Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Serious Need for Romantic Interactions Update

TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I am always hopeful about something new romantic exchange wise with each update, but always get sorely disappointed. People always complain that Sims don't interact as much as they should or used to like in other packs, but yet every patch comes around people want stupid stairs instead pfft lol I'm always hopeful for...

LOYALTY trait/goal especially if a couple is married
SLOW DANCING
Hand holding while walking together somewhere
Snuggling in bed
Woohoo in shower

I'm sure there could be others, but these are my main ones. For me the first three are the most important. Couples don't feel like couples in this game. Dancing aside, the loyalty thing seriously annoys me. ANY Sim at any time with any traits can flirt shamelessly with another Sim and frankly it's irritating and stupid. If I wanted my Sims to be jerks or players that's fine, but I don't want that, but that option isn't given. If people can have their Sims be free to marry whatever sex they'd like, the same should be if they want them to be loyal or not. The hand holding would be perfect in "go here together" prompts. Following each other around like a tag along is dumb. If I go on a date with someone I don't trot behind them like a puppy. I'm at their side either holding their hand or with my arm around them. The last two I heard were in other Sims games and wonder why they haven't put them in 4 yet. I hope that maybe one day our cries will be heard about this. I know I'm not the only one hoping for these to happen as I've seen them mentioned in random threads. The Romantic Gardens pack should have easily allowed a few of these things to happen...I guess I'll just sit and wait and be hopeful for one of these or all to actually happen and hopefully it'll be in a patch. We all have been patient long enough and deserve a useful update to bring Sims couples more to life instead of another dumb chair in build mode.

Comments

• PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Yes, Slow Dancing in one of the things I miss. Woohoo in the shower is a Sims classic as far as i am concerned.

I would like a sort of Hot Date (Sims 2) pack especially for romantic interactions, bringing back some of the fun things in the game for romance. More neighbourhood Sims aware of woohoo in a public place to get the neighbourhood talking, not just non flirty Sims disapproving.

I loved the special photo booth in the Sims 2, to have a fun photo taken, also available for woohoo: using the Sims phone in the Sims 4 doesn't quite cut the same for me! We already have singing together (karaoke) in City Living, perhaps some romantic songs that don't require too much skill to initiate.

I loved how Sims, especially married ones would spoon together at night and how Sims in general could lie on the bed to read, relax etc. All our Sims do now is sit on the bed and this can be very annoying when the Sim who owns that bed want to sleep in it! LOL OK we can lock rooms but it is sometimes impractical to do so for family members
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I want all these things and stairs. I love playing the sims and I love building. I would also like more interactions in general that are different not the same animation with a different name. I want kids to actually play games with other kids and if kids could dance with adults and toddlers that would be cool too. Just because I want more building tools doesn't mean I don't want more interactions especially when it comes to romance. I love all your ideas and hope one day that some if not all will be added.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I want all of these and stairs also haha. I do miss the woohoo in the shower because that like others have said was a classic.. and my most used spot when you have a house fall on child or toddler sims. Like an earlier post.. something like hot date could be really good. Also more stuff for weddings and make honeymoons possible!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Agreed. I NEED slow dancing back, and I need them to face each other when dancing together!

I need cuddling in bed. Couples in this game need a LOT more romance. ( and I'm not talking about fist-pumping before woohoo) That's NOT romantic! There's just none really that allow the couples to express their undying love for one another ( unless we pick that in the pie menu...but it's another nothing)

The couch makeout is awful too. :s
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Slow dancing would be nice to have back and the move-out interaction would be very welcomed but the rest I can really do without so I am not super worried about it but that's me for you lol
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Shower WooHoo would be amazing to return to the game! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited February 2018
    Here's a cool slow dancing mod I found the other day. You can choose "slow dance" under the romance pie menu or your sims can slow dance autonomously. So far, I'm loving it! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSJFQHD7X0g

Scroll down to the bottom of the page:

sims4studio.com/thread/7833/studio-drama
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Yeah it's cool, but I won't put in mods like that :( Adding props is one thing, but to alter things like that I won't do unfortunately.
    Yeah it's cool, but I won't put in mods like that :( Adding props is one thing, but to alter things like that I won't do unfortunately.

Totally understood. Hopefully, EA/Maxis will add slow dancing (and other couples dances) to Sims 4, because it was something that I really enjoyed in Sims 3.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

edited February 2018
    It looks super amazing though...I'm just scared of my game getting messed up you know? I hear and see horror stories. I love your little signature icon gif thing by the way...D.va is a lot of fun to play and is my tank main ;)
    It looks super amazing though...I'm just scared of my game getting messed up you know? I hear and see horror stories. I love your little signature icon gif thing by the way...D.va is a lot of fun to play and is my tank main ;)

Lol Ty! I haven't played Overwatch yet, but it's on my wishlist. :)

Your game will be ok if you aren't adding a lot of mods - one mod shouldn't hurt it. If you notice things have gone wonky, it's easy to just delete it from your mods folder and carry on as usual. I'm a mods hound so I tend to add them to most of my games (Sims 4 included), but if you feel better not risking it, I understand.

edited February 2018
    Hmmm well maybe I'll try it out then. The only mods I have are like paintings and decor. I needed cowboy, western, and Native American items and got those through downloading from folks. With the new patch I got a few "script failed" things now :( Hopefully I can get those repaired somehow. I might try the mod you've mentioned then. But still, we need all I have mentioned. Especially that loyalty trait. I'm SO sick of married Sims being stupid, especially in front of their spouse. I mean, why did I go through that soul mate nonsense if they're going to do carp like that? In fact, even asking for loyalty in the game shouldn't have to be a thing. It should already be there for married or couples as an option or something. Love the creators, but they still do really drain-bead stuff.

PS if you ever get Overwatch let me know I have it for both the PC and PS4 I'd be happy to help you play and level up.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I would love this too I am always hopeful about something new romantic exchange wise with each update, but always get sorely disappointed. People always complain that Sims don't interact as much as they should or used to like in other packs, but yet every patch comes around people want stupid stairs instead pfft lol I'm always hopeful for...

SLOW DANCING
    Snuggling in bed
    Woohoo in shower and I do not want to have to load a mod to get it . Not to start nothing . but if all these mods are out there why cant sims team make them for the game.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    romantic garden stuff was a total let down for me, they could've added so much more content like those yall are mentioning, but then again, i could say the same thing about all the other packs that have been released, lol.
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    I agree with all of this, the cuddles, make out and generally being able to relax on the bed must make a come back! Someone also mentioned hot date from Sims 2, and I think that they should add more fun and interesting "goals" or "quests" during a date event!

I love taking my sims out on dates, but you easily get tired of the same, predictable stuff. Perhaps the missions (I have my sims in another language so I don't know what they actually call it) could change depending on what lot you are on. If you're on a lot that has a dancefloor, or bowling, fishing spot or whatever- they should include those on the event. Kissing or "get flirty" is so basic- I need more of a challenge!
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    I also would love to see a loyalty trait, In Sims 3 they received a moodlet stating that they were soulmates but if they cheated it went away and their relationship kind of deteriorated. In Sims 4 you can cheat, say you are sorry, kiss and makeup and call it a day. That unrealistic where's the emotion of being played? Where's the outrage? A few of my sims in Sims 4 get upset but only if they witness the betrayal and only if they have the jealous trait. I want my stay at home mom to be at home tending to the home and kids and get a phone call from her homegirl saying I just saw your man having dinner feeding his coworker a bite off his plate. Then for him to come home and she gives him food not cooked in the middle from the microwave. When he asks about her day she tells him it went well until she got a phone call from her friend. I want the whole thing to play out. Including the husband getting mad at the friend and telling her to mind her own business and the mistress and the wife to be instant enemies. Come on developers you guys can do this. If you can make a plant eat a sim this should be a piece of cake. (haha that was corny piece of cake/cowplant reference) Anyway.......
  • NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    We need slow dancing, hand holding, more places to take your date, date night at home, so mushy you could vomit kind of romantic interactions ESPECIALLY SHOWER WOOHOO. How can we get it on in the sauna, hot tub, bushes, rocketships, closets but not in the shower? One of the things that every sim should have is a shower it's easily accessible and plays a dual purpose. If we had eco-friendly sims they would definitely appreciate conserving water. We also need chat on bed, cuddle on bed, read on bed, make out on bed, relax on the bed, talk about your day on the bed. (see the trend?)

after a day of working and tending to the kids the ability to keep a connection with your spouse is important. I think that this can be rectified and added as a game patch especially for those of us who purchased all of the game packs/stuff packs/and expansions.
    edited February 2018
    NikkiIsis wrote: »
    I also would love to see a loyalty trait, In Sims 3 they received a moodlet stating that they were soulmates but if they cheated it went away and their relationship kind of deteriorated. In Sims 4 you can cheat, say you are sorry, kiss and makeup and call it a day. That unrealistic where's the emotion of being played? Where's the outrage? A few of my sims in Sims 4 get upset but only if they witness the betrayal and only if they have the jealous trait. I want my stay at home mom to be at home tending to the home and kids and get a phone call from her homegirl saying I just saw your man having dinner feeding his coworker a bite off his plate. Then for him to come home and she gives him food not cooked in the middle from the microwave. When he asks about her day she tells him it went well until she got a phone call from her friend. I want the whole thing to play out. Including the husband getting mad at the friend and telling her to mind her own business and the mistress and the wife to be instant enemies. Come on developers you guys can do this. If you can make a plant eat a sim this should be a piece of cake. (haha that was corny piece of cake/cowplant reference) Anyway.......

Yup! I don't want my Sims doing that garbage at all. They always are kissing and following each other around, woohoo more times than I care to count, they're sickening sometimes with how attached they are with each other. Then I go to the dog park with them. One's teaching his dog to do whatever and the other is suddenly blowing kisses at some married guy playing chess....wth???? Seriously??? Just stop. Seriously STOP. It's disgusting. If I wanted my Sims to be players that's one thing, but I don't want that with these two. They're married and soul mates, but this is allowed to happen? And don't even give me that garbage "Oh he must have the flirty moodlet or romantic trait." None of that applies.

The romantic garden should have had these things with it, or at least patched afterwards. Valentine's Day came and went and that was another snore fest....but yeah, give me more stairs and a lamp *sarcasm*
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I am always hopeful about something new romantic exchange wise with each update, but always get sorely disappointed. People always complain that Sims don't interact as much as they should or used to like in other packs, but yet every patch comes around people want stupid stairs instead pfft lol I'm always hopeful for...

SLOW DANCING

Snuggling in bed
    Woohoo in shower

I'm sure there could be others, but these are my main ones. For me the first three are the most important. Couples don't feel like couples in this game. Dancing aside, the loyalty thing seriously annoys me. ANY Sim at any time with any traits can flirt shamelessly with another Sim and frankly it's irritating and stupid. If I wanted my Sims to be jerks or players that's fine, but I don't want that, but that option isn't given. If people can have their Sims be free to marry whatever sex they'd like, the same should be if they want them to be loyal or not. The hand holding would be perfect in "go here together" prompts. Following each other around like a tag along is dumb. If I go on a date with someone I don't trot behind them like a puppy. I'm at their side either holding their hand or with my arm around them. The last two I heard were in other Sims games and wonder why they haven't put them in 4 yet. I hope that maybe one day our cries will be heard about this. I know I'm not the only one hoping for these to happen as I've seen them mentioned in random threads. The Romantic Gardens pack should have easily allowed a few of these things to happen...I guess I'll just sit and wait and be hopeful for one of these or all to actually happen and hopefully it'll be in a patch. We all have been patient long enough and deserve a useful update to bring Sims couples more to life instead of another dumb chair in build mode.

The loyalty thing is very important to me.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MehMehMehMeh Posts: 1 New Member
    I do have a question for after a new YA gets married.
    I am new so forgive me if this isn't the place to ask. But my child is finally an adult and got married in a big elaborate wedding. I had her new husband move in with her. Probably a mistake. However, I want her and her new husband to move out and get their own place but when I tried to get her to "move household" the whole family was coming too! Her dad, step mom, brother, husband and her. Is there a way for just her AND her new husband to move out with out her parents and brother?
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    ALL OF MY SIMS ARE SOUL MATES AND THEY ARE MERRIER FOR LIFE THAT THE WAY I PLAY. SIMS 2 SIMS 3 AND SIMS 4 .THEY NEED MORE ROMANSE FOR SOUL MATES.
    MehMeh wrote: »
    I do have a question for after a new YA gets married.
    I am new so forgive me if this isn't the place to ask. But my child is finally an adult and got married in a big elaborate wedding. I had her new husband move in with her. Probably a mistake. However, I want her and her new husband to move out and get their own place but when I tried to get her to "move household" the whole family was coming too! Her dad, step mom, brother, husband and her. Is there a way for just her AND her new husband to move out with out her parents and brother?

See if this link works. It's what I used not too long ago moving a dog to another household. (Yes pets are considered family members so they can be moved like you can people). http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/moving-sims.php
  • MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    Yes! I loved how in TS3 the sims cuddled in bed while they were asleep. It was so cute :3
    cha cha cha
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2018
    I've requested the faithful trait many times.
    I've also requested the "I love you" interactions with huge jump in relationship kind of like the child interaction to express love.
    Some people like leveling up; I hate it. I wish they would have an instant love potion and high friend potion.
    Adding girl/boy friend to relationship choices in CAS.

I would love it if they brought back the give flowers and had different ones with moodlets.
    Give candy would be nice.

Shower woohoo would be really nice to have back, but the top 4 above are the ones I want the most. I wish they would make some type of Family EP. Fix the infants and put in all types of stuff including a backpack to carry them. More toddler stuff. Adopting agency place to go and actually pick out a kid(s) and go home together instead of disappearing and reappearing. More kid, teen, adult stuff. A crush(kid to elder). The addition of adolescents (patch). More for elders and adding of death, funeral, wills, picking of tombstone/urn (poor, shabby to uber nice). Plot it in cemetery or in inventory to take home as playable ghost or free like the pets are, but at your home as long as the stone/urn is. If left at cemetery, then they stay around there. Also, ability to let them go and the ghost is gone.
    Hmmm well maybe I'll try it out then. The only mods I have are like paintings and decor. I needed cowboy, western, and Native American items and got those through downloading from folks. With the new patch I got a few "script failed" things now :( Hopefully I can get those repaired somehow. I might try the mod you've mentioned then. But still, we need all I have mentioned. Especially that loyalty trait. I'm SO sick of married Sims being stupid, especially in front of their spouse. I mean, why did I go through that soul mate nonsense if they're going to do carp like that? In fact, even asking for loyalty in the game shouldn't have to be a thing. It should already be there for married or couples as an option or something. Love the creators, but they still do really drain-bead stuff.

PS if you ever get Overwatch let me know I have it for both the PC and PS4 I'd be happy to help you play and level up.

I know what you mean about spouses being stupid. One thing I liked about Sims 3 was the "emotions" A.I. aspect of the game. In Sims 4 - if a spouse cheats or they're overly flirty, their spouse or significant other will be momentarily angry (if you get any reaction at all), then happy seconds later. Whereas in Sims 3, they would've gotten into a heated argument which may end up in a breakup or divorce - all fully automated. So a loyalty trait could address that issue.

I also agree, that they need to bring back shower woohoo and many other interactions that were cut from this game. Too bad the Emotional Overdrive mod doesn't work anymore, because it brought back many of those old emotions/interactions that we had grown accustomed to in Sims 3.

And thanks for the offer! If I do decide to play Overwatch, I'll definitely take you up on that. :smiley: