Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An inventory sorter is desperately needed

2...Next

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    It would also help if they gave us standard scroll bars, so we could scroll down one page at a time by clicking below the scroll bar and scroll up one page at a time by clicking above it, instead of having to take a guess at the right spot to click.

Another thing that would help is a command on the refrigerator to Get Leftovers. We have a command to put leftovers into the refrigerator so I don't understand why we don't have one to take them back out.

If you click on the hunger icon in the needs panel (the ball on the left side of the bar) Sims will automatically grab leftovers from the fridge, but it's pretty random; my Sims tend to go for the leftover birthday cake over the Caprese salad (they must take after me in that regard).
    It would also help if they gave us standard scroll bars, so we could scroll down one page at a time by clicking below the scroll bar and scroll up one page at a time by clicking above it, instead of having to take a guess at the right spot to click.

Another thing that would help is a command on the refrigerator to Get Leftovers. We have a command to put leftovers into the refrigerator so I don't understand why we don't have one to take them back out.

If you click on the hunger icon in the needs panel (the ball on the left side of the bar) Sims will automatically grab leftovers from the fridge, but it's pretty random; my Sims tend to go for the leftover birthday cake over the Caprese salad (they must take after me in that regard).

I never prompt my sims to fill their hunger bar. Instead I have them make party sized meals a few times a week and stick them in the fridge right away. They always grab the leftovers now when their hunger gets to yellow or so. I don't even think about it unless I have them out and about.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Well I don't know about emptying it, but a chest we can auto empty it into like sims 3 would be nice.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I still feel the inventory should be sorted like the phone UI. Depending on how you play the game, storage chests/displays/designated rooms, etc, still have this one problem:

The game says I need a frog for bait. "Oh great, the frogs are back home on display." The game says I need an insect, two specific to GF fruits, and an herb to make the lotion for the bug bite. "Oh great, I deleted all that stuff to get it out of my inventory."

See what I mean? Unless the game allows us to switch back to home in order to drag off of the display and into the inventory, then what you need is an organized personal inventory. Doing it from build won't work either, because there are places we can't enter build.

Anyway, just my two cents. :D
  • strangestfruitstrangestfruit Posts: 53 Member
    I agree. I'd really like to see some better storage solutions... and an 'eat leftovers' option on the fridge so I don' thave to go hunting through it 's contents to find them something to eat. OTL.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    A sorter?

The whole inventory system has to be reworked.
    This one was okay in Sims 3/Medieval but that was ages ago. Today this looks like a bad code or code went wrong thing.

I've already added it (#7) in ideas section within "What CAN be done to fix TS4?" thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13150053#Comment_13150053

• mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I would also like a filter for the fertilizing.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    I find that when I click on the hunger symbol so they'll satisfy the hunger need their own way, they default to leftovers, even if there's fresh food on the counter.

EDIT: Always read the rest of a thread before responding - I was beaten to this :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Well I don't know about emptying it, but a chest we can auto empty it into like sims 3 would be nice.

They have one at MTS:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545123
  • Nipx351Nipx351 Posts: 191 Member
    I'd like to be able to filter with a text field (I can type fruit, drink, bug, seed, etc.) or apple, fish, plant, cherry or trout - basically let me filter groups and individual items. I apologize if this has been requested already.
  • GoddessKarmaGoddessKarma Posts: 52 Member
    There needs to be a put away all fruits and veggies option, I hate dragging each one into the fridge to clear up my inventory and a herbalism shelf would be cool for the items that can't be put in the fridge and a floral locker for flowers but we should really be able to put the flowers around the house in a vase for decor.
  • Lunachic62391Lunachic62391 Posts: 161 Member
    In all seriousness, I'd be happy just to have an arrow on my sliders so I can go up and down one line of inventory at a time, as opposed to grabbing the slider bar and hoping I manage to move my hand just a mm so I can see what's in inventory!
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    I was just looking for a way to sort my inventory and this thread came up. There's a game I play that if you right click in the inventory it sorts automatically and groups like items together. Would love if that would be a feature they can implement at some point.
  • SesheteSeshete Posts: 5 New Member
    We have the Buyer Beware and Ornate Beauty chests in the base game: why can't they store everything? Why are so many things not able to be put in those, OR the fridge, OR the bookcase?

And please please PLEASE change those chests so that each chest has a separate inventory! I want to be able to have one chest for minerals (metals and crystals and fossils oh my). One chest for seeds. One chest for artifacts. One chest for insects. And so on and so on.

Please please pretty please with sugar on top and a maraschino cherry!
  • Imaginativ3Imaginativ3 Posts: 51 Member
    It seems a few people have already said the same thing but I'll add my two cents anyway. I think along with a sorting system, there could also be objects in the game to store certain things - similarly to the chests a few people have already mentioned.

For example:
    • a bait & tackle box to store all the items you would use for bait
    • some kind of composter to store items you want to use for fertilizer
    • a basket to store fruits/vegetables/herbs etc.
    • a backpack to store books

These storage objects could themselves be placed inside your inventory so if you're going fishing, you can open your sim's inventory and click on the tackle box where you will find all the bait you need. Of course, you could also have the option to sort & organize the items within these objects however you wish.

Plus, how cool would it be if when you placed one of these objects in your inventory, your sim automatically adds to it? For example, if you buy a basket and place it in your inventory, everytime your sim goes to harvest a plant/tree the item goes directly into the basket instead of you having to manually place it there.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    It seems a few people have already said the same thing but I'll add my two cents anyway. I think along with a sorting system, there could also be objects in the game to store certain things - similarly to the chests a few people have already mentioned.

For example:
    • a bait & tackle box to store all the items you would use for bait
    • some kind of composter to store items you want to use for fertilizer
    • a basket to store fruits/vegetables/herbs etc.
    • a backpack to store books

These storage objects could themselves be placed inside your inventory so if you're going fishing, you can open your sim's inventory and click on the tackle box where you will find all the bait you need. Of course, you could also have the option to sort & organize the items within these objects however you wish.

Plus, how cool would it be if when you placed one of these objects in your inventory, your sim automatically adds to it? For example, if you buy a basket and place it in your inventory, everytime your sim goes to harvest a plant/tree the item goes directly into the basket instead of you having to manually place it there.

This is such a neat idea! What a cute way to incorporate story/world with functionality! Maybe there could be a lunchbox for a limited number food items that would slow decay? We got sack lunches with parenthood, but it's kind of useless since the food still goes bad just as quickly and we could already store plates in the inventory anyway. Ooh, and a portable terrarium for collecting frogs and bugs! What's cool about this, is it basically gives the player the ability to help decide how they want things to be sorted depending on what kind of game they're playing.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who's sim has so much stuff in their pockets that it starts to become impossible to find things when you need them. But yet for example you don't want to throw them away since they might be ingredients for an herbal remedy or cooking etc.

We need to have a feature to sort all of this. The first one would be a search bar that functions like the one in Build/Buy You can search for items then the others will dissapear except the ones you're looking for. So search for "treefish" will get the magical treefish to only appear in your inventory (assuming you have it)

The second method would be a way to FILTER out only certain types. It would function like the one in cas. For example "Show only fish, herbs, fruits, plants, furniture" etc.

The third method would be a sort by. An example would be sort by Date obtained, Type (fish, herbs, my sims etc), quantity, Rarity, Alphabetically etc.

Anyone else agree with me that we need better inventory sorting features?

Agreed. We also need a way to delete everything in the inventory.
  • witneywitney Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anyone from EA responded to this request?
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I have a sim in the science carreer. His inventory is so full of plants , metals and gems and he uses them all the time. Not to mention elixers he needs to poison test his co-workers with . Would be wonderful if they were all sorted , It's a nightmare.
    Laugh out loud. Often