Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    @NikolaiBanks said:
    I totally agree, the humor isn't all that good, the mischief could use some work as well, the hand buzzer is top notch, but some of the other pranks are meh, also teens should be able to do more pranks like throw eggs at the neighbours doors and so on, kinda like what they did in Sims 3.

The egg-throwing sounds a little old-school to me. Graffiti on the other hand... >:)
  • Snowbird48Snowbird48 Posts: 2 New Member
    Pleas just fix the issue where Sims will just stand looking around and not doing Anything for many minutes. And that fact everything they do takes forever.
    @Snowbird48 That could probably be fixed if they were in a focused mood. Correct me if I'm wrong. :/
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    I would like more realistic interactions and funny moments for storytelling, even if its just small details. I wrote about a few of these in different posts.

- Juicers/Blenders to use up some of the fruits/vegetables we obtain. Could make smoothies, milkshakes, etc.
    - Being able to interact more with newborn babies like bathing them in the sink, placing them on strollers to take them around the neighborhood, place them in bouncy chairs to entertain them, have a mat on the floor so they can crawl around. These could apply to toddlers as well.
    - CARS please :smile: , could be like sims 2 where it was just the simple interaction of leaving the driveway, fixing the car, or chat/makeout/woohoo in the car
    - With addition of cars, firefighters, police, taxi/uber, take out food, etc. Restaurants can upgrade by paying extra fee to offer delivery to homes.
    - Drive Thrus or Drive-in movie theatres for dates
    - Food fight when sims are in a playful mood (couples could bake together and have a food fight, parents could join in or yell at their children and tell them to clean up the mess and go shower, siblings can throw it at each other if they are mad at them or in a playful mood)
    - More romantic interactions, like walking while holding hands, snuggling together in bed, staring at each others eyes with arms wrapped around each other
    - Taking sips out of milkshakes together, feeding each other food (I don't think that's an option yet)
    - Proposing at dinner table
    - Honeymoons where you would see your sim drive off in a limo and go to the vacation spot that they booked (hopefully we would have better vacation spots by then)
    - Slow Dancing and more partner dancing, like how people dance together at clubs, etc
    - Dancing on counters (like in sims 3)
    - Blankets that can be used when a sim has a cold or is cold, covering someone who fell asleep on the couch, kids running around with it like a cape, snuggling by the fireplace or watching tv
    - Dating apps, so having turn ons/turn offs, having sims recognize when their personalities clash, zodiac signs, etc.
    - Witches (Good and Evil), Wizards, Magic, Fairies, Mermaids/Sirens, Supernatural modifications (telepathy, conjuring, shapeshifting, etc)
    - Gypsies with spiritual crystals that influence certain moods, palm reading, fortune telling (psychics), tarot cards, zodiac signs.
    - Hippie trait with camper cars, new outfits, freegan, flower/feather braids for hairstyles, old music station, tapestry for walls, etc.
    - If a sim is feeling uncomfortable during a date, they can call someone they trust to pick them up or call an uber to go home (I guess call it Llama service) (This could be mostly for teens or for all ages)
    - New sitting poses, like crossing legs, putting feet up, or crisscross style on the couch or bed. (Depends on their walking style or age)
    - Laying down on the bed to watch tv, read a book, or just chat with significant other instead of just sitting on the side of it. (refer to sims 2)
    - New interactive careers, like acting, bands, acrobats, modeling, director, news anchors "reporting live" weather events or protests, etc.
    - New jobs (maybe not interactive) - lawyer, psychologist/therapist, architecture, director/editor, teacher, dancer, fashion designer)
    - Interactive jobs for teens or allowances that parents give teens when they stay home taking care of siblings while they are gone
    - Gigs for dancer, musicians, bands, and models if they get included in the game. They could rent a venue for the night.
    - University/School system (with teachers/lecturer career, interactive classes, campus, etc.)
    - New Hobbies (sewing, sketching, pottery, crafting, new sports, bands - drums, bass, keyboard, etc)
    - Laptops and sketchbooks that they can carry around to work/play or draw anywhere
    - Small classes to improve their skills (like the rabbit holes from sims 3)
    - Face masks that you don't have to be in a bath tub for (for sleepovers or just stress relievers for sims)
    - School Buses that pick up our children + teens for school
    - Layering option in CAS, like layering a sweater/cardigan over another outfit or putting on a purse or backpack
    - Different slang and gestures for people living in cities and towns

So... That is all I can think of at the moment lol
    100% agreed!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• NightHawk694NightHawk694 Posts: 1 New Member
    Half landing staircases! How can this game have been out for, what 4 or 5 years and we can build half walls but can't (properly) build a half landing. The amount of builds I have built that have been ruined because I've had to clear an unnecessary amount of space to add a staircase is unreal! Seriously that is the one and only thing I want to be added to this game, such a simple addition!
    Perhaps Maxis could provide us with a Simlish alphabet? I really want to learn how to spell my name in Simlish.
    I know ambiguity is a wonderful thing, but still. This would make the Sims franchise a lot more user-friendly to our younger players. :smiley:
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Chicherino wrote: »
    Perhaps Maxis could provide us with a Simlish alphabet? I really want to learn how to spell my name in Simlish.
    I know ambiguity is a wonderful thing, but still. This would make the Sims franchise a lot more user-friendly to our younger players. :smiley:

http://learnsimlish.blogspot.com/2012/08/simlish-alphabet-list.html

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • simfollysimfolly Posts: 8 New Member
    Please give my sims more music choices! I know Simlish music is hard to produce, but Alternative is my sim's most hardcore choice, and no music that reflects Black or Latino culture at all.

I'd like to see a Hip Hop/R&B station, a Hard Rock or Heavy Metal station, and a Country station. Thanks!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    simfolly wrote: »
    Please give my sims more music choices! I know Simlish music is hard to produce, but Alternative is my sim's most hardcore choice, and no music that reflects Black or Latino culture at all.

I'd like to see a Hip Hop/R&B station, a Hard Rock or Heavy Metal station, and a Country station. Thanks!

You can add your own mp3 music files to any of the radio station folders. That is what I did, and I unticked most of the EA music, so the radio will only play my custom music.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Isabella_F_96Isabella_F_96 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Here is my ideas for making The Sims 4 better.

1. I would like more animals, like horses, cows, sheep, etc. and maybe a tractor so you can have a farm with agriculture. I also think it could be good if you could sell vegetables and products from the farm animals like cows and pigs. All that we need is a few boxes to put the products in. After placing the vegetables/products in the box, they could be exhibited and sold in a store or at a market. And of course, the quality of vegetables or meat must determine the price. Then customers could buy 3 mushrooms, 7 carrots, 1 bottle of milk, etc. It could also work with flowers, fruit and anything else you can grow.

2. You might also have a lawn mower, it should be that children/teens can use it too - it could be something that could play with the parental package where they can educate on the children by asking them to hit the grass or clean the house.

3. Something else that could be great if you could manage your dogs and cats, so you can decide what to do.

4. I also miss that you can own cars like in Sims 3, it seems a bit awkward to make a garage without a car. Maybe you could make a GamePack with cars where you can have a job as a mechanic, in the same way as you can be a doctor and researcher where we participate in their work - or own a workshop in the same way as restaurants or veterinarians. In such an extension, the teenagers could also learn to drive a car and children/tumblers learn to ride a bike.

5. An idea for expanding the game with the tumblers could be the opportunity to work in a kindergarten, like we can as a doctor and researcher, or to have a day-care like we do with the restaurants and veterinarians.
  • Keiko3DKeiko3D Posts: 2 New Member
    I've read that there's no support for resolutions above 1080p. Seen some really tiny interfaces here with a 4K resolution. It's such a shame that the Sims 4 doesn't have support for bigger resolutions at this time. We're in 2018, 2K and 4K gaming are getting popular. I think that would be a great addition to the game. I'm planning to buy a 2K monitor, but seeying the game doesn't work that great with those resolutions dissapoint me.
  • JinxiePie13JinxiePie13 Posts: 11 New Member
    I am sad that I can't change a sim from one race to another in create-a-sim mode. I like the sim I made, but I wanted to be an alien, so to do that, I have to start a whole new other sim.. In TS3 you can easily change a sim's race within create mode (human-witch-werewolf-alien-etc.) but TS4 doesn't have that option :disappointed:

It's something that isn't a huge issue to the majority of simmers, but it would be pretty neat to have anyways :sweat_smile:
  • lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    I am sad that I can't change a sim from one race to another in create-a-sim mode. I like the sim I made, but I wanted to be an alien, so to do that, I have to start a whole new other sim.. In TS3 you can easily change a sim's race within create mode (human-witch-werewolf-alien-etc.) but TS4 doesn't have that option :disappointed:

It's something that isn't a huge issue to the majority of simmers, but it would be pretty neat to have anyways :sweat_smile:

You can actually change the sim from one race to another. If you're playing that sim currently type in the following cheats:

1. testingcheats on
    2. cas.fulleditmode on
    3. shift + left click sim
    4. click Modify in CAS

Voila, you can now edit the sim in CAS as if you were creating a brand new household.
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
    I guess it isn't race, but what I mean is that I want to change my human sim to an alien, you can't do that on TS4, you can on TS3, but on TS4 you have to make a whole other sim lol
    You know how in TS3 you can change the species of the sim within create mode when making a new household? it had the tab with the species of the genie, werewolf, vampire, witch, ghost, fairy, etc.? You could change that very sim between them all, but on TS4 it doesn't have that option. So, there is this one sim from the gallery I like, but she's human, I want to make her an alien, but I can't. To have that, I had to make a whole new sim who was alien, then tried my best to make them look similar, and used the gene generator to get it closer, but that took me hours to do, let alone the sim I ended up with was not identical to the one I like originally. Q~Q Plus, it's an extra step to get the alien disguise to match..... *sigh* lol
  • TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    You know how in TS3 you can change the species of the sim within create mode when making a new household? it had the tab with the species of the genie, werewolf, vampire, witch, ghost, fairy, etc.? You could change that very sim between them all, but on TS4 it doesn't have that option. So, there is this one sim from the gallery I like, but she's human, I want to make her an alien, but I can't. To have that, I had to make a whole new sim who was alien, then tried my best to make them look similar, and used the gene generator to get it closer, but that took me hours to do, let alone the sim I ended up with was not identical to the one I like originally. Q~Q Plus, it's an extra step to get the alien disguise to match..... *sigh* lol

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860263/turn-alien-into-human-cheat-found-make-sim-alien-cheat
  • MizzLMMizzLM Posts: 10 New Member
    - More functional toddler objects/toys/activities to build skills
    - Add a dedicated category for uniforms to customize (work/school) in CAS rather than using Everyday 1 for the school outfit for kids.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I'm sure there's more but I'm drawing a blank right now. I really wish they would fix things in game it doesn't even seem like they care. These things have been broken for a very very long time.
    Career bugs
    time bugs / glitches
    toddler bugs
    Pet glitches
  • alydreamsalydreams Posts: 1 New Member
    Pretty much everything that has been said, but also add a height slider, so sims can be different heights and not the same height.
  • TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    Make it so that happiness is not the default emotion. Happiness should be elusive: the one true goal in life. Making a new friend is reason for happiness. A successful first date is reason for happiness. A new job is reason for happiness. A sim with his needs taken care of and a nicely decorated home should simply feel fine.

Also, negative emotions should have more weight. Currently, they are as fleeting as happiness is supposed to be. For example, my sim can witness the death of his eldest child, but since he is not hungry, his living room has a beautiful statue and he just watched a funny show on TV, his sad moodlet is not strong enough to overcome all that oh-so-emotionally-fulfilling happiness.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    We need part time jobs. Why does every sim need a career? We also need a university pack so we can start off at a higher position in the career. Some of my playthroughs my sims are really skilled but they start off as a mail room employee? shouldn’t he be able to apply for a higher job.
  • TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    Also, increasing the CAS traits limit. Five traits per sim, like in The Sims 3, would be good, I like the trait system: it allows for much more interesting sims than the old personalities from The Sims and The Sims 2. But 3 traits per sim is too little: currently, our sims are no more complex than their pets.
  • GiliodGiliod Posts: 2 New Member
    Police=boring,a little patch, please,unique crimes (at least 5) + unexpected moments.
  • connoeccconnoecc Posts: 5 New Member
    I would LOVE more simple outdoor activities for sims! In the sims 3 I would send my kids out to play all the time but now in sims 4 it feels like you have to be rich in order or your kids to play outside (i.e. the pirate ship, basketball court, or monkey bars) I feel like adding a ball of some kind to throw around, a frisbee, a soccer ball, jump rope, hopscotch, or a sandbox would be awesome additions to game play.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I know completely open world is far too complex to add in now, but I would love being able to at least visit neighbors or any business or lot that's next door.

Want with a passion cuddling and making out in bed. Reading in bed and slow dancing/ dancing together. Also the option to jog together.

Turn offs/ons

Make more business able to be owned and operated and make the ones we have usable. Like the clothing stores, what's the point of going to them. You can't even buy new clothes when you go to them as a customer. And make being able to sell produce sims grow sellable again. Fix the coolers the food is stored in. They have been broke a long time. My sims have a farm and can no longer sell their food.

More hobbies. Sewing in particular.