The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New GP Leaked: The Sims 4 Jungle Adventures

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It will be setup the same way it is setup in OR. There will be a place (like the ranger station) where you can buy camping stuff like tents and coolers but jungle stuff instead. But the clothes will be in CAS as they always have been.

What if it's one of those tacky novelty tees that can only be bought in said location? Like the unique festival t-shirts?

The festival tee shirts only "show up" when the festival shows up, so the buying time is limited. But the vacation destination will always be there like GF, they won't come and go. But, if I remember correctly, so I might be wrong, you can not buy the camping outfits at the Ranger Station. But you can at a retail store if they are on a mannequin or in CAS. I expect JA to be the same system setup.

It does say 'Your Sims can try traditional foods, dance to new music, practice native customs and shop for authentic décor. Dress your Sims in local fashion from outfits full of colourful patterns to durable clothing suitable for the jungle!' so maybe it will be the same way as the festivals, where you can visit the market, learn new customs, and buy local decor, foods, or outfits that you can't find in Build Mode or CAS to give the vacation destination something unique that you can't get back in the main worlds unless you've already visited and unlocked it. That would be really interesting :smile:

I wonder if they have the "I almost died inside an ancient tomb and all I got was this stupid t-shirt" tee?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @IceyJ wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Oh I'm so excited, I crave more danger!

I hope they didn't forget the motivation though. The parts about the deadly traps and the "new adventures each time" sounds great.

What sticks out to me as concerning is the rewards. So far it only sounds like cash rewards, and that would be a real disappointment if this entire system was made and our only motivation for exploring the GP's world is....simoleons. I hope they've actually got some unique, long-term rewards lined up (and not furniture objects, but rather improvements for our Sims much like how in World Adventures you'd master Martial Arts along the way) as motivation for exploring.

Collect ancient artifacts. Uncover hidden items as Sims seek out ancient artifacts and mysterious relics. Sims can excavate and examine these precious objects closely at the archeology table, determining their quality, but watch out for fakes!

There's this, so I don't think it's just simoleons. You could have like a Lara Croft character that collects relics and puts them on the museums. At least those will now work for something with this pack.

Re-stating what I posted in another thread, but I don't want objects, I want character development.

Let's say you complete a huge temple and it was nice and challenging, and now the game is offering you your choice of one of two rewards: a giant, shiny chair made of pure gold, or a new trait for your Sim that gives them the ability to turn other Sims into walking skeletons.

I'm going to take a guess you'd pick the trait with the power, and you know why...? It's unique. It's long term. It makes your Sim feel unique and like they've unlocked something new that gives them a new way to be played. For doing the GP, your sim now permanently has a great new ability that sets them apart from other Sims on the street. That's good, and that's precisely the type of rewards this game desperately needs.

Getting a shiny new chair or a new collection is boring because it's just another thing to sit in the house and look shiny. Watching your Sim develop as a character....? Let's get one thing straight: the two most popular packs of this entire game are Vampires and Parenthood. Both packs offer exactly what I'm talking about. They give you new traits or powers that help customize how your Sim interacts with the world.

That is what people desperately want and need. Not a chair that gives your Sim a Happy moodlet if they stare at it long enough that they go blind, but actual personality for our Sims that they get as a reward for doing something involving gameplay.

Unfortunately, a chair is easy and doesn't require new animations. I suspect that this factors heavily into the decisions made regarding extras like rewards. I'm still disappointed that career rewards aren't unique objects like they were in TS2.

That said, those career rewards are in place of a new game play object available. For example, University had 3 unique gameplay items for the careers, and that left almost no new gameplay objects for the regular buy catalog. I remember there was a Bonfire, treadmill & Coffee Stand and that's about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember. The Career gameplay objects took up slots for normal gameplay items.

You did forgot bubble blower ,gadget kiosk, drums, archade machines, counterfeiting machine, sprinklers, juice keg, bass, stove that summons cook npc.
    Gadget Kisok isn’t really a gameplay item. It’s a stand.
    Than I don't know what you a classify a gameplay item. It does offer new gameplay gear (the cellphone, handheld and mp3), not to mention it might be the only first object that sells items without a cash register/tilt. I see essentially no different from coffee stand.

I'm kinda looking forward what this new upcoming game pack has to offer.

It’s techincally just a decor item, but the cellphone, handheld and mp3 are new gameplay items.

It's not "technically just a decor item" since it's animated. Sims insert the simoleon bill and the gadget drops.

Decor objects can have animations. A fountain is a decor object but Sims can toss a coin.

I mean, do you consider the base game fountains to be a gameplay object because they can toss a coin? To me, that’s not gameplay.

The wind chimes in Backyard Stuff. People claimed that was a gameplay item too. But to me, that’s a decor item with a unique sound attached and animation.

A gameplay item needs to offer gameplay of some sort. The stand in Uni, allows you to buy gameplay items, but I don’t see an animation meaning it’s a gameplay item.

The fountain that came with Romantic Garden is a gameplay object. You can't toss a coin at every fountain if you don't have the pack which brings the fountain.

That fountain is, yes.

But the toss coin interaction is from the base game.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

I hope they didn't forget the motivation though. The parts about the deadly traps and the "new adventures each time" sounds great.

What sticks out to me as concerning is the rewards. So far it only sounds like cash rewards, and that would be a real disappointment if this entire system was made and our only motivation for exploring the GP's world is....simoleons. I hope they've actually got some unique, long-term rewards lined up (and not furniture objects, but rather improvements for our Sims much like how in World Adventures you'd master Martial Arts along the way) as motivation for exploring.

Collect ancient artifacts. Uncover hidden items as Sims seek out ancient artifacts and mysterious relics. Sims can excavate and examine these precious objects closely at the archeology table, determining their quality, but watch out for fakes!

There's this, so I don't think it's just simoleons. You could have like a Lara Croft character that collects relics and puts them on the museums. At least those will now work for something with this pack.

Re-stating what I posted in another thread, but I don't want objects, I want character development.

Let's say you complete a huge temple and it was nice and challenging, and now the game is offering you your choice of one of two rewards: a giant, shiny chair made of pure gold, or a new trait for your Sim that gives them the ability to turn other Sims into walking skeletons.

I'm going to take a guess you'd pick the trait with the power, and you know why...? It's unique. It's long term. It makes your Sim feel unique and like they've unlocked something new that gives them a new way to be played. For doing the GP, your sim now permanently has a great new ability that sets them apart from other Sims on the street. That's good, and that's precisely the type of rewards this game desperately needs.

Getting a shiny new chair or a new collection is boring because it's just another thing to sit in the house and look shiny. Watching your Sim develop as a character....? Let's get one thing straight: the two most popular packs of this entire game are Vampires and Parenthood. Both packs offer exactly what I'm talking about. They give you new traits or powers that help customize how your Sim interacts with the world.

That is what people desperately want and need. Not a chair that gives your Sim a Happy moodlet if they stare at it long enough that they go blind, but actual personality for our Sims that they get as a reward for doing something involving gameplay.

Unfortunately, a chair is easy and doesn't require new animations. I suspect that this factors heavily into the decisions made regarding extras like rewards. I'm still disappointed that career rewards aren't unique objects like they were in TS2.

That said, those career rewards are in place of a new game play object available. For example, University had 3 unique gameplay items for the careers, and that left almost no new gameplay objects for the regular buy catalog. I remember there was a Bonfire, treadmill & Coffee Stand and that's about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember. The Career gameplay objects took up slots for normal gameplay items.

You did forgot bubble blower ,gadget kiosk, drums, archade machines, counterfeiting machine, sprinklers, juice keg, bass, stove that summons cook npc.
    Than I don't know what you a classify a gameplay item. It does offer new gameplay gear (the cellphone, handheld and mp3), not to mention it might be the only first object that sells items without a cash register/tilt. I see essentially no different from coffee stand.

It’s techincally just a decor item, but the cellphone, handheld and mp3 are new gameplay items.

It's not "technically just a decor item" since it's animated. Sims insert the simoleon bill and the gadget drops.

Decor objects can have animations. A fountain is a decor object but Sims can toss a coin.

I mean, do you consider the base game fountains to be a gameplay object because they can toss a coin? To me, that’s not gameplay.

The wind chimes in Backyard Stuff. People claimed that was a gameplay item too. But to me, that’s a decor item with a unique sound attached and animation.

A gameplay item needs to offer gameplay of some sort. The stand in Uni, allows you to buy gameplay items, but I don’t see an animation meaning it’s a gameplay item.

The fountain that came with Romantic Garden is a gameplay object. You can't toss a coin at every fountain if you don't have the pack which brings the fountain.

That fountain is, yes.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember being able to do it before RG. The interaction might have been patched in, but it certainly wasn't there since base game.
    Hope this pack adds sleeping bag woohoo.

We don't have sleeping bags and I doubt we get them in this GP.

I think we 'll be getting sleeping bags with this pack.

Why? I could see hammocks, but a sleeping bag would be more of a GF item.

if the tombs are big they could be there for a long time so a sleeping bag would be good to have
    and there would be no where inside to put up a hammock @Dannydanbo

I don't think that the tombs are going to all that big, plus, if your sim is tired, they can leave and comeback the next day to finish the adventure.

leaving a tome is pretty immersion breaking.

If letting your sim go back to his basecamp to get rest to continue the next day of exploring tombs breaks your cartoon game immersion, then I have no words.

Well you didn’t actually have to. WA added new survivalist stuff that allowed you to refill some needs while you were in the tombs (shower in a can, etc). Meaning you could stay there and not have to leave, but you also had the choice to leave if that’s what you wanted to do.

Leaving a tomb in Sims 4 is obviously going to be much different, seeing how every time you travel you have to go through a loading screen to a completely different area.

I wonder if sims will even actually need survivalist stuff? I mean if the "cantina" (I'm assuming it's a cafeteria) has everything tis best if sims teleport there. On OR, you can do the same. It just depends weather you are willing to go through a loading screen or not.

On TS3 you had to travel from A to B being an open world which meant loosing vacation time while travelling. So it was important to sleep on the tombs.

Well I don’t exactly think this pack will be about tomb exploration. The ruins will probably be rabbitholes with text pop ups (like the tree from the base game), but I doubt your Sim will actually go anywhere. I figure the dangers are in the jungle, the ruins and pools and what not are probably just around the world on various paths for you to stumble across.

I don't think it will be rabbit holes like the tree or cave. The description indicates that it won't be.

Discover a hidden temple. Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.

That doesn't sound like a rabbit hole to me.

It probably works like the apartment buildings. Big fx building with a lot inside.

I reckon it’s like the Oasis Springs cave.

The whole world was the inside of the cave. I imagine the world will be the inside of the temple.

SimGuruGraham mentioned once they were excited about what the “secret worlds” meant for future gameplay, so I imagine the tech behind them is finally being put to use.
    edited February 2018
    @aws200 wrote: »
    NikNak wrote: »
    Hope this pack adds sleeping bag woohoo.

We don't have sleeping bags and I doubt we get them in this GP.

I think we 'll be getting sleeping bags with this pack.

Why? I could see hammocks, but a sleeping bag would be more of a GF item.

if the tombs are big they could be there for a long time so a sleeping bag would be good to have
    and there would be no where inside to put up a hammock @Dannydanbo

I don't think that the tombs are going to all that big, plus, if your sim is tired, they can leave and comeback the next day to finish the adventure.

leaving a tome is pretty immersion breaking.

If letting your sim go back to his basecamp to get rest to continue the next day of exploring tombs breaks your cartoon game immersion, then I have no words.

Well you didn’t actually have to. WA added new survivalist stuff that allowed you to refill some needs while you were in the tombs (shower in a can, etc). Meaning you could stay there and not have to leave, but you also had the choice to leave if that’s what you wanted to do.

Leaving a tomb in Sims 4 is obviously going to be much different, seeing how every time you travel you have to go through a loading screen to a completely different area.

I wonder if sims will even actually need survivalist stuff? I mean if the "cantina" (I'm assuming it's a cafeteria) has everything tis best if sims teleport there. On OR, you can do the same. It just depends weather you are willing to go through a loading screen or not.

On TS3 you had to travel from A to B being an open world which meant loosing vacation time while travelling. So it was important to sleep on the tombs.

Well I don’t exactly think this pack will be about tomb exploration. The ruins will probably be rabbitholes with text pop ups (like the tree from the base game), but I doubt your Sim will actually go anywhere. I figure the dangers are in the jungle, the ruins and pools and what not are probably just around the world on various paths for you to stumble across.

I really hope this isn't the case.

Knowing the 'creativity' of TS4 it may end up happening. This engine can't handle anything. A big lot, many Sims on a single lot, no fade mods, lighting, etc. This game lags pretty bad with all DLC installed too worse than Sims 3. Rabbit holes will no doubt become more common as the game's tech gets pushed further to its doom.

The game has been shown to run stable now than it did at launch, even with all DLC installed.

People nowadays are getting more than 60fps, whereas when the game came out, there was huge complaints that most people couldn’t get past the 40fps zone with just the base game.

Most of the big YouTube Simmers have perfect 60fps gameplay. Most of these same Simmers have either given up on The Sims 3 due to performance issues (Deligracy, SimSupply, EnglishSimmer) and even some YouTubers tried to go back and still had issues (xUrbanSimsx)

I don’t see this as being the case honestly.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

That fountain is, yes.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember being able to do it before RG. The interaction might have been patched in, but it certainly wasn't there since base game.

It's not a BG feature.

Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff also added the ability to toss coins into fountains.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited February 2018
    SimGuruNinja shared a screenshot:
    cKlk6731_400x400.jpg

That pixelated waterfall. Lovely. :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    They apparently bring their smirk along on their adventuring trip.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    he looks dazed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ I usually look dazed. Life comes at you kind of fast.
    edited February 2018
    NikNak wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja shared a screenshot:
    cKlk6731_400x400.jpg

That pixelated waterfall. Lovely. :)

Looks like there is one of those rope bridges that sims have to get across beside him, I wonder if it moves tho.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Ninjas need to be fast.
    edited February 2018
    Nvm..
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

So can you reveal how many neighborhoods (or districts) are there in the jungle? ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It really seems like a jungle.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Honestly.. It looks great.
    I love how that Sim runs away from the bees. Hopefully that means the bees and the spiders aren't just moodlets.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It's a gp so no bigger than OR I would imagine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Why is there no English teaser though? Odd. Anyway it looks kinda cool! I like the way the jungle looks.
  • LunaSimmssLunaSimmss Posts: 34 Member
    This sounds really interesting! I'm just saying that Seasons would make this pack even cooler. (;
    Hint hint, EA.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Why is there no English teaser though? Odd. Anyway it looks kinda cool! I like the way the jungle looks.

English teasers come always after. I don't know why.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited February 2018

love your hat @SimGuruNinja
    SimTrippy wrote: »

English teasers come always after. I don't know why.

Ahh okay good to know ^^ so does that mean trailer tomorrow, February 13th? :love:
    looks like it @SimTrippy