount of GB though, I seriously don't have a closer estimate.. so sorry :(

Okay, I found an old file from my old CC from my PC that is a shared folder on my Mac... It takes up about 3.02 GB.. so I would assume my cc storage count was around 2.0 GB-3.5 GB.. no more or less than that.
  • simsty_9simsty_9 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey @BluebellFlora :)

So i just got the sims4 and ive been downloading lots of cc and it won't allow me to open the game if any of the files are .package, i tried converting them to .zip files and they showed up in the custom content thing in the main menu but didn't show in the actual game itself. I'm really getting upset and frustrated because i was so excited for the custom content :( if you or anyone else is willing to help explain why its happening and how to fix it i'd be extremely grateful :))

My specs:
    OSX El Capitan
    Model: early 2015 macbook air (13 inch)
    Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

and the error message i receive

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Users/***********/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/hair/Julian Hair by BADKARMA.package

[60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]
    @Kaytasia quite big but not huge.

@simsty_9 Your Mods folder must only have .package files in it. That error message is telling you that that specific CC item is corrupted so you need to remove it. You can see my CC items here as .package files:

mods-folder.png
    apple-signature.png
  • simsty_9simsty_9 Posts: 2 New Member
    @BluebellFlora i've tried removing all the ones that they say are corrupted but it just goes through one by one with every file i try
    Sorry for the repost but I'm still having the same issue, infinite loading when trying to place a lot

I just installed Get Together and Laundry Day and the february 22nd patch was automatically installed via origin. Ever since then (can't tell which one caused it) whenever I try to place a lot, I'm stuck on an infinite loading screen. I've tried placing the lot in neighborhood editing as well as directly in the lot. Also have tried on different lots and worlds and the same thing happens and the only way to get out is to force quit. I've since created a new Sims 4 folder like recommended and tried with the brand new one but it still doesn't work. Please help!

My specs:

Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB
    Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Official EA DLCs: get to work, city living, get together, cats and dogs, parenthood, laundry day

no antivirus

background tasks: Time Machine

I had cc installed previously but have since moved them all out of my sims4 folder-also no mods
    Try these two things. However, before that set Origin to manual update. It will save you headaches in the end especially if you plan to add mods and CC in the future.

1) Repair your game in Origin. Or...

2) Move your Sims 4 folder to the Desktop. Do Not Delete It! Start up your game and allow a fresh Sims 4 to regenerate. Your saved games are in the Folder on your Desktop, so you will not see them in your game. Start a new game and see if the problem still occurs.

Let us know if the problem still occurs after trying this.
  • shannon17dshannon17d Posts: 4 New Member
    Urg, so i have been playing jungle adventures for a couple days now.. randomly today my sim tried to enter the jungle again and after clearing the vines at the first gate i click 'travel through' - but my sim WONT travel through.. i have tried everything. He has a thought bubble showing that an excavation pile is in his way? waving his arms, and cant go past like its in his way? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP i have spent way to much time with this sim in the jungle to not complete my collections...

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
    1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
    MacOS high Sierra, 10.13.1
    Cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, cool kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, back yard stuff, jungle adventures,

No antivirus or clean up apps

No background tests

No mods or ccs
  • unicorn_h0eunicorn_h0e Posts: 4 New Member
    I need help!!
    When the game updates, I always take my mods out of my folder and put them back.
    When I had the latest update, I put my mods back, restarted the game and ticked 'allow mods'
    But the mods that were applied to my sims eg. eyelashes/makeup (all of that) disappeared on my sims.
    (but they still come up in the editing your sims in CAS)
    I cannot be bothered to go through all of my sims and re-apply all of the CC that I had previously placed on them.
    I have tried everything ?
    -Restarted the game
    -I got my saved sims from the gallery- the CC is on the saved sims, but it doesn't show up in in CAS (Maybe i saved it twice? Is that possible)
    Also, for example, careers wise, if I were to replace the CC free sim to the saved CC sim (from my personal gallery) the career would be restarted (which makes sense, but I just want the CC that was on the Sims to BE THERE)
    -Sorted out ALL of my 500+ mods and put them in folders, added them back to electronic arts mods folder one at a time....
    -Got rid of bad CC/Mods

Computer: Mac OS Sierra :)
  • caroline_simscaroline_sims Posts: 31 Member
    I opened sims 4 today after I deleted a bunch of files off my mac. When I opened ts4 a bunch of tutorials popped up like I was a first time player. when I exited out of the tutorials none of my families saved. I looked in my finder and opened my mods and saves and nothing is there. I think i might of deleted everything!!!! :s IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO PLZ HELP!!!!!!!
    I also tried a bunch of things to fix it but none of them worked I hope i didn't screw it up more
    Computer Info:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB