Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cat Player or Dog Player?

KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
Definitely thought I would end up playing one a lot more than the other but I end up playing with cats a lot more than dogs.

EDIT: I play with both now. I definitely have more cats in the households than dogs, though. It's a 2:1 ratio haha.
Post edited by KHS12 on

Cat Player or Dog Player? 264 votes

Cat Player
29%
Goldmoldartinahjalmaralan650111Bluebeard45MartinvWitchirisMi9shaoscarmcruddAnmirlaBoergeAarg61Bagoas77Moon_Willowalejandro15039PopcornHotsaucealanmichael1roflmaoxsarahzagboorulessekojranapapertongueRavager619 78 votes
Dog Player
31%
GalacticGaldjacquelynstewsillehbeeAlexaiColorist40PlayerSinger2010SimburianStrangerthanjustChrisUkCynnaDida_Quickswitchkemiszg01denswangoodcakebaker62a_niles06simmietimeSim2SporeelelunicyMikado-chanMoonfoxNightcry 83 votes
Both
39%
icmnfrshJeanKita5399Kamb64Icewolfbecca022IceyJaprilroseHowGreatThouArtrudolphaVibseWritin_RegIsb917Niki110287elanorbretonRococo1256JessicaBPlyrCherryrose_xSerraNolwensimgirl1010 103 votes

Comments

• HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Both
    I prefer dogs in real life, but Sims 4 dogs are such high maintenance. My household has a cat right now, and it's much easier. I have 2 adults and 5 child Sims so I spend most of my time trying to skill them up/build relationships; if I had a dog, the poor thing would be neglected.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Dog Player
    i have more dogs than cats. both are nice, but dogs are one of my favorite animals and i like seeing them in-game.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Cat Player
    Did have a pair of cats but after the Vet nearly killed them by not showing up I do not bother with Pets anymore.
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Dog Player
    I don't think I've ever played with a cat in The Sims at all and I've been playing since The Sims 1.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Dog Player
    I'm more of a cat person, but I don't really like how the cats look in sims 4 pets. The dogs are cuter, so I play with them more often.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Cat Player
    Cats are so much easier to manage than dogs in this game.
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    Dog Player
    Dogs!! I've had a bunch and I love how much you can customize them. I wish there were more size options, like maybe a medium size, though. I've owned just one cat, I think, but I'm not much of a cat person so I haven't bothered with them
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Both
    I'm a cat person irl, but I've found myself playing with both in my households, but cats are so much more manageable than dogs are. You really need a Sim to have some time on their hands if you want to have a dog in S4.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Both
    Both, but I lean more towards cats. I'm a cat person irl, and what's really funny is that I used to detest cats. Now I have of them lol.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Dog Player
    Dogs, and I am a dog person IRL. I must admit, the sims 4 cats are very well done and so darn cute, but I cannot get past the fact that they climb up onto everything, ESPECIALLY kitchen counters. That in itself is why I'd never have a cat in real life.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Both
    I'm actually more of a dog fan but lately I've been playing with cats more, mostly because they don't get dirty for what seems like every 5 minutes like the dogs in game.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Niki110287Niki110287 Posts: 110 Member
    Both
    IRL I have 4 cats, a dog, two birds and an aquarium full of fish so most of my Sims end up with multiple pets as well. A few only have one or the other but most have at least one of each.
  • tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Both
    Dogs or cats, they have their individual charm, yes?
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Cat Player
    I haven't bothered with giving the sims I play with any pets yet (just made sure their neighbours had some), but when I do I'd probably go with cats.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I played both but they are so much work and you can't control them that I find if very frustrating the only reason I bought CATS AND DOGS is because I wanted to play the Vet Career. I don't play them anymore but I do have one family a Husband and Wife who are both Vets and they adopt all the pets in the Neighborhood that I can find when I play them.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I can NOT do an official vote in this pole -

I made my Vet a "Dog Lover", but since she works 12-13 hr shifts EVERYDAY, she doesn't have time to care for a dog! Since I keep getting Vets with no experience (in all three required fields), my Vet has been running the entire clinic solo!

In real life, I'm a cat person, and I have no idea why I didn't make her one as well. Just had to get an "auto- clean" litter box, an automatic pet feeder, and a few toys. Just gotta remember to install a cat door, so kitty could go exploring. But no. :/

Unfortunately, I feel that her dog loving trait would make her feel "incomplete" if she owned a cat.

If I HAD TO choose one, I'd probably go with cats!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Nita90Nita90 Posts: 17 Member
    Cat Player
    I prefer cats in real life and in the sims too. :)
  • CrazyKatTheSimmerCrazyKatTheSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Dog Player
    Dogs all the way! In real life I love both dogs and cats, but in Sims I prefer having the challenge of looking after a dog, yes they require WAYYYYY ore attention and care but there are also some awesome perks! At the moment my household have two dogs and one kitten.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Dog Player
    I don’t like cats in real life; therefore, cats in-game get immediately deleted.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Dog Player
    The only correct answer. I am a friend, not wait staff.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Both
    I play both. Unlike some people I love ALL animals (real and pixel) but the dogs in Sims4 is really pushing my buttons. I'm so tired of them running in a bush every half a second and always coming out bit or sprayed. Soon as I bathe him or get him treated he's right back to it. I had to take the party bush out of my Sims' yards because of this stupid obsession. I don't know if it's like that for everyone, but it's that way for me and frankly it's tiresome. I can't even take the dog to the Bluffs because of those bushes and his unhealthy need to go in them. I'm also tired of his constant whining. He has friendly, hunter, and smart traits, but somehow he suddenly forgot he's housebroke. My Sim takes him walking and soon as they get home he starts whining to go back out. I send him hunting and he enjoys that, but when he comes home he whines. Gawd...reminds me of my ex whine whine whine haha...I'm almost wanting to adopt him out soon because of this. If I wanted something so demanding I would have had a child.
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    Dog Player
    Almost always dogs, and then sometimes, maybe a cat as well.
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • MoonlitShadowXoxoMoonlitShadowXoxo Posts: 57 Member
    Both
    i have more dogs than cats. both are nice, but dogs are one of my favorite animals and i like seeing them in-game.

I agree. I love dogs more than cats but both are nice in game.
    Both
    Todiloo wrote: »
    Almost always dogs, and then sometimes, maybe a cat as well.

agreed. dogs more than cats def.
    Both
    candy8 wrote: »
    I played both but they are so much work and you can't control them that I find if very frustrating the only reason I bought CATS AND DOGS is because I wanted to play the Vet Career. I don't play them anymore but I do have one family a Husband and Wife who are both Vets and they adopt all the pets in the Neighborhood that I can find when I play them.

I feel ya. The vet career sounds cool at first, but dogs and cats in game def make it hard I'm sure.