Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New GP Leaked: The Sims 4 Jungle Adventures

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm maybe the only one, but I'm really excited to listen the new soundtrack for this GP. Hopefully it will be amazing like the vampires soundtrack.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If a teaser in scheduled to be released on a certain day, at a certain time, other countries get it before us because they get that time before us. It's a Time Zone thing.
  • GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    I for one am thrilled that it is a jungle and not a beach themed game pack. It is something new, something fresh and not some stagnant idea for a location that has been reused ad nauseam.

Those trees in that teaser though! I am in love! I hope that modders won't have to go around liberating or unlocking them for normal game use. I really want it now just to peruse through the various plants they'll be giving us! It's a jungle and jungles have loads of vegetation! Or at least the ones I'm thinking of do.

Yes, I would like there to be a beach destination somewhere along the line in future products, but I've always wanted a jungle themed world even if it doesn't live up to the hype I'm feeling right now.
  • DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    Hmm, decided to pop in to see if any new packs were upcoming & lo n behold..this one is coming.
    I like the looks of the trailer, some of the info sounds interesting. I hope I can do Steve, the croc hunter, in his khakis :)
    Or Dr. Jones & Dr Indiana Jones :)
    Hmm, the original Librarian too.

So, as I havent gotten through all the pages yet.. when is release slated hopefully for?
    GrandRail wrote: »
    I for one am thrilled that it is a jungle and not a beach themed game pack. It is something new, something fresh and not some stagnant idea for a location that has been reused ad nauseam.

Those trees in that teaser though! I am in love! I hope that modders won't have to go around liberating or unlocking them for normal game use. I really want it now just to peruse through the various plants they'll be giving us! It's a jungle and jungles have loads of vegetation! Or at least the ones I'm thinking of do.

Yes, I would like there to be a beach destination somewhere along the line in future products, but I've always wanted a jungle themed world even if it doesn't live up to the hype I'm feeling right now.

I'm sure if you select the jungle GP in the "packs" section, it will just show the new trees and plants.

I too, have wanted a jungle theme. It will be so much better with Seasons and I can make it a rain forest.
    DiS02 wrote: »
    Hmm, decided to pop in to see if any new packs were upcoming & lo n behold..this one is coming.
    I like the looks of the trailer, some of the info sounds interesting. I hope I can do Steve, the croc hunter, in his khakis :)

So, as I havent gotten through all the pages yet.. when is release slated hopefully for?

We don't know the pack release date yet, but some speculate it will be near the end of the month. The Russian teaser might have foretold of a trailer tomorrow.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    DiS02 wrote: »

Feb 27 I assume. GP’s usually get a 2 week build up to release.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

I am almost positive the jungle scene at the very beginning of the teaser is a backdrop.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    This sound very much like Jungle Adventure...

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926715/nature-adventures-treasure-hunting-gampack
    Forgotten Jungle- Vibrant towering rainforest trees, flowers, bird and animal effects, with small clearings between the massive green trees and many hidden paths under the canopy, a large waterfall/river on the edge. One medium residential lot (tree house/fort), one small empty lot in a clearing, one small residential lot on a dock/pier on the river (shack/lodge).

Spelunker's Den- Cavern/cave neighborhood area styled similar to the Forgotten Grotto location, one empty lot, one public Bar lot (cantina style, no walls or roof), hidden paths/nooks on the sides, a lot of ferns, moss, and waterfalls.

Bee/Bug Attack- A bee/bug swarm, sims will wave their arms frantically and run.

Artifacts- Discover unique ancient objects to decorate any house or museum: multiple swatches of spearheads, darts, pottery, totems, rugs, tools, masks, and sculptures. [also from other expansions... ancient looking and solid gold place settings (w/ Parenthood GP), ancient/woven patterned yoga mat (w/Spa GP), ancient Don't Wake the Llama game (w/get together EP), etc.] Sims can use a treasure map to dig for a chance to find one of these as they would to find a time capsule/figurines.
    a256aFi.gif

I am almost positive the jungle scene at the very beginning of the teaser is a backdrop.

Every world in this game has backdrops. Why would this one be any different? Check out the Russian teaser to see the actual world.
  • SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    edited February 2018
    @SimGuruNinja Forum avatar is a wider version of his teaser pic and it shows waterfalls that look really pretty and maybe some sort of bridge
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

^^ *Gasp* You eagle-eyed spy, you! ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oh man, this is looking frakking awesome! That jungle is amazing!

C'mon, give us the skinny! How many deadly species are there? Will there be dangerous traps? Rolling boulders? Can we swing out into the lagoon? Are there 'gators? What about the tombs? What kind of treasure is there? Are there mysteries? Riddles? How do we turn into skeletons? What do the dances look like? Are there native people like the Mayans, Incas or Aztecs? Tell me about the cantina! Gaa!

*Grabs Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, extension cord "whip", and sticks bell-shaped khaki flowerpot on head*

Ready!
    #Team Occult
    I hope we can really die from because of the bees & spiders. More dangers is really necessary in this game already too much predictable.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    LiELF wrote: »

C'mon, give us the skinny! How many deadly species are there? Will there be dangerous traps? Rolling boulders? Can we swing out into the lagoon? Are there 'gators? What about the tombs? What kind of treasure is there? Are there mysteries? Riddles? How do we turn into skeletons? What do the dances look like? Are there native people like the Mayans, Incas or Aztecs? Tell me about the cantina! Gaa!

*Grabs Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, extension cord "whip", and sticks bell-shaped khaki flowerpot on head*

Ready!

A+ on your excitement level!!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    Good news, the English teaser's out! Trailer confirmed :)
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

Ready!

So I can't give real answers yet, but maybe we can have a little fun...

You have 7 yes/no questions. Yes for 4 of those and No for 3.
    I can't fill in the open-ended questions. ;(

Ready!

So I already know that it's no for swing out into the laggon & rolling boulders.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Ready!

Ooooh I hope one of those yes’ applies to the natives! Would be awesome to stumble across a lost tribe of sims. :blush:
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

Ready!

My guesses:

Will there be dangerous traps? YES, and hopefully with consequences and death. >:)

Rolling boulders? YES

Can we swing out into the lagoon? NO?

Are there 'gators? NO?

Are there mysteries? YES

Riddles? YES

Are there native people like the Mayans, Incas or Aztecs? NO?
    a256aFi.gif
    edited February 2018

Ready!

Ooooh I hope one of those yes’ applies to the natives! Would be awesome to stumble across a lost tribe of sims. :blush:

The description says "meet the locals" so, that one is a yes.

"Do you want to play a game?" (Wargames)

Here are the questions that CAN be answered. Simguruninja said there are 4 yes and 3 no. Let's answer them and see who's right.

1. Traps?
    2. Boulders?
    3. Swing out?
    4. Gators?
    5. Mysteries?
    6. Riddles?
    7. Natives?

Here are my answers:
    1. yes
    2. no
    3. no
    4. yes
    5. no
    6. yes
    7. yes

What are your answers?
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    1. Traps= yes
    2. Boulders= no
    3. Swing out= no
    4. Gators=no
    5. Mysteries=yes
    6. Riddles=yes
    7. Natives= yes

Boulders and Natives I am the least sure about myself.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Ready!

Is there more than one skill including hidden skills?

Is the exploration space bigger than Outdoor Retreat?

Is there more lots than Outdoor Retreat?

Does the mysterious temple load as it’s own Neighborhood and randomly generate new puzzles?

If I get 4/4 at least that’s my questions answered :trollface:
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maddis wrote: »

Discover a hidden temple.Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.

This actually gives the GP a glimmer of hope.

I said at the teaser trailer for the quarter that worst case scenario, they take the same old "BOY LIFE SURE IS HAPPY ALL THE TIME" tone Sims 4 is akin to and do it again here.

Best case
    scenario, I suggested they would create some form of dungeon-generating system that randomizes a layout for your Sim to explore. I thought of this precisely because the weakness of World Adventures is repetition, and honestly I doubt Sims 4 has the budget for any handmade, detailed dungeons.

Creating a system that automates the process though? That could work, if done well. Assuming these leaks are real, I'm actually curious now. The premise of the Game Pack itself is solid and relies on GAMEPLAY. Whether they do it correctly or not is the question, and that little bolded snippet gives this pack a glimmer of hope.

The game already has a bit of randomization; you can dig up the same dig site on consecutive days and not get the same crystal or metal, and in CL you don't always get the same poster from the same electrical box. If they were able to expand that randomization to a full WA-style tomb or temple, that would be awesome (where you not only have different loot but different trap settings as well).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Oh for sure. But modders can still take assests from the backdrops and make them objects.