Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• TravoTravo Posts: 23 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Signed - EA shouldn't release this until they create a version for the Mac too. They delayed the actual game for this reason so people with Macs could play The Sims, so they should delay CAW until they can release it on both.
  • pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Count me in too!

Pixelr
  • simdragonssimdragons Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    SIGNED big time
  • The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited December 2009
    It is unfair that Mac users Can't use this(Though I am a PC for life)
    Signed
  • GennyMartelGennyMartel Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    I would like to be included in this petition.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'll sign even though I play the sims on my pc. My main computer's a mac, so I've got to support the users.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited December 2009
    double post
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed
  • JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    edited December 2009
    SIGNED
  • TempestrinTempestrin Posts: 10
    edited December 2009
    Signed!
  • loganr123loganr123 Posts: 83 Member
    edited December 2009
    Gladly signed!

I knew EA would do this.
    Thanks for the thread. I really hope it helps!
    :D
  • EuphoriKellyEuphoriKelly Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    Signed.

I'm about to move this all onto my pc...but it looks so much better on my macbook pro!
  • SaawaahSaawaah Posts: 5
    edited December 2009
    Signed. I can't believe they didn't even bother to make it for mac too. Make users make up just about half of their customers, it's a stupid move.
  • rane412rane412 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Puh-leez, not again! Enough with the second-rate Mac treatment...SIGNED!
  • twilightsim9twilightsim9 Posts: 4,899 New Member
    edited December 2009
    signed. Even though i dont have a mac, they deserve it.lol
  • FeralBunnyFeralBunny Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2009
    /Signed
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited December 2009
    The Sims 3 'Create-a-World' tool - Beta, will only be released on the PC format, i know this is a big disappointment for all you mac user's out there. But there is a very big reason behind it, after it's initial release, the crew at EA is going to be making adjustments and patches and sprucing it up for a more "user-friendly" version. It would be twice the trouble to convert everything over every time they make a patch, more than 3/4 of the 'sim fanatics' playing The Sims 3 are playing on a PC. Macs are not high-end gaming platforms, and are quite pricy. Personally, i believe the mac community should wait for what they get, seeing as this is the first time that The Sims, has been released simultaneously for PC/MAC. Petitions are never going to change anyone at EA's mind, it's their game their rules. The EA crew themselves developed the game on PC's so therefore it only makes sense that it would be initially released on PC only. The mac community just needs to be patient, it's not like they bought their mac JUST for The Sims 3, they made their decision on buying the more expensive model, so they need to deal with the fact that they didn't buy what the sims 3 was created for.
  • mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed.

I'm not in a huge rush to get this, but I know I will want it once I see how cool it is.
  • SimCrazyGrl333SimCrazyGrl333 Posts: 1,204 New Member
    edited December 2009
    *SIGNS LIKE A MAD PERSON* well I am a mad person so makes sense. LOL Back on topic I, SimCrazyGrl333, SIGN THIS PETITION, SO THAT I MAY ENJOY CREATING BRILLIANT WORLDS AS THE PC PEOPLE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ArchonX77ArchonX77 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SIGNED
  • razberriarazberria Posts: 80 New Member
    edited December 2009
    "…so they need to deal with the fact that they didn't buy what the sims 3 was created for."

That is not true! Sims 3 was marketed to the Mac users. Tis a rip off!!! EA needs to make good on their advertising of Sims 3 for Mac.

signed.
  • HamuddisHamuddis Posts: 108 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SIGNED!!
  • MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited December 2009
    signed.

Especially considering that most technical/creative careers use the Mac. Even industrial designers who have traditionally been on PCWins - because the main tools have historically been developed for it - are switching to Macs and using Mac ported tools. After all, once you've gone Mac it's hard to even think about switching back... :lol:
  • Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    Michabean wrote:
    signed.

Especially considering that most technical/creative careers use the Mac. Even industrial designers who have traditionally been on PCWins - because the main tools have historically been developed for it - are switching to Macs and using Mac ported tools. After all, once you've gone Mac it's hard to even think about switching back... :lol:

Not really. My friend has a Mac and I use it all the time when I go to his house. the only advantages that I saw were that it rarely gets a virus and had a few cool tools that came along with it. I'm a PC, but I'm not saying that you shouldn't get it or ranting. The PC is the top system for gaming and most programs. The Mac just isn't made for that. If you compare both systems, you see how hard it is to make a game that works on both a PC and a Mac. It's like tiring to make your PlayStation games on your Xbox with the same disk. You guys are mainly left out because nothing is compatible or that profitable if made compatible. You guys are just a tiny slick of the computer market and sliced even smaller when it comes to computer games on Macs. It's not fair, but it's like the PC is the Xbox and the Mac is PlayStation. (pretend that the PlayStation is not a very big competitor on the market) The company is going to go the way of the most profitable before tweaking the tools for the other systems. Eventually you will have it.

/Signed
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed.