Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>>> Did you know you could be missing EP/store content stencils? <<<

Comments

• mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    I have it bookmarked B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2016
    Alright, so we can unlock these ourselves, just by saving the presets while in CAP? Does that work for all of them? Hadn't seen this issue before, save with an item or two, and would really love to fix this stuff! Any tips for doing this faster, or just downloading them, or whatever, or a master list? Thanks in advance!!

Also, when we do this for several items, do we need to save after each one, or after all of them, and does this then stay fixed for all games, or do we have to do it every time we play? Thanks!
    @ciane - THANK YOU for that lot!!! Way simpler, I think, than over five hundred downloads!! I hope, anyway.

@MrHawk - THANK YOU for making all those items available!! I knew about a couple, like the Gen dresser stuff, but that was it. Will be some work getting all this in, but worth it, to have all of the patterns available!!
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @LadyGreenEyes it seems no one answered you yet and I'm not sure if you figured out already ;)

The downloads will save themselves so you won't have to click and save each item. Both the lot Ciane made and MrHawks downloads have their pros and cons!

However I used the lot Ciane made, I just used CASt, clicked the item, saved the preset, okay'd, (deleted the item so I wouldn't double them,) went on with the next and repeated the steps. It took me one afternoon or evening (not sure anymore) to get them all. Just to be sure I saved once in a while so I wouldn't lose the items I'd deleted, so I could track myself down everytime ;) but I had no crashes so it wasn't needed in that case. But it may have helped saving the presets indeed!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Yeah, downloaded the lot ciane made, and went that route for now. Way faster, and I think I got everything that way. Took a couple of hours, but well worth it! The artwork options alone are amazing, and I hadn't ever seen several of them. Many thanks!
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Faved the various lots but I think I'll deal with not having all the missing stencils. It's mostly stuff I rarely use anyway and the ones I do use a lot of I already got the missing bits for.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited August 2016
    ciane wrote: »
    I also included a few he didn't have in his studio. The blank halloween coffin coffee table isn't really blank in his studio and he was missing a couple Japanese paintings.

The Halloween coffin coffee table with just the spiderweb has the same problem - it still has the bat.
    The one on the lot now looks almost exactly like the one from the Store, with both the spiderweb and the bat, rather than the 'just spiderweb' one in Mr Hawk's picture. I think it's the same issue (the multiplier underneath the overlay needs to be removed).

Which Japanese paintings are missing? Is it just the Longevity Wall Hanging, or are there more? Never mind, I think I found the others...

I made a separate install (a separate "The Sims 3" that I keep outside my "Electronic Arts" folder) for the complete Store installation and your wonderful "Ode to Mr Hawk and Bily" lot - just for the occasional 'shopping' for hidden stencils.
    I find that on my computer the game is unplayable with everything from the Store installed, but it's great to have as a Stencil Shopping Mall. :love:

So thank you for making the lot, and of course thank you to Mr Hawk and Bily for finding the stencils!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    KarinL wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »
    The blank halloween coffin coffee table isn't really blank

The Halloween coffin coffee table with just the spiderweb has the same problem - it still has the bat.
    The one on the lot now looks almost exactly like the one from the Store, with both the spiderweb and the bat, rather than the 'just spiderweb' one in Mr Hawk's picture. I think it's the same issue (the multiplier underneath the overlay needs to be removed).

Thanks for letting me know. I'll play around with it a bit more. I know I uploaded the blank coffin separately. I'll see if just that one works for me in a different save. Then I'll play with the multiplier too and see what uploading and downloading changes.

• Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi, people. :blush:
    Thank You for linking me and at ciane's for the lot (rc'd). Just to admit, that MrHawk understands TS3 tools better than me and I wouldn't able to do that without Inge and Peter Jones, who have released TS3 tools and without all those great people, who have posted great tutorials and those, who have given me advice personally "how to". And I wouldn't have interest to share it without people, who are interested to complete their games.
    As we all are having RL too, I wasn't able to work on my TS3 folders for very long time. I was missing TS3 so much and now I'm it tweaking again and I'm still finding some never seen userPresets (I'm not uploading another's work). Sfortunatelly, not all is trasmissible with Exchange (when altering _IMG resources for adding an item i.e. more color channels or importing custom stencils) and I have to study, how are working uploads on MTS.
    Sfortunatelly, I'm not able to find in original game folders on my PC all linked images (i.e. in Mr'Hawk's studio are unlocked stencils for Candy bar and I know, that KPST counterIsland Candy has too 3 linked stencils - but related images are in my TS3 folders missing).
    Have a marvelous 3-simming everyone! :)
    (PS: If is someone interested, I've found on ITF planter fence stencils not shown in my game and uploaded it in my studio).
    Post edited by Bily_jednorozec on
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    bookmark'd and bump'd!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited March 2017
    Interesting timing. I am just in the process of "installing" the missing stencils/color variants. Sadly the consolidated lots I downloaded didn't let me install them due to "missing content." Tomorrow I'll turn on all the EPs and SPs and see if I have more luck. I have all the store content installed already.

I had no problem tonight with the "Pets and Generations" lot. Even though I didn't have Generations active, it let me install the lot and work with the Pets items. Worst case scenario I will have to go through item by item. Now that my DD activity has slowed, I guess I needed a new hobby anyway.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited April 2017
    So, I went through @ciane's lot and have one tiny little, um, lets say, caveat to users. Look EVERYWHERE for items before deleting walls. The lot design is beautiful, but those smallish restrooms up front have a LOT of stuff crammed in to them.

One of my favorite items is the Animal Friends Wall light, which is essentially a floor level night light. I use that thing all the time in my builds and you really have to look carefully throughout the lot for all four variations. (This makes five total once you are done, including the blank, which I use in hallways and living rooms.)

I still find it stupefying that we ever had to go through this on this scale. Why go through all the work of making these designs, some of which are stunningly complicated and beautiful, just to stuff them in a hidden drawer? And while I'm at it, there's the other side of the equation... How on earth did you people find these? Did you just decide one day to go through every item piece by piece "in case" there were stencils hidden inside? Wow. Just wow.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @Jude525 Lol, I think someone discovered that it was missing for one item and then decided to - yes - go through all of them in case there were more.

I also love that light, but unfortunately I've never gotten around to using it. I'd love to make a proper nursery or kid's room with that one, it's just such a perfect and adorable night light! :kissing_closed_eyes:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Jude525 ! About "the other side of the equation... " .... I'm unsure, how were searching for hidden stencils another people and I've learned from them so much. I personally I have examinated extracted/cloned EA item, when I've seen, that set comes with set with many user presets and related item had few user presets only or not many color channels active (+ when I was bored, I've gone item by item too).
    There is a tool created by Inge Jones "Texture Tweaker 3" (found on Simlogical remote uploads page) and she has made too PDF tutorial how to use it. I've unlocked all my stencils with this tool. You can use it too for rotate pattern on yours package or change size of applied pattern.
    "One of my favorite items is the Animal Friends Wall light, which is essentially a floor level night light." I like it too. :smile: I would love too use Animal Wilderness Window - this window a part of missing multipliers to match to stencils present in package (complete fix present at MATY) has broken wall cutout too. (I don't know, sfortunatelly how to fix it).
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Wow, you learn something more everyday. I downloaded @ciane's lot and I'll definitely take some hours to unlock stencils (for the items I have).
    I need to go through this again, since I did a complete reinstall a couple months ago. *sigh* It is a project to go through it all.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    Here's a pattern I made For Mrhawk's Barnacle Bay Shop Sign! Check out The Description Because it has the Details how to make a Sign Fit Perfectly on it in Create A Pattern.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9192290
    I'm Gonna Make A sign to fit Perfectly on The store's Fortune's Fate Wall Sign Made Stencil free By Mrhawk too :) Watch for it I'll post When it's Perfect!! HUGS!!
    edited February 2018
    Ok Kiddies LOL That's What My Hubby says to me ... I Have Perfected a couple of Patterns as far as I Could For MrHawks
    Stencil Fix - Roma Sign blank .. That's his name for the Fortunes fate sign..
    For The Right Facing Sign ... The Graphic Portion or 2nd layer in CAP Needs to READ BACKWARDS To translate Correctly When a Right facing Sign is Needed The Back of it will be Backwards but the Front will read Correctly.
    The TOP NEEDS TO FACE THE RIGHT SIDE So turn it 90 Degrees.
    Stats for graphic Portion in CAP "Create A Pattern" Are: W...110 H...74
    & X...66 Y...76.
    For The Left Facing Sign It Should Read Sideways Correctly to Work With the sign Be Sure to Have the to have the TOP OF THE DESIGN FACE TO THE RIGHT as well So Turn it "Sideways Like I said .. or 90Degrees .Just don't Flip it to read Backwards Like you would for the right facing one.
    The Stats are the Same For The 2nd layer of the left facing one (so see above) or 2nd Box from the bottom with the eye In CAP
    The Bottom layer ( Background) For both Patterns The 1st Box with the Eye At the bottom ;)
    Measures H&W ...256 X&Y... 128 Each :)

& Here's a link to the patterns I made so you can see how great they look :D
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9193953

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9193952

Mind you it's JUST THE PATTERNs not The sign ( Caps used for Emphasis not for yelling LOL) <3 HUGS!!
    I Hope to see some Awesome Creations out there ... feel free to add these patterns to his sign & Upload em to the Exchange if you want!! :D
    Post edited by HBSIMSTER on
    Sorry for all the edits. The instructions I posted are a little complicated in a way...&... I just wanted them to be understood. :) HUGS!!
    LOL They Read Made Seamless By MrHawk, My mistake ... doesn't effect the patterns though Tee hee! Ah Well :)
  • NineteenchockinNineteenchockin Posts: 2 New Member
    Smh, why were so many of these stencils hidden from us? Is it EA's corporate greed again? Here I was thinking that the only way to have proper birthday party and wedding banners was to purchase them from the Store, but all along there was a wedding and a birthday party hidden stencil on the Generations party banner. I almost wasted money on something I could've had for free (and honestly really should have been in the base game/Generations, because it is absolutely absurd that we should have to pay for PARTY BANNERS to match the type of party!) Thanks for sharing! Tysm to MrHawk, and others, too. You guys are not the heroes Sims 3 needs, but the ones it DESERVES.
    Most of it wasn't greed, just poor production. There was no profit for them to create multiple versions of store items and then forget to unlock them. They weren't going to sell us more than one kimono to decorate our walls. Or, one of my favorites, six different night lights. (No, really, I love those things.) This was just another example of EA's poor quality control.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Is there still an overview with pictures of all the missing stencils? I noticed a few items replaced with basegame stuff on the lot with all the hidden stencils so I must have missed a few things when downloading the store. I noticed in the first post that some links broke and others lead to pages that don't exist anymore.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    @SjappielovePaul, I was going to see if the original poster, @joolster, would mind updating the links, but they don't appear to have posted anything since January 2016, when they were building for TS4.

I've tagged them here, to maybe get their attention anyway. They've listed their Origin ID in their profile/signature, but I don't feel comfortable stalking them in a different forum for this. Of course, if you feel differently....

Sadly, I haven't even re-installed most of these stencils since my last master reinstall. Using Mr. Hawk's (and Mr. Hawk's revisited) lots is extremely cumbersome and I simply haven't had the motivation. So I can't even offer alternative images for you.

I did a quick web search, but to no avail. I got a few relevant hits, but nothing comprehensive. There is also a collection of mods by Mr. Hawk that, when used, will include the missing stencils. But they also make some major changes, including re-categorizing items and unlocking items normally restricted to buydebug. So, it is a much bigger "solution" than what we were talking about here. I have not used these mods, just thought that I should mention them for you.

I haven't actually been playing 3, but rather have been playing 4. But, you now have me thinking that this may be an opportune time to pop into 3 to re-install these stencils a bit at a time. And, possibly, create some smaller lots to use for this process that only include the items I actually care about. ie: most wall art. While ignoring stuff I don't much mind having limited, ie, the banners from the Duke of Bows. This would make the process easier/more relevant should I ever be faced with having to repeat it.

If so, I know I would be compelled to do screen shots and post the lots to share. But I'm not making any promises. My "long term" projects often turn to vapor-ware.

However, I know that I am, at this moment, about to open the lot and begin the process. If you are looking for something in particular, send me a private note, just to get my message more quickly, and I will pop over whatever images you are looking for. I'm just that nice. :D
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top