Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STEAM SALE!! April 2021

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have a little bit of store content. All the worlds. No idea how I would transfer them over. But seriously considering moving. Need to research how to uninstall the game including cleaning the registry to see if I can do it without breaking anything!
    After securing my TS3 user game folder from Documents, I uninstalled from Origin (I think) and then from the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features, the name varies by version of Windows) if anything was leftover. Then I used the free version of Piriform's CCleaner to clean the registry. That part was pretty painless (for me).
    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I have a little bit of store content. All the worlds. No idea how I would transfer them over. But seriously considering moving. Need to research how to uninstall the game including cleaning the registry to see if I can do it without breaking anything!
    After securing my TS3 user game folder from Documents, I uninstalled from Origin (I think) and then from the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features, the name varies by version of Windows) if anything was leftover. Then I used the free version of Piriform's CCleaner to clean the registry. That part was pretty painless (for me).
    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Ha ha that part is the scariest part for me, if I get it wrong on my husband’s pc which is my guinea pig he would kill me :p
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Hi there, I'm new to sims and TS3...

No one is going to believe that, igazor! :angry:

Okay, right. Let me start again. I'm already fully vested in the Steam version of everything so the entire on sale page is greyed out for me except for one item. I never did pick up the Movie Stuff SP. Do I want it? Even after all this time, I'm having difficulty convincing myself that I need it though at $4.99 (USD), or on the Bundle I'm being offered for $3.99, it's pretty difficult to keep ignoring.

Yes its worth it, especially if you're into costumes like I am. There's a lot of good stuff in it.

I have all the packs except Diesel stuff, and I can't convince myself to get that one, so I know what you are going thru.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    ...I'm already fully vested in the Steam version of everything so the entire on sale page is greyed out for me except for one item. I never did pick up the Movie Stuff SP. Do I want it? Even after all this time, I'm having difficulty convincing myself that I need it though at $4.99 (USD), or on the Bundle I'm being offered for $3.99, it's pretty difficult to keep ignoring.

The all-in-one outhouse is nice. I've used it on plenty of community lots to provide bathroom facilities. It looks right at home outdoors. The other items are a bit extreme for my taste unless I have an Insane sim in the household. For those I'll usually dress them in many of the different costumes which come with Movie Stuff - just as a warning to others.
    Movie stuff I like, I actually use a surprising amount of Diesel stuff so I wouldn't be without that one either. I think the clothes are nice
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited February 2018
    Just wanted to weigh in for any mac users reading this. A mac lifer myself, I bought every EP and almost every SP I didn't already own (Katy Perry's Sweet Treats can shove it) during the holiday sale. I was on my mac when I logged in and made the purchases. Steam processed them and took my money (well, my gift card credit, anyway) but told me I couldn't install on my computer and wouldn't give me the CD keys I needed to download the EPs from Origin. After some reassurance from igazor and TreyNutz that I wouldn't damage my chance to use my new packs, I logged on to Steam on a PC, and the keys were displayed with my other game info. I never needed to install anything on the PC. The keys were recognized on Origin, which then let me download whatever I wanted.

Also, for anyone wondering, buying the base game again was actually a good thing—Steam was selling a starter pack (base game, Generations, Seasons, Pets) for $7.50, i.e. 75% off the usual $30. Each pack was selling for $5, so I still saved money. And as people have already mentioned, I received the extra 1,000 Sim points as well.
    If you had all the sims 3 SPS amd EPs on origin and then bought it again on steam; what becomes of your store content? Have I read Igazor wrong and thinking you can’t keep your store content and would need to re download it like on a separate store account?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just wanting to cover all angles before I consider making the jump!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    If you had all the sims 3 SPS amd EPs on origin and then bought it again on steam; what becomes of your store content? Have I read Igazor wrong and thinking you can’t keep your store content and would need to re download it like on a separate store account?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just wanting to cover all angles before I consider making the jump!

You don't need a separate Store account. For some reason downloaded Store content sims3packs won't install when you switch from Steam to Origin, or the reverse. After you make the switch just log into your Store account as usual and re-download and reinstall everything from your purchase history. That's what I had to do when I moved from Steam to Origin and apparently that's that @igazor had to do when he moved from Origin to Steam.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018

You would need to re-download your store content, but not on a separate store account.

The underlying issue is that the content you have downloaded now is not expecting to be used on the new version of the base game you will have just bought on Steam and registered to your TS3 page, it's expecting to be used on the Orign/disc version you had prior.

Edit: Or what @TreyNutz said twelve seconds before I hit "Post Comment." :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @TreyNutz @igazor thank you both!

Will sleep on decision and decide tomorrow.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    The sale made me realize how I've just wasted money buying TS4 titles, and that I want to "waste" it on The Sims 3 expansion packs! :smiley: I have some cash right now (that's supposed to be for something "smarter", but whatever, I'll get around when I run out of it.)

I've already had Base Game, Late Night & Seasons, and now I got Ambitions. Next will be Generations, probably.
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I have everything on disks... but am thinking of rebuying at least some of it for Steam in case of losing my disks. As for Movie Stuff, I've used some of the costumes to dress my sims for Halloween.

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2018
    YOU'RE THE OFFICIAL SLUG OFFSPRING OF A SLOTH & THE TOWN VILLAGE ID10T IF YOU DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS KILLER DEAL!

85% OFF THE SIMS BASE + GEN + PETS + SEASONS AKA ONLY $12.36 USD TODAY. You're basically paying sales tax for 3 of the best EPs to date. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47890/The_Sims_3/

Plus added bonus of no Origin launcher to give you a cybe.r migraine o:)

Basically THIS is the package to get, because it's the essence of what the vanilla TS3 base game should've been at launch. :D

No WONDER TS3 is ranking at 6K+ players on Steam today. :D That's saying a lot to STILL be in the top 100 Steam games list. Especially given the competition with new releases like Kingdom Come:Deliverance over this weekend B)

edit: So 🐸🐸🐸🐸 = a censored plum word now??? :D
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited April 2021
    A new Steam sale! Half off everything but stuff packs, which are 25% off.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited April 2021
    A note for anyone planning to buy the base game through Steam: the CD key can't be viewed in your Steam library. The reason isn't relevant here*; the point is, if you want to register the base game, you may need to go through Steam or EA support. That's also not a sure thing, unfortunately. And even if EA support adds a key to your Origin account, if it doesn't match the Steam key (which I think it won't), store content may not work in a Steam install, since the base game key on the Origin/store account won't match the one from the Steam install.

If anyone does buy and install the base game through Steam, there may be another way to retrieve the key, but I haven't tested yet. If you're interested, have a look in the registry; the base game key may still show there.

* A few months ago, EA Play subscriptions became available on Steam, and people quickly realized that if they added older EA games to their Steam libraries, they'd receive CD keys for those games. They could register the keys on Origin, stop paying for the subscription, and have a bunch of games for the price of one month of EA Play; or they could sell the keys to some shady third-party site. Which they did. EA's response was to convince Steam to not provide CD keys for the affected games.

Because, you know, that fixes everything.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    edited April 2021
    Might as well buy the remaining Expansion Pack and the Stuff Packs now, seeing as there is a chance the Sims 3 EPs and SPs may not go on Sale for a long time (I have already brought High-End Loft Stuff and Master Suite and am looking at Island Paradise; I am thinking of getting a fixed version of the world as well)

Edit: After discussing with my sisters I have decided to buy Island Paradise, as long as I don't use the map
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Dang. Just bought Town Life on the weekend.

Guess I'll go for Showtime and maybe another stuff pack or two, though.,
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Yay! I can finally pick up some of the expansions I'm missing.
  • SezwickSezwick Posts: 4 New Member
    What expansions did everyone decide on this time. I can’t decide. :O
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited April 2021
    Dang it... out of money...and saving for a 105mm f/2.8 lens micro-nikkor lens once we get the storage paid off. So no stuff packs for me right now. Too many places for paycheque to go to. :( Rent, Food, Car Payment, Car Insurance, Storage payment.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited April 2021
    I tend to shop at brick-and-mortar stores (that is, physical stores), so I also tend to miss out on these sales a lot as these sales are mostly on Origin or Steam. In order to have money on my Origin account, I have to drive to the store, purchase a gift card, redeem the gift card and then get the desired item. This way, I don't share my credit card/debit card info.

First came the great Origin sale, and by that time, I already owned all the expansion packs and paid for them at $20 each, except for World Adventures and Generations and Into The Future. World Adventures and Generations came in the expansion bundle and charged me $20, and Into The Future was only $5 at Walmart.

Now, I will miss this Steam sale. I already own all the expansions, and for stuff packs, I own High-End Loft Stuff and Movie Stuff. I care less about the others.

Geez... I have spent over $300 USD on The Sims 3 on base game, expansion packs, stuff packs and Store content combined.

Store content alone costed me $90. Monte Vista, Dragon Valley and Roaring Heights were $20 apiece, totalling $60. The rest was used for SimPoint Bundles.

The Sims 3 Base Game + desired DLCs costed me $225.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Dang. Just bought Town Life on the weekend.

Guess I'll go for Showtime and maybe another stuff pack or two, though.,

There is a chance for Steam to refund your money if you purchased the game recently and it went on sale like a few days after. I asked for a refund for Uni Life like 3 years ago for similar reasons, and they accepted my request. If you are in a similar position it could be worth a try.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    So I played on The Sims 3 last night, and neither the High End Loft Stuff or Master Suite has installed, so I'm going to buy Island Paradise, install and then use the Launcher and see if that works
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    50% for Expansion Packs and 25% for Stuff Packs? C’mon. Last few sales were 75% for all.

And Sims 3 prices increased in my country because our currency lost value to USD.

I guess I will wait for 75% for World Adventures.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    @Keiomestre There is the World Adventures / Generations Bundle. That is the better deal. 2 games for the price of 1. The worlds bundle includes Hidden Springs / Monte Vista. Hidden Springs is meh, IMO, because all the rabbithole are plain and exactly the ones you'll find in Sunset Valley, and the only cool object in it is the premium content. Monte Vista, on the other hand, has a very nice terrain, good-looking rabbitholes and the Monte Vista stove.

By the way, what is your country?