Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Happy Holidays. Not that we say that where I come from. but whatever - have a great day/season.

I will continue to play and if I get a badge for gnome for all seasons I'll let you all know all about it.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    —————————————————————————————————————————————

Who Keeps Sending These? (Gold) *Requires The Sims 3 Island Paradise

Description: Find 10 messages in bottles

BUGGED

Note: @Thrippa managed to get this achievement, however, it requires you to install an old version of the game as a stand alone (NOT Origin base), patch it up to Island Paradise (and NOT up to Into the Future) install Island Paradise and then collect underwater bottles. You may need to exceed the said 10 bottles...

I managed to acquire an old laptop, repeated those steps, and it worked. Took me twelve bottles thought, but land bottles work too.
    —————————————————————————————————————————–

@Lexers615 - I just received Who Keeps Sending These? My sim collected 11 bottles before the badge was triggered. I didn't write "the badge was earned" since at least four of my sims have had 30 grandchildren and that badge has not yet been triggered, but has been earned.

If it wasn't for this thread, I would not have earned Nice Arm and Who Keeps Sending These. Thanks to you, @Lexers615, @Karritz and @Thrippa, for figuring out how to earn the bugged badges.

One benefit of playing with only the base game, Seasons and Island Paradise is that I have not experienced any game lag. Without Pets being installed, horses are not getting stuck everywhere. I also noticed that the townie Sims are not getting stuck as they do in my full installation and patched game. (Patched to 1.67). However, I am experiencing my sims getting reset when exploring caves which I believe was fixed in a patch. I should mention that I am playing on a fairly new Windows 10 computer which could also be a factor in no lag. The full installation of my game is on my older Windows 7 computer.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    There is a mod by Shimrod that fixes the bugged dive caves. You still need to reset them with NRAAS Master Controller though.
    @Karritz - I have used the Edit Town method to fix the caves. I had read about Shimrod fix and have downloaded the mod. I have not tried that method yet. I think his fix is only temporary and has to be applied over and over. I was wondering if the cave issue may have been fixed with an EA patch. I don't experience the cave issue in my fully patched game, with all the EPs and SPs installed. I only experience the resetting of sims on my computer that is only patched to 1.55.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Karritz - I have used the Edit Town method to fix the caves. I had read about Shimrod fix and have downloaded the mod. I have not tried that method yet. I think his fix is only temporary and has to be applied over and over. I was wondering if the cave issue may have been fixed with an EA patch. I don't experience the cave issue in my fully patched game, with all the EPs and SPs installed. I only experience the resetting of sims on my computer that is only patched to 1.55.

I have to fix each cave when I launch the game - I think. I do that anyway. Apparently if the tentacles are not showing it's safe to go in but I still reset again just in case.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I'm not quite sure what bug you are refering about... The only one I know regarding underwater at large is the one where your sims end up ressetted ashore on a nearby beach.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    That is the bug. The sim enters a cave and ends up on a beach.

Well it happens to me whenever I send my sims diving no matter if they are exploring caves or not.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited February 2018
    It is a pain because the fix does not hold and has to be redone over and over.

I just patched my game used for achievements to 1.67. I was hoping the cave issue would have been fixed but it wasn't.

I haven't had a problem with the caves since I added Shimrods mod. I just use Master Controller to reset caves before a sim enters each time I load the game just in case.
    I was using the edit town method. I downloaded Shimrod's mod and will try that method.

I've never heard of or tried the Edit Town method. Good luck with the mod.
    I used the mod and it is easier than having to go into Edit Town. :)

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Any advice on the Going The Distance badge, jogging 2000km? I've finally just gotten a sim to make it, but it must not have worked.
    giphy.gif

edited March 2018
    KATENESS wrote: »
    Any advice on the Going The Distance badge, jogging 2000km? I've finally just gotten a sim to make it, but it must not have worked.

There is discussion on this achievement in the other thread - I think it's linked from here somewhere now. I haven't got that badge yet and haven't tried for it but if I remember correctly, they have to do it all jogging on the road or all on the treadmill but not a mixture of both. Also, some of the badges don't work for a household with more than one sim in it. I don't know if this is one of them or not.

If you've been watching my videos, I'm doing all the badges I haven't got yet in my Caroline and Friends video. At this point she's living alone in Isla Paradiso because she's working towards badges I've completed many times but never had them awarded. She has managed to get them all for me, even though the videos are not up to that point yet. After she got the badges that I know will only be awarded to a single sim household I moved a friend in with her. I'll be moving more friends in with has as necessary depending on what badges I am going to start working for.

The only EP I've completed with her so far is Island Paradise. I've just moved her friend in with her and they have started working on University Life badges - but will do others if I decide to give them a go.

Sorry I couldn't give you a definite answer. I think the best answer to your particular problem might be get it all jogging either on land or on the treadmill but not a mixture. Although I think someone posted in that thread that they got the badge by doing a bit of both types of jogging. My sims almost never jog so I am not even close to getting it.
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Well it happens to me whenever I send my sims diving no matter if they are exploring caves or not.

I still have sims sent to the beach when diving. But I usually know why. It's generally because I told them to do something they can't do under water. Such as eat food. My mermaid can eat under water but not the other sims. There have been other reasons why they got reset back to the beach and it's always been when they've done something they shouldn't do under water. Apparently error handling wasn't done very thoroughly in the program.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member

@KATENESS I got this two months ago (along with the 200 hours cardio), in a 5-person household. The sim with the most hours of workouts had jogged 125 km, almost all on the road, while others had distributed their workout time more evenly between the road and the treadmill. If I remember correctly, I added up the distance jogged by everyone in the house (on the athletic skill page), and it was just barely over 2,000 km. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that this doesn't work across saves, as I had a sim in another house who'd maxed out his athletic skill and kept going, and I think his contributions didn't count. Regardless, I didn't have any single sim come close to the 2,000 km mark.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the achievements don't trigger, or maybe even start to count, unless you're online while playing. I didn't even get the "get married" achievement initially, although every game I've ever played has involved at least one wedding. I even went back to a save that was only three days old, where I'd never used "save as," and where the sim couple I started with had married two sim hours into gameplay, but when I loaded it while logged in, the badge didn't show up. So of course I started a new game just to get it, and it worked.

If you're using "save as," that may cause problems. Whatever mechanism EA uses to track badge progress may regard the ongoing game as separate saves and not count the progress your sims made before the last time you renamed the save. I had some trouble with getting credit for selling §50k worth of harvestables with a family that I'd mostly played offline, although I can't prove that was the issue. On the other hand, some achievements may trigger when the cumulative count in the household reaches the specified amount, as it did when I got the jogging and books badges.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I have one sim only that's been working toward this badge. She's almost to 2200km now, and all of it has been on the road. They don't even have a treadmill in the house.

I do play online every time I play, just in case a random badge triggers. :D And I actually only ever use Save or Save and Quit. I don't use Save As, even though I probably should.
    giphy.gif

I sent my family to Egypt, and one of them simply jogged for two weeks and got it
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I use SaveAs all the time and have got lots of badges awarded. But not this one because I've never tried to get it. I'm having problems with the one where the sim has to make 300 elixirs. I think I've given up on that one for now.

Also, I play logged in when I'm working towards badges.
  • SuomiJulesSuomiJules Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi Guys, ive been reading through this thread like crazy trying to get tips and stuff to try and finish off my achievements! I actually only have TS3, not 4 but I was thinking of getting it soon but I really want to finish these stupid achievements before I do so, otherwise, i'll never do it!

I have a couple that just will not trigger and its driving me mad so if you have any tips or things to try differently in order to trigger then have at it!

Buzzed never worked for me. I tried multiple times, multiple sims, multiple coffee combinations!

Is there a trick with A Novel Way to Play? I have a 5 sim household and from their diaries, I can see that combined they have well over 80 books but I don't have the achievement!

I cant get Your right to party either, had plenty of bog standard house partys with the verging on epic rating and then the party holder gets great party moodlet but alas no badge.

I couldnt get nice arm to work either but I saw that there is a known problem with that. Oh well.

Otherwise I am currently trying to get the gnome one, I did read that buying them doesnt work which I have yet to test but that will make it crazy hard, I have never ever had the Winter gnome spawn on my lot! :worried:
    Also working on the Literary arts one, of course, I had to start again cos I didnt do them in order gah!
    Have my cook sim cooking every minute of her day to get Profoundly Perfect!
    Starting my alien luring protocol for those two alien related ones too!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @SuomiJules I had a problem with buzzed as well, so what I did was have an unemployed sim pound 5 unique flavors of coffee in a row and then get a job in business (level 1, of course). That triggered the badge immediately, without his having to go to work.

I didn't have trouble getting the 80 novels one, but I was logged in the whole time my sims were writing. Also, I made sure to give each book a distinct title—a letter and number denoting which sim wrote it and how many books he or she had written so far. I wonder if having multiple books with the same name might cause issues.

I wasn't even trying to get "Your right to party" when it triggered. I just had a sim who rolled an impromptu party at work as a random event. You could try buying the Awesome Host LTR (or whatever it's called) and see if that works, as it's guaranteed to give your sim an epic party.

I don't have Seasons installed, so I can't contribute anything there.
    edited March 2018
    I found 'your right to party' difficult until I set up a special party room. Locked doors to the rest of the house. Added a pro bar from Late Night to encourage everyone into the room. Got it second go.

I think everyone at the party has to leave with the moodlet. I think it's awesome party moodlet. I didn't lock them into the party room so they could leave whenever they wanted to. Maybe having a small number of guests would help them all get the desired moodlet.

I go the novel way to play too. I made two sets of 4 sims with skills suited to being happy to sit and write books. Put them all into a single household. Logged in. Made them sit there and write books until the badge triggered. I initially was planning for them to each write the same number of books but some wrote faster than others in the end I didn't care how many each had written. I got the badge.

To get the nice arm badge I tried when I was setting up my new computer. I had installed only up to Seasons and patched to 1.55. It still didn't work - until I used that object that came with seasons - forget it's name at the moment - but up to two sims stand on each side and pelt snow balls or water balloons at each other. Just throwing them didn't get me the badge I had to have them using that object. I think it is family fun something or other.
    > @puzzlezaddict said:
    > @SuomiJules I had a problem with buzzed as well, so what I did was have an unemployed sim pound 5 unique flavors of coffee in a row and then get a job in business (level 1, of course). That triggered the badge immediately, without his having to go to work.
    >
    > I didn't have trouble getting the 80 novels one, but I was logged in the whole time my sims were writing. Also, I made sure to give each book a distinct title—a letter and number denoting which sim wrote it and how many books he or she had written so far. I wonder if having multiple books with the same name might cause issues.
    >
    > I wasn't even trying to get "Your right to party" when it triggered. I just had a sim who rolled an impromptu party at work as a random event. You could try buying the Awesome Host LTR (or whatever it's called) and see if that works, as it's guaranteed to give your sim an epic party.
    >
    > I don't have Seasons installed, so I can't contribute anything there.
    Thank you so much for that tip about Buzzed! I did it and it worked!

I realise now that you mention it, I probably wasnt logged in at the beginning of this household so there could be a dozen or so uncounted books... I will keep going with them now that im logged in!

I will try that LTR, I have been doing the party with my party sim or whatever the trait is at least but didnt realise there was a reward to boost.

> @Karritz said:
    > I found 'your right to party' difficult until I set up a special party room. Locked doors to the rest of the house. Added a pro bar from Late Night to encourage everyone into the room. Got it second go.
    >
    > I think everyone at the party has to leave with the moodlet. I think it's awesome party moodlet. I didn't lock them into the party room so they could leave whenever they wanted to. Maybe having a small number of guests would help them all get the desired moodlet.
    >
    >
    > I go the novel way to play too. I made two sets of 4 sims with skills suited to being happy to sit and write books. Put them all into a single household. Logged in. Made them sit there and write books until the badge triggered. I initially was planning for them to each write the same number of books but some wrote faster than others in the end I didn't care how many each had written. I got the badge.
    >
    > To get the nice arm badge I tried when I was setting up my new computer. I had installed only up to Seasons and patched to 1.55. It still didn't work - until I used that object that came with seasons - forget it's name at the moment - but up to two sims stand on each side and pelt snow balls or water balloons at each other. Just throwing them didn't get me the badge I had to have them using that object. I think it is family fun something or other.

I will try those tricks for the party badge thank you! I dont have Late Night but ive been serving perfect food and then drinks and often a birthday as they always like that. I have heaps of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they could do like a spa etc but guests are so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 passive!

Yeh I dunno will I ever get a change to have just seasons installed and to try and get that, we will see. all my wins have been on the family arena thingo though and still no badge so its the issue with all the packs!

Thanks Guys!!
    Eck sorry the post didnt quote right, forum newbie!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top