Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GameStop E-Gift Cards

I searched online but couldn’t find a direct answer, so I’ll post here. Has anyone ever used a GameStop E-Gift card to purchase the digital version of Sims 4 Packs? GameStop has Jungle Adventure available for preorder, and I’m trying to decide whether to use my Swagbucks for a GameStop E-Gift card, or wait and see if Amazon will have the pack, then I would use my Swagbucks for an Amazon gift card instead.

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I would only get those if they were on sale from GAME or something. I think the only real point about them is to allows 1) use of cash purchases for digital content, and 2) an easy way to gift a copy to a friend or family member for Xmas or Birthday. So no, I can't say I've ever wanted to use them at this point.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I would only get those if they were on sale from GAME or something. I think the only real point about them is to allows 1) use of cash purchases for digital content, and 2) an easy way to gift a copy to a friend or family member for Xmas or Birthday. So no, I can't say I've ever wanted to use them at this point.

But they will work for a digital purchase?

But they will work for a digital purchase?

What do you mean?
    Oh wait right I get it now, you mean generic gift cards not the actual card you purchase for the game (which said games also sell).

I believe shop specific gift cards only allow you to spend them at that specific shop. Usually you would need something with specifically gives Origin funds if used for Sims.
    Oh wait right I get it now, you mean generic gift cards not the actual card you purchase for the game (which said games also sell).

I believe shop specific gift cards only allow you to spend them at that specific shop. Usually you would need something with specifically gives Origin funds if used for Sims.

So I wouldn’t be able to use a GameStop gift card to purchase a Sims game on GameStop.com? Darn.
  • texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    Yes you can use a GameStop gift card to buy the game, physical or digital. The pack should be available on Amazon but it sometimes takes a couple of days after release.
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
    texasangel wrote: »
    Yes you can use a GameStop gift card to buy the game, physical or digital. The pack should be available on Amazon but it sometimes takes a couple of days after release.

Thanks!
    I do not understand Gamestop then. I thought it would have been like one of those game shops I have around here in the UK.

"So I wouldn’t be able to use a GameStop gift card to purchase a Sims game on GameStop.com? Darn."
    Though to address this, you should be able to if there is a code on the card.
    I do not understand Gamestop then. I thought it would have been like one of those game shops I have around here in the UK.

"So I wouldn’t be able to use a GameStop gift card to purchase a Sims game on GameStop.com? Darn."
    Though to address this, you should be able to if there is a code on the card.

Oh, you’re from the UK! I didn’t know that. I’m from the USA. Yeah, the e gift card comes with a code!