Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tarot Major Arcana Mafia Round 2 - Reversed Cards (Mafia) Win!

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
edited March 2018 in Off Topic Chat

Welcome to Iceman's Tarot Mafia Game!

ltpYRwn.jpg?1

Welcome to Madame Levesque's Fortune Telling Wagon, where the fates of her clients are in the cards. Specifically, YOU. As part of a tarot deck, you are but one of Madame Levesque's tools in divining the fortune of her restless clientele. Each one of you represents an archetype that's popular in the collective human unconscious, each of which broadly represents a different facet of life. Reversed tarot cards represent the darker side of an archetype, and can spell misfortune for a client. It's up to the upright cards to decide who among the cards are reversed, and to discard them in order to prevent an impending disaster. The reversed cards have a few tricks up their sleeve, however...

Rules and Guidelines
  • I can accommodate 8-16 players.
  • Days will last 18 hours and nights will last 6 hours in real time, except when a player is hammered (see below). Later in the game when there are fewer players, this will be shortened and players will be given notice. The duration can be adjusted depending on the circumstances.
  • Do not talk about the game in private with other players, unless both of you are already discarded from the game.
  • DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS
  • When voting, make sure to either bold it or put it in ALL CAPS for me to see it easily. (e.g. Vote: Jan or VOTE: OLCAY)
  • If the majority of living players vote one player (e.g. 7/12 players vote Simone), then that person is immediately discarded and night begins. Night will still last 6 hours, and the remaining time allotted for day will carry over to the next day. Make sure to submit your actions early just in case.
  • Role claiming is allowed. It's up to you to decide if you believe a person's claim or not.
  • Avoid talking about the game during night. You're all supposed to be asleep, after all. Talking off-topic is fine.
  • Discarded players can still post off-topic, but they can't influence the game by offering their opinions.
  • In the case of a tie, the person who has held the most votes the longest will be lynched.
  • If you have a night action and you don't submit anything, your action will be skipped over for that night. Make sure to turn in your actions early if you expect to be gone for more than a day.
  • Try to be active from time to time. A Mafia game is more fun when all players post on the thread.
How does this work?

Short version

This works just like any other regular Mafia game. You will receive your role, and any power you can use if your role has one. I will use different terms to suit the theme, but the game plays out the same.
  • Upright cards - Town
  • Reversed cards - Mafia
  • Discarded - Lynched/killed
Long version

There are a total of twenty-two possible cards that may be assigned to you, taken from the major arcana of a tarot deck. Some of these cards possess the potential to perform powers throughout the game. Any of these cards can be upright (town) or reversed (Mafia), and a specific card's power may change depending on whether it's upright or reversed.

I will randomize which cards will be included. As a rule of thumb, 1/4 of the players will receive power roles, so if there are 12 players, 3 of them will have powers. Among the possible power roles, some of them will have their powers activated for this game, while the others will remain powerless, so it's entirely possible for an Empress card to have power or not, for example.

As a rule of thumb, 1/4 of the total number of players will be reversed or Mafia-aligned as well. The reversed cards are guaranteed to have 1 power role, while the others can only kill each night. So if there are 12 players, one of the 3 power roles will be reversed, while the other two are upright. In this case, there will be 7 powerless upright cards, 2 powered upright cards, 1 powered reverse card, and 2 powerless reversed cards.

Here are the possible cards you may receive:

The Fool - New beginnings and limitless potential
2-shot Mimic - Twice per game, at night, you can ask to copy another player's power. For that night, you will be able to use the power of another player in the game, drawn at random. If you randomly receive a power from a player with an opposing alignment (e.g. a reversed mimic gains the power of an upright power card), you will perform your alignment's version of that power.
Wtqfrnc.png

The Magician - Resourcefulness and Concentration
Powerless
9iWBCZx.png

The Priestess - Intuition and Insight
Upright: 2-shot Cop - Twice per game, at night, you can investigate another player to learn if they're upright or reversed.
Reversed: 2-shot Role Cop - Twice per game, at night, you can investigate another player to learn their card and whether they have any powers.
HhkLW0I.png

The Empress - Fertility and Maternity
Upright: Doctor - At night, you can protect yourself or another player from getting discarded. You can only protect yourself once for the whole game.
Reversed: 1-shot Poisoner - Once per game, at night, you may poison another player. If that player survives the following day, s/he will be discarded the following night and will be announced to have your role and alignment, while that player's true card will be revealed in the private factional chat. Otherwise, the poison backfires and you will be discarded the following night instead.
uLvsniU.png

The Emperor - Structure and Authority
Upright: 2-shot Jailkeeper - Twice per game, at night, you may choose to lock a player in jail. That player's power action, if any, will fail that night, but that player will also be safe from getting discarded.
Reversed: 1-shot Interceptor - Once per game, at night, you may intercept all other power roles in the game, guaranteeing failure for all their actions.
rBvNAN7.png

The Pope - Tradition and Beliefs
Powerless
zz0ATq1.png

The Lovers - Relationships and Choices
Upright: Mason - At the beginning of the game, you will be given a private chat with a random player in the game, wherein you can discuss your thoughts during the day or night. Your mason lover is guaranteed to be upright.
Reversed: 1-shot Mass Redirector - Once per game, at night, you may choose another player in the game. For that given night, all actions performed by the upright power roles will be redirected to that person.
vyRzg29.png

The Chariot - Willpower and Determination
Upright: 1-shot Bulletproof - Once per game, at night, whenever a player performs an action that would cause you to be discarded, that action will be prevented. You will be informed when this happens.
Reversed: 2-shot roleblocker - Twice per game, at night, you may choose another player. If that player performs an action for that night, it will fail.
baqFnSI.png

Justice - Truth and Justice
Upright: Innocent Child - Once per game, during the day, the innocent child may PM the host to reveal his/her status as the innocent child. The host will confirm his/her role in the thread.
Reversed: Godfather - You are immune to all investigative and tracking roles
NDzwJR0.png

The Hermit - Introspection and Inner Guidance
Powerless
SxkKGS1.png

The Wheel of Fortune - Luck and Destiny
Powerless
uOitZQu.png

Strength - Strength and Courage
Powerless
RKLDwl1.png

The Hanged Man - Suspension and Sacrifice
Powerless
TNKKcTB.png

Death - Endings and Transformation
1-shot Vigilante - Once per game, at night, you may choose to discard another player. If reversed, you may use your power alongside the factional discard performed by another teammate, allowing you to possibly discard two players in a single night.
oLmfduf.png

Temperance - Balance and Moderation
2-shot Jack-of-all-Trades - You will receive two random active powers appropriate to your alignment, each of which can be used once per night in the game. (e.g. 1 investigation and 1 doctor save for an upright Temperance) It can be possible that some of these powers don't belong to any player for that particular game.
QvMoxLh.png

The Devil - Bondage and Materialism
Powerless
e70XAIn.png

The Tower - Disaster and Revelation
Powerless
i2UdmQy.png

The Star - Hope and Renewal
2-shot Tracker - Twice per game, at night, you can choose another player and see whether they visited anyone that night.
PlxoptI.png

The Moon - Fear and Anxiety
Special Effect: If the Sun and Moon are both in the game, they will have their own private chat. The alignment of either card is not guaranteed.
9KLcMpn.png

The Sun - Success and Positivity
Special Effect: If the Sun and Moon are both in the game, they will have their own private chat. The alignment of either card is not guaranteed.
SjqW0zy.png

Judgment - Judgment and Absolution
1-shot Pollster - Once per game, during the day, you may PM the host the names of two other players. If both are still alive the next day, they will be the only eligible candidates for discarding for that day. If one of them is dead, you will take that person's place. If both are dead, you will be discarded. You may only use this while more than half of all players are still in play.
zaMZTXw.png

The World - Completion and Integration
Powerless
5xVRdlP.png

Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
Post edited by icmnfrsh on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited March 2018
    Players
    1. Sonschi, Powerless Reversed Chariot, Wins Day 3
    2. EmzyDalsvida/Emily, Powerless Upright Emperor, Discarded Day 3
    3. Idontrcall/Lala, Powerless Upright Magician, Endgamed Day 3
    4. bellagorilla/Bella, Powerless Upright Hermit, Endgamed Day 3
    5. DatSubmarineYourLookingFor/Sub, Empowered Reversed Temperance, Wins Day 3
    6. Zinniavanilla/Zinnia, Empowered Upright Lovers, Discarded Night 1
    7. xHeliodora/Helio, Powerless Upright Empress, Discarded Day 2
    8. TheRoseHorse/Rose, Upright Fortune, Discarded Night 2
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited March 2018
    Round One

Game Summary

Day/Night Links
    Day 1
    Night 1
    Day 2
    Night 2
    Day 3
    Reversed Cards Win

Final Vote Counts
    Vote Count Day 1

Emily votes Helio
    Helio votes Emily
    Sonschi votes No Lynch
    Lala votes No Lynch

Emily unvotes
    Rose votes No Lynch
    Emily votes No Lynch
    Bella votes No Lynch

No Lynch - Sonschi, Lala, Rose, Emily, Bella
    Emily - Helio

Vote Count Day 2

Helio votes Sonschi
    Lala votes Helio
    Sonschi votes Helio
    Bella votes Helio
    Emily votes Helio
    Rose votes Helio

Helio - Lala, Sonschi, Bella, Emily, Rose
    Sonschi - Helio

Vote Count Day 3

Lala votes Sonschi
    Lala unvotes
    Sonschi votes Emily
    Sub votes Emily
    Lala votes Emily
    Bella votes Emily

Emily - Sonschi, Sub, Lala, Bella

Night Actions
    Pregame:
    Sub receives the following powers: Role Cop, Poisoner
    Zinnia enters a mason chat with Rose

Night 1:
    Sub kills Zinnia

Night 2:
    Sonschi kills Rose
    Sub poisons Bella

edited February 2018
    You may now post.

@Idontrcall @Sonschi Are you still interested?

• MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    YES PLEASE :love:
    That was fast. :D Be sure to go over the roles. I've modified some of the existing ones.

I was reading the current thread as the notification popped up ^^

I will do it later ^^ I'll go back playing Sims now. I finally finished my huge house.
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I'll play! But I think after this game I will need a break
    I'll play! But I think after this game I will need a break

Me too

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Iceman!!!!! You forgot me!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I want in on this!!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    You may now post.

Idontrcall Sonschi Are you still interested?
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Iceman!!!!! You forgot me!

I'll take that as a yes, then. :D

• SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Slightly confused- but sign me up!
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Oh, I would like to play, please.

If I am powerless again, I hope I get magician.
    unknown.png
    Slightly confused- but sign me up!

Basically some of the cards are possible power roles, and I'll randomize which ones will be included in the game. And each card's alignment is randomized. You'll understand it as you play, and the round 1 players can tell you how it works.

questions:

Is it a closed, semi-open or open setup? (I admit, I haven't read the instruciton yet...)
    Who are Jan and Oclay? :D
    Sonschi wrote: »
    questions:

Is it a closed, semi-open or open setup? (I admit, I haven't read the instruciton yet...)

Semi-open, just like the first round.

Jan and Olcay are contestants in the current season of Wie is de Mol. Alleen persuaded me to watch, and it's really exciting. :D

questions:

Jan and Olcay are contestants in the current season of Wie is de Mol. Alleen persuaded me to watch, and it's really exciting. :D

Semi-open like we get to know the role/alignment after a death but we're not sure which cards are actually used in the game? Sorry, I can't remember the first round that well xD My brain tries to forget that massive failure of mine
    questions:

Semi-open like we get to know the role/alignment after a death but we're not sure which cards are actually used in the game? Sorry, I can't remember the first round that well xD My brain tries to forget that massive failure of mine

Full reveal, so you'll know what role and alignment a person is on death/discard. Semi-open since you'll know which cards and roles are possible, but not the ones actually used in the game.

Ah, thank you :)

And you can't believe (or actually you probably do) how relieved I am there are only 8 players (even if you mentioned something about more at some point...)
    It's actually 8-16 just like last time, so I can accept more players.

:# Will you set a deadline until you accept players?

:# Will you set a deadline until you accept players?

Yeah. Maybe until Wednesday next week.

I read the cards now (soooo amazing! This will be fun) and I have a few questions. Again xD

1. All roles can be either upright or reveresed, right? Like all the powerless ones and also the once where the power has no difference between upright and reversed mentioned, e.g. Fool. And what about Temperance (JOAT) , Star (Tracker) and Judgement (Pollster)? I only know JOAT as scum, Tracker as town and the Judgment one looks a bit scum-balanced if reversed? I might be wrong tho xD (Lack of knowledge of roles as usual...)
    2. I don't understand the reversed version of the Empress (Poisoner), mainly the bolded part and with the poison attack not working.
    3. Can Lovers (Mason) have a PM with a mafioso? I guess you will randomize the partner.
    4. Sun and Moon can be both, reversed or upright, can't they?
    5. Mafia has day talk?

I think that's it for now with my questions xD I just want to clear them before the roles are sent out so you can't use it in game to guess the role.

Be prepared that I ask a lot more questions :D
    1. Mafia trackers do exist. And town JOATs are possible. Some of the roles work the same whether upright or reversed.
    2. If the poisoned target gets lynched or killed by a vigilante, the poisoner dies. But if the poisoning is successful, the target will die and will be announced to be the reversed Empress, while the true Empress will find out the victim's real role.
    3. Lovers is guaranteed to be in a mason chat with an upright card, as stated in the description.
    4. Sun and Moon can be either alignment. If they're both reversed, nothing happens because they already have a Mafia chat.
    5. Mafia has day talk.

1. Mafia trackers do exist. And town JOATs are possible. Some of the roles work the same whether upright or reversed.
    2. If the poisoned target gets lynched or killed by a vigilante, the poisoner dies. But if the poisoning is successful, the target will die and will be announced to be the reversed Empress, while the true Empress will find out the victim's real role.
    3. Lovers is guaranteed to be in a mason chat with an upright card, as stated in the description.
    4. Sun and Moon can be either alignment. If they're both reversed, nothing happens because they already have a Mafia chat.
    5. Mafia has day talk.

I should have put on my glasses :joy:

Thank you :)