Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I bought Sims 4 about a year ago, but didn’t play it very regularly until this winter. I also recently bought Sims 3 and am enjoying both games. I find that the developers’ understanding of human psychology is surprisingly good. The Sims make me smile and get me inspired about doing different things in my real life and with my real children!

Hello @LudditeBorg :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you are enjoying playing both Sims 3 and Sims 4. You would enjoy choosing which version to play on a particular day depending on what household you would like to play that day.
    The Sims do make us smile! It is fun seeing what happens next in their sims lives and how they react to it! It is very nice that the
    Sims is encouraging you in your real life also <3
    Happy simming ! :)
  • wreathofboneswreathofbones Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey everyone. My name is Jamison and I've been playing Sims since the original game on PC. I've started posting a few stories and memes to tumblr here and there. I'm hoping to get more ideas for gameplay and interaction on these forums and make some simmer friends.
    Hey everyone. My name is Jamison and I've been playing Sims since the original game on PC. I've started posting a few stories and memes to tumblr here and there. I'm hoping to get more ideas for gameplay and interaction on these forums and make some simmer friends.

Hello @wreathofbones :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed playing a number of sims households over the time and enjoyed watching the sims living their lives in your games. Simming is fun!
    It is great that you have been posting on tumblr the stories of the sims in your game. It is enjoyable reading about and seeing pictures of other simmers’ sims.
    I hope that you will enjoy finding new helpful simming tips and ideas as you read the forum threads
    Happy simming! :)
  • ElenadewyElenadewy Posts: 60 Member
    Heyhey community!

My name is Elena. I only bought the Sims 4 somewhere in October last year, but I have already played a lot of different households and challenges. Free time means Sims time. I am thinking about buying an EP soon, but currently in research-mode. ^^
    I joined the forums to check on other Simmers's experiences and eventually share my own. My stay has been great so far!
    Elenadewy wrote: »
    Heyhey community!

My name is Elena. I only bought the Sims 4 somewhere in October last year, but I have already played a lot of different households and challenges. Free time means Sims time. I am thinking about buying an EP soon, but currently in research-mode. ^^
    I joined the forums to check on other Simmers's experiences and eventually share my own. My stay has been great so far!

Hello @Elenadewy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started playing The Sims 4 last October and have been enjoy playing a variety of diferent sims households. It is nice creating background stories for the sims that we play. Doing sims challenge is fun! Challenges often help us to play in new ways than how we nornally may play the game.
    This is a link to guides on the expansion packs, which may help you to decide on which pack you may like to buy.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-expansion-pack-guides/
  • TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    Hello Hello Im TimelordSnowy(Please disregard my username here..its from my sims 3 days and thats years before I started going by TimelordSnowy and I no longer go by it..) I got the sims 4 when it first came out but I only own get to work and get together. my current goal is to *hopefully* get the other two EPs for my birthday and then start with getting some game packs I want for christmas/my own money if I can. and move on to stuff packs till I have it all. Sims 4 will be the first where I own everything(besides sims 2 but thats from the UC so Im not counting it as it was free) since I only have all the EPs in S3 and none of the SPs. Its the ultimate goal of mine.

I havent actually got into playing sims 4 til recently. Before it came out I had made a family(and an accidental Tony Stark) but due to a virus and not knowing apparently putting them in my library doesnt straight up save them across devices, I lost them and lost motivation(it was mostly the loss of Tony Stark though as he was the reason I wanted get together so I could play him as a scientist..Ive not been able to remake him since..) However after discovering the CC side of things Ive begun to get back into things. I was never into CC in S3 but S4 is an entirely different story..I plan on making a tumblr to post images of sims I make(I love taking screenshots..) As well as starting a legacy with one of my sims I first made with CC. Ill probably also straight up make a story with her if I can ever figure that out..for now the first goal is a legacy and Ill go from there!!

My first sims game was 3. I saw the youtuber TheQuxxn playing sims 3 pets and I wanted it and that was my first introduction to the sims franchise. I think I got the game that christmas after I found about it. Since then Ive gotten all the expansions as Ive said. I havent been able to play it since..before I got sims 4 I think(I attempted in 2015 according to some memorys on my page) Its just such a laggy mess that my computer cant handle. I miss it though :( I never really got a chance to mess with all the new expansions I got due to this(I bought like..3 or 4 together at once and they were the last that I needed to complete it) and it saddens me but my computer..just cant handle it. I want to start fresh see if I cant make it work or if it would be better to wait. Im not sure of the "essential" mods needed to make it run semi ok(as Ive heard there are some.) so it might have to wait. But thats fine. Ive fallen in love with CAS in Sims 4 and I have plans. My sister plays as well but I dont think shes really as into it as me(Im the only one with all the sims 3 expansions and I think Im the only one that wants all the sims 4 things)

Anyway...This has gotten long so Ill cut it short here. Nice to meet you all and I hope to have a wonderful time here and make some new friends.. If ya managed to make it through this wall of text then congrats for your effort :D and thanks for reading! Have a nice and lovely day everyone!! :D
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
    Hello Hello Im TimelordSnowy(Please disregard my username here..its from my sims 3 days and thats years before I started going by TimelordSnowy and I no longer go by it..) I got the sims 4 when it first came out but I only own get to work and get together. my current goal is to *hopefully* get the other two EPs for my birthday and then start with getting some game packs I want for christmas/my own money if I can. and move on to stuff packs till I have it all. Sims 4 will be the first where I own everything(besides sims 2 but thats from the UC so Im not counting it as it was free) since I only have all the EPs in S3 and none of the SPs. Its the ultimate goal of mine.

I havent actually got into playing sims 4 til recently. Before it came out I had made a family(and an accidental Tony Stark) but due to a virus and not knowing apparently putting them in my library doesnt straight up save them across devices, I lost them and lost motivation(it was mostly the loss of Tony Stark though as he was the reason I wanted get together so I could play him as a scientist..Ive not been able to remake him since..) However after discovering the CC side of things Ive begun to get back into things. I was never into CC in S3 but S4 is an entirely different story..I plan on making a tumblr to post images of sims I make(I love taking screenshots..) As well as starting a legacy with one of my sims I first made with CC. Ill probably also straight up make a story with her if I can ever figure that out..for now the first goal is a legacy and Ill go from there!!

My first sims game was 3. I saw the youtuber TheQuxxn playing sims 3 pets and I wanted it and that was my first introduction to the sims franchise. I think I got the game that christmas after I found about it. Since then Ive gotten all the expansions as Ive said. I havent been able to play it since..before I got sims 4 I think(I attempted in 2015 according to some memorys on my page) Its just such a laggy mess that my computer cant handle. I miss it though :( I never really got a chance to mess with all the new expansions I got due to this(I bought like..3 or 4 together at once and they were the last that I needed to complete it) and it saddens me but my computer..just cant handle it. I want to start fresh see if I cant make it work or if it would be better to wait. Im not sure of the "essential" mods needed to make it run semi ok(as Ive heard there are some.) so it might have to wait. But thats fine. Ive fallen in love with CAS in Sims 4 and I have plans. My sister plays as well but I dont think shes really as into it as me(Im the only one with all the sims 3 expansions and I think Im the only one that wants all the sims 4 things)

Anyway...This has gotten long so Ill cut it short here. Nice to meet you all and I hope to have a wonderful time here and make some new friends.. If ya managed to make it through this wall of text then congrats for your effort :D and thanks for reading! Have a nice and lovely day everyone!! :D

Hello @SnowyIcefall :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was very nice reading about your simming experiences. I am sorry that Sims 3 is lagging on your computer :( Perhaps if you get a new computer in the future, it may be able to handle the game version better.
    I hope that you achieve your goal of owning all the Sims 4 packs!
    It is special that your sister is a simmer also <3 You would enjoy chatting about the sims in your games.
    If you would like to change your username, you can post on the activity wall of EA_Mage asking for a Forums username change and she will helpfully assist you.
    I hope that the legacy family with your sim goes very well!
    There is a lot of very nice sims 4 cc to use in our games! Modder Simmers are very kind to share their cc creations fellow simmers so that we can all enjoy having them in our games.
  • batmanspiderman1batmanspiderman1 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, I've recently joined the forms, but I have had the Sims 4 since around when it came out and have about all of the add-ons besides a few which I mean to get sooner or later.
    My first ever Sims game was the third and I got that in 2013 and only had a few expansion packs for it, I wish I still enjoyed TS3, but since I am used to the newer style of TS4, I can not deal with TS3.
    Hi, I've recently joined the forms, but I have had the Sims 4 since around when it came out and have about all of the add-ons besides a few which I mean to get sooner or later.
    My first ever Sims game was the third and I got that in 2013 and only had a few expansion packs for it, I wish I still enjoyed TS3, but since I am used to the newer style of TS4, I can not deal with TS3.

Hello @batmanspiderman1 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 3, then that has led you onto playing Sims 4. You would have spent lots of fun and enjoyable simming hours playing Sims 4 since it was released!
    The packs are great to have for the game! They add many special features, activities, worlds, venues and new item to the game. It is fun exploring what is in new packs!

• TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    @rosemow
    Ah thanks for that. Ive actually posted on like..two other peoples walls about it from looking up how to change it..One hasnt been active for a while(which I noticed after) and one was active today so Ill wait and see before messaging a third :') and thanks for the welcome :D
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
    @rosemow
    Ah thanks for that. Ive actually posted on like..two other peoples walls about it from looking up how to change it..One hasnt been active for a while(which I noticed after) and one was active today so Ill wait and see before messaging a third :') and thanks for the welcome :D

You’re welcome :)
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    I suppose I should introduce myself as well. I'm Heather and I've been around the Sims since the beginning. My website SimFreaks was well known, but after running it for 10 years, I took a break after Sims 3 came out and disappointed me. I'm usually lurking around and after years of managing a busy forum, I've enjoyed just sitting quietly back and checking in from time to time.
    simfreaks wrote: »
    I suppose I should introduce myself as well. I'm Heather and I've been around the Sims since the beginning. My website SimFreaks was well known, but after running it for 10 years, I took a break after Sims 3 came out and disappointed me. I'm usually lurking around and after years of managing a busy forum, I've enjoyed just sitting quietly back and checking in from time to time.

Hello @simfreaks :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims was released. You would have spent many happy and enjoyable hours over the time, creating, building and watching your sims living their lives in your games!
    It is special that you ran a simming website :) Simmers would have enjoyed visiting it.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • WinkoOfficialWinkoOfficial Posts: 16 Member
    what's up everyone? :)
    my name is Joe Winko (stage name). I'm 22 years old and I live down south. i Love the sims! and i post a lot of videos on YouTube :) and a lot of videos of me playing the sims also :)
    what's up everyone? :)
    my name is Joe Winko (stage name). I'm 22 years old and I live down south. i Love the sims! and i post a lot of videos on YouTube :) and a lot of videos of me playing the sims also :)

Hello @WinkoOfficial :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is special that you have your own YouTube channel ! :) You would enjoy producing simming videos to post on your channel . You may like to read the threads and post in the Video Haven section of the forums, where fellow video simmers post about their recent simming videos.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
  • DesertFlow3rDesertFlow3r Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello hello!

I'm news-ish to the sims, I haven't played any version before Sims 4 on PC and the only expansion I have is the free Christmas pack. I LOVE building and designing! I'm not as good as some players on youtube, I love coming up with new ideas and stretching myself. As of now, I have one main save, a save I build in exclusively, and one save that I'm currently working on the Room Challenge in.

In the real world, I'm a young dance teacher, choreographer, and a recent college grad. I love what I do and I also enjoy having time off to play! I'm an all around happy person who's still trying to figure out the forums ;) looking forward to chatting with ya'll more!
    Hello hello!

I'm news-ish to the sims, I haven't played any version before Sims 4 on PC and the only expansion I have is the free Christmas pack. I LOVE building and designing! I'm not as good as some players on youtube, I love coming up with new ideas and stretching myself. As of now, I have one main save, a save I build in exclusively, and one save that I'm currently working on the Room Challenge in.

In the real world, I'm a young dance teacher, choreographer, and a recent college grad. I love what I do and I also enjoy having time off to play! I'm an all around happy person who's still trying to figure out the forums ;) looking forward to chatting with ya'll more!

Hello @DesertFlow3r :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Building and designing homes and venues is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is great that we can enjoy building in a variery of different styles and designs, and enjoy furnishing with different colour schemes. It is very nice seeing our sims living in homes that we have especially designed for them or visiting our created community venues. It is nice bringing real life buildings into sims gameform.
    Congratulations on your graduation from College! :) It is very special and nice that you are a dance teacher and choreographer <3 You would be sharing your enjoyment of dancing with others.
    You will soon get used to how the forums work. It is a little confusing at the start but you will soon get used to it.
  • ThatGirlWhoDrawsCatsThatGirlWhoDrawsCats Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello!!! I'm a fantasy geek trying to learn how to draw, and I'm on the younger side of the spectrum (does anybody else use the word spectrum..? Just me? Oh.) and I only have the Sims 4. I used to play minecraft, and I love World of Warcraft, as well as wishing I could get overwatch. I have three cats, and while I'm not entirely comfortable sharing too much about my personal life, I'd love to discuss the game and make a few friends! :smile:
    Hello!!! I'm a fantasy geek trying to learn how to draw, and I'm on the younger side of the spectrum (does anybody else use the word spectrum..? Just me? Oh.) and I only have the Sims 4. I used to play minecraft, and I love World of Warcraft, as well as wishing I could get overwatch. I have three cats, and while I'm not entirely comfortable sharing too much about my personal life, I'd love to discuss the game and make a few friends! :smile:

Hello @ThatGirlWhoDrawsCats :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have three cats and enjoy drawing cats. Our pets are very special animal members of our family household. You would enjoy spending time playing with your cats.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads about the game, and find out helpful game tips.
  • Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello my name is Kenneth, i have been simming as long as i can remember, i played the first sims game, trying to become the best magician in makin magic, (and baking bread all day). Never played the sims 2 on pc (i do have the console version), the sims 3 i only tried out on a friends computer didn't got any further than building a house and getting annoyed by the movements. After that i got the sims 4 when it got released, somewhat disappointed, but still happy.

And now i'm constantly trying to build great houses (not that i'm good at it, since they always look like boxes). And building basement prisons for fun :trollface: . I also love building bunkers, kitchens and gardens in the sims 4.

The reason why i only now joined the forums is, because i have some great ideas for the future of the sims (i think), and also because i want to post my room builds somewhere.

I love watching game reviews and let's plays, playing games, laughing at funny bugs (not that they happen very often) and messing around with it's mechanics for my amusement, Further hobby's of mine are drawing (at this im also not very good), watching movies, and reading.
    Hello my name is Kenneth, i have been simming as long as i can remember, i played the first sims game, trying to become the best magician in makin magic, (and baking bread all day). Never played the sims 2 on pc (i do have the console version), the sims 3 i only tried out on a friends computer didn't got any further than building a house and getting annoyed by the movements. After that i got the sims 4 when it got released, somewhat disappointed, but still happy.

And now i'm constantly trying to build great houses (not that i'm good at it, since they always look like boxes). And building basement prisons for fun :trollface: . I also love building bunkers, kitchens and gardens in the sims 4.

The reason why i only now joined the forums is, because i have some great ideas for the future of the sims (i think), and also because i want to post my room builds somewhere.

I love watching game reviews and let's plays, playing games, laughing at funny bugs (not that they happen very often) and messing around with it's mechanics for my amusement, Further hobby's of mine are drawing (at this im also not very good), watching movies, and reading.

Hello @Kenneth4484 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1. Makin Magic is a great ep! Many simmers enjoy playing this pack’s features.
    Building is a great part of simming! It is a fun and enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is nice that you enjoy designing and furnisjing kitchens, and doing gardens for builds.
    We can gain lots of helpful tips and information from watching simming Let’s plays and game reviews .
  • Charmed-SistersCharmed-Sisters Posts: 33 Member
    Hello, I've returned to these forums after about 2 years, some may know me form tumblr?
    I used to be apart of the sims tumblr community religiously and I am thinking of returning one day just my life got pretty busy with dance but things seem to be settling down and I think I'll have time to continue my series 'Witches Of Moonlight Falls' which I put my heart into for my love of witches. Started the blog at 16 and had to stop at 19. Now 20 I miss the writing joy and the screensho challenges.
    Just introducing myself here, I wonder If I'll find anyone who I knew on tumblr here? That would be cool! If not I'm open to chatting with all everyone and anyone! <3
    Check out my story in my sig. It's based on Charmed, Witches of East End and even a mix of Marvel/DC comics and many other things. As magic can do anything lots of things happen *.*.*.* from time travel, mermaids to NSFW demon stuff :p get's pretty dramatic. Take a look, It gets better as the seasons progress as I get older: http://charmed-sisters.tumblr.com/Witches Of Moonlight Falls
  • BootiesrusBootiesrus Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello all :) I've just gotten some new sims 4 expansion backs after jumping in just recently! I'm a loyal Sims 2 player who still has managed to install it on her new laptop xD Also I love the Sims 2 still! <3
    I love building, check my gallery @ Bootiesrus! :3
    Hello @Charmed-Sisters :) Welcome back to the forums!
    Sims story writing is a very special part of simming! It is great that you have been enjoying writing the witches stories and sharing them with others. You would be a very creative person, and it is great that you are showing your creativity through writing the sims witches stories.
    Happy simming and story writing! :)
    Bootiesrus wrote: »
    Hello all :) I've just gotten some new sims 4 expansion backs after jumping in just recently! I'm a loyal Sims 2 player who still has managed to install it on her new laptop xD Also I love the Sims 2 still! <3
    I love building, check my gallery @ Bootiesrus! :3

Hello @Bootiesrus :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Congratulations on getting a new laptop! That is great! You will enjoy simming on it :)
    It is nice that you enjoy playing both Sims 2 and Sims 4. Both versions are very fun and enjoyable to play! They have their own special uniquely great features.
    I hope that you will enjoy having the new Sims 4 expansion packs in your game and exploring all the features that they hold.
    Happy building and simming! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top