Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature do you think needs to come back

Comments

• AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    People need to stop making polls about bringing Open World back.

It's not happening.

Are they gonna make any extra money getting rid of loading screens? No.

Are they gonna put in the resources/money/whatever they need to dismantle the game and rebuild it? No.

• Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    I would like to see both cars and colourwheels. However the trait system could also be improved, improved by a lot. It bugged me from day one, the trait system feels incomplete. For example in the sims 3 it always took me a lot of time to choose traits, since most of the time I couldn't choose between the massive amount of traits. This caused sims in the sims 3 to feel like they have a lot of in-depth personality. However the sims in the sims 4 feel like they are all the same, like there isn't enouh diversity. Possibly because there aren't any exciting traits to mess around with, and the ones we do have only seem to influence moodlet wise.
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    edited January 2018
    I really need story progression to come back. :disappointed: I've been moving Sims in a and out, adding babies, changing relationships myself, but it just gets so boring. I need the game to do it automatically.

Apart from that I would also love to see cars, police and robber and firefighters.

I would also love to see smaller things like more hair colours, more types of stairs, ladders, *functioning* elevators, memories like in TS2, improved family trees (seeing your Sim's uncles, aunties, cousins, nephews and nieces) and family trees for pets.
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • MysticTigg5MysticTigg5 Posts: 19 Member
    I think many of these little items that make the game a little more like real life and more interesting are needed. For some reason people always vote for having laundry to do. I admit it does add some element of real life but it isn't enough. I like newspapers, announcements, more going on in the world that I can interact with. Cars were a great addition to Sims 3. I would like to see larger worlds so that more/different public entertainment options are available. Who really goes to the museum much? But a public pool maybe would be used by many people. The bowling ally was a nice addition.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Cars!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2018
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    I voted for a graveyard.
    I use MCC Command mod for story progression.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I definitely don't want story progression, I like to control my own Sims. I'd love to have functioning graveyards, but I chose "other" because I feel that Fear is needed as a bigger priority in the game. Right now our Sims never experience fear and it's a real immersive gap for me. I still can't believe such a prominent, common emotion was left out of the game.
    #Team Occult
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    > I voted "Other" because I need "Add empty maps" like The Sims 2.

I was about to say this exact same thing.
    I'd also love to see more careers for sims, teen jobs available for adults too, more radio stations, and playing as Celebrities.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    It was hard to vote, but I mostly wanted cars to come back. This would end up bringing more NPCs to town, like firefighters, policemen, social services, school buses, pet grooming services, pizza delivery/take out, helicopters, taxi, etc. We can see sims can pick up our sims when they go out to hang out at a restaurant, show, or party. I know we won't be able to drive all over town like in Sims 3, but it could be like sims 2, where the sims can sit, chat, or woohoo in the car, fix up the car, and you can see the sims drive off before loading screen appears.

I wasn't sure what you meant by Story Progression. If it is what I think it is, then I don't like the idea of families continuing on without me. I accidentally left it on when I first got the game and Mortimer ended up dying before I even got to play with him.

Other features I'd like to come back are Memories + Zodiac signs + Turn ons/offs.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• WalflowerWalrusWalflowerWalrus Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd like cars to come back, but this time with options for road-trips or vacations to other sim towns. I'd also like for Prom/Graduation for teens to come back and newspapers to come back.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Open world or Open neighborhoods, so that I DON't have to look at a loading screen every time i want to visit a neighbor
    a256aFi.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Story Progression, Cars, and Graveyards. Open world would be nice but it's impossible in TS4.
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    I'm actually pretty torn between story progression and open world.
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do my own story progression. I also don't need open world though I do like the worlds with large, walkable neighborhoods like WB and BB.

I'll say that they could work on traits, adding more and making individual sims more distinctive.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • aria34556aria34556 Posts: 26 Member
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > All of them (so I won’t vote, I’ll play Sims 3 instead).

DITTO
    unfortunately my laptop gets 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off at me when i try to run it lol
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Story progression and working graveyards. Since the others aren't possible anymore. Also more NPC's
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2018
    OP, of the things that you mentioned, I think the majority of them will never happen in TS4. That's why I chose other.

I would like more romance and an attraction system. That is more of a possibility than open worlds (which I would have loved) or anything else. It's possible and it, in my opinion, is dearly needed.

Even from a friendship standpoint, there needs to be some kind of attraction/repellent system. As it stands now, Sims have no preferences for friends or lovers. They have no commonalities or things that would cause them to avoid another particular type of Sim. As someone else on the boards put it, there are no natural enemies or allies. I couldn't agree more. That is a really big problem in the game and it needs to be corrected. It is a huge part of why these Sims don't feel "real" to me. They don't have likes or dislikes of any kind. The closest that we come to it is Vegetarianism. They definitely don't like flesh, great. They'll still eat it, though. They don't have the common sense to say, "Heck no. You can tell me to eat it all you want, Oh Great Destroyer Behind the Keyboard, but I won't!" So, I've gotta keep my eye out for them because they'll blindly eat anything.

I digress.

Anyway, this continued oversight shows a real lack of attention or genuine interest in creating Sims that feel like true personalities. Because the basics of this should have been present from the base game -- that's nearly four years ago! Sims of certain traits should show an affinity for Sims of similar or complementary traits and, for all intents and purposes, I see no evidence of this. They're all still up in the club, all still doing exactly the same thing.

In my ideal game, if I put a group of Sims with varying traits in a situation, they should all react differently. I should be able to pick out the shy Sim (why don't we have one?), the loner Sim, the life-of-the-party Sim, the family-oriented Sim.

Just as an illustration if different personalities showed up at the club:
    • The loner should be trying to find a quiet corner to hide in. Like a bathroom stall, for example. (Why don't we have one?). In fact, they shouldn't even turn up in a jam-packed place like that in the first place.
    • The shy Sim would have to be dragged to the club and would be dancing shyly, sticking close to any Sim that s/he knows. Their best moves would be saved for at home, alone, in front of the bedroom mirror.
    • The life-of-the-party Sims should be dead center on the dance floor, bustin' moves, crackin' jokes, dancing on the bar, and ordering drinks on the house -- generally acting the fool because s/he is out to have the best time possible. If they're not careful, they'll have to be carried home Weekend at Bernie's style.
    • The family-oriented Sims should be having a good time, preferably with a family member. If not, occasionally, they should take a moment to call the babysitter. Or, they could call a close family member and urge them to come through. Once their partner in crime arrives, it's on!
    • The outdoor Sims would occasionally need to step outside for some fresh air because "Phew. It's getting too close in there".
    • The bookish type would find a seat and break out a book or tablet, because, like, they were right in the middle of that chapter and they just have to find out what happened next.
    • The serial romantic Sim should be trying to hook up, over and over again until they hit pay dirt. The one-true-love Sim would be sticking near to their SO. Or, if they're not present, they would be wishing that their SO were there. (Thought bubbles, occasional wistful sighs).
    • The jealous Sim would be throwing eye daggers at any Sim who was being "too attentive" to his/her chosen partner for the night. If they really get upset, someone's about to get slapped. Whether it's boo, the interloper, or both, is yet to be decided.
    • The Evil Sim would be pulling the fire alarm, setting off the sprinklers, and dousing everyone with water. In response, the life-of-the-party Sim would pump their fist and yell out the Simlish equivalent of, "Yeah! Wet T-shirt contest!!!"

Those are just examples of what my ideal game would look like. TS2 came the closest to this. TS3 tried. TS4 doesn't attempt it at all. It's time for this to change.

So in the end, it's not only about romance for me, I guess. Though, romance is a big part of what I miss in the game. However, in the end, I realize that it's about making the Sims feel more genuine. That's what I want.
    Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    Interactive Rabbit Holes. I kinda miss the way I could have sims go grocery shopping and whatnot. But also, I think TS4 has evolved past that so I'm not mad that there aren't any rabbit holes like in TS3.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    "Other" would include WEATHER...;and I kind of miss seeing alot of the NPCS as has been mentioned before, like seeing the burglar breaking into a sim's home told you that things were normal...and where are the police and firefighters? I don't miss the whistling paper deliver though.
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I was just playing TS2 and I found that the "wait for meal" feature was so minute, yet so helpful. I love it because it annoys me so much when my sims in TS4 are making dinner and then another sim goes downstairs to grab leftovers or make another meal. Just wait!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    I was just playing TS2 and I found that the "wait for meal" feature was so minute, yet so helpful. I love it because it annoys me so much when my sims in TS4 are making dinner and then another sim goes downstairs to grab leftovers or make another meal. Just wait!

This interaction does already exist as part of the dining out system in the relevant GP. It just doesn't work if you're not ordering at a restaurant.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • NewSimmer94NewSimmer94 Posts: 7 New Member
    I would like story progression, and like someone else mentioned, burglars and other NPCs. I've never played any other PC Sims game other than the Sims 4, so I've never had the burglar experience. Sounds fun! However, and this is probably really minute, but how about doorbells? It's hard to know when someone is at the door when my sims live in really large houses. We need doorbells! It can be added in a game patch just like dishwashers were.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Story Progression for me, hands down. Good story progression, too, that actually does what it's supposed to. I'm tired of going back to the neighborhood to add more Sims because the neighborhood is getting too sparse and/or my Sim needs someone to marry.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I voted for the Colour Wheel, but I'd like them all to come back. Also I would like to be able to create apartment buildings, duplexes, etc where you're able to have more than one family set to specific floors or units.