Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Not Goodbye

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
So this is probably one of the hardest posts that I've ever had to write in my career.

I never thought that I'd actually get the opportunity to work on one of my favorite video game franchises, with one of my favorite studios, and with the most amazing development team that I've had the pleasure of working with. Now, almost three years later, I'm getting ready to say good bye to all of my amazing co-workers and to this amazing community. I've been having to prepare for this day for over a month now, which is a large part of why I've slowly been removing myself from engaging with you all, and there have definitely been good days (jokes and smiles) and bad days (lots of crying) leading up to when things will be coming to an end.

Next week will be my last week as your Global Community Manager and with EA.

I wanted to spend sometime in this post talking about all of you. We've all shared some ups and downs together, it was definitely a bumpy road when I joined and I inherited a lot of anger with regards to content that was missing from the game. In that time a lot of you talked to me, either publicly or privately, about stuff you wished to see and suggestions for how to build better transparency with all of you. Out of that came the Quarterly Teasers, more relaxed communication with the SimGurus, and The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack (one of my absolutely favorite projects to work on).

There is a lot to be said about your dedication to this franchise that most folks who don't play The Sims just won't understand (trust me, try explaining to someone who does not play about why not having Toddlers in the game was a big deal) but you continue to show your love and creativity with us every single day. You continue to provide us with feedback, let us know when we miss the mark and when we get it right, and you are all always so open with sharing your ideas for what you would like to see in the game (and others have gone a step further and created that content themselves for all of you to enjoy through Mods and CC.) You are a one of a kind community whose passion I could always relate too, even if I didn't play the way you did you were always so open with talking to me about what you feel would be great things to add to make your play style more enjoyable.

We all share a love for this franchise and studio that withstands it all and while I will be sad to not be here to be your voice I am looking to just being a fan once more.

To those I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to chat with me about things you want to see in the game, sharing your creativity and passion, and for all of the wonderful conversations we've had and the memories we've shared.

To everyone in these forums: Thank you. We've had our ups and downs, but you've all continued to be dedicated and open to sharing your thoughts / opinions and continuing to welcome more new folks to this space. Please be kind and understanding to whomever steps into my shoes, they will be taking on a lot but having you all as guides will make their jobs so much more fulfilling. Be open to sharing your play styles, your stories, your creations, and your passion with them and others.

To the wider community: Please remember that you are all part of this amazing and wonderful community, whether you are engaging only on Twitter, writing blogs on Tumblr, running fan sites, making guides, helping other players with troubleshooting, or creating content on YouTube / Twitch. You are ALL part of the community and ALL of your voices matter. Please continue to share your feedback and creations with the SimGurus, they love sharing your stuff with the entire team.

I have a new journey that will take me outside of California and while I am sad to be leaving you all I am excited for things to come.

If you want to keep up with me and chat about Sims things (keep in mind I won't speak about anything that isn't public) you can catch me on the following channels:

Twitter: @manadrake
Instagram: @manadrake
Twitch: Mana
YouTube: Mana Drake

I look forward to getting to chat with you all as a fan once more. So remember, it's not goodbye, just see you later <3
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I am very sad to see you go Amanda :(

But I hope your new opportunities bring you great success! You have definitely done a lot for this community, and you will be missed.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    we're gonna miss you drake, i hope where ever the wind takes you is somewhere great
    giphy.gif
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Thank you so much for your work. Good luck on your new experiences.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I've only been here a short while but I still want to thank you for all of your contributions, and wish you the best in all future endeavors!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    We miss you. I hope you have success in your next journey.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I am very sad to see you go Amanda :(

But I hope your new opportunities bring you great success! You have definitely done a lot for this community, and you will be missed.
    we're gonna miss you drake, i hope where ever the wind takes you is somewhere great
    giphy.gif

I love you guys so much!
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    So sorry to see you go Drake, I wish you every bit of success in your new adventure :heart:
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication. We aren't always an easy bunch to deal with, but you've handled it like a pro. You're going to be missed. I wish you all the best in your new endeavor and good luck with the next chapter of your life.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Good luck Amanda. It's been a fun experience for me and I hope for you. Wherever you are going is lucky to get you. Much respect and have fun!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I am curious to know where your going next.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Noooooooooooooo :cry::bawling::heartbreak:

Thank you so much for everything you’ve done, before you arrived it was like these forums had nothing but mods that just closed threads etc. but didn’t it felt like there was little reason to post feedback because it felt like no one from Maxis came on here. It was a once in a blue moon event.

You brought in the quarterly teasers that were so amazing, you introduced the live streams (I’m pretty sure they only used to do them once the pack was released). And also, gave a lot of Simmers the chance to gain an audience through YouTube and Twitch and other websites.

I’m sure whoever will fill your shoes will be amazing, but you’ve made the community so much better.

I’m not saying the Devs ever meant it, but it used to feel a lot like “us and them” and now it feels like the Devs and us are part of the same community and while that may have coincidentally started when you joined Maxis, I’d say you did a lot to make it better.

Thank you thank you thank you!

I hope the future is awesome for you!
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Happy trails, Drake. :) Good luck in your future endeavours.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Good luck on whatever new adventures await for you in the future... :) And it's been a pleasure having you as our community manager over the last couple or so years. I do believe that you are leaving the community in good hands with EA_Mage, EA_Lanna, EA_Leeloo and the other EA members as they all have been very helpful to the community... :)

I hope you do pop in once in awhile to visit as a fan... :)
  • jessthesimmerjessthesimmer Posts: 15 Member
    Good luck :)
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    I don’t be on the forum that much. But I saw your post and I‘m sad that you’re leaving. Good luck and have fun on your new journey of your new life Drake. Come visit us sometime to talk. :)
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Gosh! It will be so awkward to see a Sims live video without you! Thank you for your hard work with the community! We will miss you! Good luck Amanda!
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sorry to hear that you're leaving :'( , I always liked you as a Guru. But Good luck wherever life may take you :)
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Garrett_WHSGarrett_WHS Posts: 29 Member
    I was into the Sims 4 on the computer for awhile, then it stopped working on my computer so I had to stop playing it and hope that console would come out, which it did! Once it came out, I played it so much and I still do today. I first saw you on twitch for one of the stuff pack livestreams for console. When I found out that you were going onto better things, I was shocked for one, but I was also sad. We will miss you!! Good luck!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Good luck, Drake. :) And thank you for acknowledging the bad with the good, which at least shows that you guys are listening and are aware of our feedback as a community. It's refreshing to hear it straight without too much PR sugarcoating. At least we did get a lot of good things (like toddlers, better late than never), which I'm sure the devs worked really hard on. Kudos to you guys. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Well I wish you luck on the next chapter of your life! Its sad to see you go. Your actually one of the best community managers I've ever seen! You have always been active with the community and we are all grateful for all the time and effort you've put in for all of us!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Aw man - no more Drake giggles and oohs and ahs during live plays? Thats just sad. Your giggles are so infectious. You will be missed - both from behind the camera and as our go between.

May your future beam ever bright and happy as you are yourself.

It was nice getting to know you these three years - good luck and happy trails ahead of you.... Thank you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Good luck in your new endeavor. Although I (and many others) will certainly miss you, I hope that whatever it is you're doing will make you happy. And I just wanted to say, I really like your purple hair as well, getting my highlights done in purple soon. :)
  • xnlooxnloo Posts: 2 New Member
    This is really sad to read. Even though I'm still new to the forums, I hope you get the best in your journies and receive wonderful amounts of support!!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So sorry to see you go. I don't think I ever cried because a Guru was leaving :(.
    You did such a good job with what you were faced with. Gonna miss you and that hair...
    Now get out there and kick some butt, or rest and recuperate from it lol.. or or.. well either way good life to you.
    egTcBMc.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top