Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we do another one?

Comments

• everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    I would actually love to do it again, considering I missed out on the voting this time around!
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    Nope don't want this again. I was disappointed a bit by eco living winnin as it was but the complete utter shocking disappointment was when i found out it was laundry. :(
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    @SimGuruGraham: What does the studio say? Can we do another one? I liked the opportunity of being part of the developing process of a Sim game and I'd like to do it again! However, I'd like one twist: Let the community come up with ideas before starting the theme voting process.
    For a limited time Simmers could post their ideas here on the forums. After that the team at EAxis decides what five ideas are doable in a SP and then let the voting begin! :)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Nah. I didn't like how this voting process turned out.

I feel like something was fishy with this voting process. A good chunk of us didn't want Laundry Stuff.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Can we do a community Game Pack instead of a Stuff pack?, I'd be in that!
  • hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    I missed out on the first one. So I would absolutely love to participate if there was a second poll.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    If they do let us do another one, I hope Dangerous Stuff wins.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'd love to do another Stuff Pack voting, so many great ideas from the community came into the Laundry Day Stuff Pack.
    I'm wondering what the community wants after having done laundry. Starter Home, Dangerous, Wedding... or even 80s Arcade Stuff? :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Hmm... I think if they did one for a GP or EP I'd be in to try again...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    I would love to be able to vote again. I think it really opened up the community to some interesting discussions on what people would like in their games. Maybe even a vote on a Game Pack or an Expansion this time around. We mostly see the comment sections on Sims content being bombarded with "Omg please give us X expansion next" so I think a lot more people would vote if it was on an Expansion.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2018
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Nah. I didn't like how this voting process turned out.

I feel like something was fishy with this voting process. A good chunk of us didn't want Laundry Stuff.

Nah, Laundry was always a huge thing. There were petitions before they even announced the idea.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited January 2018
    I will be honest, the idea was great! BUT, I am still not sure how "the community" came together to "create" a pack and we got laundry! I do not like to do laundry in real life, I dang sure do not want to do it in Sims! Don't get me wrong I did buy the pack because I did want some of the more down to earth style options the pack including but laundry? How the heck did we get all the power to create what we want ... and we came out with laundry! I am still baffled!
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    idk if i want to do it with 5 new themes...i'm still sad about arcade stuff and wedding stuff :'( i hope they reconsider doing the ones that weren't chosen.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Yes and no for me. I liked that we got laundry but I would have hoped to have gotten more than just that for eco-living, I feel like it was rigged from the start as many simmers had already been asking for washing machines and the like. It was just set up to make it feel like we got to pick what we wanted.
    If a vote comes up again then it only should be for the type of pack we want and what type of gameplay we want like Living off the land with more farming/gardening gameplay or Wedding Pack with more wedding outfits and week-long honeymoons we can take the sims on but we want to go to.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think it's wise to give a STUFF pack another full year to get made.
    Let them be, they make them faster anyway
    Post edited by husseinandali on
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    Can we do a community Game Pack instead of a Stuff pack?, I'd be in that!
    Game Packs are too big.

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    I will be honest, the idea was great! BUT, I am still not sure how "the community" came together to "create" a pack and we got laundry! I do not like to do laundry in real life, I dang sure do not want to do it in Sims! Don't get me wrong I did buy the pack because I did want some of the more down to earth style options the pack including but laundry? How the heck did we get all the power to create what we want ... and we came out with laundry! I am still baffled!

....The sims community is a group you'd be better off not trying to understand :p@Mystik1978

Im sure a lot of the ones who voted for it are already bored .
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2018
    I think people might be to quick to jump in with the answer "no" because a lot of people feel disappointed that they didn't get what they wanted or asked for during the last vote. But the whole point of the vote was that everyone got to choose what they'd prefer and the majority vote won. Unfortunately for a lot of people it meant that their idea wasn't picked. Clearly enough of the community members voted for laundry stuff for it to be approved and eventually created. A lot of community members feel laundry is a really important feature in The Sims. After all it is a life simulation game. For me personally Laundry Day added a lot of realism, which is my favourite aspect of the large share of games I play. It's added another layer of enjoyment for me and I'm sure it has for a lot of other people that voted on it as well.

After saying all that, I don't think it's fair that people are saying no to another vote or community guided stuff pack just because their idea wasn't picked. It sort of spoils it for the rest of us. I'd love to do another vote. Everyone had some really interesting idea's and the input from the community was fantastic. Maybe next time it needs to be made clear that even though you voted your choice may not necessarily be picked.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I'm not sure if I want to do this again but would be all for them telling us what packs they are working on and giving us a vote as to what comes first.

I feel that it was a foregone conclusion that we would get Laundry after the last one.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I do like stuff in Laundry day but the pack itself is useless. I would rather appreciate actually GOOD and USEFUL addons - like freaking colorwheel or at least more style options. Or just separate styles options (like options for bed frame and separated options for bedding...). This is only thing that makes me mad and actually hating any packs that are released (except toddlers, because without toddlers I wouldn't be playing at all, it was super unrealistic and weird when babies grow up so fast).
    And if we can have colorwheel for pets fur (WHY??) we can have colorwheel at least for clothes/hairstyles... I made myself angry again.
    But yeah, I would do another community pack. But with something that doesn't add just new chores but something that is helpful/usefull all the time and repeatedly.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    colorwheel or at least more style options. Or just separate styles options (like options for bed frame and separated options for bedding...)

I cannot even begin to explain how awesome adding all of those would be. Its one of the reasons I prefer Sims 3 a little bit more than Sims 4. But it shouldn't be in a stuff pack or expansion pack. It should have been part of the base game.

f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Bonnie wrote: »
    colorwheel or at least more style options. Or just separate styles options (like options for bed frame and separated options for bedding...)

I cannot even begin to explain how awesome adding all of those would be. Its one of the reasons I prefer Sims 3 a little bit more than Sims 4. But it shouldn't be in a stuff pack or expansion pack. It should have been part of the base game.

Well, I remeber reading "why Sims 4 will never add toddlers" article like a week before they added them via patch. It is not impossible to have separate bedding/bed frame since we can now change style/color of pet bowl and dispenser seperately. And color wheel is not impossible too since we have colorwheel for pets fur. I am still hoping that they will add this via another big patch (like the one with toddlers). I am a builder and not having more (at least color) options is very frustating.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    ninjaconor wrote: »
    I think it would be a great idea. They probably have a better idea what kind of packs the community wants now.

I love how last time they offered such high-concept stuff like "Eco Living" and it basically got whittled down to an everyday thing like "Washing Machines". I think it shows how much people just want more everyday, normal stuff for The Sims 4.

I think, more than anything, people just wanted 'missing' content from the previous iterations, and wanted it yesterday. I don't think the lack of communication between the developers and the consumer helps either. It was probably more of a 'Oh no, we must get it now or maybe they'll never offer it again!' kind of deal. I wasn't able to vote for the theme, but if I had I would've picked Off The Grid.

Hopefully the devs don't get the wrong idea. Many people who voted for Eco Living didn't have laundry in mind.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    2tcn wrote: »
    Hopefully the devs don't get the wrong idea. Many people who voted for Eco Living didn't have laundry in mind.

I know I certainly didn't, but I know going by this poll, at least a majority of people that did buy it still generally enjoy doing laundry.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    I would love an architectural update pack.
    • Windows and Doors Swatches that match across the board. More consistency in colors. And That awful green that came with Cats and Dogs can go.
    • Columns that are actually interesting, such as half-brick/stone columns with wood posts on top. Thicker ones, not just skinny.
    • Fix roofs so that if there is an interior wall next to them, you can actually paint that wall instead seeing the sides of the roof
    • More carpets, the carpet selection is just pathetic.
    • More Victorian walls with some gaudiness to them, like real Victorian wallpaper.
    • IMHO would have been better to leave off all molding etc and make those a separate elements so you don't have to make a gazillion different wallpapers of the same color but different colored molding
    • Better Linoleum and Tile options. I'm really astonished that some of these only have one color. There should have been at least 5 per. They aren't that hard to make.
    • Outer wall elements for a gables
    • Spires
    • Spiral stair cases
    • Bi-level L-Shaped Stairs
    • Tri-Level U Shaped Stairs
    • Elevators
    • Stop forcing slots on walls, floors etc. People don't need to be told where to place everything. Sometimes we need to be more creative without having to use cheat codes to do it.
    • Pilasters
    • Keystones windows and doors
    • Pediments for windows and doors
    • Terms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_(architecture)
    • Witch Windows

Guess I may have to start making stuff again. LOL