Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglars? Haven't seen any

Comments

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Yeah it is true it's just a game not to be taken too seriously but I always like to see many views of others and respect their opinions and wishes. There are already good solutions done and making Vampires is great example of how to please Fantasy gamers and also respect realism players.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    I heard somewhere months ago that there are no plans to bring the burglar back because of some sort of real-life triggering events to it. I forgot if it was a Tweet or an article on the official Sims blog.

...Something something "players possibly triggered by these experiences IRL" something something...
    It's a bummer, personally, but it is what it is I suppose.
    You wrote: »
    good the burglar music in sims 2 was absolutely terrifying and scarred me for life lol
    In my experience, The Sims 1 had a far more terrifying tune when the burglar appeared. :fearful: It still sends chills up my spine to this day.

Because they "trigger" people? That would explain a lot of really great things missing from the game now. It's a shame that they had to water it down because of some notion that people are too soft or thin skinned to handle burgles. But if they are so worried about "triggering" people then they should remove woohoo, take away the ability to make trans sims, no more fire period. Sims shouldn't get angry at all. Then you'd have to remove the juice bar, 'cause we all know what that is supposed to be.

Sims can get food poisoning. That could be a possible "trigger" as well. And we don't want sims to drown in pools. And pets dying, so traumatic. I'm not making light of these events IRL, because I'm sure many of us have gone through at least three of them at one time or another. But they can't (if they did say that) use that as an excuse. Because if the issue of "triggering" someone was so great, well then Sims 4 shouldn't even exist.

The Sims was great. Sims 2 was great. Loved it if your sim was to poor to afford a car alarm and the car got stolen. lol And the Sims 3 was great. I think they've forgotten that the game is a life simulator, so shouldn't it have all those things still in it?

https://youtu.be/2MKO3I81_gs

Couldn't agree more... I just want my burglars back, and much more.

I like to escape reality for the fantasy dream worlds I create in The Sims and it's a great feeling to not have everything be all sugar & rainbows in that fantasy world. I always welcome disastrous events as they have expanded storytelling elements to it - taking those elements away is kind of what has my driving force to play this game for long periods of time at an all-time low as far as my Sims gaming history goes.
    // take me back to 2018.
    edited February 2018
    Because if she want to stop playing because of the burglars, how she do with vampires?

You can't really compare burglars with Vampires because Vampires do not exist but burglars are real. Vampires might sneak into a house but they are not patched in the game. So if a simmer does not like Vampires they have a choise of not to buy the game pack. You can't skip something that is patched in the game so burglars would be forced for everyone unlike Vampires. I thought that I already explained the logik of this earlier in this topic. But like I said, I got nothing against them if they are patched in the game as npc if they can be turned off.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Because if she want to stop playing because of the burglars, how she do with vampires?

You can't really compare burglars with Vampires because Vampires do not exist but burglars are real. Vampires might sneak into a house but they are not patched in the game. So if a simmer does not like Vampires they have a choise of not to buy the game pack. You can't skip something that is patched in the game so burglars would be forced for everyone unlike Vampires. I thought that I already explained the logik of this earlier in this topic. But like I said, I got nothing against them if they are patched in the game as npc if they can be turned off.

If there's alarms, I don't understand why this is so boring for you. Anyway, to each one his opinion.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Ofcourse but it's always easier to understand when opinions are more specific and well explained. And since you asked I actually answer to your question about boring earlier, for me it is about character depth.
    Ofcourse but it's always easier to understand when opinions are more specific and well explained. And since you asked I actually answer to your question about boring earlier, for me it is about character depth.

I'm not able to give my opinion proprely cause English is not my mother tongue.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    The lack of NPCs (burglars, firefighters, etc) is probably the thing that bothers me the most about TS4 and makes it feel incomplete; along with teleporting instead of getting into a vehicle (carpool, taxi, etc). I had hope when they patched in the Gardener, Handyman, and Nanny NPCs but nothing yet.

Our sims can already have a criminal career. So, personally I don't think that burglar NPCs are too dramatic for the game and would really improve gameplay and challenge our sims in an otherwise too perfect sim world.
    Jase wrote: »
    The lack of NPCs (burglars, firefighters, etc) is probably the thing that bothers me the most about TS4 and makes it feel incomplete; along with teleporting instead of getting into a vehicle (carpool, taxi, etc). I had hope when they patched in the Gardener, Handyman, and Nanny NPCs but nothing yet.

Our sims can already have a criminal career. So, personally I don't think that burglar NPCs are too dramatic for the game and would really improve gameplay and challenge our sims in an otherwise too perfect sim world.

Exactly. Today while I was playing, there were a fire because of the tumble dryer and I was very happy. I noticed how the unexpected is important for the immersion. I applause them for that, and I hope they'll give us more unexepected event like that.

Lu4ERme.gif
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    I find it strange why some don't want burglars in the game. How would they cope if they had a real life burglar unexpectedly happen? I find the burglar feature in Sims 3 useful. Because it helps to be prepared if anything unexpectedly should happen. By placing burglar alarms around the house. Which helps train your thinking how to setup a real life burglar alarm system. Around your own real life home.

Perhaps some have encountered or experienced a real life burglar break in, at their own home. And they want the Sims 4 game free of it. But there could be some mods for Sims 4 made, that can prevent burglars from happening. Since Sims 3 has burglar block mods.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think at the end of the day, EA/Maxis will pick the "safe" option and not do a single plum thing.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2018
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    I miss the little things that made life a bit harder for my sims. It seems like my sims live in a utopia where nothing bad ever happens at random. Sometimes I like it when things don't go according to plan, it happens to us all in real life, and i want this type of realism in my sims life too!

I don't like too much realism of this kind in my game. A little is fine, but if my Sims had to deal with everything real life people do everyday (especially health and financial issues and expensive healthcare/prescriptions), the game would be impossible to play. I wouldn't mind seeing a "Coffee Addict", "Sugar Addict" or "Bad Breath" trait added to the game though, or an option to "Go to Doctor Appointment" or "Go to Dentist appointment" (both would result in the Sim going offscreen to a rabbithole and returning after an hour or two (perfect opportunity for chance cards). The bad breath could be resolved (temporarily) by brushing teeth or visiting dentist. The sugar addict Sim would of course regularly crave sodas and anything in the desserts category, would gain weight easily, and have a hard time losing weight as a result. Coffee addicts would be self-explanatory - they would be drinking coffee frequently and have coffee withdrawal on days when they don't drink coffee. They also would not get the jitters/dazed from drinking coffee.

Oh well, maybe some modder will read this thread....if so, please feel free to use these trait ideas. Maxis of course is more than welcome to use these ideas too.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm surprised there's also not any "dumb" traits for Sims in TS4...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm surprised there's also not any "dumb" traits for Sims in TS4...

What would a "dumb" trait look like? People can be intelligent but unwise, for instance. Would it look like the absent minded one did in TS3? Or would it portray a lack of intelligence...difficulty learning new skills (especially logic and rocket science) for instance? "Lacking common sense" would be very hard for anyone to make because it would determine the choices.....that the player constantly makes for the Sim. Players can already make "dumb" choices for their Sims deliberately (like having their Sim stay up late playing games or writing jokes on the computer and going to bed only 6 hours before they need to start their workday).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I never liked burglars, they are annoying because they came almost every household and just woke everyone up and did the same thing every time. But I think it would be cool to have some kind of villains in the game. Maybe even a superhero/villain pack for creating either villain or a hero. Both of them could have their own power path for character creation.

This! I'd rather have this. I'd rather play a fun super-villain than have an annoying NPC anyways. Heck, I'd rather play a simple burglar than have the NPC. The NPC is just a money sink (one or more alarms, plus anything replaced that they steal). There's no challenge. Just tedium.

Now if you played a burglar, who has to case a joint, break in, steal stuff, avoid detection, meet a contact and/or fence the stolen goods, etc. That could be fun. Though I'd rather play a super-villain if we're gonna have this kind of route.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    @TheGoodOldGamer @Jadeleine
    Great ideas.

I would love to create a custom npc burglar. And set a certain amount of skills on a burglar. Like what time the burglar, burgles the house. If you set picklocking doors skill level low. And the house doors and windows was locked. The burglar would have no success breaking in.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I was playing the Dreamers in my sims4 yesterday and mrs Dreamer caught on fire. I thought Ya something different. and I was hoping I had forgot the fire alarms. But I hadn't. she didn't burn to death. there was no twist in their lives. the extinguishers came on and put out the fire. she showered and was fine. I miss the twists of the burglars. no sleep and cranky for work and school next day. and being able to free the burglar from the police car. I can't remember the last time any of my sims were abducted. all the drama all the twists have gone. nothing unpredictable happens ever.
    surely EA can patch these in the game, and we can have an on off switch like we do for autonomy, or ageing. I miss the sliders. were we can determine how much abductions we want or how often we want to be burgled. Oh ya we can't. I wish we could. we need Drama back. because the game gets boring very quickly.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really hope the burglar NPC can come back. Mask and everything along with burglar alarms, police NPC's etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Great ideas.

I would love to create a custom npc burglar. And set a certain amount of skills on a burglar. Like what time the burglar, burgles the house. If you set picklocking doors skill level low. And the house doors and windows was locked. The burglar would have no success breaking in.

Yeah, they could be humorous type of Villains, not too bad but Villains with Super Powers that are fun and has humor so maybe sensitive people would not get triggered. There is also other type of Villains than burglars like overall they could have some kind of fun skills like walking "invisible"

There could be new type of collectible of artifacts and treasure chests.

There could be Superhero and Villain styled outfits and objects for their hiding places. Superheroes could have other kind of powers like making sim happy or cleanse them from negative puffs and have power show off with villains (similar to vampires). They could create protective aura's on objects, houses and artifacts.

But I know that I am minority with this idea and most people just wanna see the same things over and over again, so its kinda me pushing my imagination out of comfort zone, but one can always dream :smile: ...
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    > @Nectere said:
    > There are no burglars, npc police, firefighters or charlatans.

I thought for sure I had a fireman come, cause I believe he stayed around for drinks lol
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    Great ideas.

Yeah, they could be humorous type of Villains, not too bad but Villains with Super Powers that are fun and has humor so maybe sensitive people would not get triggered. There is also other type of Villains than burglars like overall they could have some kind of fun skills like walking "invisible"

There could be new type of collectible of artifacts and treasure chests.

There could be Superhero and Villain styled outfits and objects for their hiding places. Superheroes could have other kind of powers like making sim happy or cleanse them from negative puffs and have power show off with villains (similar to vampires). They could create protective aura's on objects, houses and artifacts.

But I know that I am minority with this idea and most people just wanna see the same things over and over again, so its kinda me pushing my imagination out of comfort zone, but one can always dream :smile: ...

It's not about the same thing over and over again, it's about the fact that, at least me, I prefer a more realistic thing like burglars, which are a staple/iconic NPC of The Sims, rather than lollyland super villains.

Not to mention super hero NPC's would just add to the happy rainbow place nauseam TS4 already has.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hey all I've done a quick clean-up of the thread. On this please don't bash others or their opinions and please aim to discuss the topic rather than people.
    I never liked burglars, they are annoying because they came almost every household and just woke everyone up and did the same thing every time. But I think it would be cool to have some kind of villains in the game. Maybe even a superhero/villain pack for creating either villain or a hero. Both of them could have their own power path for character creation.

Fantastic suggestion imo ! That's great feedback @Jadeleine :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    For anyone that is bored to pieces - try the Murkland challenge. Create a new game and wipe out Oasis and turn it into Murkland. Its by far my favorite challenge to date - the lots and characters are fantastic and the very long challenge is def a challenge. Check it out! :)

Post Apocalyptic Murkland The Starter Challenge

(I have a save game that I have have wiped out all lots and characters in all worlds, I copy that to do challenges, testing or for builds. It takes a while, but its worth it to have a clean empty save to get creative with.)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    edited February 2018
    @Sigzy05 Yes, but this is a game for children too so maybe It can´t be too scary because of kids. So I thought that villains/heroes would be softer...
    @Nectere, thanks for the tip, I have been lurking at that thread and it´s on my list of challenges to try :smile:
    Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • notmothergothelnotmothergothel Posts: 42 Member
    But, Sims 4 is rated T for Teen.
  • LunaSimmssLunaSimmss Posts: 34 Member
    I honestly miss the burglars in the sims. It added a challenge when things didn't go as planned for my sims. ):