Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglars? Haven't seen any

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    theFella wrote: »
    Being randomly burgled would contradict Sims 4's theme of "you have to try really, really hard to get bad things to happen", so they removed it.

Yet I've had three sims set themselves on fire trying to cook breakfast in the last 2 weeks

Did they die?

They seem a lot more efficient at extinguishing themselves, so luckily not.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    good the burglar music in sims 2 was absolutely terrifying and scarred me for life lol
    I'm you.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited February 2018
    the only burglars is vampires for your sims plasma :tongue:
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yup, Vampire only close to the robbers but only steal plasma instead of your sims stuff. xD
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yup, Vampire only close to the robbers but only steal plasma instead of your sims stuff. xD

Unless they're also kleptos too!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited February 2018
    I heard somewhere months ago that there are no plans to bring the burglar back because of some sort of real-life triggering events to it. I forgot if it was a Tweet or an article on the official Sims blog.

...Something something "players possibly triggered by these experiences IRL" something something...
    It's a bummer, personally, but it is what it is I suppose.
    You wrote: »
    good the burglar music in sims 2 was absolutely terrifying and scarred me for life lol
    In my experience, The Sims 1 had a far more terrifying tune when the burglar appeared. :fearful: It still sends chills up my spine to this day.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    No burglars, thank goodness, and if they ever come back, one alarm had better cover the entire lot, I swear. :| Just the word burglar makes me think back to Sims 1 days when the lots looked awful because you had to have corner walls for the alarm to cover the lot.

Total waste of time back then, still would be now, imo.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    I heard somewhere months ago that there are no plans to bring the burglar back because of some sort of real-life triggering events to it. I forgot if it was a Tweet or an article on the official Sims blog.

...Something something "players possibly triggered by these experiences IRL" something something...
    It's a bummer, personally, but it is what it is I suppose.
    In my experience, The Sims 1 had a far more terrifying tune when the burglar appeared. :fearful: It still sends chills up my spine to this day.

Because they "trigger" people? That would explain a lot of really great things missing from the game now. It's a shame that they had to water it down because of some notion that people are too soft or thin skinned to handle burgles. But if they are so worried about "triggering" people then they should remove woohoo, take away the ability to make trans sims, no more fire period. Sims shouldn't get angry at all. Then you'd have to remove the juice bar, 'cause we all know what that is supposed to be.

Sims can get food poisoning. That could be a possible "trigger" as well. And we don't want sims to drown in pools. And pets dying, so traumatic. I'm not making light of these events IRL, because I'm sure many of us have gone through at least three of them at one time or another. But they can't (if they did say that) use that as an excuse. Because if the issue of "triggering" someone was so great, well then Sims 4 shouldn't even exist.

The Sims was great. Sims 2 was great. Loved it if your sim was to poor to afford a car alarm and the car got stolen. lol And the Sims 3 was great. I think they've forgotten that the game is a life simulator, so shouldn't it have all those things still in it?

https://youtu.be/2MKO3I81_gs
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    I wish we could get burglars back :(

latest?cb=20080312035437
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 2018
    Trowicia wrote: »

https://youtu.be/4Il5aZhYy8E

(How do i post videos here lol)
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2018
    I never liked burglars, they are annoying because they came almost every household and just woke everyone up and did the same thing every time. But I think it would be cool to have some kind of villains in the game. Maybe even a superhero/villain pack for creating either villain or a hero. Both of them could have their own power path for character creation.
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    I never liked burglars, they are annoying because they came almost every household and just woke everyone up and did the same thing every time. But I think it would be cool to have some kind of villains in the game. Maybe even a superhero/villain pack for creating either villain or a hero. Both of them could have their own power path for character creation.

I'd rather have burglars.

Or the Unsavory Charlatan again.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Yeah the Charlatan was kinda fun but not burglars. If they came back I hope there is a way to shut them off.
    Yeah the Charlatan was kinda fun but not burglars. If they came back I hope there is a way to shut them off.

If they gave burglars an off switch, that means they can also put in one for vampires too. Of course it's not like I want my vampires off.
    Well yes but Vampire game pack is optional, if you dont like them you simply do not buy the Game Pack. My point is if they get patched in the game I hope they can be switched off or at least be very rare and not rob every house...
    Well yes but Vampire game pack is optional, if you dont like them you simply do not buy the Game Pack. My point is if they get patched in the game I hope they can be switched off or at least be very rare and not rob every house...

And then you have those who bought the game pack but didn't want the vampires in it...
    I havent heard anything like that but it's kinda odd lol. I just wish the villains and darker natured sims had more depth with humor. For example, burglars could be thieves living in some kinda hideaway or hiding spot with all their treasures etc. And your sim should be able to find that spot/place.
    edited February 2018

Well I hope not. Because TS4 needs these kinds of things. Burglars would make the game more fun and random. Honestly you barely see the alien abductions now.

However just because they would be back doesn't mean they would be the exact same mechanics wise. I don't know why people keep thinking like this, it's a little annoying.

They could easily make it so that sims don't even wake up this time while the burglar is on the lot and they wake up next day having a missing toilet and an angry/sad moodlet. Sims in the police career should be able to fight burglars.

I hope though that burglars will have a system where they steal from most to least valuable thing on the lot. They could use a crowbar on doors or a lock pick animation just so it makes it more fun.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Hope they add burglars soon. I’m beyond ready for NPC characters. And school buses... forget the lack of roads. I miss them.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I really hope we don't get burglars unless there is a way to completely prevent them. It would ruin the game for me and I would have to stop playing
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
    I really hope we don't get burglars unless there is a way to completely prevent them. It would ruin the game for me and I would have to stop playing

Why? Seems a bit dramatic.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Well some people complained about the Aliens so I think it's fair enough that they are rare because they came with Expansion. I love aliens but I also understand they are not for everyone. Aliens are made very beautiful in the Sims 4. You can create your own alientown if you wish with amazing skincolors and scifi styled makeups.

Don't get me wrong I like npc characters too but I just wish them to be more than just annoying dudes who wake everyone up. It would be fair if burglar type of npc could be switched on/off so everyone wins.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Why? Seems a bit dramatic.

I don't like anything unexpected or random happening to my sims because it stresses me out when I can't control everything that happens in my game. I know my opinion is really unpopular though.
    Am I too lost?
    edited February 2018
    I sometimes play the sims 3 and I use a mod to prevent burglars. So I would be okay with burglars being added as long as there was a way to prevent them from breaking in, either with a mod, or some way in the game.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Am I too lost?
    Vampire break ins can be stopped by locking front door from them, no mod needed. I guess something like that would work for burglars too.