Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Mysticangel13Mysticangel13 Posts: 3 New Member
    @kilra0 Thank you so much!
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #88: A Fairy Tale Cottage
    FORUM ID: Laebeth
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Woodlands Cottage
    LOT COST: 22.999,-
    LOT NAME: Daisy Hovel, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: 2.000,-
    TOTAL COST: 24.999,-
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: In the end I went for a rather simple cottage. I wanted to create a cute little cottage you'd stumble upon while in the woods, and I tried to balance the interior and the landscaping. I didn't want to do to much on the outside, then be left with little on the inside, and vice versa. Hopefully I achieved that goal! I also had the idea of this cottage really using what nature has to offer, so not only can you fish up tonights dinner in the duck pond, you can also wash your clothes there. In the backyard there is a small vegetable and herb garden (notice a few herbs hanging over the stove?) so you always have fresh ingredients to cook with.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

n3xZ8Fl.png
    h5vDM8y.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3AF9C30C11BF11E885244F32FBA7C62C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: 23,466
    TOTAL COST: 24,966
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/5GW8v
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NONE
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    02-12-18_5-32-21nbspPM_zpswksx9wdg.png
    02-14-18_12-32-07nbspPM_zpsch1m2yfx.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Wow, all these new fairy cottages are so gorgeous. <3 Welcome back @gmcrozier :)
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    FORUM ID: Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Country Cottage https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0C262DF2121211E8858D49DCFA92130C
    LOT NAME: Crick Cabana, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: 23,499
    TOTAL COST: 24,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/D9tiB
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to give the feel of a little forest cottage. Appliances and fixtures are a just slightly better than "basic" so that Louise wouldn't get any of those pesky negative moodlets. The bookcase has been fully stocked with a variety of books. Now, Louise can kick back in her comfy chair in front of the fire, and go on an adventure. A beginner's garden and chair are in the backyard so Louise can read all about gardening then practice it and maybe earn a little extra selling her veggies at the market. An easel is also available so Louise can decorate her cottage with her own artwork.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NONE
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    y24DLyw.png
    Ild91vi.png
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    FORUM ID:LadyAlexiel
    ORIGIN ID:LadyAlexiel
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Into the woods
    LOT NAME: Streamlet Single, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: 23,493
    TOTAL COST: 24,993
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: link here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to make a small cottage in the wood near a river with a bridge. Due to the budget restriction the river look more like a pond. It surround by trees to give the impression that the cottage is in a forest. Most of the furniture look ancient to fit with the wallpaper.The reading area is in Louise bedroom.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    I6Jxle8.png
    FxPLyYC.png
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Laebeth
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    HOUSEHOLD: Just Louise
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Louise is plain. She doesn't like a lot of make up. She doesn't fix up her hair. She doesn't follow any fashion trends. She likes the simple things in life. Her outfits are quite ordinary and plain, both in style and color scheme. She enjoys doing her own gardening, and also loves to cook with the produce from her vegetable garden. She is in the medical career and loves to help people. Her love of books has even prompted her to join a local book club, so she can hang out with like minded book enthusiasts!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Dhc3jOl.png
    kwiDJrD.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Mysticangel13 Very cool treehouse. I love the way you built the house around the tree in the middle. I'm very excited to see that that's even possible!! Cool!

@Laebeth..well, lady, another wonderful build! So charming and warm and your Louise is adorable. I love the laundry pic! And ducks! Ducks rule!!

@gmcrozier - Very lovely. Such a pretty little tudor and the inside is so inviting!! I tried to check out your slide show but didn't have any luck, kept getting ad bombed! I hope it's just me!

@xraygrl2004 - Charming! The ivy outside is so pretty and the landscaping and interior are just beautiful!

@ladyalexial - Very very pretty little cottage. Love that little bridge and such a great conservation of space without sacrificing comfort!

Great job, everyone! And @buildnshare - what a wonderful theme! Thanks so much!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Aww, man... I missed in the brief we were supposed to use a lot in Willow Creek. I've almost finished the exterior, but built my cottage on the Mid Nowhere lot on the island in Windenberg. *sniff* I don't think there's a lot in Willow Creek the same size, is there?

I absolutely love tiny/small builds and cozy cottages especially so was excited for this round. Oh well... I adore my little cottage anyway so I'll keep building I guess and use it for one of my Sims.

Anyway, I'm in awe of all the beautiful, enchanting and magical entries so far, y'all are so talented! Good luck everyone and Happy Simming! <3
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    FORUM ID: leochick123
    ORIGIN ID: Leochick123
    LOT: ea .com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9DD63EAB12D111E88036BEA510A0CE73
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Potters' Splay
    BUILD COST: 22,392
    TOTAL COST: 24,892
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur .com/a/nLGx2
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the first home I've ever built with guidelines and a budget. I tried to really give all of the options from decor to furniture to the aesthetic, a nice fantasy cottage feeling. For the color scheme, I thought, coppers and gold complimented the midtone wood and blue hues nicely. I know it could use a lot more detail but I wasn't sure how to fit it into the budget.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, just moveobjects and some resizing on a tree.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: imgur .com/6tlQ8OY
    imgur .com/agEoF3e
    SLpPUp.png
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    HOUSEHOLD: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C4F5691112BD11E884AD8E71FEE6BF92
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/mk1un
    ENTRY DETAILS: I really tried to channel what I thought someone as shy and soft spoken as Louise might look like by going with simple updos for the hair and clothing with more coverage that still looked comfortable. I also thought reading glasses wouldn't hurt.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: i.imgur.com/baXtORR.png
    i.imgur.com/mfIZQmY.png

Also I'm sorry the links don't work, I haven't posted enough to actually post links so they're all missing the http part, and I honestly can't figure out how to make the pics show up as anything other than text
    SLpPUp.png
    edited February 2018
    @leochick123 It's really inconvenient when you can't post links yes.. but I am sure someone will help you with that in the thread. There's always helpful people around :blush: I'd do it myself but I never figured out how people do it, haha, it never works for me :neutral:

Regarding the photos in imgur, are you pasting the right link? In imgur there is a small drop down menu in the corner of each picture, and from there you choose "Get share links". Here you can copy the BBCode link and paste it right into the post.

In other words, don't use the copy option that's on the picture itself, go into the drop down menu as explained :blush: Then it should show as pictures!

For the slide show itself you can use the copy option on the right side of the photos to copy the entire album.

@Karababy52 Oh no! There is no 20x20 in Willow Creek no.. :cry: You would have to move it to a 30x20. Daisy Hovel og Bargain Bend are probably the cheapest options, but still you'd have to re budget to account for the 500,- extra simoleons. You can do it though! Just gotta adjust things a bit :wink:

@Ainsleyf Thank you smooches! I thought I'd do the Sim challenge for a change, just to give you a little competition. haha! Seriously though ,it's just that I need the practice, and that I enjoy creating a Sim after a long building streak. hehe. Change of pace :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2018
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9DD63EAB12D111E88036BEA510A0CE73
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Potters' Splay
    BUILD COST: 22,392
    TOTAL COST: 24,892
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.imgur.com/a/nLGx2
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the first home I've ever built with guidelines and a budget. I tried to really give all of the options from decor to furniture to the aesthetic, a nice fantasy cottage feeling. For the color scheme, I thought, coppers and gold complimented the midtone wood and blue hues nicely. I know it could use a lot more detail but I wasn't sure how to fit it into the budget.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, just moveobjects and some resizing on a tree.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 6tlQ8OY.png

agEoF3e.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C4F5691112BD11E884AD8E71FEE6BF92
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.imgur.com/a/mk1un
    ENTRY DETAILS: I really tried to channel what I thought someone as shy and soft spoken as Louise might look like by going with simple updos for the hair and clothing with more coverage that still looked comfortable. I also thought reading glasses wouldn't hurt.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: baXtORR.png

mfIZQmY.png

Also I'm sorry the links don't work, I haven't posted enough to actually post links so they're all missing the http part, and I honestly can't figure out how to make the pics show up as anything other than text

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2018
    @leochick123 - Welcome to Build n Share!!

I have updated your links to make them 'live', also if you would like to showcase some images, paste the links like you did and I can make them work for you as well.

EDIT: I just noticed you already did, I'll fix 'em for you now :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »
    @Karababy52 Oh no! There is no 20x20 in Willow Creek no.. :cry: You would have to move it to a 30x20. Daisy Hovel og Bargain Bend are probably the cheapest options, but still you'd have to re budget to account for the 500,- extra simoleons. You can do it though! Just gotta adjust things a bit :wink:

Yep, checked it out earliar and realized the same thing. I decided to move my build to Daisy Hovel. Besides the loss of 500 simoleans, there's actually a ton more room to fill up too. o.O I'm working it out though. The only bummer part was a few of my MOO'ed objects fell from their positions once it was placed and some terrain paint disappeared. *sigh*

I know there's a trick to making sure MOO'ed objects stay in position when placing a lot, but for the life of me I don't remember what it is. Anybody know? I tried placing it with MOO on and MOO off. Didn't make a difference either way. I was placing the lot while in build mode on Daisy Hovel though. Do I need to place it from Manage Worlds?

The only problem I can see doing that is in positioning. I have a debug pond that's right on the edge of the lot with some flowers here and there around it. When placing it from the lot, I have to move it over a square because there's a plant hanging outside the lot grid that was yellow which I think indicates that object will be deleted right?

I apologize for all the questions. Can you tell I don't move lots around very much? lol
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LOT: Brownie Cubby
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Brownie Cubby
    BUILD COST: §23,500
    TOTAL COST: §25,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: More pictures!
    ENTRY DETAILS: I LOVE this house! :D It's so fun to play in, a new style for me too. It was built with a person who really loves the outside in mind. Looks like this home belongs in a fairy tale book for sure. I even built two versions, but we'll only worry about one right now.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DWKK7XXWAAEAC1v.jpg:large
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I have loved looking through all these wonderful builds! You all are so imaginative! I have been working on other projects and couldn't seem to get a good idea for the past the last 2 BNS challenges. Hopefully when things calm down I can join in again. :)
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    edited February 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #88: A Fairy Tale Cottage - Louise Ehrmantraut
    FORUM ID
    : Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: Build - Established CAS - Starting Out (I've not worked with CAS all that much so you can put me in whichever category you think best)
    HOUSEHOLD: Ehrmantraut
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zdF8d
    ENTRY DETAILS: Louise is a cheerful, creative bookworm with Friend of the World aspirations. She's slightly shy and is hoping that working as a Medical Assistant at the Willow Creek Retirement Village will help make her a little more outgoing. She loves her job and was recently bequeathed a small sum from her favorite resident. Louise wanted closer to work so she commissioned "Country Cottage" to be built. Now, she can walk to work, has room to let her creative juices flow, and maybe, one day, she'll get a chance to write that book of "Good Ol' Day" stories she enjoys hearing from the residents on a daily basis.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    oxa6JbW.png
    CDQf7XZ.png
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @leochick123 - I really like the blend of subtle colors and your window/door/column/wall treatment combination. Very cool and your Louise is very cute. Great homebody style clothing!

@fidgetyatom - wow, what a great lshape to the house and the lined walkway is just so pretty!

@xraygrl2004 - Great Louise! Love the hair you chose for her everyday look!
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    HOUSEHOLD: Ehrmantraut
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Louise Ehrmantraut
    ENTRY DETAILS: So, I felt that she was a kind of shy person, simple, and yet charming. Someone you could easily find yourself comfortable being around. The way I made Louise was based on her being like a butterfly. (I don't know why, just thought butterflies and birds when I think of her) I even tried implementing that in her home. She's a plain girl who loves reading, enjoys being outside, and is very good in general. Her aspiration per request is Friend of the World. One day she will get there! I really love playing with Louise and she's become one of my favorites very quickly.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, I'm new to this.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DWMeuvsXcAMSjRx.jpg
    DWMejcHX0AI1IkU.jpg
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I wish i had time to get one in. I LOVE cottages! @fidget070500 The roof lines on yours are excellent! Everyone does such a wonderful job though that I need several more towns to fit everything in! :D
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Haha luckily, There is a new world on its way :#@JasonAnthonySterling In jungle Adventure
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    @kilra0 I was ooo-in' and ahhh-in' browsing down the list of entries, then I got to yours! Literally a jaw dropper! What pack did you use to make that breath taking lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top