Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia Masterlist - No longer updated

Comments

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I really don't know why Zinnia is so obsessed with that role. It's not even that good. XD

I can't find it on the mafia wiki roles list. What can it do?

You target someone and they get infected. And every night the infected person gets targeted by another person, that other person gets infected. The plague bearer will then get the names of the infected people every night. That is it. You don't what actions were done, etc. You just get names.

Does the infection do any harm?

No
    unknown.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Sorry to bother you again but can I swap my games? Like put the JK9++ on hold and my selfmade on the current list? :) I really wanna try it :joy:

It's no bother :smile:

Okay, thank you :) I'm so excited about the setup. Everyone will have a PR and I added some roles I haven't seen (too often) on the forums, like Psychiatrist, Vampire, Enabler and Lie Detector.

I've no idea what a vampire is. But the setup sounds really interesting, I'm definitely gonna join!

\If it was my game I'd add a plaguebearer too... but that's just me :tongue:

A vampire starts as a townie but when killed, they rise from death and are mafia then. That's the reason why the roles won't be announced after death. And it will be hard or even impossible to kill a mafia vampire because how will you know they are still alive? ^^

Is plaguebearer a cult role? I thought about adding a zombie lord but that would have been too much :D

Plaguebearer is just a third party role, win by themselves. It's my favorite role.
    Look, I won an award playing it
    BestFakeclaim.jpg
    And Emzy won won for making (or editing maybe?) it
    CreativeRole.jpg
    And everyone was confused as I failed to explain it when DeKay revealed that I wasn't town sided :pensive:

Vampire sounds pretty fun, but trying to lynch someone who you don't even know is in the game is a bit strange?

Congratulations :)

Yeah, I'll read the vampire description again and try to find a way to solve this.

Yeah. I tracked Zinnia and found out that she did a night action on someone and I found out that someone was me. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    I really don't know why Zinnia is so obsessed with that role. It's not even that good. XD

You target someone and they get infected. And every night the infected person gets targeted by another person, that other person gets infected. The plague bearer will then get the names of the infected people every night. That is it. You don't what actions were done, etc. You just get names.

No

Why do you like this role then? :sweat_smile:
    Sorry to bother you again but can I swap my games? Like put the JK9++ on hold and my selfmade on the current list? :) I really wanna try it :joy:

Okay, thank you :) I'm so excited about the setup. Everyone will have a PR and I added some roles I haven't seen (too often) on the forums, like Psychiatrist, Vampire, Enabler and Lie Detector.

I've no idea what a vampire is. But the setup sounds really interesting, I'm definitely gonna join!

A vampire starts as a townie but when killed, they rise from death and are mafia then. That's the reason why the roles won't be announced after death. And it will be hard or even impossible to kill a mafia vampire because how will you know they are still alive? ^^

Is plaguebearer a cult role? I thought about adding a zombie lord but that would have been too much :D

Plaguebearer is just a third party role, win by themselves. It's my favorite role.
    BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg
    And everyone was confused as I failed to explain it when DeKay revealed that I wasn't town sided :pensive:

Vampire sounds pretty fun, but trying to lynch someone who you don't even know is in the game is a bit strange?

Yeah, I'll read the vampire description again and try to find a way to solve this.

Yeah. I tracked Zinnia and found out that she did a night action on someone and I found out that someone was me. XD

I can sense what your reaction was :joy:

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

No, you learned that I infected, not watched as I had previously claimed :lol: I admitted to targetting you. Which was a waste since you were infected targeting me anyway :frowning:

Anyway, this is the description Emzy gave me, ignore the whole thing about Hecatoncheires, that was the creature I chose to play.
    Hecatonceires – Tweaked Plaguebearer (Third): Hecatoncheires of Fable Village is able to place a curse on one player per night. This curse will give them an infection! This cursed infection can be spread through you visiting one creature per night. Then, the infection can be spread through creatures visiting you, creatures visiting the infected and the infected visiting others. Infected players will not know of their infection but you will know all who have been infected and once all town members are infected, you will turn into a Pestilence. As a pestilence, the newfound God of the Hecatoncheires Apocolypse, you will gain a 1-shot randomized power that cannot be role-blocked or prevented. It will be randomized out of all the “basic” power roles known in the game mafia. You win if you successfully become pestilence. Example powers: Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker, Vigilante, Rolecop, Bulletproof.
    unknown.png

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

No, you learned that I infected, not watched as I had previously claimed :lol: I admitted to targetting you. Which was a waste since you were infected targeting me anyway :frowning:

Anyway, this is the description Emzy gave me, ignore the whole thing about Hecatoncheires, that was the creature I chose to play.
    Hecatonceires – Tweaked Plaguebearer (Third): Hecatoncheires of Fable Village is able to place a curse on one player per night. This curse will give them an infection! This cursed infection can be spread through you visiting one creature per night. Then, the infection can be spread through creatures visiting you, creatures visiting the infected and the infected visiting others. Infected players will not know of their infection but you will know all who have been infected and once all town members are infected, you will turn into a Pestilence. As a pestilence, the newfound God of the Hecatoncheires Apocolypse, you will gain a 1-shot randomized power that cannot be role-blocked or prevented. It will be randomized out of all the “basic” power roles known in the game mafia. You win if you successfully become pestilence. Example powers: Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker, Vigilante, Rolecop, Bulletproof.

So this means you better infect a cop/seer or any other visiting role and then they "help" you spread the infection?^^

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

So this means you better infect a cop/seer or any other visiting role and then they "help" you spread the infection?^^

Yeah.
    unknown.png

No

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

Yeah but then she said it's not dangerous so I calmed down a bit.
    FwDXXd5.gif

No

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

Yeah but then she said it's not dangerous so I calmed down a bit.

"a bit" ^^

No

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

Because it's like everyone is helping you without them knowing it. Er... unless they kill you.
    unknown.png

No

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

Because it's like everyone is helping you without them knowing it. Er... unless they kill you.

Yeah, but it's kinda useless in that setup cuz literally everyone had a power role so you're just getting names.
    FwDXXd5.gif

It's fun but not really helpful imo.

I think I found a solution for my vampire problem. The vampire will only turn into scum when they were nightkilled. Then I can act like they weren't killed but tell them in a PM that they actually were killed but now are part of the mafia. And if they are lynched, they are just dead :D

No

BestFakeclaim.jpg
    CreativeRole.jpg

Yeah, but it's kinda useless in that setup cuz literally everyone had a power role so you're just getting names.

It gets pretty useless to catch things later, yeah. But it works like a watcher night 1, so if you're lucky and target the player who dies.
    But all the powerroles helps spread it and that's how you win.
    unknown.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think Emily made up the plaguebearer role on her own. She does that sometimes. A wee creative fairy she is.

And I was offered a psychologist card in a Greater/est game, but I didn't take its power because it's fairly useless in 99% of situations.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I mean, at least in a Greater/est game where you aren't even guaranteed to have serial killers, and where there are a lot more powerful roles possible.

In a game with a serial killer, it could potentially be useful.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, at least in a Greater/est game where you aren't even guaranteed to have serial killers, and where there are a lot more powerful roles possible.

There's a difference between psychiatrist and psychologist ^^ The psychologist role sounds boring so I didn't add it ^^

There's a difference between psychiatrist and psychologist ^^ The psychologist role sounds boring so I didn't add it ^^

Lol, I don't know why I said psychologist, but I'm sure I meant psychiatrist. :D Well, the one that "cures" the serial killer anyway.

Lol, I don't know why I said psychologist, but I'm sure I meant psychiatrist. :D Well, the one that "cures" the serial killer anyway.

Makes sense ^^ The psychologist role is so boring I forgot what it can do xD

I didn't even know there was one :D

• KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited February 2018
    Plaguebearer is actually from Town of Salem. If they infect everyone alive, they become Pestilence, Horseman of the Apocalypse. Then they are invincible at night and can deal a powerful attack. Anyone who visits them will die and everyone they visit will die (unless they are protected). Pestilence can only die if lynched. Emily might have altered it a bit though.

Edit: Oh yeah Em just gave you a 1-shot ability which is kinda weak compared to the real Pestilence lol

http://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/Plaguebearer
    http://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/Pestilence
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

KleineMuff wrote: »
    Plaguebearer is actually from Town of Salem. If they infect everyone alive, they become Pestilence, Horseman of the Apocalypse. Then they are invincible at night and can deal a powerful attack. Anyone who visits them will die and everyone they visit will die (unless they are protected). Pestilence can only die if lynched. Emily might have altered it a bit though.

Edit: Oh yeah Em just gave you a 1-shot ability which is kinda weak compared to the real Pestilence lol

Yeah, I remembered where it came from after reading the original PM again :smile:
    The pestilence from Town of Salem is scary :lol:
    unknown.png
    KleineMuff wrote: »

Oh, that's actually fascinating. But difficult to pull off, I imagine.

I almost targeted Zinnia the night she visited me. Would've gotten one kill, at least.

I didn't even know there was one :D

I went through the list on mafia wiki to see what roles exist and there I found it. Zombie Lord sounds cool, too ^^
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Making my thread soon. I'll tag people if I remember to!
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Reserve me a spot Sub
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Reserve me a spot Sub

Will do. My setup is gonna be closed by the way.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub