Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    One of the female hairstyles from Dine Out comes with a bandana. It's hard to see it in the picture but it's there!
  • ElenadewyElenadewy Posts: 60 Member
    > @SimplyJen said:
    > Things I just learned recently...
    >
    > Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    > You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    > Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

Wowowow the cowplant thing, totally gonna test that out. It sounds awesome! (As I'm such a cowplant fan.)
  • BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    Elenadewy wrote: »
    > @SimplyJen said:
    > Things I just learned recently...
    >
    > Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    > You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    > Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

Wowowow the cowplant thing, totally gonna test that out. It sounds awesome! (As I'm such a cowplant fan.)

I was excited about having a cowplant so after I fished up the seed, I planted it. The very first day it was fully grown, it ate my Sim’s husband. I noticed it said my Sims were going to “eat the cake” and I didn’t know what that meant. I was able to cancel the action for my Sim but not for her husband. I didn’t realize they would autonomously go out there and mess with the cowplant, so it’s now in my inventory. Geez, I didn’t realize a few weeks ago when I started playing this game that it would be so dangerous!
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Didn’t know that if you edit a restaurant lot and put a high chair in, your toddlers could technically dine with your Sims!

Yes I really like that too! I edited the Fountainview penthouse and made it a restaurant with toddler chairs and a mini toddler playground outside (but usually the parents just to without their toddler and enjoy some quiet :D)
  • LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Found out that thanks to the Laundry Day EP a feature now shows up when you select the floor in front of your washer and dryer..."Clean Floor". Your sim will mop up the floor though there is no puddles. Unfortunately it only lets you mop in that one spot. I was hopeful it meant my sim could now mop the house but nope.
  • LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Things I just learned recently...

Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

How does one assign an emotion to a memory?
  • 3liza3liza Posts: 18 Member
    When you "search pocket" with the laundry stuff pack you can find a (not mounted) goldfish... I mean, I also forget my fishes in my pockets all the time :D:D
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Can Vampires turn children or not?
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    Not sure if I'm late with this...probably am but didn't know kids could use the karaoke machines and of course sing duets with adults.
    39655352704_5270117860_b.jpg
    39655353344_b38e3c0c2b_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    @AshtontoAshton22 no they cannot. But there is a mod for that as far as I know.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    ^ Indeed there is a mod. I tried it myself, but it was buggy back then in terms of usability and the fact that children would stretch with certain interactions like feeding on sims.
  • RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    Don't know if this has been said, but if you click on a door and click the option 'lock door for everyone but [Sims' name] it won't keep out household members if it the door to get in the house, I tried to lock out my other Sims while two of them were on a date inside and the household members just walked right in and interrupted the date. lol
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Did you know that if your sim throws a pets ball in the pool they'll jump in to retrieve it?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I just realized on accident today that if you're looking at your friendships etc in the relationship panel (home, friends, romantic, pets etc) that if you click on their picture you have options to text, ask to hangout etc. This blew my mind! For the past few years I've been using the phone for that. :D
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited February 2018
    I didn't realized until today, that sims can throw the ball in the water and have their dog chase after it. Thought that was a neat little detail. I also discovered from a gurus twitter that vampire sims can actually take plasma from dogs/cats while performing surgery. :o
    Post edited by crazycat_135 on
  • freakshowtylerfreakshowtyler Posts: 32 Member
    I had no idea until yesterday that the photography skill had become available without the purchase of Get to Work!
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I didn't know that a sim with sexy walkstyle loses it while walking their dog...
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    E09pNqM.png
    TIL you can send your alien abduction baby back to outer-space.
    2lub093.png
  • wakeuprosiwakeuprosi Posts: 41 Member
    I didn't know that as an adult, when you hover over a sibling/parent in the relationship bar it will tell you if you had a sibling rivalry for example or with a parent I got 'Good childhood' because there wasnt a lot of discipline and she had a good relationship with her parents :) I thought this was super cool! I'm sorry im so bad at explaining haha
    B)
  • MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I didn't know toddlers could use the dog doors xD
    cha cha cha
  • BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I just realized on accident today that if you're looking at your friendships etc in the relationship panel (home, friends, romantic, pets etc) that if you click on their picture you have options to text, ask to hangout etc. This blew my mind! For the past few years I've been using the phone for that. :D

Thanks! That’s helpful news to me.
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I just found out that neat sims can get an uncomfortable moodlet just because there's a pile of trash somewhere on the lot - they don't even have to be close to it.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I just discovered that the clothesline from Laundry stuff can break.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Do you suffer from the frequent and mysterious missing of your popcorn machines? Do you suspect your butler or maid for doing such a misdeed yet have no proofs whatsoever? No worries! Now you can have fresh made hot popcorns without concerning of your valuable kitchen application from being missing, because the solution is just that simple! Have a sim in your household to have the fresh cook trait and make some popcorns, and that’s it! I lost around 10-15 popcorn machines before I finally get so annoyed of going to b&b mode and replacing it, and tried to make some popcorns to see if it would still go missing. It won’t as long as there’s still popcorns in it! And for some reason my sweet Waltherchen always makes sure to make popcorns when some servings were taken away. Anyway, tho I am playing a vampire family, the popcorns do provides nice quick little snacks for my butler and the sim kid that Staud family adopted, and they also prevent me from paying that annoying 155 Simoleons constantly.

Another thing I find out is that in the fossil collection there’s a sand worm one that does not show in household collections! It seems that it only spawns in Sixam yet I went to there so many times and never get a single fossil spawned? Has anyone got it without debug? Is that just of my bad luck?

Speaking of that, when I did rotation play and change the current household to Eugen, the second son of my most frequently played household, it said fossil collection completed despite me not playing them for decades. I was so confused till I found all fossils in his wife Luna’s inventory. Seems that the game randomly chooses inactive sims to give some collectibles to use in Fleamarket? I let Eugen take all the fossil my main family don’t have and leave them there then sell all fossils remained...... Wait a second, did I sell a sand worm fossil?!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top