Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, it's been a month since Laundry Day release...

paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
So as the title says, it's now been a month since the release of Laundry Day. I remember all the hype it brought to those that wanted laundry, and those that didn't feel the hype due to many reasons. Now that it's been a month and the SP has had time to let soak in (pun intended) I'd like to gauge community opinion of how the pack is now after a month of release. Do you feel it continues to live up to expectations, or has the laundry become stale after too many washes? This is also my first forum poll so excuse any poll hiccups.
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

So, it's been a month since Laundry Day release... 344 votes

I bought Laundry Day and yes, I still find enjoyment in doing laundry!
34%
Akl500Pauroraael14bshag4lvGoldmoldarpoeticnebulaDerellaBreeSashaKhariiIcewolfalan650111IceyJSims2fanx0xmissmani09HowGreatThouArtMLadyAzzeraAngel_mixdanacnbrettSimpatsyannBrokenChaos69Twylaa 118 votes
I bought Laundry Day and no, doing laundry has become such a bore now...
9%
SimsontheropeGoth583SchantalXBanana00CreamXdrake_mccartyKaeChan2089PinkSugar81Fonxi121994gothprincess4everRamblineRoseFelicityGrandRailsunspriterSavvySimmieSterretjeeeKathykinsquinhobpasouthernwriterNoree_DoreeTaraIris94 31 votes
I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
22%
icmnfrshKita5399FeenkittyJasejeLlyBeAn1573Omri147BlkBarbiegalBluebeard45Colorist40TaraWinksshadyladynzWritin_RegelemmeleCeres_Meirionaginnymalfoy22texasangeljotajejepamy1124taydevthereesespiece 79 votes
I didn't buy Laundry Day but I still would love to purchase so I can have laundry!
7%
SamadamsPlayermollybrooke22zagboorulestwilight_aerithauginstinemuseman98fionaloveserranoSimsChica2013TimelordSnowyannaliese393KNPensurraaaaaaxxLucky185xxBreazonaspontaneousivyMekoSharkBooDaBoo5HopeyStarrlinral21PrincessSimcess 27 votes
I didn't buy Laundry Day and wouldn't buy it due to no interest in laundry/missed the mark on eco-living theme
18%
IdontrcallneutralsidetobumonimhappyjustChrisUkIrdiwenJoAnne65mlmeadowscherparAlmightyBlahDryodaFinvolakittymeowbixtersfullspiralwormstache999TheHeku4JemztoneAngelEb95HappyFuzzyKitty 64 votes
Other (please explain)
7%
KristinaelanorbretonAnmirlaLadyDecafBagoas77Mindofyashcrash19papertonguefrogkiss1ChampandGirlieLadyKynFrancl27XxAirixXcatitude5lele62boykinater18BooV7227garapoesmustenitinacolada00 25 votes

Comments

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Other (please explain)
    the cas and gameplay are unimpressive to me. i might eventually buy for the bb, idk.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Other because the bugs really don't make it as enjoyable.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day and wouldn't buy it due to no interest in laundry/missed the mark on eco-living theme
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Other because the bugs really don't make it as enjoyable.

And if those bugs were to be fixed?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    edited February 2018
    I still enjoy it. I have a few stay-at-home moms and dads (toddlers are such a handful) and it's part of their routine to do laundry every once in a while.

+ I love the furniture and decorations that came with the pack, I use those all the time...
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I still enjoy it, but there are bugs that needs to be fixed immediately.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I love a lot of things about the pack, but it makes my sims do this animation of brushing off or picking at their clothes constantly. It's so annoying, and I might have to remove the laundry objects from my household to hopefully make them stop.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day but I still would love to purchase so I can have laundry!
    I'm fairly behind on my stuff pack buying (I just recently got Bowling Stuff) so it'll probably be a while before I can get it because I'm strange and like to go in release order with the pack types but it's definitely something I'm interested in getting at some point down the road.
    ~ ~ ~
  • sdbvs4sdbvs4 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > After my sim smelled another sim and then started laughing hysterically and died from it, I’ve been over laundry.

This is absolutely hilarious. Love it!!!
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Maybe later on sale for CAS and buildbuy items.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I downloaded it and I almost haven't used the washing aspect from it. It takes like 3 simdays to do your laundry wth. The clothes are nice though.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018
    Other (please explain)
    I was gifted the pack. While some of the furniture gets used, the main gameplay feature "laundry" was tried only once before the objects being promptly deleted. I am waiting for the actual eco-living type pack that was promised. The CAS items are not the good and too chic looking to me too.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes, it's a chore, and I wish Off The Grid would have won instead (although seriously, GP team, take a shot at it, throw in some farming & we're good), but it's a chore I did miss having in my game. Single parents need to do laundry, teens living on their own wash it by hand, elders like to hang it out to dry and play with their grandkids outside. Whatever, I still enjoy it. Not that laundry is the most exiting feature ever (and I still believe they should've just thrown it in with CL), but it's one I wanted nonetheless. :)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
    So far I've used the BB stuff the most. My Sims have done some laundry and I have begun adding it to some existing households, but I haven't dived deep in yet.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2018
    even with the bugs I'm still enjoying it. with a large family there is a lot to be washed, so I have a washing line. and a washer/ dryer . I do wish the toddlers and kids could play in the wash bucket with clean water and actually get clean though, and not dirty.
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    I like having the Sims hang the clothes on the line. I used to enjoy doing this, but can't do it where I live now. So it's a vicarious enjoyment. Also, I like how the Sims get moodlets from wearing clean clothes.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2018
    I was gifted the pack. While some of the furniture gets used, the main gameplay feature "laundry" was tried only once before the objects being promptly deleted. I am waiting for the actual eco-living type pack that was promised. The CAS items are not the good and too chic looking to me too.
    Its a laundry pack with ways to do eco friendly things it isn't entirely eco friendly. I just think they went overboard on the moodlets for the laundry because they tend to put my sims in extreme danger of dying.

Post edited by pepperjax1230 on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    After my sim smelled another sim and then started laughing hysterically and died from it, I’ve been over laundry.

Hilarious...

I'm enjoying having my sims do laundry. Since the sims automatically make the beds, they don't need to water their landscaping, and things don't seem to get as dirty as often, the laundry balances out the "chore" aspect nicely.

And, I was very motivated to make a sim (who was about to keel over from old age) get her handiness up to 8 so she could finally upgrade that gosh-darn dryer to stop breaking.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    The washer/dryer/washtub/clothes line are the only thing from the pack that I don't use. LOL. Well, I take that back. I do have one household that has the w/d. I hate laundry in real life so I don't think those items add to the game play. I do like everything else in the pack though.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Didn't buy. IF I ever buy it will be for the CAS and build/buy objects and to complete the S4 collection. I've no intention of using the laundry game play feature so it will only be worth it to me to buy it if it ever goes down to $5.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    It's still everything I wanted out of the pack. As one of the more vocal proponents, I knew what I wanted wasn't huge, sim altering gameplay, but rather a more realistic, immersive feature, and it still holds to that. I love it!
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I'm pretty sure i'm going to get it eventually. Like others i'm behind on my stuff packs and LD isn't my top priority at the moment. Don't get me wrong I like the items and i'm considering adding them to my game.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    edited February 2018
    Other (please explain)
    I didn’t vote for eco living and I didn’t vote for laundry. BUT, I bought the stuff pack and I don’t regret it. The build buy items are so cute! And even though I don’t enjoy doing laundry in my game, it helps complete what a real home should look like. All I’m missing now is garages, driveways, and cars. And maybe a swing set in the backyard ha.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I'll eventually buy it, as I like the furniture, decor, and most of CAS, but I want to try to wait until a sale.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018
    Other (please explain)
    @pepperjax1230

I said i was waiting for an ACTUAL eco-living pack that was promised. A majority the stuff pack has NOTHING to do with eco-living, and that is just how i view it. Unfortunately, since the devs are from the silicon valley, i highly doubt they will ever go the eco-living route as I see it while living in the Midwest in fly-over country.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on