Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglars? Haven't seen any

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    But, Sims 4 is rated T for Teen.

What adult themed content could burglars possibly have?
    Previous games had burglars and it stayed on T. Right now, vampires can break in to drink sims and The Sims 4 is still rated T.
    If burglars could do harm to sims like murder them, it would raise the rating. If it's just to steal stuff and sims can get them away or call police, no it won't. Yes, they had scary music with them, but it doesn't make The Sims into a horror game.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Not in Russia!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 Yes, but this is a game for children too so maybe It can´t be too scary because of kids. So I thought that villains/heroes would be softer...
    @Nectere, thanks for the tip, I have been lurking at that thread and it´s on my list of challenges to try :smile:

First, this game isn't for kids. It's for Teens though. That's supposedly the targeted demographic. Also, when I was a kid I saw burglars on cartoons, so....that's silly.

I'm pretty sure most kids would find it silly, I mean have you seen the burglar costumes from past games? It's meant to be like a pin up robber from cartoons with a mask and a stripe black and white shirt. It's not a guy with a covered head and a gun doing property damage, taking hostages and shooting sims. People take things to seriously and put it on the kids. Honestly the music is more scary than the burglar itself but that's suppose to scare the player.

latest?cb=20080312035437

They'd probably look like this (it's fan art)

tumblr_osj6qbOsVR1tcw5z8o1_500.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Not in Russia!

Not in Russia reportedly because of the same sex couple relations sims can have.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Burglars has been a thing in pretty much all Sims franchise and now because they believed it's triggering, they took it out.
    -eyeroll-
    Sorry but vampires breaking in don't trigger these people then?
    It's getting dumbed down at this point.
    [
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The only thing scary about burglars when I was a kid was the stinger music in The Sims 1. Otherwise they're very comical. I agree that they're meant to look cartoonish, like the ones I saw on TV as a kid. And I do like the unpredictability that burglars introduce to the game, so I hope they come back this year. (And fine, a toggle switch as well for those who don't want them)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hey all I've done a quick clean-up of the thread. On this please don't bash others or their opinions and please aim to discuss the topic rather than people.
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    I never liked burglars, they are annoying because they came almost every household and just woke everyone up and did the same thing every time. But I think it would be cool to have some kind of villains in the game. Maybe even a superhero/villain pack for creating either villain or a hero. Both of them could have their own power path for character creation.

Fantastic suggestion imo ! That's great feedback @Jadeleine :)

I would love superheros and comicbook stuff
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • notmothergothelnotmothergothel Posts: 42 Member
    @EgonVM , My comment was in regard to someone stating that children play this game and it may be too scary for them. Well, this game isn't directed towards children being a Teen rating. I'm all for burglars, don't get me wrong. I was just trying to point out the obvious.
    @paradiseplanet, I see that in Russia the game is rated "mature".

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'd like to see the return of burglars although my sims live in a haunted house with maid service the maid likes to steal tablets and the ghost likes to steal spoiled food late at night.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member

It's rated M though. I have never seen a game or movie with a rating such as "T" in my life.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    theFella wrote: »

It's rated M though. I have never seen a game or movie with a rating such as "T" in my life.

In US it is Teen.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm fine with no burglars. I can't even go to sleep if i know/feel that my front door is unlocked, i don't need my Sims like that too, better yet it actually happening to them.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I loved the burglar. When my Sims couldn't afford an alarm it made the game difficult to replace things that got stolen when a Sim household was just starting out. And how their aspirations were dragged down with bad things that happened.

I loved it when an alarm was installed and the police would come along and try and capture the burglar, they didn't always succeed because it depended how "fit" the Sim was. Even a Sim in the household could try and tackle the burglar if they were fit enough.

I miss many of the NPC's that used to be in previous Sim games and how it was out of control of the player once a burglar entered the lot, a bit like when the vampire enters a lot in the Sims 4. Another NPC I really miss is the Social Bunny, because when things like the burglar appearing and items getting stolen gave your Sim bad moods and could tip your Sim over the edge. The Social Bunny would appear and pick them up.

RepoMan was a lot more fun when he turned up instead of getting a message now about water and electricity being turned off. To me these kind of "uncontrollable" animations was part of the Sims.

The Charlatan was another thing he would come on community lots and take from your Sim, I did find it annoying but when you don't have these sort of things in the game you do miss them. It made for some great pictures which I used to capture in the Sims 2 and the put them into the "custom painting" file so my Sims could paint it and sell it through Open for Business.

I don't like fires in my game but it was a whole lot more entertaining when the firefighters turned up. Now our Sims produce a magical extinguisher and put the fire out, no skill is needed. Not as entertaining as a fire truck or firefighters turning up. And I have had quite a lot of fires in the Sims 4 with more packs added, but not had a death so far. I am waiting on that, although I'm not sure I would like my Sim dying in the middle of my controlled game, although we all know there are things that can save a Sim from dying in the Sims 4.

These are just some of the things I miss in the Sims 4.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Only person that comes creepin' in your house are vampires, except they're here to steal your plasma and not your toilet. :p

Or to stand outside your front door until they die of sun exposure. :o
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2018
    Maggiedoll wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Only person that comes creepin' in your house are vampires, except they're here to steal your plasma and not your toilet. :p

Or to stand outside your front door until they die of sun exposure. :o

My sim is an early riser, she goes jogging each morning and invariably finds a vamp dragging itself home only to be stopped for a chat with my sim as she slowly lures the steaming vamp back to her abode. 'Lets discuss the finer points of heat exhaustion shall we?'

k1Cmfvm.jpg

and her job is done.
    nokI2be.jpg
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    I don’t miss them. It was fun beating up the burglars, but my most recent S3 game they showed way way too often. Like several times a week often. Only marginally less annoying than paparazzi.

I couldn't stand the paparazzi, I was so happy when I found a mod to disable them!! I pray they DO NOT bring them back to sims 4.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I wish they would bring back burglars and firefighters as well. I mean, they're iconic to The Sims series! (Especially the burglar)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I miss the burglar and want him or her back. @PrincessrozeeS summed it up beautifully for me.
  • ScarletonScarleton Posts: 55 Member
    Burglars would be great. Actually, you know what be ever greater? Adding burglars and then having a burglar section in the criminal career of which you can join and you'd have to complete certain tasks in order to get into and out of the house without being caught. Things like disabling the alarm system, getting into the house buy a window, making sure that you don't go into a room with sim unless they're sleeping, sticking to the rooms that have the lights off. You would have to steal a specific item in order for the heist to be successful. I think it would be a fun addition. But really, just the addition of burglars would be fine enough, the rest of my comment is just a pipe dream.

And maybe, just maybe when/if they add cars they'll bring back firefighters (career opportunity?) and police NPCs. That'd be cool.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Scarleton wrote: »
    Burglars would be great. Actually, you know what be ever greater? Adding burglars and then having a burglar section in the criminal career of which you can join and you'd have to complete certain tasks in order to get into and out of the house without being caught. Things like disabling the alarm system, getting into the house buy a window, making sure that you don't go into a room with sim unless they're sleeping, sticking to the rooms that have the lights off. You would have to steal a specific item in order for the heist to be successful. I think it would be a fun addition. But really, just the addition of burglars would be fine enough, the rest of my comment is just a pipe dream.

And maybe, just maybe when/if they add cars they'll bring back firefighters (career opportunity?) and police NPCs. That'd be cool.

That's actually an interesting idea. A burglar active career. I don't think we've ever gotten an active career through a patch before, but this would really be nice. And sims employed in this career can show up as NPC burglars too.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Brave Sims/athletic should be able to fight them off.
    Burglar alarm to scare them from stealing till the cop shows.
    Dogs to scare them off (I mean many have dogs in real life for protection).
    But then again the house lot was said to be your safe space before so I doubt it. But they did it with vampires so who knows. Maybe its more triggering to be robbed of your toilet than your plasma. Things are very confusing with Sims 4 development and the developer's decisions. They originally said pools were technically impossible before the reviews came out so.....and toddlers appeared out of nowhere with no big news being said about them no one seemed to care they just got patched in. Things are strange with Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    It doesn't feel like Sims with all the missing NPCs, the ones we have don't even do their job half the time! I loved burglars & fire fighters.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    I honestly cannot believe what I'm reading about catering to "triggered" individuals.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    I've been playing the sims since I was 10 (many years ago), the first one that I played was The Sims Hot Date in a friend's house, then I bought all the expansion packs for myself and I never felt afraid of burglars in my sims lots. Instead, was very funny to see if the police came in time or not and trying to wake up my sims to call the police because I forgot to put an alarm on my house.

When I was 17 I went out with my parents, when we arrived home we discovered that some burglars broke in and let me tell you I don't feel triggered when that happens on my sims game and I REALLY want to have them back
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    edited February 2018
    I always loved the burglars and I've been playing since I was 8... I bet the vampires we now have would've scared me more than burglars. Actually, not even those would've scared me. As long as they keep it light and breezy there's nothing scary about it. Maybe add an option to turn them off? Or add them to a stuff pack which includes other things that are "scary" so sensitive people know it might not be the right pack for them. They could do some funny things with them too. Maybe with a radio playing, instead of running away when the alarm goes off, the burglar can do the roger rabbit or the running man move or something (so (s)he can start crying when the police arrives). They don't even need to fight, just have the officer show the handcuffs and point the finger. Honestly just add them already, they aren't scary enough to make someone lose sleep. Make them trip over carpets and steal ridiculous thing like the toilet and no one will be frightened.