Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to adopt senior animals!

When the game was first announced, one of my first thoughts was how I wanted to have a save where my sim would adopt senior cats and dogs and give them a ton of love and affection for their remaining days on SimEarth (something I wish I could do in real life). Imagine my disappointment when I saw you could only adopt puppies/kittens or adult animals. I mean, would it have been that big of a deal to include senior animals? I hope in a future patch they make it an option but for now I just wanted to see if anyone had similar feelings and whatnot. Anyone agree with me?

Happy Simming!

PS. I know I can make senior animals in CAS and add them in to households but you could make the same agrument about making puppies/kittens or adult animals and adding them the same way which would make the whole 'adopt' option pretty much useless.
tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
I do not own the above gif.

Comments

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I’ve never thought about this, now that you mention it senior animals should be an available adoption option.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    You can adopt strays...you have to befriend them and put in some effort, just like you'd have to do with a real-life stray. Unless you've turned off aging, the strays will age into elders eventually and you'll be able to adopt them as elders.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I feel the same. Strays only exist in Brindleton Bay and almost none of my families live there. I would've loved to be able to adopt an elderly cat and I do plan to open a sanctuary for elderly and sickly cats in real life once I've settled down somewhere with enough room.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i got distracted by your adorable signature lol.
    i have yet to adopt any pets, but yea i guess, wouldn't hurt anything to add that.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Loe222Loe222 Posts: 2 New Member
    Heyy i want to ask, With Cats and Dogs expansion can sims go to Festival like in City Living? ‬
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I think it's always random. Most of the time you'll see adult pets and kittens/puppies there. It's rare to see elder pets as if you have aging turned on die. If elder pet gets taken away or is given away, then you'll see one in the adoption pool.
    I use this trick: If I don't find any pets to adopt, I create one. I go to the Manage Households in Manage Worlds, choose my household and then click on the pencil button. There I can add and create a pet.
    Loe222 wrote: »
    Heyy i want to ask, With Cats and Dogs expansion can sims go to Festival like in City Living? ‬

Festivals still happen in San Myshuno and your sim can go there no matter where they live. However, there aren't any new festivals in Brindleton Bay. You can take pets there with your sim, but they won't be able to use most of the objects.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I guess you could adopt an adult pet and age them up with a cheat. But that's a bit of an immersion-breaking workaround.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-