Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

dine out is riddled with bugs on my first play

13...Next

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don't get why the console gets a patch and its nothing that needs fixed like making Dine Out better to play or any of the other bugs that plaque the game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't get why the console gets a patch and its nothing that needs fixed like making Dine Out better to play or any of the other bugs that plaque the game.

Well dine out does need updating.
    What did they update?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »

What did they update?
    Is it really terrible update?
    Away down south without my ps4 pro. So not had a chance to update or see if there is patch notes until I get back next week.

Happy simmimg
    M ;)

What did they update?
    Away down south without my ps4 pro. So not had a chance to update or see if there is patch notes until I get back next week.

Happy simmimg
    M ;)
    It didn't fix the Dine Out stuff if thats what you wanted to know.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

What did they update?

Happy simmimg
    M ;)
    It didn't fix the Dine Out stuff if thats what you wanted to know.

Thanks pepperjax :)
    Oh really :(

It's really needed to.

I can't even learn the exsperemental food for my sim who like to cook. As you need to eat it to learn to cook each dish, like the food carts in city living to.

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    shotbyron wrote: »
    > @LoveMcQueen5683 said:
    > shotbyron wrote: »
    >
    > > @marcel21 said:
    > > MidnightAura wrote: »
    > >
    > > Sounds like the pc. They weren't kidding when they said console players would be getting the same experience as pc, right down to the bugs! :p
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > absolutely. I should have known with this games track record.
    > >
    > > if there not taking big features out of large packs
    > > turning expansions into worlds or game packs
    > > they are shipping the games riddled with bugs.
    > >
    > > I guess i just had hope the console wouldn't have been this buggy.
    > >
    > > No they weren't kidding
    >
    > Unfortunately anything in the gaming industry with the letters EA, are bound to have these issues. Big part of the reason I waited and bought this game on sale. EA likes to push product as fast as possible without any real testing. They also love to milk DLC for max profit. Which is why us console games will be waiting at least a year before we are caught up to PC. Instead of releasing it all at once or better yet, releasing it all on disk. They'll release it in pieces.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't think we will ever be caught up because new content is always coming for PC. I just hope they can find a balance of adding new content and old content to the console. I really dont want to wait a year for them to add laundry day, cats and dogs, and the new gamepack.

Yeah sadly I don't think we'll get all the content anytime soon. If they were in a hurry to release it, we would have gotten more than a game pack and a few stuff packs by now :/

We've gotten quite a few packs already and it's only been out for 2 months. But there's always more coming out for pc and it plum that they can't release them on the pc and console at the same time.[/qu

true

but not everybody likes those packs released. it will be another waiting game for those simmers weaiting for the packs they love.

makes you wonder if the reason they won't bring out packs at the same time as PC is incase it effects the PC sales.

Nope it has nothing to do with sales. Every console pack is ported from PC. They can’t begin the process of porting it over until the pack is finished.
  • SimGuruIcarusSimGuruIcarus Posts: 20 SimGuru (retired)
    12 hours waiting time on my first visit
    Waiting staff just standing around chatting
    No chefs turning up or simply just chatting at the bar.
    I choose my food and drink and sit and wait, and wait but Nada...

These seem to be the same bugs from the PC game
    Anybody else getting bugs on dine out for Ps4 or pro please?

Hi marcel21,

We are having trouble trying to reproduce your issue at our end.

Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

Do you have a great number of Sims created in the save file where this issue is occurring? Was the restaurant busy? Were the staff for the restaurant Sims from in game, or Sims from the "Not in World" category from Household Management?

Also, I encourage you to raise this issue in Answers HQ forum:

Answer HQ > Games > The Sims > The Sims 4 > Bug Reports

That is the channel we mainly use to work with Sims 4 issues.

Thank you very much.
    12 hours waiting time on my first visit
    Waiting staff just standing around chatting
    No chefs turning up or simply just chatting at the bar.
    I choose my food and drink and sit and wait, and wait but Nada...

These seem to be the same bugs from the PC game
    Anybody else getting bugs on dine out for Ps4 or pro please?

Hi marcel21,

We are having trouble trying to reproduce your issue at our end.

Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

Do you have a great number of Sims created in the save file where this issue is occurring? Was the restaurant busy? Were the staff for the restaurant Sims from in game, or Sims from the "Not in World" category from Household Management?

Also, I encourage you to raise this issue in Answers HQ forum:

Answer HQ > Games > The Sims > The Sims 4 > Bug Reports

That is the channel we mainly use to work with Sims 4 issues.

Thank you very much.
    It should be like the PC version was before they patched it to be better.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Hann23Hann23 Posts: 15 Member
    [quote="rekandtrs;c-16258618"]Did they not test the game before it went to console? It’s really crazy that we have the same bugs and issues that pc [i]had[/i]. You’d think they’d fix these things before realesing the same game... a second time. If they ever hire for bug testers I’d definitely do it because they obviously need them lol. Just like the sitting bug on pc where your sim magically starts swimming, I’ve encountered that in the console version. [b]WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED?[/b] why is the bugs from pc now on console? Whose doing the testing? Or is testing just not a thing lol. They taken 3 years to get the game on console. I feel like they transferred the game to pc to console in a course of a few months with all the same bugs happening... [/quote]

I wonder the same thing. It's like no one at EA plays the games before they release them or make copies for other platforms, smh.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    So, do kids just not go to restaurants because I never see them show up with families unless I controls the Sims family.
    [
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

What did they update?

I think it was small bug fixes and the majority of the roof update (cant individually change Eaves on one side of the roof like you can on pc by holding shift) the pc got back in November of last year before C&D came out.