Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Bloudwed, I'd say yes. That's what I did for one of my uncontrolable sims. Though I never followed that sim to work. I just send the sim off to work without me. I'm not sure, but I think the sim will be fired if you always ignore the message about going to work.

@Workingmum8, looks like @mojot89 already gave you the link to the rules for house 3.
  • Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you @mojot89. I've had a read through all 24 challenges now and this sounds really interesting. Definitely think I will give it a go.
    @Workingmum8, the challenge made the game more fun for me. Before this challenge I never got past the 3rd generation. Now I'm already playing with generation 13 :smiley:
    @illusie, I finished the Not So Berry challenge a little while ago, and that was the first time I had ever played through 10 generations. I've been looking for something to catch my interest like that did and I think this might be it. I started challenge 001 last night.
    @Workingmum8, that's great. Did you play that challenge in the sims 4? I wonder if it won't be hard because toddlers don't seem to inherent the nonnatural colours like blue or green hair.

Have fun with the /drifter Challenge!!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Hello everyone!! Real life took me away for a while but I am back with a new family now and starting on House 1. I just released Chapter 7 and 8 today if you want to come by and check out Carlee and her family. The link is in my signature- Drifter Challenge II. You can also see it here https://glimmer50.wordpress.com
    @illusie, I did play the Not So Berry Challenge on the Sims 4. The toddler hair thing didn't really bother me, I just changed it when they aged up.

I'm loving the drifter challenge so far, I think I played for about 6 hours straight yesterday, which is unusual for me. I always love it best when my sims are struggling so I think this will keep me entertained. The worst thing about the Berry challenge was the amount of money they had by the end. They were definitely living the high life, which I find a bit boring to play.
    edited February 2018
    @Glimmer50 welcome back! Great to see a new chapter. You should post the link of your store in the thread for challenge 1. If you ask Vishisha she can add it to the overview of all stories for house challenge 1. Now only the link to your old story is posted there.

@Workingmum8,glad that didn't bother you.
    I also get bored when my sims are getting too rich. That is why I love that you take the money away for each new generation
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Thanks @illusie I will let her know in challenge 1. Thanks for reading. :)
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Hallo all! I'm finally back to playing Sims after quite a while gone (burned myself out on the game working on my Switch challenge and then had health issues that are still ongoing). I spent the last couple weeks trying a bunch of other challenges, just playing around, and found myself thoroughly bored with most of them. They're either too easy or just frustrating. I missed Drifting! So after getting bored tonight, and a lot of consideration, I think I've made a decision to completely restart my Drifter save. The save file as I left it would take a bit of work to get back to playing (blog posts and pictures and such - I had played past what I had posted and have no desire to try to figure out what I'm missing in posts) .. and so much has changed in Sims 4 in the (nearly a whole) year I've been gone. So I spent a couple hours, cleaned out a brand new save, made a new family with a new name and just dove right back in to drifting. I will post a link to the new story when I get time to put it up. I do plan on finishing my Switch Challenge, as well, since it's so close to being done.. just have the last two parts to finish testing and publish. I just haven't felt well enough to completely dive back into that quite yet.

Anyway, just wanted to post and say hi to old friends. From a look over the rules, it looks like things are pretty much the same, just with some new caveats due to pets and parenting packs. Being able to tell kids to do homework will be so nice, though! Maybe this time I can get past house 7. (haha)
    Welcome back @IllusoryThrall. Sorry to hear about your health. I wish you a speedy recovery {hugs}
    That's great you are back into drifting. I can see why you are starting with a new family. There really are many changes in the sims. I'm tempted myself. I bet it is fun to start over.
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    @IllusoryThrall I understand on the burn out kinda stop on House 6 a year myself but got into this past week. Hope you get to feeling better and welcome back to drifting.
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    Welcome back, @IllusoryThrall ! I try to take breaks in simming every couple of months so I dont completely burn out myself. I'm just starting to get back into it. Make sure you post when you get them up and running! I would love to follow! Also, I wish you a speedy recovery! Health issues are no fun at all
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @IllusoryThrall Welcome back and I do hope that you feeling better now. I understand about burn out and sometimes its good to take a break. One thing you can guarantee on is that you will always have a warm welcome back. I look forward to seeing your new family.
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    Hey everyone!! Thinking of giving this a go, with a tiny twist. Mainly I will be playing with with the Lower Income mod by Satira at mts (@50% ) and the other mods she has that lower the amount you make for selling collectibles. These are a WIP for her so I will be adding them in as she finishes them. I am so looking forward to the struggle!!!!! One reason I always give up is there is no challenge plus youre stuck in the same place for so long. It is so easy to make money in this game, but I think with this new challenge and the money tweaks I may have met my match!! Also, I will be using the Sims4randomizer by katrisims for EVERYTHING that isnt dictated by the challenge. I am so bad at always using the same traits, skills, hair colors etc. I think that adds to my boredom with challenges also, so i decided to randomize! I will post updates as i go. I hope you guys find it interesting.

If you're bored, Im @pixelatedwoofums.tumblr.com
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
    Hi @Selarono, with that twist it will be a real challenge! Sounds fun!

That randomizer is just what I've been looking for. I've now been using a dice instead to decide hair, skin colour and such. Thanks for posting about it!
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    @Selarono That does sound like it will be difficult! I had a hard time on some of the houses with the easy money making haha! Also, that randomizer is amazing!
    @illusie That randomizer is life now! I love it! Not gonna lie, sometimes I roll a few times lol, but its mainly because i get things I always use or blah colors. I had one that was very white skin, super light eyes and grey hair. i just couldnt make her look not creepy. I am glad it helped!!!
    Id kind of like to find/make one for houses. With styles, zones, colors, stories, rooms etc. No idea where to even start though

@TheAmazingLee It is tough! I played a couple hours last night and have the basics on the lot, but building an actual house is going to be tough! And this is with just the work income limited. I may just stick with that! Im also adding collections to each one to coincide with their aspiration or career. This Sim got the chef aspiration so I am having her do the experimental foods images. I think the ones you kind of get as you play, fossils, trophys, plants will just kind of be collected as I go and teh the last one will be taxed with finishing them all up. We'll see how it goes!!!
    @selarono, I love that idea of a randomizer for houses. If you ever find/make something like that, let me know!
    Well, I finished my first level!!
    This is a picture of my founder! Bria McKee.
    Angler Aspiration,
    Traits- Loves Outdoors, Neat, Insider
    Career-Chef
    (Done by Randomizer)
    [img][/img]24y5it0.png

This is her little girl, Mayra McKee

[img][/img]IMG

The house - End Value 35,893

[img][/img]20jsfww.png

And a picture of the whole family right before I moved Mayra out.

140yadj.png

Now onto house 2!!! Im so excited!!

Your founder is pretty! Nice family picture! The husband looks familiar. When I played house 1 my sim married Paolo as well. Cute house! Good luck in house 2.
    @illusie He was the first sim that flirted back so I nabbed him!! He just died last night :( Mayra has a box for a house atm and is working on collections (I have yet to finish them all, so I figured 24 generations might give me enough time...MIGHT!!) I do love that we start out at zero money and with the half income from my jobs it really is making it tough, but I like it! I am depending more on gardening and finding stuff, so it helps me with the collecting!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Selarono I think your generation two girl is gorgeous.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thank you @mojot89. I've had a read through all 24 challenges now and this sounds really interesting. Definitely think I will give it a go.
    . I like each drift to be a surprise so I don’t allow myself to read the next house because I like the surprise of which lot, how may SiMs the objectives. I find it way more more fun not to peek!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top